(Topic ID: 76292)

Dialling in a Judge Dredd - tips for settings/adjustments?

By ShredLox

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PinRob
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hey cats - anyone out there have any tips for setting up a Judge Dredd? Tweaks, adjustments, recommendations, whatever. I'm looking to have it set up to play fast and challenging, without being a complete bastard of a drain monster.

Any rule adjustments that you prefer? Physical tweaks to the habs or ramp exits? Little things that make the game more enjoyable for you? Right now I've got prettymuch everything set on factory, except for cancelling the extra ball buy-in & changing the 'special' etc rewards to EBs.

As always, any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks, and merry silverballing to you all!

#2 10 years ago

I am a huge fan of the pinbits dead world mod. Depends on your game no real issue setting it up on my game. Also had a large issue with the balls getting trapped in the thru. Once again pinbits to the rescue - comes with mod kit or just for $6.00

#3 10 years ago

Yep, we've got the Deadworld mod installed, really enjoy it. I'm a sucker for a physical ball lock, but one that spins? Hells yeah!

#4 10 years ago

You need to make sure that when the ball launches it goes straight between the flippers if you don't hit it with the upper left flipper Keeps you on your toes during super game.

#5 10 years ago

I spent months figuring this out, but the crane has been butter smooth and 100% reliable in operation since I did it. Not everyone seems to be having this problem, though: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-mod-to-make-crane-lift-much-smoother-and-consistent

And yes, you should get the Deadworld mod.

4 years later
#6 5 years ago

Tweaking a Judge Dredd now and came across this thread. It seems like no matter what I adjust, the ball hits the top of the left sling when it comes around the orbit including during launch. It’s also hard to get a level towards the back of the playfield with all the ramps and dead world and such. Anyone have any tips for dialing this one in?

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from tjprice222:

Tweaking a Judge Dredd now and came across this thread. It seems like no matter what I adjust, the ball hits the top of the left sling when it comes around the orbit including during launch. It’s also hard to get a level towards the back of the playfield with all the ramps and dead world and such. Anyone have any tips for dialing this one in?

Off the top of my head - not level and needs to lower on the legs on right side; or ball guides are somehow off?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialling-in-a-judge-dredd-tips-for-settingsadjustments and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.