(Topic ID: 171698)

DIALED IN Update Thread (Game Trailer in 1st post)

By KingPinGames

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 306 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jar155
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

17211998_1464899636861961_4993005024080152008_o (resized).jpg
lights (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4160 (resized).PNG
DI page 2.pdf (PDF preview)
DI page 2.pdf (PDF preview)

There are 306 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 3 years ago

New DI Matrix showing Collectors Edition changes.

***DIALED IN COLLECTORS EDITION $12,500 ($1,000 refundable deposit)
***DIALED IN LIMITED EDITION $9,000 ($250 refundable deposit) (up to 2500 limited editions)
***DIALED IN STANDARD EDITION $8,000 ($250 refundable deposit) (unlimited)

There are plans in place both front end and behind the scenes to make JJP (and it's distribution network) stand out.

I am excited to not only be a distributor, but to also be the brother to Eric (Electrical Engineer). These times are exciting and i can't wait to see what comes next.

When announcements are made, i will update this first post in this thread to reflect.

If anyone has questions about the game, shipping (free for Armed Forces Veterans), other JJP games, or just wants to chat about pinball, Harleys (i have a 2006 883 and a 2015 Ultra Limited), babies (i have a newborn at home right now) or anything else shoot me a pm so we can keep this thread for DIALED IN topics.

I have both a Wizard of Oz Emerald City and a The Hobbit Black Arrow Edition in my house. If anyone is in the Wisconsin Dells, WI area let me know (i am about 15 minutes from there) if you want to come over and play them, see under the playfield, or just hang out.

Payment plans can be made. Financing available.

Game Trailer

Christopher
KingPin Games
608-393-2299
Sales@KingPinGames.net
www.KingPinGames.net

DI page 2.pdf

#2 3 years ago

looking forward to the update.

#3 3 years ago

I can attest for Chris. He is an awesome distributor and a stand up guy. He's not creepy at all either so feel comfortable giving him a ring.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from ItsOnlyPinball:

I can attest for Chris. He is an awesome distributor and a stand up guy. He's not creepy at all either so feel comfortable giving him a ring.

uh... thanks tim...

seriously, thanks for the recommendations.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

There will be an update coming today during the live stream
Tune in live at http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

Ok. Anyone interested most likely already knew what you were taking about. But I am new and had to google a bit and found that there is a live stream at Jersey Jack Pinball today at 1pm EDT. Just adding this info in case there is another clueless noob like me out there wondering what you're taking about.

#6 3 years ago

sorry about that. i will update that first post

#7 3 years ago

No worries. I'll be tuning in for sure.

#9 3 years ago

2500 LE's (Down from 6999), Standard Edition $8000

#10 3 years ago

Jack said a feature matrix will be coming, but I am not sure when.

Standard with stainless trim and no invisiglass, not sure what else may be missing.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Jack said a feature matrix will be coming, but I am not sure when.
Standard with stainless trim and no invisiglass, not sure what else may be missing.

I am trying to get the flyers uploaded, but my internet connection is slow. from what i can see, those are the differences. the standard will still have the shaker motor and all the toys of the limited edition (headphone jack also).

#12 3 years ago

No Dialed In T-shirt

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

2500 LE's (Down from 6999), Standard Edition $8000

That's a helluva slash in LE's

$8K for a standard, still too much. At $7,500 I would've thought pretty hard about buying, but at 8 I'm still out unfortunately.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

That's a helluva slash in LE's
$8K for a standard, still too much. At $7,500 I would've thought pretty hard about buying, but at 8 I'm still out unfortunately.

I agree and I'm in the same boat. Gonna have to wait the long haul and get one on the secondary market (if I still even want one by then).

#15 3 years ago

I may be in at that price point, if the glass and powdercoat are the only things missing.

#16 3 years ago

Still too rich for me ever getting one. Oh well.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

I may be in at that price point, if the glass and powdercoat are the only things missing.

That can't be it. You could get your own powder coated armor and invisiglass for less than a grand - so nobody would buy the LE if they had any sense. Have to wait for the feature matrix jack talked about.

