6678d41f4e8b3fb091805e05ffa05db142c9ee2c (resized).jpg
92a829d2f438ed201d0f3e0e95083b8bf263b185 (resized).jpg
2bd3bd0c875438791e5ef029bcc4c5ebe1334da6.jpeg (resized).jpg
0fc743611d64c81dabbd67df040292e79596c3c3 (resized).jpg
tighter_than_dicks_hat_band (resized).jpg
Standard vs Deluxe (resized).jpg
IMG_3957 (resized).PNG
IMG_3954 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

8/1/19

Past customer promotion has ended.

7/28/19

It is the last few days for the past customer promotion on the Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits. There are also many new things in the works at SpeakerLightKits.com. New acrylic designs and also many new products for games with the larger 5.25" speakers.

7/2/19

If you have purchased SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits from me from 1/1/18 - 2/28/19 at full price and not received your $10 off for each one purchased toward a Deluxe Speaker Light Kits....now is the time as the 3 month long promotion is ending 7/31/19.

6/4/19

The past SPIKE 2 customer promotion is still on!

5/19/2019

Video link added showing off all 358 color transition modes for the Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit's controller.

5/3/2019

Website update is done. The Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit is now available and past customer appreciation promotion has starter: Read about it all here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dick-s-hatband-is-coming-from-speakerlightkitscom#post-4974342

5/2/2019

I'm a bit behind on my May 1st launch, but things are showing up on my website. I just added a page describing Plastic Canvas and how it can be used to enhance my Standard and upcoming Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Plastic-Canvas-Use.html

4/30/2019

Install instructions added...details below.

3/30/2019

Video added:

2/25/2019

I am behind on updating https://speakerlightkits.com/ and adding all the new things I have planned. Some, I have had ready for quite some time and others are brand new. Besides website updates. I also have new install instructions to make as well as refinements on some new acrylic designs and even some international testing to be done on certain products.

I'm hoping this thread will keep me moving (though, this is one of the busy pinball show seasons for me) and I can post this current crop of additions and news to this topic thread. If interested, you might also want to follow at https://www.facebook.com/speakerlightkits/ as I think I may post some temporary stories and do some live video streaming on there if I can get that figured out.

In any case, it is almost here. Be prepared to an adventure. Get ready for: Dick's Hatband!

#2 5 years ago
DicksAlmostHere (resized).jpgDicksAlmostHere (resized).jpg
#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

New product! Can’t wait to see some pic’s and video. Hopefully this is a working link to your FB page.
https://m.facebook.com/speakerlightkits/

Thanks for that. I didn't realize pinside wasn't making links unless the http:// part was included.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I am looking forward to seeing a lot more acrylic designs.

I have acrylic designs suitable for The Beatles (or Aerosmith) and The Munsters near completion.

#7 5 years ago
Her1stDicks (resized).jpgHer1stDicks (resized).jpg
#8 5 years ago

The final push in near...

Pooping robot thinking about Dick's (resized).jpgPooping robot thinking about Dick's (resized).jpg
#9 5 years ago

Video has been posted on my Facebook page. More details will follow.

IMG_3950 (resized).JPGIMG_3950 (resized).JPGIMG_3954 (resized).PNGIMG_3954 (resized).PNG Added over 5 years ago:

Link to Facebook page where video is posted: https://www.facebook.com/speakerlightkits

Added over 5 years ago:

VIDEO ADDED

#11 5 years ago

I have another video posted on my Facebook page with Dick's Hatband in a Munsters LE. On this one I have selected mostly white light patters for it to cycle through.

IMG_3957 (resized).PNGIMG_3957 (resized).PNG Added over 5 years ago:

Link to Facebook page where video is posted: https://www.facebook.com/speakerlightkits

Added over 5 years ago:

VIDEO ADDED

#14 5 years ago

I added a page on my website explaining some of the differences between the Standard and Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits.

