(Topic ID: 171698)

DIALED IN Update Thread (Game Trailer in 1st post)

By KingPinGames

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 306 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jar155
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

17211998_1464899636861961_4993005024080152008_o (resized).jpg
lights (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4160 (resized).PNG
DI page 2.pdf (PDF preview)
DI page 2.pdf (PDF preview)
There are 306 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

My original comment was that we need to be comparing apples to apples. NIB Hobbit and WOZ to NIB Dialed In. Pricing on Dialed In is lower, if anything. I still don't understand why people are saying that they expected $1000 or more lower than current JJP NIB pricing. OF COURSE WE ALL WANT GAMES TO BE LESS EXPENSIVE!

That's your opinion. Were you at Expo to play Dialed In in person?
Manufacturers don't adjust their pricing based on how well they think the theme is going to connect with the average customer. Unless I'm mistaken, all their games are the same price. JJP, Stern, Heighway, and Spooky use the same pricing for every game. Yes, it goes up over time, but it doesn't go *down* based on expectations of the theme.

Dude, I am comparing apples to apples. hobbit le vs dialed in le = $1k LESS. So my argument, or opinion rather, is that I wouldn't expect a Dialed In standard edition to be equal to a Hobbit LE. But, this is my opinion and jack knows the market better. So if they're going to sell loads of these at MSRP, then good for them. The market in general will be interesting over the course of the next 2-3 years with the stern vs JJP price hikes. Exciting times for pinball.....or is it?

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

yup! so hopefully the weak call outs get addressed. I cant wait to see how this game is in 9 months.

Me too! While I'm not a huge fan of the gameplay of Hobbit or Woz the coding has been outstanding. I expect Dialed in to be deep and fun when it's complete.

#54 7 years ago

I can't wait to play this game. The videos look awesome, and I know it is only early code! At $8000 I will have to like it a lot to even consider, but I've been impressed by the gameplay that I've seen. It is JJP's fastest game to date, very different from their other two offerings. Diversity is good. But, it still retains the premium JJP trademarks of quality, innovation, and being fully loaded.

One question for those who have played it: How is the overall use of the LCD? The clips I have seen seem somewhat lackluster and repetitive. I know it is early code, but how have people found them in terms of enhancing the gameplay experience?

I'm also curious to see how deep this code gets. It doesn't seem like it will be as deep as WOZ or TH, but I'm not sure what they have in mind.

#55 7 years ago

Most of the display isn't so much clips at this point -- rather it's an interactive diorama that reflects what's going on with the playfield. Ramp shots make the trains run, etc.

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Not going to happen. At $8k a standard edition offers more value and features then anything the competition has around the same point, including Stern LE's which cost more...

Yes it is better value then a stern but still too much. I don't blame JJP for trying to make as much as they can but they have to find the right balance between volume and margin. I would put a deposit down today at 7k but at this price I will wait and see. If they do get rid of the kid with the cell phone I would go a bit higher. He really does look bad and dominates it too much. Other than that the game looks great but I am priced out.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Most of the display isn't so much clips at this point -- rather it's an interactive diorama that reflects what's going on with the playfield. Ramp shots make the trains run, etc.

Except you hardly notice it while playing, unless the ball is being held --ball lock, and multiball animations were the only ones I saw while I was the one playing, and for most of the scoop hits you're just looking at the playfield LCD ("phone") anyway

#58 7 years ago

First post updated with matrix from pinball star's thread. Thanks joe.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The railroad crossing sound effect was driving me batshit insane while watching the live feed.

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

hobbit le vs dialed in le = $1k LESS

Ah, sorry. I was comparing standards.

Pricing from JJP site as of today:

Dialed In Standard: $8000
Hobbit Standard: $8000
WOZ Standard: $8500
Hobbit LE: $8500
Dialed In LE: $9000
WOZ Ruby Red: $9500 (edited: had 8500 previously, which was wrong)

This game is priced in line with all their other games, as long as you ignore the "I'm special for ordering before Christmas" edition.

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Ah, sorry. I was comparing standards.
Pricing from JJP site as of today:
WOZ Ruby Red: $8500
This game is priced in line with all their other games, as long as you ignore the "I'm special for ordering before Christmas" edition.

fyi, Ruby Red is $9,500

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

fyi, Ruby Red is $9,500

Such a deal!

#63 7 years ago

Thanks everyone for watching today! The stream was great and Dialed In is super fun.

You can watch the replay here: https://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball/v/96551253

It'll be up on YouTube eventually too but I have to do some editing to fix some sync issues due to dropped frames. Will post that when it's ready.

