Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by CUJO
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_Trap door bracket adj_CO (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Turtle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

It is adjustable. I don't remember exactly but you need to bend some thing to adjust the height. If you need help I actually work in Norristown. Send me a PM.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Thank you for the offer to help.I see how it can be adjusted. I'm hoping that someone who has a trap door that is working perfectly,would take the time and measure the opening, the next time they have their glass off.
    P.S
    Thanks again for offering to stop by and help me!

I used a ball to measure the trap door above the PF. Beware there is point where it can be too high and the trap door won't work. So make sure the ball has some room and flows in cleanly.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

So when you held the ball in front of the locked open trap door,would you say the trap door(spring steel) front edge, was even with the top of the ball? In that case,the opening would be almost one inch.
    The reason I'm trying to get this right,is I don't wanna have to replace my trap door unit,every two months.
    Thanks for your help.

No the edge of the spring steel was about 1/4 inch above the ball. The ball needs room to enter the trap.

I eye-balled the distance from the side while the PF was up. And once it was working I just kept rolling balls up the orbit making slight adjustments to get the final height. Your height is going to be different than mine. That's pinball.

#8 5 years ago

I found the picture from JJP so I thought I would post it in the event someone else has the same issue.

thumbnail_Trap door bracket adj_CO (resized).jpgthumbnail_Trap door bracket adj_CO (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #11 5 years ago
    Quoted from CUJO:

I just picked up a beautiful used Dialed In LE.
    Is there a way to test the Bob's trap door in the menu?
    I was playing a game last night and the ball went up outer left ramp. I think I may have caught the ball in the trap as it was closing.
    Game did a ball search the ball came back into play. Sounded like it then dropped into the trap door after the search.
    Can and does that happen often during a game even if trap door working properly?
    Sorry if this is a obvious question but still in the learning stage of the games features.
    This is one of the first LE's off the line (06/2017) so just wondering if any changes in production were made to the trap door.

Yes there is a specific test for the trap door in the diagnostics. Not away of any chances in production. Just make sure it's greased, reference LTG post #1059 from this link:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp/page/22

Edit: the lack of grease was a common problem on early DI's.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Turtle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-trap-door-question?tu=Turtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.