Linked Games

Topic poll

“Dialed In or Twilight Zone?”

• Dialed In 69 votes
    50%
  • Twilight Zone 69 votes
    50%

(138 votes)

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago

Bringing this thread back.....

How does anyone with a DI feel today?

I have a TZ and am looking to replace with a DI or something else. So curious people’s thoughts.

TZ theme does little for me and I hit LITZ about every 10 games so feel like I have discovered the depth of the game. Like the game but feel like it’s time for something new.

I have played DI but it’s been at least a year as it’s not in rotation where I typically go.

Thanks!

#52 3 years ago

Have both and love them both, if you can only have one of Lawlor’s games you can’t go wrong with DI!
Looks like demand is going up for them lately so get one ASAP if you want one.

#53 3 years ago

Not even close for me. Twilight Zone got old fairly quickly for me. I bought all the stuff to restore mine and got sick of it before I even had the chance. Dialed In is much more immersive.

#54 3 years ago

Lucky to have them both. Love them both. But if I had to choose just one, which one has stood the test of time even though there were a million of them made?

Has to be TZ all the way!!

Maurizio

#55 3 years ago

Thanks for the input, appreciate it! TZ feels like a classic but I'm really leaning toward picking up the DI as winter is coming and I'm ready for a new machine to learn.

Keep the input coming!

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

Thanks for the input, appreciate it! TZ feels like a classic but I'm really leaning toward picking up the DI as winter is coming and I'm ready for a new machine to learn.
Keep the input coming!

TZ is good, but aging poorly. It takes a lot of tweaks to keep playing well. I have nver gotten my clock to not be a flaming piece of shit. Always breaking. The game is amazing but it also has pop drains cheaper than the meanest twd. Dialed in has just as many toys but shoots far better and is more reliable. Dialed in has better rules, better sound, better lights, is a better shooter and more reliable. It isn't a contest, really... and I like tz!

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

TZ is good, but aging poorly. It takes a lot of tweaks to keep playing well. I have nver gotten my clock to not be a flaming piece of shit. Always breaking. The game is amazing but it also has pop drains cheaper than the meanest twd. Dialed in has just as many toys but shoots far better and is more reliable. Dialed in has better rules, better sound, better lights, is a better shooter and more reliable. It isn't a contest, really... and I like tz!

Thanks!

I've found my TZ to be pretty reliable, but I'm an engineer and like solving problems/ fixing things so feel like I've addressed any ongoing challenges. Clock faults out once in a while but doesn't directly impact the playing of the game so I don't worry about it too much, know I can solve this with Igo board, but haven't done that. Agree with the pop bumper drains, that's just part of the charm of the game... right?!

TZ seems like such a classic I'm also trying to get a feel if I'll regret selling it. Seems likely not! The theme does nothing for me, I'm looking for gameplay and overall package. Seems like DI will have a more immersive play with the RGB lights and updated sound system as well as great shots/ flow.

Not in the same league but I had the same worry when I sold my sterns POTC to get my TZ. I think I felt bad about it for ~1 day but likely only because that was my 1st pin purchase. Now I have no regrets and think that I should have sold it sooner as I had tired of playing it. Sterns POTC was so stop and go it drove me crazy. TZ is much better but still a little stop and go, which I'm ok with.

#58 3 years ago

TZ. DI is a fun game and a great layout, but the software becomes repetitive as you get deep in the game. I feel like I keep doing the same things over and over again, still a great game.
TZ is a game that will never be remade bc of the amount of toys and overall cost of this widebody. It will always be in demand...

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from ItsOnlyPinball:

TZ. DI is a fun game and a great layout, but the software becomes repetitive as you get deep in the game. I feel like I keep doing the same things over and over again, still a great game.
TZ is a game that will never be remade bc of the amount of toys and overall cost of this widebody. It will always be in demand...

Tz has way less stuff to do. Therefore is even more repetitive by default.

#60 3 years ago

Have both. TZ about 12 years, completely refurbed it myself. DI about 2 years. Honestly it’s a tough call, love them both for different reasons. The theme on TZ makes this a tie, since the flow of DI would give it a slight edge in my book. Love the DI technology but TZ is packed with cool stuff as well. Can’t go wrong either way...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 132.00
$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 22.50
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-vs-twilight-zone/page/2?hl=jwjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.