#18 3 years ago

Still too much for me I was hoping for a standard at closer to 7k. If he announces the guy with the phone is going away on the PF and cabinet it may get more interesting or maybe they will come up with something else

#19 3 years ago

$8k with standard trim no invisiglass and very subpar art. Hobbit blows it away in terms of appearance and can be had for $7500 now and is an LE!

DI standard for $7k seems more appropriate.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

$8k with standard trim no invisiglass and very subpar art. Hobbit blows it away in terms of appearance and can be had for $7500 now and is an LE!

Agreed! I think they got the pricing wrong

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from clg:

It's cheaper than an MMr w color...it's cheaper than GBLE. Still expensive but now seems like a better value than the competition.

#22 3 years ago

uh... thanks tim...
seriously, thanks for the recommendations.

Lol,you got called a non-creep dude...

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Agree. His real problem with cutting the standard to 7k/7.5k is most people would get out of the LE. Therefore the LE needs cutting by at least $500 imo. But that's humble pie.

#24 3 years ago

I think it's a good game but people want a top of the range game at 8k not a standard.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's cheaper than an MMr w color...it's cheaper than GBLE. Still expensive but now seems like a better value than the competition.

Yep and I not buying those either!

#26 3 years ago

I was hoping for more like MSRP of 7250 standard 8k LE and 8750 CE...these are where I think the prices would be fair.

#27 3 years ago

Let's not use "can be had" prices and compare them to MSRP.

WOZ and TH are $8500 NIB MSRP right now, so this is actually a price decrease.

GB Premium was $7595 MSRP if I'm not mistaken. Looks like a great deal compared to Stern Premium pricing.

#28 3 years ago

Except no one pays MSRP for Stern, whereas that is the only option with JJP games.

#29 3 years ago

name change to Quantum City??

#30 3 years ago

They are changing the name of the game! Not revealing it yet but it's gonna happen!

EDIT: Not sure name is going to be Quantum City. Jack is not revealing name yet.

#31 3 years ago

Jack just announced on the feed that the name will be changing!!!!

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from Tazmancat:

They are changing the name of the game! Not revealing it yet but it's gonna happen!

lets hope dialed in wasnt the better name... lol

#33 3 years ago

sounded like the announcement / new name would be revealed in one week at Silverball Museum

#34 3 years ago

first post updated to reflect recent announcements

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from kse001:

Except no one pays MSRP for Stern, whereas that is the only option with JJP games.

Klye,

if you are interested let me know. i always take care of my local Wisconsin guys/gals.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Jack just announced on the feed that the name will be changing!!!!

Does name honestly matter? Now that the game is making sense and watching the Bro crew use 'dialed in' references; Dialed In makes sense! But, that still doesn't change the weak call outs. They're not bad, but there are 3 recent titles that use computer like female call outs. Dialed In, TRON, & STLE. TRON & STLE nailed it with the call outs - for a futuristic game, Dialed In call outs are lacking more than the name. Hopefully it gets addressed.

#37 3 years ago

I personally liked what Jack said! Thank you for listening Jack!! The game has an incredible layout and flows nicely, well done Pat! I am still not a fan of the theme and the campy figures, but I will probably get one down the road with the price reduction.

Well done JJP!

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from kse001:

I said that because of this comment:

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hobbit blows it away in terms of appearance and can be had for $7500 now and is an LE!

Some quick googling finds me a Hobbit LE for $8500 at one distributor, and $8699 at another. It would appear they are allowed to list at different prices? Is someone listing it for $7500? Either way, it seems like there are difference price points.

To be honest, I have no idea how it works with being able to buy direct from JJP vs from a JJP distributor.

Agree that no one pays MSRP for Stern.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I said that because of this comment:

Some quick googling finds me a Hobbit LE for $8500 at one distributor, and $8699 at another. It would appear they are allowed to list at different prices? Is someone listing it for $7500? Either way, it seems like there are difference price points.
To be honest, I have no idea how it works with being able to buy direct from JJP vs from a JJP distributor.
Agree that no one pays MSRP for Stern.