In my opinion the standard is a good choice if you are planning on setting the speaker lights to a static color and leaving them (the RGB controller that is included with my standard Speaker Light Kits have 20 static colors selectable on the remote). Especially if you are looking for a very specific shade of a color (EX: I want my Iron Maiden set to a very specific gold look.....as opposed to a more flat looking yellow). In this case the standard SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit has a remote where you can create / adjust the color shades and save that specific color to one of it's 6 DIY buttons. It also has a few color transition modes, but they are fairly limited (5 transition modes).

The Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit uses individually addressable LEDs so specific lights can be lit or unlit, any chosen color at any particular time. Of course this is done by the included RGB remote, but it does offer 7 static colors and 351 different transition modes. Many of these modes are single color chase modes (where only certain SMDs light at specific times), multicolored modes where all 7 colors are used together and also a large selection of 2 color modes (where 2 different colors chase, fade and interact with each other). All and all, it offers a much more impressive light show and allows for more choices on what the speaker lights can do.

I will also be offering sound activated controllers for the Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits. They still have the issue of the pinball machine making a lot more sounds than just music....so don't expect a 1 to 1 light show with the songs selected on Iron Maiden or Aerosmith. Having said that, it is a way more impressive light show than using a sound activated with the Standard SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit.....as the individually addressable LEDs allow different SMDs on the light strip to be lit or not and also for the different bulbs to be different colors at the same time. So that makes for a more impressive light show, even if it doesn't match the game's music (and is getting triggered by callouts and coils also). This sound controller also offers non-sound activated light transition modes and an impressive color selection of 50 selectable colors that can be used static or in the various transition modes. The run down on this Deluxe Sound Activated RGB Controller is: 5 sound modes (one of them uses only the 1 of 50 colors you have selected), 6 "rainbow" modes that use 7 different colors (all of these modes are reversible in the direction the light show runs), 5 single color modes, using the 1 of 50 colors that you have selected (3 of these are reversible). This controller also has 5 levels of adjustable brightness, but no speed adjustment on the light transition modes.

I did a lot of testing of different RGB controllers with these addressable light strips (as well as testing many different light strips and power supplies) and these 2 controllers came out the best overall.

Standard vs Deluxe (resized).jpgStandard vs Deluxe (resized).jpgtighter_than_dicks_hat_band (resized).jpgtighter_than_dicks_hat_band (resized).jpg
1 week later
#16 5 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I got this kit the other day and installed it on my Iron Maiden Pro. It is very cool! I have a video I took of it but can't figure out how to post it directly here. I got my kit with the sound-responsive controller so you get all these cool lighting effects in the speaker lights that somewhat respond to the music and sound from the game. I'm just beginning to figure out all the different modes of the RGB controller but so far I think this is one of the best mods, especially for the money! The game looks totally different with lit-up speaker frames.
I should also mention that Doug is incredibly helpful with the inevitable installation questions I have whenever I install one of these. Even though his instructions were pretty clear, I still ended up going back and forth via email a bit before getting everything to work just right.
The only thing I would say (and this is minor) is that the round acrylic designs he has that worked so well on the old Stern round speakers don't work quite the same on the new rectangular "honeycomb" speaker grilles. That is a minor nit, though, and I think the game probably looks better with just the unadorned speakers.

I'm glad everything arrived well and you like the new light kit.

I'm not usually a fan of the sound activated RGB controllers in pinball machines as the music, callouts and coils all make noise that effects the controller, but with the individual addressable LEDs that the Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits use, using the sound controllers are much more impressive looking than with the Standard SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits with the normal RGB lights.

As for the acrylic designs for the SPIKE 2 games, they certainly aren't as easy to mount as the drop in frames I thought up and developed for the Whitestar, SAM and SPIKE 1 games. With Stern designing the new speaker panels with the grills built into them, it really limits options. I do my best to provide what is needed to make them look their best and supply information that I have gathered while mounting different types of designs. I defiantly like some more than others and some of the same designs can look drastically better or worse depending on how they are mounted.