#64 7 years ago

Predictions/Thoughts:

Agree the sounds need work. Go more future. With all the speakers, we can only hope the sound designer is going to pimp it out. Really need some pumping bass.

They will most likely have a lot more animations and those animations will be more polished and detailed. I dont fault them for going basic for now in case they had to start over from scratch.

I am impressed that it plays so well with what it has going. although basic and easy. Ive watched the online gameplay feeds and it looks fun to shoot.

I really want the bluetooth functionality to make it possible to adjust coil strength, settings, volume, etc. Maybe with a password or something so others could still play the game with their phones.

I have turned full 180 myself. Really was like w t f, but watching live streams has helped a lot. The code is VERY basic, especially the light shows. Looks pretty freakin cool though. I still miss the robot arm. I would have liked to control THAT with my phone. I would, as always, pump money into any pinball machine that is on route if it is working right. I like it better than Ripleys or Nascar or CSI. Cant wait to see whats next.

#65 7 years ago

The LE should have been cut to $8500 and the standard priced at $7500. They missed the mark here on pricing.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

The LE should have been cut to $8500 and the standard priced at $7500. They missed the mark here on pricing.

Why if ruby red WOZ sells for $9500? All I see lately is RRWOZ when people get them. I saw an ECLE for $8500 used.

#67 7 years ago

My prediction is they will change the name and everyone will complain about the new name and say that they like "Dialed In!" better.

#68 7 years ago

Wild times in pinball.
Seems like a good game, now with better buying options. But will the game ship in 9-12 months.? (Best case- depending on model)
In 2017, People with this kind of scratch to throw around may be elsewhere by then.

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Why if ruby red WOZ sells for $9500? All I see lately is RRWOZ when people get them. I saw an ECLE for $8500 used.

And I've seen a LOTR LE for $10k here on Pinside used. So ECLE should be more than that.

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

No doubt, but then again, greed, arrogance and when you think about it, stupidity just rules the day with pinball it seems.

I sold my Lotr LE for $6300 and had a waiting line for it if the sale fell through. Not sure really why.

I have a WOZ ECLE that i almost sold for $6800 and decided against. I'm not sure i could sell it today for that.

People buying a Ruby Red for $9500, for the exact same games, is F ing nuts imo.

If you thought you could sell a WOZ LE for $6500 5 years ago and make money, then now that you have your process better tuned in and fixed overhead paid for and spread out, please tell me how you can't make $$$ at $7500? You can and you would sell at least twice as many pins at that price versus $8k

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

My prediction is they will change the name and everyone will complain about the new name and say that they like "Dialed In!" better.

Ha! I think you're right. Honestly, I'm not sure what the problem with Dialed In is. If it plays great, no one will be talking about the name.

#72 7 years ago

When i represent buyers and seller in asset purchase transactions or doing forensic accounting work in helping to settle a case, the biggest hurdle and failure always is the one simple concept that some never understand.

100% of nothing is NOTHING.

I would take the Amazon customer approach, what more can I do for my customers, how much more value can i bring to the table for a cheaper price.

There is zero loyalty in pinball because these guys keep stepping all over their dicks and are the most horrendous marketing people i have ever seen.

#73 7 years ago

This may have been explained already, but do the standard ramps not include the runway-style LEDs? If not, that would be a bummer. Even though they are purely cosmetic, they really defined the look of the machine for me while playing at expo.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

WOZ Ruby Red: $8500

Wow. When will the music stop on musical chairs?

$8500 for a Woz standard plus shipping!

That market has to be tapped out by now?

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There is zero loyalty in pinball because these guys keep stepping all over their dicks and are the most horrendous marketing people i have ever seen.

Why do you assume they have dicks.

#76 7 years ago

i think these machines would have had some traction at 6,995 and 7,995.

After this JJP release and due to the many quality issues Stern is experiencing, I will be sticking with HUO machines in mint condition.

#77 7 years ago

All i want toknow is when and where can I play a DI again? So much fun to play!

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

At SS Billiards when I get one for tech support.

LTG : )

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Buy a standard for your route. Take the $8k spooky money and put it towards a DI

#80 7 years ago

You can and would sell twice as many at $7500 than you would at $8000. That's your belief, Iceman? TWICE as many for 500 less? Yeah, no. No you truly wouldn't. A few more, absolutely. Twice as many? No.

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

With more than 1,000 le sold already why drop $500k on games already sold??

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

With more than 1,000 le sold already why drop $500k on games already sold??

1,000 sold... yeah right.

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

1,000 sold... yeah right.

1,000 sold in the first week after announcement but they decided to cut the LE's back to 2500? I call bullshit on that number.

