image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
CEB0CE2D-297E-41E0-94E1-97B45F4813E2 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
018496E1-5D0D-49DD-BF9E-9607D9E775B0 (resized).jpeg
F9A12F7D-5C56-4904-869D-C65033C739EA (resized).jpeg
GTBSound (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the9gman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 3 years ago

all the sound control lines sound 1,2,4,8,16 and 32 if used must be a 5v high for the reset to work. I would check all the lines for 5v if one is low the card the reset line will not reset the card

#35 3 years ago

exactly black on ground red on lead on the line.....I don't have your particular machine but all system 80B s use the same architecture the MA766 and the 886 use the same type commands. they use pull up resistors on the sound card and negative triggers to control the music and sounds ...most machines use lines labeled sound 1,sound 2,sound 4 ,sound 8 and sound 16 to create 31 possible triggers. During the game there is also a sequence that resets the board ......look on your schematics for these lines and they should all read 5 volts the triggers are so fast that you can only see them with an O-scope and you wont pick them up with a meter other then sound 16 which is controlled by the driver board under certain conditions so during the game it will be high or low but at the start it should be high. The same goes for sound 32 but it is not used in most games

#36 3 years ago

if you haven't done the ground mods use the 5v ground on the sound card

#38 3 years ago

yes sound 1 thru 8 comes from the mpu and usually sound 16 from the driver board

#41 3 years ago

right if one of the lines is shorted to ground the board will not reset at the beginning of the game only when you reset the card manually like you spoke of earlier....you can turn on the game and hit the start button and then do you checks before you shoot the ball

#43 3 years ago

exactly

1 week later
#61 3 years ago

without having the schematics for the game its hard to tell, on most games, sound 16 which looks like pin 9 on A6P1 ...black black green usually comes from the driver board ....usually a transistor on that board and on most games it goes from the driver board thru P9 and then to the sound card.

Pin 10 looks like it is the NOT/Reset Not is designated by the line over the word reset ....from the looks of the and gate its tied to and the pull up resistor it should be normally high 5 .....my guess is that it comes directly from the MPU .....understand here that without the schematics I'm kinda pissing in the wind. That line may supposed to be held low on purpose . The reset of the 6502 chip on the sound board happens on a positive pulse ....that line may go positive for a millisecond at the start of the game to initiate a reset but you will never see it without an O-SCOPE

for now I would concentrate on pin 9 and check for a shorted transistor on the driver board or something mis-wired

#65 3 years ago

yes that is where it is coming from ....usually goes from there thru P9 and then to the sound board

1 week later
#69 3 years ago

i thought about this after the last post ....I would just disconnect and insulate sound 16 off the sound board and then fire the game up and see if the sound card works normally ....with sound 16 disconnected you will be missing some sounds but the card should still work. if it does you need to find out where the short is on that line and it can be the Z2 flip flop chip holding Q5 on which is holding sound 16 low

#75 3 years ago

on the driver board on the schematic and yes I would just pull the pin and tape it back just to test it

#79 3 years ago

z2 provides a high to turn on Q5 which grounds output sound 16 ......so the question is if you open that line does the sound card reset normally on the start of the game ....then you have to figure out is Q5 on or is it shorted .....if it is on there will be a positive voltage on the base you can check it on either side of R5....if there is not then Q5 is bad

#82 3 years ago

exactly there will be a positive voltage on both sides of it and as long as its higher then + 1.2vdc it will turn Q5 on and Q5 will output a ground for sound 16
I would put the black lead on A3J4 pin 15 which should be the board ground and the red lead on R5

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 79.95
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 18.00
Apparel - Unisex
Cobra Amusements
Unisex
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the9gman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diamond-lady-help?tu=the9gman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.