Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

50C84818-8E1C-46A6-814E-B54533399BBF.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
CF7D1BDF-4546-4C75-A977-F54CC70D70BC (resized).jpeg
C4AA385D-0E6A-4B48-AA69-FCDF7F9903B4 (resized).jpeg
637C8D73-E19C-454E-AFFF-B9D204C274F2 (resized).png
C3EAF820-8AB7-4BDB-B614-AAAC8F32091E (resized).jpeg
There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I think you might just be too cool for this game and Wonka also.You need a badass AC/DC and some other macho title

I mean..why not both? AC/DC is a great game too.

#52 4 years ago

Can someone tell me why the thing in the back diverts the ball from the ramp onto that stupid little plastic board that seems to me like it does nothing apart from being annoying...

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

The disaster modes are cool but the Bob modes suck who wants an emoji mode or selfy mode there are a lot of games out there keep shopping

I'll take em..

I like the emoji and selfie modes.. always a topic of conversation when my friends realize a camera is watching them, then the emoji mode can be very challenging/frustrating/annoying at times.. I have grown to appreciate it. The light show for beating it is fun aswell.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Can someone tell me why the thing in the back diverts the ball from the ramp onto that stupid little plastic board that seems to me like it does nothing apart from being annoying...

It is forcing you to lock a ball,once a ball is locked it will return to normal

#55 4 years ago

It’s also a mini nudge game. Get the ball into the hole and the pops are worth more.

The diverter has some cool uses during modes as well, like Monkey Wrench MB where it goes up and down and you have to time your shots to get past it, or Acid Rain where you need to get the ball into the pops.

All that said, it seems you may not like this pin. If you don’t think you can appreciate it, get something else. Pins are too expensive these days to take a risk.

#56 4 years ago

Played it at a friends, fun game. Think Wonka is possibly more fun, if you like the theme better? Both shoot similarly: buttery smooth. Modes of DI have fun cell phone characters talking to you. Quantum Theater is a great toy. Overall DI is loaded with interesting fun toys. Only theme hurts it, because you don’t know if your the one that should cause the disasters or save the city from the disasters you caused?

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

It’s also a mini nudge game. Get the ball into the hole and the pops are worth more.
The diverter has some cool uses during modes as well, like Monkey Wrench MB where it goes up and down and you have to time your shots to get past it, or Acid Rain where you need to get the ball into the pops.
All that said, it seems you may not like this pin. If you don’t think you can appreciate it, get something else. Pins are too expensive these days to take a risk.

Monkey wrench multiball is great and not easy to score on.Just one more thing that makes this one of the best!It should have been named Chaos in Quantum City

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Monkey wrench multiball is great and not easy to score on.Just one more thing that makes this one of the best!It should have been named Chaos in Quantum City

Something tells me that by todays standards that name would have been a failure too. I think MOST people are more interested in licensed themes these days. I personally prefer original themes the majority of the time, which is probably why I like Dialed In.

#59 4 years ago

I think I’m going to throw caution to the wind and grab one at the right price

#60 4 years ago

You won’t be sorry,set pin up at 6.7 to 7 degrees Keep it waxed and let her rip!

#61 4 years ago

Good call! I love this game Babee!

The humor, flow, depth of code, light show, sound and art package is a grand slam. JJP nailed this one, lots of Pat Lawlor Easter eggs throughout the game. Wish there was a update to hint that Rudy from Funhouse was behind DIE like his watch on the desk!

#62 4 years ago

If you are buying HUO you can find some at good prices

#63 4 years ago

Anybody think 5.5k is fair for a Standard?

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Not fair to the seller, but hey, give it a shot...

#65 4 years ago

Typical JJP , built like a tank. Very smooth shooter. Did not stay around long due to every game feels the same. My least favorite JJP, but as you can see It's a "Love or Hate" machine.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Kind of low,but I’ll sell you my beautiful LE for $7400

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

If I had 7.4k laying around, I wouldn't be asking silly questions!

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I own a standard DI and there's no way I'd take that. I wouldn't even counter you. There's a routed DI on pinside market for 6250 right now. My HUO would be higher than that.

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

It's just so far down form the original price you probably wont get anywhere. I guess look at what a used Stern Premium goes for?

#70 4 years ago

>>> Dialed in. Tell me why I should like it

I cannot tell you why you _should_ like it.

Instead, in a very abbreviated manner, I'll tell you why it's my favorite pin. It's chock full of amazing pinball functions/toys (quantum theater, LCD phone, subway, magnets, diverter, trap door, ...), it looks amazing, great rules, gameplay is smooth as silk and it's a blast to play.