0fc743611d64c81dabbd67df040292e79596c3c3 (resized).jpg0fc743611d64c81dabbd67df040292e79596c3c3 (resized).jpg2bd3bd0c875438791e5ef029bcc4c5ebe1334da6.jpeg (resized).jpg2bd3bd0c875438791e5ef029bcc4c5ebe1334da6.jpeg (resized).jpg6678d41f4e8b3fb091805e05ffa05db142c9ee2c (resized).jpg6678d41f4e8b3fb091805e05ffa05db142c9ee2c (resized).jpg92a829d2f438ed201d0f3e0e95083b8bf263b185 (resized).jpg92a829d2f438ed201d0f3e0e95083b8bf263b185 (resized).jpgGotG2 (resized).jpgGotG2 (resized).jpg
#17 5 years ago

SpeakerLightKits.com Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit now on display at TPF.

IMG_3987 (resized).JPGIMG_3987 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#18 5 years ago

Greg from Straight Down The Middle: a pinball show was nice enough to post a video on their YouTube channel showing off my new Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit.

I hope to have these available on my website by May 1st, 2019. If anyone has any questions about them, feel free to ask.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

Do you have any acrylic designs for Munsters yet?

I don't have them on my website yet. I was hoping to get them added at the same time as the Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits, but as it stands I will probably have the acrylic designs added before them. As I expect the install instructions on the new light kits may take longer than expected. I know what acrylic designs I WILL have as far as The Munsters and The Beatles goes, but it will still be a couple of weeks to get them added to my website with my current schedule.

The Munsters "critters" will be in black acrylic and the "portraits" are etched in clear acrylic (the dark / black area you see in the designs is just a dark cloth I have behind the designs). The music notes will be available in black acrylic or gold mirror.

....and if people didn't know, I can get any of my acrylic designs in any color / materiel you would like (as long as it's an available color). I just ask that you also buy a Speaker Light Kit, pre-pay for the order and be patient as it may be 2 - 3 weeks to get the order with the custom acrylics ready to ship. Ordering a custom acrylic color / materiel is no extra cost.

A possible down side of custom requests as far as designs for SPIKE 2 games goes is, I only have red, gold, black and silver mounting screws. So requesting 2 purple mirrored kitty designs and using black, red, gold or silver screws on it might look a bit...off.

Acrylic Designs (resized).jpgAcrylic Designs (resized).jpg
#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Seen the new design lights at TPF really looked great. Look forward to getting a kit when available.

Glad to hear....I was getting a bit disappointed last weekend when I was watching walkthrough after walkthrough and not seeing them in any videos. I knew from the layout about where that Deadpool was located....yet most of the people would look down that isle where the game was and then turn and go the other way (where they had already been).

So I was glad to see them in the Pinball News walkthrough and it's nice to hear they were seen. Thanks for the kind words.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The only Minor issue is the booth that was displaying them had them in rapid chase mode. SNot a good look almost looked like a convince store sign. But since I seen your videos I knew they were probably just set wrong.

The demo light kit should have been set to auto cycle through all 358 color / transition modes. On a medium speed that takes quite a bit of time to get through them all. This was done to show off what the light kit could do as opposed to only choosing colors and color transitions to match that particular game and it's color scheme.

I did get a report on Friday that the light kit was turned off and I can only speculate that was due to another mod being on the same RF channel as it and inadvertently turning it off. I'm guessing there were quite a few mods operating in that room during the show. My friend turned it back on and the next morning I instructed him on how to change the RF channel on the light kit to something different so it would be less likely to be affected again. From his reports it went smoothly after that.

I've noticed that all of the controllers I have tested have been on the same channel when they are first powered on. I am still debating if this is a good thing or if I should re-pair each remote and controller before sending them out (so they ship on a more randomized channel). I hadn't even considered this before giving the light kit to my friend to install at the show or I would have switch it from the "default" channel to try to avoid any interference from another mod using this default channel. I'm not certain how many RF channels the RGB controllers have, but I do know you can set them up so a single remote can control all of the Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits a person would have or you can make one remote control one light kit while a different remote controls a different light kit. I hope to hook a bunch up to see how many different remote pairings it can handle.

