Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Size3215
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Wanted to let any potential buyers know that the game listed doesn't work as the ad states. In fact the game comes on but none of the targets reset. Some of the coils were locked on. The sound doesn't work. The sellers know this now and are misrepresenting the game. I didnt have to drive far to see it but originally they offered me the game for 300 then 2 hours before our scheduled appt they called and told me they were raising the price to 700. I was willing to pay because they told me it was huo they were the only owners and they bought it brand new, not true the front has security holes filled with carriage bolts. Also some of the drop targets are broke. The overall condition of the cab and playfield was very good. Hope this helps any buyers that are about to waste gas tolls and time to come to Long Island .

#2 9 years ago

Btw back box light was missing, looked like the fluorescent holders were there but no bulb. Game booted and the displays looked ok, instructed the seller not to leave it on or else he was going to cause more damage, based on the pictures in the listing he's not listening to any of that advice.

#3 9 years ago

there was one around the tuscon area not too long ago, sounds like it might be in better shape

#4 9 years ago

Even though it was broke, I still offered to pay them 500.00, I was told no way, they had a line of people that we're going to buy it. I said you sure do you listed it at 300.00 did you let the line know the price was now 700. Hey if someone out there wants a nice example to start with the game overall is good. But if your in the northeast and your planning a day trip, don't bother.

#5 9 years ago

I saw that too, photos looked like they were taken with a Fisher Price toddler camera. $700? Hope they plan on keeping it for a loooooooong time. Thanks for the heads-up!~Spooks

#6 9 years ago

Link

newyork.craigslist.org link

What it should say is "nothing works"

#7 9 years ago

Bump, in case an unsuspecting pinsider missed this.

#8 9 years ago

Anyone interested in a Diamond Lady let me know. Thinking about selling mine. Pretty nice example.

#9 9 years ago

Sunday morning bump … As this post save me big time from going to Long Island for this non working Diamond Lady. Thank you very much Colehvac1 for the nice pinside pinball karma!!!!

David

#10 9 years ago

Thanks for the heads-up on this seller. FWIW, I simply cannot stand sellers like this. List something for $300.00 then get a few interested calls/emails and jump to 700.00. I would personally kick his lying ass if I had to drive all the way out to LI only to be scammed like this. Seriously, people like that deserve everything they get.

#11 9 years ago

I received an email stating the ball return is now working, ball return? Suddenly they know pinball terminology , something smells. I was also offered the game for 600.00, not bad considering it was already sold to me for 300.00.

#12 9 years ago

Seriously, everyone here should flood this guy with emails telling him what a great pin he has. Then don't show up. I'd bet he'd raise his price to 900.00....let's see what happens!

#13 9 years ago

No , that wasn't the point of my thread, I was just trying to save someone a trip from out of state. It really have sucked for me if I drove to ct and found out. I think one person told them not to sell it to me, and they would pay 700. That person was suppose to pick up the game last night, Maybe the person stumbled across this post and decided not to show up. Please don't bully the seller that is not my intent.

#14 9 years ago

Hey Cole,

Just out of curiosity, was the translite very difficult to remove and install? My DL's translite is a real PIA to put in and take out because the channel in the bottom of the wooden display frame at the top of the head is cut about 1/8" or so too shallow. The translite does not slide up far enough to allow the bottom edge to swing over the frame and down into the lower groove. I have noticed the same thing on the two other DL's that I have seen.

Diamond lady is a fun game, the music and speech are a little weak, but gameplay is fun and there is a lot going on. That black Vitrigraph playfield really looks sharp when you have it shined up.

Hope you find a good one, or this guy (GFL) comes to his senses.

Alan

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Hey Cole,
Just out of curiosity, was the translite very difficult to remove and install? My DL's translite is a real PIA to put in and take out because the channel in the bottom of the wooden display frame at the top of the head is cut about 1/8" or so too shallow. The translite does not slide up far enough to allow the bottom edge to swing over the frame and down into the lower groove. I have noticed the same thing on the two other DL's that I have seen.
Diamond Lady is a fun game, the music and speech are a little weak, but gameplay is fun and there is a lot going on. That black Vitrigraph playfield really looks sharp when you have it shined up.
Hope you find a good one, or this guy (GFL) comes to his senses.
Alan

a real common prob i think, mine is a PIA also

#16 9 years ago

It was a problem to remove, I thought it was because the game was in a moist unheated basement, I'm glad to hear that its not a moisture issue, it was just as hard to get it back in. I was contacted by another pinsider who would sell his for a nice price, I wouldn't mind the driving if it was quad riding weather, he's only 45 mins off the route to my campsite in pa, but its too cold to go riding

#17 9 years ago

Good looking out for others Cole!

1 week later
#18 9 years ago

Yo rocket man

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diamond-lady-pinball-on-cl-ny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.