But pinball is about an experience. I suggest you play it and decide for yourself.

... Altan

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

That's a low ball and unrealistic price. If you find one for that price good but don't be surprised if people say to pound sand if you offer them that price. $7k is around what HUO standards are going for on average, $7500 - $8k for HUO LE's on average depending on location.

#72 4 years ago

I personally love how creative this game is and have always had a blast anytime I get the chance to play one. You seem on the fence about it, if you have the cash and Space why not? If you don't end up liking it just sell or trade it. In most collections, no pin lasts forever. You learn what features and layout you like and move on.
Good luck bud!

#73 4 years ago

Thanks everyone, just feeling things out. I appreciate the feedback.

Played this a few games at a show, lots of fun!

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's a low ball and unrealistic price. If you find one for that price good but don't be surprised if people say to pound sand if you offer them that price. $7k is around what HUO standards are going for on average, $7500 - $8k for HUO LE's on average depending on location.

There are three standards in the market place at this time none all are under $7000

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

There are three standards in the market place at this time none all are under $7000

I mean..I am literally staring at an ad for $6250 on this very thread...and it's been there for weeks.

#76 4 years ago

Dialed In is the only JJP game I *don't* have. I don't hate it, I just don't like it enough. I'll still drop a few bucks in on location for it, but.. that's honestly about it.

Consider asking the pinsiders in Sydney if you can bring beer in exchange for some time on their game..

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

Dialed In is the only JJP game I *don't* have. I don't hate it, I just don't like it enough. I'll still drop a few bucks in on location for it, but.. that's honestly about it.
Consider asking the pinsiders in Sydney if you can bring beer in exchange for some time on their game..

I’ve played a few games at a mates place and on site and I think whilst I get the general jist of what to do I still don’t know what to do to just have that magic game to make me really enjoy it.

For instance I just loved TWD straight off the bat it just resonated with me. I played a game or two on a pro and just had that feeling it was going to be magic!

On the flip side I saw the hobbit thought it looked beautiful but could never quite get into it so I bought it and just played it and played it and I enjoyed it because of how immersive it is. It’s just insane how it pulls you into the movies with all the clips and those beautiful sounds. Into the fire wizard mode was off chops I LOVED that mode! Where as barrel escape and five army battle just felt like a Zzzz fest in comparison which totally sucked the Satisfaction out of getting to those wizard modes because they weren’t as fun in comparison. But whilst I enjoyed the hobbit a game would go for 30+ minutes and that’s just not my cup of tea if I’m having games go that long on the more often scale. The hobbit feels like you’re in multiball more often than not and doesn’t quite feel like an achievement to get into it when they just happen. Where as JJP POTC I feel like you’re always in multiball but in comparison to the hobbit it doesn’t feel like a drag. It’s really strange.

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

You are nuts. Great pinball, still my favorite to flip.

Not at all. Just Because I don’t like what you like , I don’t feel the need to drink the kool-aid.

#79 4 years ago

OP, don’t get Dialed In. It’s a great game, but from reading your posts you simply aren’t crazy about it, and that’s Ok. It’s insane to spend $8,000 on a game that you aren’t excited to death to play. Don’t use the Pinside community to talk you into making a purchase that you’ll regret.

#80 4 years ago

Love DI. Never leaving.

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from Patrunkenphat7:

OP, don’t get Dialed In. It’s a great game, but from reading your posts you simply aren’t crazy about it, and that’s Ok. It’s insane to spend $8,000 on a game that you aren’t excited to death to play. Don’t use the Pinside community to talk you into making a purchase that you’ll regret.

It’s about $6500 USD so it’s a fair price for a sited machine. I’m not crazy about it but I should be able to turn around if I don’t like it

#82 4 years ago

Just my 2c and this coming from a novice as myself, but DI is by far my favorite game to date and always resonates with my kids (who are younger) and family and friends that come over...the selfie and emoji mode while gimmicky per se, are definitely relevant and almost anyone younger than me really enjoys and appreciates them both...the light show is amazing and the way JJP changes colors so effortlessly on the PF never gets old...the music at first wasn’t my favorite but it’s definitely grown on me...shots are smooth, rules great, toys top notch, and overall a great game...I’ve had a few pins throughout my brief collecting time in the hobby (certainly not as many as a lot of people here) and have either owned or put time on many of the top 100 (subjective I know) and can still honestly say I’d probably keep this one if I had to just keep one...if you’re in the market, buy one, play it, and I’d bet you’d consider it a keeper! Good Luck!

