Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by pinnation
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I Hope, guy just dicked me around. Talked to him last night for 10 mins - said I emailed all my info over let me know when I can come look at it. Don't hear anything

Call this morning - He said I've been busy I will send picts now.
I said ok let me know when I can come up and check it out.

Sends picts, I text and call him saying looks good, let me know so I can get money and my friend to help I can come anytime today

texts back Sold!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!

Is it me or are people just total douche bags anymore - I would never do that, tell the next guy well I have a deal going if it falls through your next - even if he is standing there with cash - not cool.

Well hopefully someone here got it looked nice and a good deal.
This is nothing new for CL, but People just suck - had to let out some steam sorry.

#2 11 years ago

I've had a lot of this too. I feel for you. Hopefully a decent guy got it.

#3 11 years ago

Same experiences here...people are just not 'nice' any more.

#4 11 years ago

Was thinking about calling this guy but figured it was too late.

#5 11 years ago

Don't believe the Hype. NJ posts on CL are not always legit. Posts are being made to
see who is online for the most part. There haven't been any good deals in ages!

#6 11 years ago

Why hasn't anybody bought the bsd on north jersey craigslist? Did anybody go see it. They have it listed for 1295 which seems pretty reasonable.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Why hasn't anybody bought the bsd on north jersey craigslist? Did anybody go see it. They have it listed for 1295 which seems pretty reasonable.

that BSD is a "working project" and when I emailed him he wouldn't send photos and wouldn't say what was wrong, other than to come check it out.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from louknees:

that BSD is a "working project" and when I emailed him he wouldn't send photos and wouldn't say what was wrong, other than to come check it out.

He relisted it with pics. He says the playfield is very nice without planking. The cab looks a little rough in the pics but it should be a decent pickup for somebody.

#9 11 years ago

"It plays with test errors". What does that mean? Do the locks lock? I'd love to pick this up, toss some LED's, new rubbers, fuses, solenoids and all that but I'm not spending $1,300 to restore the thing. I also don't want to drive an hour to find out it's trash. If I have to spend a few hours doing some soldering that ok. I've been looking for a decent game for a decent price. I don't care about the cabinet or back box. Just a decent playfield and a working game. What would you guys pay if it plays nice but looks ugly? How hard are the parts to find for this game?

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from fusion301:

I Hope, guy just dicked me around. Talked to him last night for 10 mins - said I emailed all my info over let me know when I can come look at it. Don't hear anything
Call this morning - He said I've been busy I will send picts now.
I said ok let me know when I can come up and check it out.
Sends picts, I text and call him saying looks good, let me know so I can get money and my friend to help I can come anytime today
texts back Sold!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!
Is it me or are people just total douche bags anymore - I would never do that, tell the next guy well I have a deal going if it falls through your next - even if he is standing there with cash - not cool.
Well hopefully someone here got it looked nice and a good deal.
This is nothing new for CL, but People just suck - had to let out some steam sorry.

I have been through this all myself. You did not have a deal, you needed to see pictures first. The seller has no obligation to put others on hold for you unless a deal was struck. A deal is a verbal agreement by both parties to purchase/sell for X amount of dollars, at a specific time/date. You did not have this. I am sure that there were others that wanted to see pictures first too. They responded with cash before you did. On the other hand, if you had made a deal, agreed on price, and time for pick-up, and the seller texted back that is was sold, then you have every right to say WTF!!!

Seller did nothing wrong here.

#11 11 years ago

The Guy with the BSD emailed me back. Said it had numerous errors and the mist did not work. The mist is or is not an easy fix. He also said there was previous work done to the boards. I took that to mean hacks. I passed. Don't need another project.

#12 11 years ago

Yeh I didnt need to see pictures first - and I even said, heres all my info let me know when I can come get it I don't want someone else coming along, I want you to know Im good to go as long as the machines not trashed etc when I get there. He said ok, I just posted the CL add so let me figure out what time I can meet it needs to be before 5pm tomorrow - I said ok just let me know when you have my info Im available all day. When you are ready I'll get my buddy and come up - he sends over pictures in the mean time, I called left him a message, texted him - said looks good let me know when to come up and get it.

Texts back SOLD! someone down the street just showed up with cash?!?! Ok so someone down the street knows your address with out you talking to them? He said oh yeh I wasn't expecting that - sorry.

#13 11 years ago

Sorry OP. I hate when that crap happens. However, I have learned that for every good deal you lose to scumbag sellers, you eventually get a good one. I have had it happen to me.

#14 11 years ago

Craigslist in N.J. has been like a ghost town - same games being re listed every week

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from FiveSixPyro:

"It plays with test errors". What does that mean? Do the locks lock? I'd love to pick this up, toss some LED's, new rubbers, fuses, solenoids and all that but I'm not spending $1,300 to restore the thing. I also don't want to drive an hour to find out it's trash. If I have to spend a few hours doing some soldering that ok. I've been looking for a decent game for a decent price. I don't care about the cabinet or back box. Just a decent playfield and a working game. What would you guys pay if it plays nice but looks ugly? How hard are the parts to find for this game?

I went to see it as I work close by. Someone was playing it when I got there. Display looked good. The playfield is in good shape. Some broken plastics. The big thing is the cabinet. Needs new decals and lots of work. Still, if I didn't just pick up another pin I would have bought it.

John

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

Craigslist in N.J. has been like a ghost town - same games being re listed every week

Yeah I am getting sick of those SM pinball toy and pinball911 ads. They are up every day.

#17 11 years ago

Yah, no kidding. If you are going to dick around with pictures for a local steal, it's going to get sold out from under you 10 times out of 10.

#18 11 years ago

Thanks for the info Johndelnj

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from fusion301:

Yeh I didnt need to see pictures first - and I even said, heres all my info let me know when I can come get it I don't want someone else coming along, I want you to know Im good to go as long as the machines not trashed etc when I get there. He said ok, I just posted the CL add so let me figure out what time I can meet it needs to be before 5pm tomorrow - I said ok just let me know when you have my info Im available all day. When you are ready I'll get my buddy and come up - he sends over pictures in the mean time, I called left him a message, texted him - said looks good let me know when to come up and get it.
Texts back SOLD! someone down the street just showed up with cash?!?! Ok so someone down the street knows your address with out you talking to them? He said oh yeh I wasn't expecting that - sorry.

This is different from what you originally posted. I still do not see where you two confirmed a deal?

#20 11 years ago

They were total scumbags. Call them and try and talk to the salesman. Totally shady, and dishonest... And the other even worse. Have fun.

#21 11 years ago

NJ is a crap shoot with craigslist. I called and emailed and no reply. It helps if your local and not 2 hours away like me. Another one slips away......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashua, NH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-a-pinsider-get-the-earthshaker-in-nj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.