image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
CEB0CE2D-297E-41E0-94E1-97B45F4813E2 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
018496E1-5D0D-49DD-BF9E-9607D9E775B0 (resized).jpeg
F9A12F7D-5C56-4904-869D-C65033C739EA (resized).jpeg
GTBSound (resized).jpg

There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Keep the connector and just repin it.

Ah, yeahhh. I guess I could but I don’t have the extraction tool haha. I am going to put an ad up for it probably.

#102 3 years ago

Think I found it on the display board. Thinking about just getting another connector from Docent Electronics. What do you all think?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#103 3 years ago

I think you should repin every connector that you know hasn’t been repinned or replaced.

There has to be something that can substitute and used to get the old pins out of that connector.

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think you should repin every connector that you know hasn’t been repinned or replaced.
There has to be something that can substitute and used to get the old pins out of that connector.

Yeah, absolutely. I will definitely need to get my hands on something

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

Yes! I omitted the edge connector and put in an IDE cable. Do you also see that the reset signal goes under the cabinet? I wonder if the issue is there?

Could you post a pic of the IDE cable you installed there?

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Sure! I’ll be there on Thursday to take a pic

#107 3 years ago

Sounds good! In the meantime you may want to reach out to Docent and see if they're open for biz. Another pinsider here tried them recently and got no response (yet, at least). I'm not really sure where else to get the connectors otherwise

#108 3 years ago

I sent them an order and never heard back. I suggest taking your business elsewhere. Try Great Plains electronics.

#109 3 years ago

That is weird! I know I replaced A1J2 from Docent about 4 months ago and had no problem. I wonder what’s up

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Here it is! I am going to check those two connectors (with the reset line) this weekend hopefully. I will definitely try Docent for the display connector.

30586AC8-91C4-4690-BA8D-326E6F113F84 (resized).jpeg30586AC8-91C4-4690-BA8D-326E6F113F84 (resized).jpeg
#111 3 years ago

Ohhhhh, i totally didn't realize the mpu had an IDE connector! Is that an aftermarket mpu? Does the driver board have an IDE plug as well? If so, i wouldn't necessarily bother getting the connectors from Docent. IDE cables are the better choice if possible.

#112 3 years ago

Both the mpu and driver board are aftermarket.

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Ohhhhh, i totally didn't realize the mpu had an IDE connector! Is that an aftermarket mpu? Does the driver board have an IDE plug as well? If so, i wouldn't necessarily bother getting the connectors from Docent. IDE cables are the better choice if possible.

Right! My display is original so I’ll need to buy one of those blue connectors from Docent haha. I’ll just bother the hell out of them!

#114 3 years ago

This is the other connector I am gonna need to find in the game haha. Not even sure if it will be an edge or a molex connector because it is under the Playfield. I would check it out today but the roads are real bad! Diamond Lady is at the family Lake House so I don’t get to go there often right now because of the crappy weather!

5B20D834-F49C-4099-B994-96F9DE5C270B (resized).jpeg5B20D834-F49C-4099-B994-96F9DE5C270B (resized).jpeg
#115 3 years ago

Don’t worry about anything in the cabinet right now. Concentrate on repinning every connector that plugs into the boards in the head. Report back once all of that is done.

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Don’t worry about anything in the cabinet right now. Concentrate on repinning every connector that plugs into the boards in the head. Report back once all of that is done.

Sounds good

4 weeks later
#117 3 years ago

Okay, so I also wanted to find A10J2 while I am waiting for the display connector. A10J2 has the reset line so I wanna trace the connection from here. Anyone know where I can find this? Is it near the power supply?

#118 3 years ago

Says somewhere in the bottom cabinet. Not very helpful, lol! Still, it's a place to start looking. In fact, it appears to be a 9-pin connector and all the wire color codes are labeled.
848018006.png848018006.png

Just refer to the chart at the bottom right where the color codes are listed. 1726545395.png1726545395.png

Then you can track down the 9-pin connector in the bottom of the cab that has that set of colored wires.

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Says somewhere in the bottom cabinet. Not very helpful, lol! Still, it's a place to start looking. In fact, it appears to be a 9-pin connector and all the wire color codes are labeled.
[quoted image]
Just refer to the chart at the bottom right where the color codes are listed. [quoted image]
Then you can track down the 9-pin connector in the bottom of the cab that has that set of colored wires.

Thanks, man! Think it’s a molex? Haha

#120 3 years ago

Remember all connectors have labels on them. Also remember that the connectors in the cabinet are mostly the cubed shaped ones. I’d look for a 3x3 one.

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Remember all connectors have labels on them. Also remember that the connectors in the cabinet are mostly the cubed shaped ones. I’d look for a 3x3 one.

Awesome, thanks! I’ll try to hunt for it. I need to meter continuity between that connector and the two other connectors

#122 3 years ago

A10J2 is in the backbox. It’s right in line with 1A4J1.

It’s square with 9 pins in it.

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

A10J2 is in the backbox. It’s right in line with 1A4J1.
It’s square with 9 pins in it.

Perfectttt, thanks man haha.

1 week later
#124 3 years ago

I wanted to mention that I never got to test out the display board in another Diamond Lady. It appears Q1 (reset driver) is on the display. This is something I should check to be sure it’s not bad in the first place. How would I check a driver like this with a meter? Thanks!

#125 3 years ago
#126 2 years ago

Bump for help!

5 months later
#127 2 years ago

Where can I buy that driver?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 79.95
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Tools
PinDoc Restorations
Tools
$ 8.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diamond-lady-help/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.