Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by pindude80
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20180310_010623 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180310_134834 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180310_135045 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180310_135116 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

I've been back to playing my DI quite a bit lately and have noticed a few things I would like to address:

1.) Recently I started getting balls stuck behind the phone. This seems to be happening more since I removed the phone assembly and added the phone scoop protector. At first my friends and I thought when I re-assembled after adding the phone scoop protector I put the deflector on wrong, but after about 10 minutes of looking at it it appears it can only go on one way. Can anyone tell me if their plastic shield is installed differently than mine?

2.) The phone scoop used to always shoot straight back towards the right flipper. Now, say once every 10 ejects or so it's heading for the middle, I usually can recover the ball and it not go SDTM, but it catches me by surprise and not what I expect. Has anyone else's scoop eject behavior changed? It's not that big of a deal, probably the least of my concerns on stuff to look at, but thought it was odd that it changed and I would prefer it go towards the right flipper 100% of the time again.

3.) Theater magnet toss back- my magnet used to always toss the ball backwards towards the upper right flipper when it was supposed to. Lately it does a weak attempt at toss back and usually goes down the middle of the playfield and 50% of the time results in a SDTM drain. It seems like it only successfully tosses the ball back about 1out of every 5 times

4.)Upper Right Flipper- not hitting left ramp on clean shots. My game didn't have scoop protectors when it was made. While I was waiting on the scoop protectors to be designed and delivered to me, I think it was Jack's advice I followed, and turned the power down on the upper right flipper to prevent damaging the SIM card hole and surrounding area. Does anyone know what the setting should be turned up to now that I have the sim card scoop protector installed?

IMG_20180310_135116 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180310_135045 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180310_134834 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180310_010623 (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

Not sure on 1 and 4, but for 2, trying changing coil strength to 18 from 20. My theater magnet behaves the same way, very rarely tosses it back any more. I’ll have to play with settings.

#3 1 year ago

Just increase the strength of the theatre magnet.

#4 1 year ago

For the phone scoop eject turn the coil power down.

For the magnet toss, make sure you're on 1.52 and then turn on the magnet test lab feature.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just increase the strength of the theatre magnet.

It was on -60, changed to -80, not sure if I went the right way on the setting, guess will find out when I play it!

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

For the phone scoop eject turn the coil power down.
For the magnet toss, make sure you're on 1.52 and then turn on the magnet test lab feature.

I am on 1.50, thought that was the newest code? I guess not though.

#7 1 year ago

Played some test games after adjusting settings. turning the theater magnet up to -80 helped a lot, tossing the ball back like it should. I increased the upper right flipper strength from 15 to 17, makes the lock/train station ramp a lot better now and doesn't feel too strong where I would be afraid of it breaking stuff. There are 2 setting for vertical upkickers. I'm not sure I adjusted the correct one or not, but changed "eject strength" from 20 to 17, thought it was good, but it sent one ball SDTM to where I didn't stand a chance of saving it so adjusted to 14 and we'll see what happens.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Played some test games after adjusting settings. turning the theater magnet up to -80 helped a lot, tossing the ball back like it should. I increased the upper right flipper strength from 15 to 17, makes the right ramp a lot better now and doesn't feel too strong where I would be afraid of it breaking stuff. There are 2 setting for vertical upkickers. I'm not sure I adjusted the correct one or not, but changed "eject strength" from 20 to 17, thought it was good, but it sent one ball SDTM to where I didn't stand a chance of saving it so adjusted to 14 and we'll see what happens.

Yeah, you want the phone scoop eject strength number smaller not bigger.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Yeah, you want the phone scoop eject strength number smaller not bigger.

Ok, sounds like I adjusted it properly then. I'll have to see what it does on 14. I still have to get that stuck ball issue figured out, maybe I'll open a ticket with JJP and send them the pics.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from pindude80:

1.) Recently I started getting balls stuck behind the phone. This seems to be happening more since I removed the phone assembly and added the phone scoop protector. At first my friends and I thought when I re-assembled after adding the phone scoop protector I put the deflector on wrong, but after about 10 minutes of looking at it it appears it can only go on one way. Can anyone tell me if their plastic shield is installed differently than mine?

Solution for that: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-keeps-getting-stuck-behind-cellphone-in-dialed-in#post-4235254

#11 1 year ago

What kind of protector is on your phone scoop? Is it interfering with the ball coming out if the scoop at all?

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What kind of protector is on your phone scoop? Is it interfering with the ball coming out if the scoop at all?

It's from JJP, should be the same as what production games are getting.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 8,000.00
6,650 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lehigh Valley, PA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside