4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by tait316
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 20eyes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago

I had 2 system 80B mpus go down just recently in good working games same sorta thing just plain dead. Both quit while sitting in attract mode. One was a bad U4 RIOT the other was a bad U6 RIOT I already had them socketed to they were easy to test and swap out. Could also be bad connections on the daughter card. If they are suspect I typically just buy new daughter cards from Fred since the originals are easy to damage with only having single sided traces.
Sound issues depend on whats wrong. Are you missing all sound just some sounds or are they just distorted and glitchy? The most common thing I have found is bad op amps on these sound boards. Rams are not socketed so they are not easy to test. I doubt it would be a bad rom but anything is possible.

#5 4 years ago

Problem is there isn't really a quick simple one size fits all method to fixing these 80B machines. All seem to have the same issues and there is really no better method than to go through the whole machine all the boards and all connections little by little. You seem to be on the right track.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 20eyes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diamond-lady-not-booting?tu=20eyes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.