#83 4 years ago

I ain’t gonna tell you why you should like it

#84 4 years ago

Dialed In is a summarization of all Pat Lawler pinball themes, mostly disasters. It feels and plays like a pinball of the good old B\W area. For me it’s one of the best machines ever made. Also because it’s not a licensed theme, which makes it unique.

3 weeks later
#85 4 years ago

Did you buy the Dialed In,and do you like it?

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Did you buy the Dialed In,and do you like it?

Yeah I caved and bought it. I’m enjoying it yes. In part for knowing more what to do and watching a bit of the buffalo pinball stream. Knowing I can cancel the multiball from starting so I can then bring in a more is great to know and not something that is told to you anywhere on the machine.

The problem I find with JJP machines is that they don’t tell you anything. There’s nothing on either screen to say double flip and you’ll cancel the multiball start at the scoop. I had to find that out by watching a YouTube video. And that I think is my major frustrations with all JJP games it’s not as easy as look on the screen or look on the playfield and you’ll know what to do off the bat. You need to be told or find out on YouTube but nothing is ever quite on the surface instructing you from the get go.

#87 4 years ago

Yeah I caved and bought it. I’m enjoying it yes. In part for knowing more what to do and watching a bit of the buffalo pinball stream. Knowing I can cancel the multiball from starting so I can then bring in a more is great to know and not something that is told to you anywhere on the machine.
The problem I find with JJP machines is that they don’t tell you anything. There’s nothing on either screen to say double flip and you’ll cancel the multiball start at the scoop. I had to find that out by watching a YouTube video. And that I think is my major frustrations with all JJP games it’s not as easy as look on the screen or look on the playfield and you’ll know what to do off the bat. You need to be told or find out on YouTube but nothing is ever quite on the surface instructing you from the get go.

I think the double flip cancel instructions appear on the phone in small font. Not super obvious but I think it is there fwiw.

#88 4 years ago

I find it to be the exact opposite. My JJP games are so far beyond any others in my collection as for telling you what to shoot. TWD and IMDN, however, I know the basics, but I'm still clueless as to what to shoot for on a good bit of the game.
*I'm pretty sure the phone screen says you can cancel multiball?

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I think you might just be too cool for this game and Wonka also.You need a badass AC/DC and some other macho title

You see this is what the JJP fanboys love to say. Like ur too cool for school because the thought of rainbows and chocolate and children and a very fem cell phone and music that sounds like it was made for kindergartners just don't do anything for ya. Really its an attempt to justify the fact that they do.

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

You see this is what the JJP fanboys love to say. Like ur too cool for school because the thought of rainbows and chocolate and children and a very fem cell phone and music that sounds like it was made for kindergartners just don't do anything for ya. Really its an attempt to justify the fact that they do.

Somehow I knew this was you posting before seeing your Avatar change; get real and grow up. Some of us like more than just a single one note flavor of pinball.

I like my Iron Man, and I like Dialed In? So what?

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Ok now go away!

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Ok now go away!

Ok.

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

You see this is what JJP haters love to say.

You're kidding yourself if you think certain titles make you cool. You're still a pinball nerd. Really it's an attempt to justify your insecurities.

#94 4 years ago

I just got my dialed-in over the weekend After debating on pulling the trigger for long time no regrets something new and
Definitely different and challenging. Very happy with my purchase

#95 4 years ago

Because I said so... thats why

LOL
I just turned into one of my parents for a moment there.

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Not fair to the seller, but hey, give it a shot...

Quoted from romulusx:

Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I own a standard DI and there's no way I'd take that. I wouldn't even counter you. There's a routed DI on pinside market for 6250 right now. My HUO would be higher than that.

Quoted from TheLaw:

It's just so far down form the original price you probably wont get anywhere. I guess look at what a used Stern Premium goes for?

Well it sold for $5600 and it is a pretty nice game.

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from gatordad:

Because I said so... thats why

Every time I see this thread, I think that.

LTG : )

#98 4 years ago

Knowing I can cancel the multiball from starting so I can then bring in a more is great to know and not something that is told to you anywhere on the machine.

It says it on the phone when the ringing starts, but it is kind of quick.

Quoted from fiberdude120:

Well it sold for $5600 and it is a pretty nice game.

Thanks, I hadn't really paid attention or seen any sales.

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It says it on the phone when the ringing starts, but it is kind of quick.

Thanks, I hadn't really paid attention or seen any sales.

I’ll have to pay closer attention to this!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 22.50
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-tell-me-why-i-should-like-it/page/2?hl=jwjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.