37%
  • JP 46 votes
    63%

(73 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

200.gif
#1 3 years ago

Which game do you think is better in terms of gameplay layout and rules? Do you think these games have a lot of similarities? Would they go well together in small collection?

#2 3 years ago

Owned both. Greatly prefer JP for personal collection purposes. DI would drive me crazy trying to make the one shot (SIM card) to "close out" your modes. JP has a much more user friendly approach to progression. The theme is also quite a bit better to me. I will still drop quarters in a DI if I see it out.

#3 3 years ago

DI for me. Would make a great two pin pair.

#4 3 years ago

Dialed In is great I played it at the Louisville Expo and had to get.
Played JP2 at Tappers in Indy shout out to Bud and wish I could afford JP2

#5 3 years ago

Had both, sold JP2 and it was an easy decision

#6 3 years ago

Two of the greatest games ever IMHO. Get them both if you have room. You can't go wrong with either one.

#7 3 years ago

When I first played Dialed In, I had to own one. I was so excited to play JP2. Drove to an arcade to play it knowing it was there... was very let down.

#8 3 years ago

My vote is for DI. It’s just a ton of fun and you get so much for your $$. I feel like the biggest criticism of DI is theme, but if you don’t mind the theme I say go for DI.

#9 3 years ago

I have owned DI and still have a JPprem as of today. Yes you can definitely have these two in a small lineup and JP has a better rule set because of how many different ways you can attack it. DI is a bit more linear but that really doesn’t make it bad just not my type. I also didn’t enjoy how the SIM shot really holds you back from progressing to the wizard mode.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

the SIM shot really holds you back

I will agree that the SIM shot is a tough shot. It’s doable but it’s not a slam dunk.

#11 3 years ago

Owned both, sold DI, no regrets. That said it's all personal preference, so the answers you get here won't make a bit of difference to what you personally enjoy.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

...so the answers you get here won't make a bit of difference to what you personally enjoy.

Ding ding

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

Owned both, sold DI, no regrets. That said it's all personal preference, so the answers you get here won't make a bit of difference to what you personally enjoy.

Yes but I still enjoy reading people’s opinions, it’s fun!

#14 3 years ago

I have both side by side and they seem to get the most play of the games in my collection. Tough to pick a winner between these two. Can't go wrong no matter which one you choose.

#15 3 years ago

I really enjoyed DI when I first played it but that interest has dropped. So many other good games have come out since then. While DI prices have dropped, tough to beat a used JP pro. Way cheaper and still tons of fun.

#16 3 years ago

JP2 is very interesting, has pretty innovative rules with the 'board game" layout and the different paths you can take. Ok, innovative not counting Safecracker

DI is AAAAAAAL flow. The ramps are fun and the shots are smooth - with the exception of the Sim card slot. That is indeed tough.

#17 3 years ago

DI long term
JP2 short term

#18 3 years ago

So this is personal taste, but I voted DI.

JP2 has a lot to offer. However, I'm thinking DI is the favorite pin I own so it would probably be my first choice of anything I have played.

I just got in a half dozen games and going back for more. My sim card is programed to carry over, I need all the help I can get.

Good luck.

#19 3 years ago

I owned a DI previously. It’s good but the sim shot, middle ramp are too inconsistent and the moving electric company guy always seemed to ruin any flow I could get going.

As mentioned here, if you do play Dialed in, do it with the SIM card light carry over. You shouldn’t be punished and not get credit for completing a mode and draining without hitting the sim shot.

#20 3 years ago

Dialed In grinds on you after, say, 10 hours at home. Time to move on.

200.gif200.gif
#21 3 years ago

I love DI more. JP great but I actually prefer Maiden.

#22 3 years ago

Owned both. DI is my favorite and JP only lasted a few months.

#23 3 years ago

I have both - they are both great, and I really admire JP, but I generally have more fun with DI. I am just much more consistent with it. The hard truth is that maybe I am just not good enough for JP.

#24 3 years ago

JP is better than DI, imo. But don't let other people make the decision for you. Flip a coin, heads it's DI, tales it's JP. If you feel disappointed with whatever the coin gives you, don't buy that game.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Had both, sold JP2 and it was an easy decision

Same here...had both, sold JP2 and DI is “bolted”...better shooter IMO, much better build, theme OK I get it, but the kids and I dig it.

#26 3 years ago

Do we think DI code is finished or might be an update in the future?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-vs-jp2-?hl=dpannell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.