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's cheaper than an MMr w color...it's cheaper than GBLE. Still expensive but now seems like a better value than the competition.

And no comparison in build quality. JJP blows Stern and Chicago Gaming away in build quality.

#85 7 years ago

1000 sold already? I believe it. It's a Pat Lawlor title. I'm pretty certain he's responsible for more sales records than any other designer. Plus it's Jersey Jack quality, an original theme, and not some re-skinned been there done that re-release.

#86 7 years ago

Really? I believe 1k sold easy. A couple thousand woz and th out there, people really like them, and lots of people are in for a sweet pat lawlor game.

For those that have not played it, you should.

I am looking around my collection to see what i can sell to buy a dialed in.

#87 7 years ago

1000 is possible but nothing really is sold yet ....its just a small refundable deposit which is not a sale. However i know quite a few people with deposits including myself that are really excited for this pin to be in our home gamerooms .

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

1000 is possible but nothing really is sold yet ....its just a small refundable deposit which is not a sale. However i know quite a few people with deposits including myself that are really excited for this pin to be in our home gamerooms .

I'm one with a deposit but will probably drop out due to the cost. They've just reached a place where it doesn't make sense to buy.

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I'm one with a deposit but will probably drop out due to the cost. They've just reached a place where it doesn't make sense to buy.

It is high but everything is expensive that i like and this pin offers the most out of anything i want so .....

#90 7 years ago

I made an easy 1500 on a WOZ that I sold before it was even built. I really needed money back then and that was really cool that Jack let me do that. Now I'm doing good again so I have no problem plunking down 9000 for this. Like 7500 as far as I'm concerned. I don't buy a lot of pins and want something that's loaded and this is it for me.

#91 7 years ago

This is a game that I'm really trying to decide if I want to get it. I played it at the expo and I find myself really wanting to play more of it!

#92 7 years ago

Hmmm Lets see, South Park + NBAFB + ES + = Dialed In....Ill do that!

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Really? I believe 1k sold easy. A couple thousand woz and th out there, people really like them, and lots of people are in for a sweet pat lawlor game.

Even if true, that would not be 1000 games sold. That means 1000 $250 refundable deposits sent.
Which is a *slight* difference.

#94 7 years ago

All I can tell you guys as a jjp distributor

We have orders for more dialed in games than both woz and hobbit and mmr sold

I agree its not money in the bank but we still have the orders with paid deposits.

I don't think new games will be getting cheaper, it's expensive to build a pinball $500k a month gets put into building

Inflation and housing wages etc in Australia increase, god a new car costs $50k for a basic family car here.

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

All I can tell you guys as a jjp distributor
We have orders for more dialed in games than both woz and hobbit and mmr sold
I agree its not money in the bank but we still have the orders with paid deposits.
I don't think new games will be getting cheaper, it's expensive to build a pinball $500k a month gets put into building
Inflation and housing wages etc in Australia increase, god a new car costs $50k for a basic family car here.

The main problem in France is when our currency has changed to euro, the inflation has reached 10-20-30% or more, depending on products. Wages have been well converted in the same Time so we have lost a big part of our buy power. French collector won't be able to follow these prices. Don't know for other EU countries What happened.

#96 7 years ago

thanks for all the responses guys/gals.

i believe that the stream went very well and some of the concerns were addressed. it will be a fun ride the next couple of weeks to see what changes with DIALED IN. stay tuned in for updates on the name, collectors edition upgrades, etc.

remember, if you are looking to get into a JJP pin and are a veteran of United States Armed Forces, KingPin Games will cover your shipping costs as a "thank you" for your service.

#97 7 years ago

Nice to hear there is time to make the name better.
Played the game at expo and it played great.
But was not thrilled to purchase a game called Dialed In.

#98 7 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

thanks for all the responses guys/gals.
i believe that the stream went very well and some of the concerns were addressed. it will be a fun ride the next couple of weeks to see what changes with DIALED IN. stay tuned in for updates on the name, collectors edition upgrades, etc.
remember, if you are looking to get into a JJP pin and are a veteran of United States Armed Forces, KingPin Games will cover your shipping costs as a "thank you" for your service.

Suggest to JJ to have a blank square for the name and you can write in whatever you want for the name.

#99 7 years ago

I've been trying to watch this stream and it won't load. Anybody have any luck watching this?

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

I've been trying to watch this stream and it won't load. Anybody have any luck watching this?

I was able to watch it, but I also have a twitch account and am subbed to them. Perhaps that is why.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 24.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
There are 306 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-update-thread/page/2?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.