Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-399.jpg
image-80.jpg
image-172.jpg
image.jpg
image-450.jpg
#1 9 years ago

When researching I've come across a lot of guys saying that AVengers is great dialled in. Can someone point me the direction of a thread with this info or let me know what are the main things that need tweaking on this game before it enters my line up.

And does "dialing in" simply mean tweaking or something more serious

Thanks in advance guys

#2 9 years ago

Some good info here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-definitive-tweak-guide.

Main issues on my game were the black widow ramp needing adjustment with a washer to get it level and raising the hulk arms to prevent ball hang-ups. Both pretty easy to tweak. You may also want to relocate the Loki ball lock plastic. Others had issues with the drop targets resetting but I never had that problem on my game.

#3 9 years ago

The other "must" tweak would be getting the replacement inlane plastics so you can see the inlane inserts.

I'm sure this is covered in that existing thread.

#4 9 years ago

Search to find this post

"What tweaks have you done to Hulk LE?"

Fun game , I miss mine. The two Hooked mods ( clear outlanes and Loki light mods are the musts)

#5 9 years ago

It's better dialed in but it will never be a great pin.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

How would you compare Avengers to the Hobbit that is in your game room?

#7 9 years ago

Bwhahahahahaha!

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

Some good info here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-definitive-tweak-guide.
Main issues on my game were the black widow ramp needing adjustment with a washer to get it level and raising the hulk arms to prevent ball hang-ups. Both pretty easy to tweak. You may also want to relocate the Loki ball lock plastic. Others had issues with the drop targets resetting but I never had that problem on my game.

That covers what I did. Adjusting the drop targets isn't hard, but was necessary in my case. The ball was getting caught when the drops were down and would get stuck. The drops couldn't go up when the ball was trapped. It was an easy fix, just adjust the drops so they are level with the playfield.

Relocating Loki takes a bit of patience as it's a bit of a pain if I recall correctly. Basically unscrew Loki and move him forward. That will twist him sideways a bit and then you will be able to see the IM right outer loop and Shield target. Sounds easy, but I recall I had to remove a screw that was held by a nut under a plastic and I didn't want to remove everything to get at it. If I recall correctly, I used a small adjustable wrench (really small to hold the nut in place while I removed the screw.

Stern released a couple of fixes for Avengers.

1. Fix for the Loki locks. It's a small sticker that goes over the rivots by the Loki locks.
2. Black Widow ramp. A couple of plastics go under the ramp where the ball is diverted to drop to the Hulk saucer. This addressed the issue of a ball missing the saucer if the going too fast.

If your game doesn't have those installed, contact Stern and get them.

Enjoy the game. It's a much better game than it gets credit for and is a hell of a good deal right now.

Cheers,
Duane

#9 9 years ago

Don't listen to all the haters on pinside regarding Avengers. It is quite a fun game and still my and my wife's favorites in our small game room. Do the tweaks mentioned in the treads below (much of it is duplicated in each thread), set it to Easy or Extra Easy (if you are not a pro player) and have a BLAST!

Tweak and mod threads:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-tweaks-have-you-done-to-hulk-le
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-le-fix-thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-definitive-tweak-guide

Our club thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/all-hulk-get-is-tilt-avengers-club

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

.... let me know what are the main things that need

You'll need a lot of hot cocoa and baileys. Good luck! Game is fun when it plays flawlessly.

#11 9 years ago

Hulk le gets a lot of play in my game room haters gonna hate but hulk will smash them

image-450.jpgimage-450.jpg
#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Hulk le gets a lot of play in my game room haters gonna hate but hulk will smash them

image-450.jpg 124 KB

very nice looking line up

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Typical Dookie. Why have you not moved back to Connecticut? Not graduated yet?

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

How would you compare Avengers to the Hobbit that is in your game room?

Well let's see, I used to own an Avengers LE, and have owned 20 different pins over the last 20 years of being in this hobby. So am I not allowed to have an opinion? I think Avengers was BY FAR, the cheapest built Stern I've ever owned, and I've owned some good ones (ACDC Prem, TSPP, FGY, RBION, IM, SM, Wolverine LE, LOTR) Even after being "dialed in" and getting some nice mods (clear out lane plastics from Hooked, ZDoor's Tesseract cube, etc.) I just found the game to be cheap, and it just wasn't a lot of fun. Its like the physics of the table were off. I've talked to someone pretty connected at Stern who acknowledged the same thing.

Glad you guys like yours, but in my opinion, that pin should have never left the factory the way it was shipped. And its a shame because its a great theme, and I'm a huge Marvel fan.

#15 9 years ago

Have my pro 2 years now, nothing ever broke on it. After initial tweaking all is good. Totally agree though that it should have never left the factory the way it did.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Well let's see, I used to own an Avengers LE, and have owned 20 different pins over the last 20 years of being in this hobby. So am I not allowed to have an opinion? I think Avengers was BY FAR, the cheapest built Stern I've ever owned, and I've owned some good ones (ACDC Prem, TSPP, FGY, RBION, IM, SM, Wolverine LE, LOTR) Even after being "dialed in" and getting some nice mods (clear out lane plastics from Hooked, ZDoor's Tesseract cube, etc.) I just found the game to be cheap, and it just wasn't a lot of fun. Its like the physics of the table were off. I've talked to someone pretty connected at Stern who acknowledged the same thing.
Glad you guys like yours, but in my opinion, that pin should have never left the factory the way it was shipped. And its a shame because its a great theme, and I'm a huge Marvel fan.

I used to own a pro and I pretty much agree with this guy. It could be fun at times but it sure had the feel of being made by KMart.

#17 9 years ago

bought it upon initial release, kept it for about a year...Liked it alot, but it was too difficult for me ( i'm a crappy player). Applied the cash to TWD-LE machine and couldn't be happier.

If you can get the machine properly set up and like very tight shots, then you will like this machine.

#18 9 years ago

It has to be the game that needs the most tweeking and massaging to play its best but I think it is worth it ,it is all out there just search,I love my hulk and just finished up lighting up my ironman and Thor,I bought the Loki lock figure from hooked but the others I did my self

image.jpgimage.jpg
#19 9 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

very nice looking line up

Thanks bro

#20 9 years ago

Thanks for the advise and info guys. Much appreciated. Underrated game and they are going cheap at the moment here in aus.

#21 9 years ago

Ive checked the hooked website and cant see the loki lock mod. Have found a video of it on youtube with him showing how it works. Maybe hooked has stopped making them? It seems an essential mod

#22 9 years ago

I think it's fun, challenging and beautiful. Trifecta.

image-172.jpgimage-172.jpg image-80.jpgimage-80.jpg
#23 9 years ago

Where did you get that topper grinder?

#24 9 years ago

Here's his website: http://tilttopper.m.webs.com/site/mobile#1223

He has a nice variety. Here's how it looks in a lit room:

image-399.jpgimage-399.jpg
#25 9 years ago

Hooked still makes them,they are expensive but less than others se selling them for,ask him to make you one

#26 9 years ago

Cheers guys

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialling-in-an-avle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.