(Topic ID: 198757)

Dialed In: Theater Magnet Shot = Shadow's Lock Effect. Did You Know That?

By delt31

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Insanity199.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 6 years ago

I just got my dialed in and thought I had the magnet set correctly. It seemed to throw around very well after my initial adjustment to -75. It has only been a week since I got the game but I was then noticing that it grabbed the ball, pulsed and actually threw it downward a bit. (Yes, this was in something like package drop that is supposed to whip it around). I then readjusted with the magnet test and got it working. Then in gameplay, it acted up again. I then tried so many settings during the magnet test that the magnet actually stopped working completely for 5 or so minutes. I can only assume that it overheated.

I now have it working that it slowly throws it around but I have no faith that it will work again tomorrow. I am almost afraid to touch the settings. This is really bizarre. Could it be that my magnet is overheating and affecting the performance with gameplay? I have a call into Frank but I am completely puzzled as to why I would see such varied and inconsistent behavior.

#14 6 years ago

Nope. Got a fresh xacto knife yesterday but didn’t have a chance yet. I assume the easiest way is to take magnet out from underneath and cut out from bottom? At least that is what I saw suggested. I looked at the theater and it wasn’t clear to me on how to remove it to get to magnet from top.

#16 6 years ago

I looked at the manual. Is the theater just 3 screws? It seems the magnet is definitely just 3 screws. If anyone has some details, it would be greatly appreciated.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Insanity199.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-theater-magnet-shot-shadow-lock-did-you-know-that?tu=Insanity199 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.