1 month later
#27 4 years ago

4/30/2019

I am still working on getting things added to the website. Hopefully I will have many new items added to the website (including the New Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits). I do have their install instructions added to the website here:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Deluxe-SPIKE-2-Install.html

For people that have installed my SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits before.....the physical mounting the the light frames is the same, but the power and other connections are completely different. This is the first light kit I have had that has different power connections depending on if you have a North America or International game.

I am also planning on having a promotion on my new Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light kits for people that have previously bought Standard SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits from me. More detail on that when they release. You can keep an eye out on Pinside or my Facebook page for more updates.

#31 4 years ago

The Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits are NOW AVAILABLE!

I am offering a promotion for past customers that have bought the Standard SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits from my website from 1/1/18 - 2/28/19. It will be $10 off toward a new Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit (Type 12) for every Standard SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit that was purchased at full price during that period.

I will be checking my transaction records whenever anyone purchases one of the new deluxe kits to see if you meet the promotion requirements. If you think you are eligible and want to take advantage of the offer, or to check if you are eligible, please e-mail me at [email protected] and check to make sure before placing your order.

I am planning on doing this promotion until July 31st, but it may be shortened if any unexpected issues crop up.

This is the first time I have ever offered an upgraded version of a product I have already been selling. So I want to give a little pay back to my past customers that supported me with my original SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits. I hope people like them

ALSO, I have a lot of other website updates done:

New acrylic designs for The Munsters and The Beatles

New accessories: Plastic Canvas, Deluxe Sound Controllers for the new light kits, Bill Validator Power Splitters, Replacement Speaker Plates (which I have had, but unlisted, for nearly a year)

New install instructions for the deluxe light kits as well as pages explaining and showing how my newly listed product are used

All and all it was the biggest update I have done since the website was built and handed over to me by my friend SupaDave (formally of PinballToppers.com). I was really pushing for the May 1st deadline I set for myself, but even though I did have some things ready by then....I wanted to wait until it was all listed and available before flipping the switch.

So please let me know if you have any questions about anything Speaker Light Kit related and I will do my best to answer. I do hope to get a video showing off the new Deluxe Sound Activated RGB controller with the new Type 12 light kit soon, as well as some Munsters design pictures.

- Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Deluxe Aerosmith main (resized).jpgDeluxe Aerosmith main (resized).jpg
1 week later
#32 4 years ago
knock off vs the real deal (resized).jpgknock off vs the real deal (resized).jpg
#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I've been playing the Deadpool that was at TPF, I think. It's Xerico's, yeah? I don't know the first thing about addressable LEDS, but holy crap those speaker lights add a TON of visual draw. Nice set of patterns, looks like they're game integrated, but I don't usually watch the speakers...but man, I can just sit there and stare at them.
*edit* Page doesn't say anything about them hooking into the game, so I assume I'm on crack and it was just coincidence, but for 85 bucks IDGAF. They are still freakin' awesome, and would buy if I had an appropriate game of my own.

Yeah, that would be the sample Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit I had my friend put in Xericon's game at TPF. They don't hook into the game (except to get its power, before it hits the games power supply, power distribution board and game boards), but if you pick the right light patterns, they can be pretty fitting for each game. Aerosmith seems pretty fitting with the multi-colored rainbow selections. My friend's Black Knight: SoR looked pretty fitting using only red and yellow transitions and I would expect Deadpool would be good with a lot of the red color patterns.

I believe each of the 7 selectable static colors have 7 different single color modes, if you are wanting go with 2 different colors (ex: red and yellow) that doubles the choices to 14 modes to pick from, plus adds even more using those 2 selected colors together. So you have quite a few color transitions to choose from, even if you are limiting the colors that you decide to use. You can pick a single color transition you like or save up to 8 of them in the DIY "favorites menu" for easy access or select for the controller to auto switch between all of the saved favorites in your DIY list.

Doug - SpeakerLightKits.com

#35 4 years ago

Here's a picture of the Munsters critters acrylic designs.

