(Topic ID: 171698)

DIALED IN Update Thread (Game Trailer in 1st post)

By KingPinGames

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 306 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jar155
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

17211998_1464899636861961_4993005024080152008_o (resized).jpg
lights (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4160 (resized).PNG
DI page 2.pdf (PDF preview)
DI page 2.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

That's a helluva slash in LE's
$8K for a standard, still too much. At $7,500 I would've thought pretty hard about buying, but at 8 I'm still out unfortunately.

I agree and I'm in the same boat. Gonna have to wait the long haul and get one on the secondary market (if I still even want one by then).

#19 7 years ago

$8k with standard trim no invisiglass and very subpar art. Hobbit blows it away in terms of appearance and can be had for $7500 now and is an LE!

DI standard for $7k seems more appropriate.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Jack just announced on the feed that the name will be changing!!!!

Does name honestly matter? Now that the game is making sense and watching the Bro crew use 'dialed in' references; Dialed In makes sense! But, that still doesn't change the weak call outs. They're not bad, but there are 3 recent titles that use computer like female call outs. Dialed In, TRON, & STLE. TRON & STLE nailed it with the call outs - for a futuristic game, Dialed In call outs are lacking more than the name. Hopefully it gets addressed.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I said that because of this comment:

Some quick googling finds me a Hobbit LE for $8500 at one distributor, and $8699 at another. It would appear they are allowed to list at different prices? Is someone listing it for $7500? Either way, it seems like there are difference price points.
To be honest, I have no idea how it works with being able to buy direct from JJP vs from a JJP distributor.
Agree that no one pays MSRP for Stern.

NIB HOBBIT LE is $8k yes. I was referring to secondary market how they are on a dip. There's 2 on pinside alone for $7500 and i believe a couple just sold on pinside at this price? i could be wrong. But you are comparing an LE to a standard - dollar for dollar, an LE hobbit blows away a standard Dialed In as far as theme, appearance, and overall package. Thats why to me, a standard Dialed In seems like it should be more around the $7k - $7500 range.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from laprocket:

They said the game is only 20% coded.

yup! so hopefully the weak call outs get addressed. I cant wait to see how this game is in 9 months.

#51 7 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

My original comment was that we need to be comparing apples to apples. NIB Hobbit and WOZ to NIB Dialed In. Pricing on Dialed In is lower, if anything. I still don't understand why people are saying that they expected $1000 or more lower than current JJP NIB pricing. OF COURSE WE ALL WANT GAMES TO BE LESS EXPENSIVE!

That's your opinion. Were you at Expo to play Dialed In in person?
Manufacturers don't adjust their pricing based on how well they think the theme is going to connect with the average customer. Unless I'm mistaken, all their games are the same price. JJP, Stern, Heighway, and Spooky use the same pricing for every game. Yes, it goes up over time, but it doesn't go *down* based on expectations of the theme.

Dude, I am comparing apples to apples. hobbit le vs dialed in le = $1k LESS. So my argument, or opinion rather, is that I wouldn't expect a Dialed In standard edition to be equal to a Hobbit LE. But, this is my opinion and jack knows the market better. So if they're going to sell loads of these at MSRP, then good for them. The market in general will be interesting over the course of the next 2-3 years with the stern vs JJP price hikes. Exciting times for pinball.....or is it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 5.00
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

13,000 (OBO)
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-update-thread?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.