NIB HOBBIT LE is $8k yes. I was referring to secondary market how they are on a dip. There's 2 on pinside alone for $7500 and i believe a couple just sold on pinside at this price? i could be wrong. But you are comparing an LE to a standard - dollar for dollar, an LE hobbit blows away a standard Dialed In as far as theme, appearance, and overall package. Thats why to me, a standard Dialed In seems like it should be more around the $7k - $7500 range.

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Does name honestly matter? Now that the game is making sense and watching the Bro crew use 'dialed in' references; Dialed In makes sense! But, that still doesn't change the weak call outs. They're not bad, but there are 3 recent titles that use computer like female call outs. Dialed In, TRON, & STLE. TRON & STLE nailed it with the call outs - for a futuristic game, Dialed In call outs are lacking more than the name. Hopefully it gets addressed.

They said the game is only 20% coded.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from laprocket:

They said the game is only 20% coded.

yup! so hopefully the weak call outs get addressed. I cant wait to see how this game is in 9 months.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

NIB HOBBIT LE is $8k yes. I was referring to secondary market how they are on a dip. There's 2 on pinside alone for $7500 and i believe a couple just sold on pinside at this price? i could be wrong. But you are comparing an LE to a standard - dollar for dollar, an LE hobbit blows away a standard Dialed In as far as theme, appearance, and overall package. Thats why to me, a standard Dialed In seems like it should be more around the $7k - $7500 range.

Yep the hobbit sure looks more impressive , but I personally had more fun playing Dialed in then I ever had playing the hobbit . But yes the price is still just too high for Dialed in .

#43 3 years ago

One of his comments sounded like a name change tweak without losing Dialed In, which would suggest Dialed In Enterprises (D.I.E) but that hardly seems worthwhile. Another comment made it sound like it would be Quantum City. Question I suppose is how many playfields, translites, etc have already been made and would need to be trashed to be a worthwhile financial trade-off. Have other useable names already been trademarked?

#44 3 years ago

sounded like the announcement / new name would be revealed in one week at Silverball Museum

Awsome news, price is still a bit high but impressed that they are listening. Everyone seems to like quantum city.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Not going to happen. At $8k a standard edition offers more value and features then anything the competition has around the same point, including Stern LE's which cost more...

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Yep the hobbit sure looks more impressive , but I personally had more fun playing Dialed in then I ever had playing the hobbit . But yes the price is still just too high for Dialed in .

True, I think they should tweak the art a bit make it as beautiful as the hobit, rename it quantum city - that combined with a fun shooting layout (which is what is missing from the hobbit, which is too bad, I wanted to love that game) which it has - would make a compleate package pin and a winner IMO.

#47 3 years ago

My guess is

Quantum City : Dialed In

#48 3 years ago

Maybe switch back to "Killer App" ..? That still fits in the existing playfield inserts/layout. Offer the player a choice of a chaotic-evil gameplay mode where you can use the phone^h^h^h^h^hquantum generator to make life hell for everyone in Quantum City...

#49 3 years ago

Jack just confirmed that "Dialed In" is still going to be part of the name.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

There's 2 on pinside alone for $7500 and i believe a couple just sold on pinside at this price?

My original comment was that we need to be comparing apples to apples. NIB Hobbit and WOZ to NIB Dialed In. Pricing on Dialed In is lower, if anything. I still don't understand why people are saying that they expected $1000 or more lower than current JJP NIB pricing. OF COURSE WE ALL WANT GAMES TO BE LESS EXPENSIVE!

Quoted from Eskaybee:

dollar for dollar, an LE hobbit blows away a standard Dialed In as far as theme, appearance, and overall package

That's your opinion. Were you at Expo to play Dialed In in person?

Manufacturers don't adjust their pricing based on how well they think the theme is going to connect with the average customer. Unless I'm mistaken, all their games are the same price. JJP, Stern, Heighway, and Spooky use the same pricing for every game. Yes, it goes up over time, but it doesn't go *down* based on expectations of the theme.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 306 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside