(Topic ID: 171698)

DIALED IN Update Thread (Game Trailer in 1st post)

By KingPinGames

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 306 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jar155
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

17211998_1464899636861961_4993005024080152008_o (resized).jpg
lights (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4160 (resized).PNG
DI page 2.pdf (PDF preview)
DI page 2.pdf (PDF preview)
There are 306 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

I've been trying to watch this stream and it won't load. Anybody have any luck watching this?

Just clicked your link and watched 10 minutes. Works fine. No Twitch account here.

#102 7 years ago

I can't get it work for whatever reason

#103 7 years ago

It'll be up on youtube at some point as well.

#104 7 years ago

Still too much. My concern is Stern will be charging 6K+ for their Pro's. Let's hope not.
Really wanted a new Lawlor Pin. O well, never going to happen at those prices.

Won't be buying anymore NIB.

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from vcloverjr:

My concern is Stern will be charging 6K+ for their Pro's.

Your concern is well founded... they are charging $5995 for the Pro! The only difference from them and everyone else is that you can purchase their games lower than MSRP from a distributor.

#106 7 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

remember, if you are looking to get into a JJP pin and are a veteran of United States Armed Forces, KingPin Games will cover your shipping costs as a "thank you" for your service.

Very generous gesture!!!!

#107 7 years ago

LE game has lightened ramps. possible with metal ones?

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

It'll be up on youtube at some point as well.

Currently uploading

#110 7 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Currently uploading

hey pokey come on!! what is your internet speed? 300 baud?

just kidding buddy, anxiously awaiting. I wasn't able to catch the 1pm live stream Saturday!

thanks to all the buffalo crew for the info you guys provide!!

#113 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

$8k with standard trim no invisiglass and very subpar art. Hobbit blows it away in terms of appearance and can be had for $7500 now and is an LE!
DI standard for $7k seems more appropriate.

Quoted from clg:

Agreed! I think they got the pricing wrong

They're clearly looking at Stern's utterly farcical pricing, quality and features and pricing 'competitively'.

However compared with their two existing games, Hobbit and particularly WOZ absolutely blow DI away in features, obviously cost, and how much game you're getting.

For people that still seem happy to pay Stern for their increasingly barren, frequently faulty and obscenely priced titles, Dialed In is perhaps a no brainer .... particularly as you can almost guarantee the code will be good and frequently updated, whereas with Stern the opposite is true.

.... for existing JJP customers and others, why pay the same price as WOZ or Hobbit for much less game?

WOZ is my favourite game by a mile, Hobbit if it wasn't a Hobbit theme would likely be a buy for me, but DI offers no value compared to their first two titles and the theme lacks the charm and character of many others with original IP.

P.S. if anyone at JJP is listening, please reassess the inclusion of Red & Ted (in all but name) ... they really don't look right, and it will just help alienate the many people who aren't fans of Road Show.

#114 7 years ago

This is where taste comes in. I think Dialed In is a blast and outplays Hobbit despite not being as magnificent looking or sounding. I do like Hobbit, not as much as WOZ but I like it, but Dialed In is such a breath of fresh air, it's wonderfully new despite having virtually no new shots (if you follow me). It's a pastiche of classic Pat and John, a mix of Lawlor through the years, and longtime fans will immediately feel a sense of familiarity, comfort and warmth. Dialed In, if given a chance by players, collectors and operators, has a chance to be something truly special.

#115 7 years ago

YouTube vid is live!
» YouTube video

Kevin - Thanks for all of your work with the streaming.

#116 7 years ago

Thanks for the video. Game definitely looks interesting. I look forward to seeing what the tweaks to the title are.

#117 7 years ago

Great job on the video. Thank you for posting.

I think the game looks pretty good, but I don't find it to be a must buy, especially at the prices listed.

#118 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

This is where taste comes in. I think Dialed In is a blast and outplays Hobbit despite not being as magnificent looking or sounding. I do like Hobbit, not as much as WOZ but I like it, but Dialed In is such a breath of fresh air, it's wonderfully new despite having virtually no new shots (if you follow me). It's a pastiche of classic Pat and John, a mix of Lawlor through the years, and longtime fans will immediately feel a sense of familiarity, comfort and warmth. Dialed In, if given a chance by players, collectors and operators, has a chance to be something truly special.

