Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by altan
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Has anyone had their drones stop after the update? Love the update ...

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from Rhlufa:

Has anyone had their drones stop after the update?

Not that I know of.

You can test them in Tests - Coils.

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago

What version were you running previously? I'm guessing 1.57?

#4 4 years ago

Code after 1.57 turned down the use of the drones to almost nothing so they don’t burn out. Like LTG said, you can test them in the menu to confirm they are working.

#5 4 years ago

Mine all work intest mode but I have notice they very rarely ever run. Seems like a waste of a cool toy.

#6 4 years ago

yeah, I got ahold of jjp and they sent me 2 new drones and told me not to install them until I updated to the new code. new code takes them out of the game damn near.

#7 4 years ago

Thanks for the info everyone...I’ll report back!

#8 4 years ago

1.57 was our previous code, yes.

#9 4 years ago

Did all 3 drone test (coil) and all three lights activate but no propeller on any of the three. I’m going to look and see if there is a drone setting.

#10 4 years ago

Found a topic “DI Drones not spinning” from about a year ago.So I followed what that P Sider did. In settings the drones will spin if nudged and lights illuminate. Then they will spin and illuminate on their own a few times. So it appears the lights and props are wired together. But in game play no spin no lights. I know for a fact the drones worked properly prior to this new update. Is it possible the new update has caused this ??

#11 4 years ago

The new updates hardly uses the drones because of their short lifespan. You get used to not seeing them run and then when they do burn out...you will not miss them. I don't if they added more drone noise in the audio...It seem like they did...?? Its not a fault of the update...just crappy drones. The update is worth doing.

#12 4 years ago

I never notice the drones spinning anyway. I'm too busy trying to keep my eye on the ball.

#13 4 years ago

Maybe im being to anal but when your are just starting and your first games are Police Force and BigGuns you have a deep appreciation for the hobby. Because the damm things have been routed so much you are trying to fix the stuff that is going out so much that you have to try to be a tech (most of us are not, me included ) I still love those game and miss them. Thanks to all the support and knowledge
I have obtained from our fellow Pinsiders no games have left our collection 100% unless stated. So maybe I’m to picky that when I Put down 8k for my first NIB game these toys are no longer working...
The update great,..Kelly is trying to retain her Grand Champion status.

#14 4 years ago

So, JJP took the easy way out and just disabled the drones? Why not get better drones and make them an option? Then JJP can make a software setting to incorporate drones like they were originally intended.

#15 4 years ago

I never notice the drones operate anyway, only time I have is when I look for it, or if the glass is off.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Why not get better drones and make them an option?

JJP didn't make the drones. And there are no better small ones out there.

LTG : )

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

So, JJP took the easy way out and just disabled the drones? Why not get better drones and make them an option? Then JJP can make a software setting to incorporate drones like they were originally intended.

Motors, like these, are designed more for a continuous "On", to fly as Drones.
There are issues that arise from constant on and off in these motors.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Motors, like these, are designed more for a continuous "On", to fly as Drones.
There are issues that arise from constant on and off in these motors.

Let me start by saying DI is awesome. And I'll also admit that less or no drone motor really don't impact the game. With that said...

I totally understand where the OP is coming from. I've read responses like OLDPINGUY before and, while I have no reason to doubt it, it begs the question "why did JJP put a device with motors (apparently) completely inappropriate for the use case into the game?"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 22.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-update-173 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.