(Topic ID: 171698)

DIALED IN Update Thread (Game Trailer in 1st post)

By KingPinGames

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 306 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jar155
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

17211998_1464899636861961_4993005024080152008_o (resized).jpg
lights (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4160 (resized).PNG
DI page 2.pdf (PDF preview)
DI page 2.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeonblack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#219 7 years ago

I've got a deposit in for an LE. I think for me, the theme clicks in a lot of ways.

Cell phones are so ubiquitous with our lives, that having one in game isn't even something I thought too much about until people were all up in arms over it. It was just something I looked at and went "yep, that's a cell phone.". I'm not really sure why it's such a big deal to a lot of people.

The theme is original and it's by a name I trust and a company that I think is innovative. I am so sick of all the licensed themes, I just want some original, fun, quirky stuff. B/W won out over Stern for me for a long time because of that quirky, original, fun stuff, with gorgeous artwork to match. Stern edged them out for me because I preferred the way they flip. JJP has both on this theme (from what I've seen), and I simply can't see why I shouldn't support that, when I'm willing to support Stern getting only half that equation right (for me, anyways).

The best description I've heard of the theme is that it's like Sim City when things start going wrong. The animations reflect that, and the gameplay of "hurry up and fix this thing before it's too late!" combined really add to that feeling for me. I think that's fantastic, and while people can detract at how the animation quality looks like it's from 20 years ago (and hey, I'm not arguing there), It's not even something that I really thought about while watching any gameplay of it. I mean, Stern used dots up until Aerosmith, and the animations in that game look much worse than these IMO, yet it won't stop fans of them (and Stern fanboys) from buying one. It's just a non-issue for me.

More than anything, this game looks like it shoots great. I can see a lot of those shots being satisfying to make, and I would say they really have improved off of The Hobbit with this game.

#233 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm definitely feeling different about it.
When the reveal happened, before they started, I was ready to call my distributor and order my first JJP game right away. I wanted to be excited about it. Then they started the awful reveal and I felt like a lot of people that day.
However as the feedback has come out from people that play it, and I wrap my head around the theme more (SimCity managed with a phone, not a game about a phone), and see the videos of a game that is playing and looking pretty good, I've definitely been warming up more.
I'd love to get my hands on it to seal the deal.

Come to YEGpin! I know Nitro is bringing one, but if that fails, I should (hopefully) have mine by then.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeonblack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-update-thread?tu=aeonblack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.