Agree with nearly all that but they ( JJP ) have to give it a chance more than anyone. Is it going to appeal to people on the edge of the hobby or outside it with a non-licenced theme , much inferior video/sounds and looks ? It looks very much like it's "one for the player's " but is that a commercially viable model at these prices ? Only time will tell but I think it may be some time before they do another original theme.

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

Only time will tell but I think it may be some time before they do another original theme.

I agree, but I do believe a different original theme would have been received with greater enthusiasm (zombies, monsters, alien attack, tsunami, tidal wave, (insert your choice here)).

#120 7 years ago

After watching the video live Saturday - I'll say that if this is only 20% coded, I am very impressed. When the code is completed, this could be an instant classic. Keith has a great layout to work with!

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I agree, but I do believe a different original theme would have been received with greater enthusiasm (zombies, monsters, alien attack, tsunami, tidal wave, (insert your choice here)).

Yep. As far as themes go, DI is confusing. It's NOT about a phone (despite the name). It's a futuristic city (where they still use the iPhone 6s). It's packed with some futuristic features (but has play field characters and music from 1994).

Something simpler would have been better that you can explain in 2 words max. I mean, you should not need a comic book to help explain what it's about.

Whitewater rafting.
Fishing.
Golfing.
Road tripping.
Aliens.

No more than two words.

#122 7 years ago

I thought Ted Estes was programming this and Keith was working on Hobbit. I recall reading this somewhere.... maybe they collaborate?

Quoted from kermit24:

After watching the video live Saturday - I'll say that if this is only 20% coded, I am very impressed. When the code is completed, this could be an instant classic. Keith has a great layout to work with!

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I thought Ted Estes was programming this and Keith was working on Hobbit. I recall reading this somewhere.... maybe they collaborate?

Oh I didn't realize that. They could be working together? Anyone in the know?

#124 7 years ago

So, are these JJP games hard and fast on their MSRPs? Or is there street pricing?

#125 7 years ago

Ted is the lead, Keith and the others are supporting. 180 degrees flipped from hobbit

#126 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Oh I didn't realize that. They could be working together? Anyone in the know?

Ted is the lead. Keith is helping out, although it's primarily systems stuff. Source: was sitting next to Keith's awesome wife (whose name I now can't remember) during the reveal.

#127 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

So, are these JJP games hard and fast on their MSRPs? Or is there street pricing?

I am told it is hard and fast on MSRP.

However, I wonder if any dealer would have you pound salt if you showed up at their door with 95% of the MSRP in hundred dollar bills.

I don't know.

#129 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Great job on the video. Thank you for posting.
I think the game looks pretty good, but I don't find it to be a must buy, especially at the prices listed.

Difficult to say as there is only 20% of the final code.
what i hope, of course a great gameplay but i trust in Ted, is the best development of the general atmosphere (sound, callout etc..) and of the video. We all need to understand this theme and dive into it to be a great game. if JJP fails on these 2 aspects, the game will be a failure.

And why not a video mode? It would be awesome.

#130 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Yep. As far as themes go, DI is confusing. It's NOT about a phone (despite the name). It's a futuristic city (where they still use the iPhone 6s). It's packed with some futuristic features (but has play field characters and music from 1994).
Something simpler would have been better that you can explain in 2 words max. I mean, you should not need a comic book to help explain what it's about.
Whitewater rafting.
Fishing.
Golfing.
Road tripping.
Aliens.
No more than two words.

I was actually more impressed when I found out there was a story you are playing through. Thought that was very interesting.

#131 7 years ago

If this game is only 20% coded (1/5th finished), then this game is going to be packed with stuff to do. Should be interesting to see what the future of the gameplay is going to be like when finalized.

#132 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

If this game is only 20% coded (1/5th finished), then this game is going to be packed with stuff to do. Should be interesting to see what the future of the gameplay is going to be like when finalized.

I'm not a particularly good player, average at best, and I thought at Expo that the ball times were pretty long. I imagine good players will have long games. So a lot of code would be welcomed by those folks I suspect.

#133 7 years ago

Anyone know what JJP's production capability is next year? If they've really sold 1000+ units, how long would it take to get one if you order now(ish)?

#134 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not a particularly good player, average at best, and I thought at Expo that the ball times were pretty long. I imagine good players will have long games. So a lot of code would be welcomed by those folks I suspect.