IMG_4071 (resized).JPGIMG_4071 (resized).JPG
#37 4 years ago

I just recorded a video showing off the different color transitions on the Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit. The controller was set to about half brightness (to not blow out the colors in the video) and I really had to crank up the speed to get all 358 transitions to fit in a time period that my phone would allow me to record.

2 weeks later
#40 4 years ago

My "Past SPIKE 2 Customer Promotion" has been going smoothly and many of my past SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit customers have taken advantage of it so I am keeping it going for another month (at least). Here are more details:

I am offering a promotion of $10 off (toward a New Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light KIt) for every Standard SPIKE 2 (type 11) Speaker Light Kit that a person has bought from my website at full price from 1/1/18 - 2/28/19. I will be checking my transaction records when a person makes a Deluxe purchase to see if they are eligible, but if you believe you qualify and you want to take advantage of this offer...please e-mail me at [email protected] to verify your discount and the amount.

$100s have been discounted in the first month of the promotion, so if you are a past SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit purchaser from my website...and would be interested in a new Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit, now is the time to give them a buy.

1 week later
#41 4 years ago

Here is a Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit in a Munsters Pro picture that a customer sent me. Seems like a nice color selection with the trim.

Munsters Pro (resized).jpgMunsters Pro (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#42 4 years ago

Here's a video of a Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit in a GotG.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

BK LE doesn't have any foam in front of the speakers. How does that affect the looks and the installation?

You can see what my Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits look like without the speaker foam on the Munsters LE video I have posted above (near the top of the thread). Of course it has the gold metal speaker surrounds that do not light up or let light shine through them at all. So BK:SoR LE is bound to look a bit different with it's red surrounds that do let light shine through them. I also only had the light kit set to display white color patterns in the Munsters LE video above, but it does show off how the light kit shows off it's different patterns, even without the speaker foam.

...and here is a video of the deluxe sound activated controller in an Aerosmith without the speaker foam. So short because battery pooped out.

I also have a video here of how my Standard SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit would look on a BK:SOR LE. On this you can see it does light up the surround quite a bit, even with the lights being in front of it. I'm sure the Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit would do an even more impressive job with the red surrounds.

I am also working on some new things that are more LE / 5 1/4" speaker specific (speaker plates, speaker lights, custom surrounds, etc...).

#45 4 years ago

If you have purchased SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits from me from 1/1/18 - 2/28/19 at full price and not received your $10 off for each one purchased toward a Deluxe Speaker Light Kits....now is the time as the 3 month long promotion is ending 7/31/19. Here are more details on how it works:

I am offering a promotion of $10 off (toward a New Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit) for every Standard SPIKE 2 (type 11) Speaker Light Kit that a person has bought from my website at full price from 1/1/18 - 2/28/19. I will be checking my transaction record when a person makes a Deluxe purchase to see if they are eligible, but if you believe you qualify and you want to take advantage of this offer...please e-mail me at [email protected] to verify your discount and the amount.

So far the promotion has gone well and I haven't been contacted by anyone asking for the promotion that I had missed.

3 weeks later
#46 4 years ago

It is the last few days for the past SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit customer promotion (ends 7/31/19). Details on the promotion can be seen in posts I have made above.

I am also working on many new things. Getting new acrylic designs listed on the website (Black Knight:SoR, Star Wars and Jurassic Park) as well as offering custom color speaker surrounds for users of the larger 5.25" speakers that are often in SPIKE 2 LE games. I hope to soon be offering even more 5.25" speaker related products that will make the price of a 4" to 5.25" upgrade more affordable for people that are interested in that type of upgrade.

Assorted Speaker Surrounds (resized).JPGAssorted Speaker Surrounds (resized).JPG
#48 4 years ago

These acrylic designs (along with a new Star Wars design and a Jurassic Park design) should be listed and available on my website sometime next week.

The "Deluxe SPIKE 2 5.25" Speaker Light Kits" will be available soon. I am still working on some small details with them, as well as additional accessories for people that would like to make the 4" to 5.25" speaker upgrade.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dick-s-hatband-is-coming-from-speakerlightkitscom?tu=DugFreez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.