Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

50C84818-8E1C-46A6-814E-B54533399BBF.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
CF7D1BDF-4546-4C75-A977-F54CC70D70BC (resized).jpeg
C4AA385D-0E6A-4B48-AA69-FCDF7F9903B4 (resized).jpeg
637C8D73-E19C-454E-AFFF-B9D204C274F2 (resized).png
C3EAF820-8AB7-4BDB-B614-AAAC8F32091E (resized).jpeg

There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

I’m contemplating grabbing a dialled in Le and I’m not overly fussed by the game and haven’t had that one game where I’ve become hooked and want to really continue playing yet. Can someone tell me what I’m missing. I know the general jist of what to do hit JJP on a stick the scoop to start modes but I’m just feeling a little lack lustre. Help me understand it please

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I’m contemplating grabbing a dialled in Le and I’m not overly fussed by the game and haven’t had that one game where I’ve become hooked and want to really continue playing yet. Can someone tell me what I’m missing. I know the general jist of what to do hit JJP on a stick the scoop to start modes but I’m just feeling a little lack lustre. Help me understand it please

If you like mode based games, it does an excellent job with the modes. Add to that great flow, amazing toys, and a humor factor reminiscent of 90s pinball, and it is a winner IMO.

If you prefer games with lots of stacking and strategy choices, it may not be the game for you.

Guests usually prefer it in my house given the toys, ramps and overall approachability.

#3 4 years ago

If you don't like it after playing it a while there's nothing wrong with that. Pinball is pretty subjective and there's something for everyone, that's what makes it great. I like how smooth the game shoots but overall I'm lukewarm on it myself compared to other Lawlor games.

#4 4 years ago

No one is going to convince you to like it, only you can do that Same goes for any game. Nokoro above said some great points about the game.

Have you tried to go after any SIM cards? That's a big part of the game and a addicting one. SIM cards are lit at the SIM card scoop after modes are completed. You need to hit the SIM card shot before draining to collect the SIM card. Collecting SIM cards greatly increases scoring for the next modes played and multiplys based on number of SIM cards collected. Also, each time a SIM card is collected you spell a letter from "Dialed In". Collecting 8 SIM cards (a Valinor level task) will get you to unlock the games super wizard mode. The Big Bang shot is a lot of fun as well and adds some strategy to the game. Light the Big Bang shot and then hit it during a mode to collect all lit shots on the playfield for that mode.

#5 4 years ago

Because I like it and everything I like you also should like.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Because I like it and everything I like you also should like.

Classical pinside.

#7 4 years ago

There’s layers of gameplay you can choose.Game is smooth as silk if set up right,I’ve played bad set ups and the game doesn’t shine like mine does.When the game was already deep enough they added another layer with Theatre multiball.

#8 4 years ago

I think it has amazing flow, constant movement, which is what I love about Wonka as well. In trying to get the ball where you want it, a lot of times it's quicker and easier to hit ramps and keep the ball in motion than post pass or whatever. I've come to like the theme, reminds me of Road Show and older Sim City computer games. Also has JJP's usual top notch lights. That the LED inserts draw the path for some of your shots is pretty neat.

#9 4 years ago

I got nothing!

#10 4 years ago

“Lack Luster” You’ve described it perfectly!

#11 4 years ago

I did not like dialed in at first. Now I truly enjoy it.

I warmed to the cell phone in my face over time for a start. Now everyone has one.

A friends son talked me through some shots and after he did that I was blowing it up.

I think it came down to very satisfying combos and shots. Big Bang.

I do really love the game now. I have two friends who own it.

I will probably like it even more as time goes on which is important to me.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Lack luster really,that’s a fucking joke?Right

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Lack luster really,that’s a fucking joke?Right

Why because he doesn't like the game and u do?

#14 4 years ago

I’m contemplating grabbing a dialled in Le and I’m not overly fussed by the game and haven’t had that one game where I’ve become hooked and want to really continue playing yet. Can someone tell me what I’m missing.

Ur not missing anything and I felt the same way. Just because its adored by some pinsiders doesn't mean u need to check urself. Most pinsiders don't care for BK3 and I love it, fuck them. Oh and Merry Christmas.

#15 4 years ago

Will it’s fine if he doesn’t like the game but to say it’s lackluster makes me think he s just bashing.
This game has so much stuff going with so much luster on the playfield

#16 4 years ago

Nuf said

C3EAF820-8AB7-4BDB-B614-AAAC8F32091E (resized).jpegC3EAF820-8AB7-4BDB-B614-AAAC8F32091E (resized).jpeg
#17 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Will it’s fine if he doesn’t like the game but to say it’s lackluster makes me think he s just bashing.