And one can always adjust outlanes and ballsave-times if a game gets too easy

#135 7 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Anyone know what JJP's production capability is next year? If they've really sold 1000+ units, how long would it take to get one if you order now(ish)?

Difficult to tell ... Jack used to say potentially ~5000, but that was before Hobbit was put into production and presumably assumed widebodies of the ilk and complication of WOZ / Hobbit.

DI, from even a cursory look above and below the pf, and in the cabinet and backbox, is going to take far less time to assemble than WOZ or Hobbit. Cabinet is also smaller. Slightly smaller cabinet = slightly more available space. Significantly lowered assembly time with fewer constituent parts = more work done per station, and potentially fewer stations.

If 5000 was realistic with WOZ / Hobbit, then a lot more than that with DI ... but the question is what the split of orders will be for WOZ / Hobbit and DI .... I'm sure JJP are hoping at least 4 DI by the time production begins next year, as their margin must be way higher. Not sure the market will be so convinced though.

#136 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Difficult to tell ... Jack used to say potentially ~5000, but that was before Hobbit was put into production and presumably assumed widebodies of the ilk and complication of WOZ / Hobbit.
DI, from even a cursory look above and below the pf, and in the cabinet and backbox, is going to take far less time to assemble than WOZ or Hobbit. Cabinet is also smaller. Slightly smaller cabinet = slightly more available space. Significantly lowered assembly time with fewer constituent parts = more work done per station, and potentially fewer stations.
If 5000 was realistic with WOZ / Hobbit, then a lot more than that with DI ... but the question is what the split of orders will be for WOZ / Hobbit and DI .... I'm sure JJP are hoping at least 4 DI by the time production begins next year, as their margin must be way higher. Not sure the market will be so convinced though.

Thanks, is that 5,000 units per year?

#137 7 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Thanks, is that 5,000 units per year?

i doubt they can produce 5000 games in one year.

#138 7 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

Pretty sure they can if the demand is there for DI. I'd say that's questionable though.

#139 7 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

Durinf the presentation Jack said they had 15 Hobbit's per day rolling off of the one line.

If they can keep the line running 300 days out of the year (giving time for inevitable supply issues and holidays, etc) thats 4,500 DI's per year. Small runs of future Hobbit and WOZ orders could still be fulfilled on the second line without impacting main line throughput.

#140 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Pretty sure they can if the demand is there for DI. I'd say that's questionable though.

possible, thats 19 games a day, 5 days a week for one year, non stop.

#141 7 years ago
Quoted from sven:

And one can always adjust outlanes and ballsave-times if a game gets too easy

As Aurich said, it depends on the gameplay. Hobbit gets more than 30 mods, 3 mini Wizard mods etc...so you could not be able to complète them If you have the same ball Time as GB for example.

#142 7 years ago

can the phone screen be a mirror of the cabinet one when it is not use in the game? could it be adjustable a little, maybe height and more likely orientation (i mean 16/9)?

#143 7 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

possible, thats 19 games a day, 5 days a week for one year, non stop.

I am pretty sure Jack said they are currently building 10 games per day right now.

I can only imagine that will continue to scale up from here.

I think other companies have claimed they build 30 per day currently.

#144 7 years ago

The games per day count that is thrown around encompasses the main line only. The secondary line was added to continue WOZ production, although it certainly could be changed over later if need be.

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Never seen a game where the ball so rarely drains down the sides. I like that. Any other recent games like that ?

#146 7 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

Never seen a game where the ball so rarely drains down the sides. I like that. Any other recent games like that ?

hobbit.

#147 7 years ago

Thanks for the link
But... 3 hours long, reall?
I don't even have 3 hours to play pinball

YouTube vid is live!
» YouTube video

#148 7 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Thanks for the link
But... 3 hours long, reall?
I don't even have 3 hours to play pinball

You're welcome!

#149 7 years ago
Quoted from ItsOnlyPinball:

I can attest for Chris. He is an awesome distributor and a stand up guy. He's not creepy at all either so feel comfortable giving him a ring.

I don't know about that... I think he's kind of creepy...

Jaz

#150 7 years ago

It is almost Halloween. Creepy is in the air right now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 306 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-update-thread/page/3?hl=fxdwg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.