(Topic ID: 222215)

Dialed In VS WH20.....

By delt31

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which is a better game - DI or WH20”

• Dialed In 98 votes
      68%
    • White Water 46 votes
      32%

(144 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Allibaster.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from wolfy:

I have had WH2O for 6 years and it is a great game. I don't consider it shallow at all. I have only got to the Wizard mode one time and it is one of the best in pinball. The game looks 100 times better looking than dialed In with great translite and best topper ever. I have not played DI but I am sure it is fun and deep. I would buy a Whitewater and a good used Stern pro like TWD,IM, or MET for about what DI sell for. You would have a classic pin and a deep newer pin.

Don't forget, it also has the best ramps and (in my opinion) the best upper playfield implementation.

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from guymontag451:

Agreed, it's an easy choice for me too. I also don't get the shallow thing. Getting vacation jackpot is F-ing hard! There's always something to left to do, some very meaningful shot to hit next. Maybe they mean that it's too easy to understand? Certainly not that it's too simple and easy to beat? The rules make you hit every shot on the playfield at different times AND makes them valuable. There are also great rules in place for spotting hazard shots that are difficult to hit like the boulder garden shot. If you're smart, when to stack your 5x. And when or when not to start the multiball. It's got great risk/reward stuff too, especially with the extra ball shot, and the stand ups to light locks. Cooler sounds and music, better art, better theme, better combos and flow, better toys and ramps.

These are good points. White Water is one of those games that is greater than the sum of the parts. The shots and flow keep me coming back, probably more so than the rule set.

Dialed In is a fun game, too. I just really can't get over the theme, art, and mild-mannered call outs. It's on my watch list to buy at a good price, but it's hard to justify a top dollar game like that for something that doesn't fully fire on all cylinders for me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Allibaster.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-vs-wh20?tu=Allibaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.