Ok but if I don't like the theme and gameplay etc. no matter whats on the PF its lackluster. If he meant mechanically well then hes very confused isn't he.

#18 4 years ago

Oh fuck it this is a waste of time I’m going back to my wings on the Weber kettle

C4AA385D-0E6A-4B48-AA69-FCDF7F9903B4 (resized).jpegC4AA385D-0E6A-4B48-AA69-FCDF7F9903B4 (resized).jpegCF7D1BDF-4546-4C75-A977-F54CC70D70BC (resized).jpegCF7D1BDF-4546-4C75-A977-F54CC70D70BC (resized).jpeg637C8D73-E19C-454E-AFFF-B9D204C274F2 (resized).png637C8D73-E19C-454E-AFFF-B9D204C274F2 (resized).png
#19 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Oh fuck it this is a waste of time I’m going back to my wings on the Weber kettle

Now they sound delicious! At 9k AUD it’s a good buy considering stern pros are 9k now a days. I kind of did the same thing with a Hobbit. Bought it because I wanted to enjoy it played it a whole bunch and enjoyed it but the game play was too long for me so flipped it

#20 4 years ago

It's not an easy game. I bought one and donated it to a co-op. Everyone loved trying it out but it got very few plays by all but those who enjoyed a challenge. The really good players would attempt to blow it up, get a few sim cards, finish some modes, get the mini wizard mode, etc. It flows better than any machine I've ever played. It has challenging shots. If you can get a multiball and then start another multiball with it.... it's insanely fast and fun. It isn't very repetitive as the modes are randomized every play. There's something to hit on every shot.

It also appeals to pinball novices. They love the humor, the light-heartedness, the phone mode, the lights and sounds. They don't care about score, they just like hitting things and watching stuff happen. They get a kick out of the guy in the middle, the phone, the light show, etc.

If you're a hardcore player or a novice, you'll love it. If you're in the middle, you won't love it as much (my experience).

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#21 4 years ago

I can tell you why I like it. I love the game but like my other JJP's as well. It's the one game my niece's , nephews and family members love. It's the favorite game of my 9 year old grandson who said never sell it.
I play it often and love it. It's probably the top one more game factor I own and that includes Iron man.
Good Luck

#22 4 years ago

Do you love mom jeans on men?
Do you love cell phones?

If so, you’ll love Dialed In!

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Do you love cell phones?

But they're not mom jeans. A women in a mechanic suit is what's being represented. Eric from JJP said hes had women come up to him at shows thanking him for representing women in a tasteful way unlike a majority of pins. Good on JJP.

Also, just about everyone has a smart phone and uses it multiple times a day. Anyone complaining about a phone being in the game should toss their own in the trash if they hate it that much lol.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Do you love cell phones?

That’s just a stupid comment!

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

But they're not mom jeans. A women in a mechanic suit is what's being represented.

This is a woman?

50C84818-8E1C-46A6-814E-B54533399BBF.jpeg50C84818-8E1C-46A6-814E-B54533399BBF.jpeg
#26 4 years ago

If you do not like playing it you should not buy it.

#27 4 years ago

Looks like a dude with jeans on

#28 4 years ago

You either like it or you don’t. You shouldn’t have to be convinced why you should buy it. If you do then it’s probably not the game for you.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

You either like it or you don’t. You shouldn’t have to be convinced why you should buy it. If you do then it’s probably not the game for you.

I liked it the first time I played it at the Louisville Expo.I’ve owned TZ,AF,RS and still own Whirlwind.
Dialed In is as good as any of Lawlor’s titles with more depth.
I’ve heard a lot of people say the more they played the more they liked it.

#30 4 years ago

I just played it because of this thread. INSANE GAME! I got Armageddon for just the 2nd or 3rd time ever, but the first time since the last code update. It's AWESOME! Jam-packed with cool stuff in that mode, wow. I wish I had more than just 60 seconds in it.

What a game. I thought about trading or selling it once, but when I came to an agreement on a deal my stomach turned upside down. I was sick. My wife convinced me to call the buyer and rescind the agreement. I'm happy he was cool about it. Lesson learned. I'm bolting it to the floor.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’ve heard a lot of people say the more they played the more they liked it

I’ve only played it a handful of times at a couple of shows where it’s really hard to get into it when there a ton of people standing around waiting to play.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

I’ve only played it a handful of times at a couple of shows where it’s really hard to get into it when there a ton of people standing around waiting to play.

Yep shows don't do jjp pins any favors... they are so much better in a home environment set up nice. Wonkale and dile are my top pins ever.. and I've owned a good many pins.

#33 4 years ago

It is my least favorite JJP game.
WOZ and POTC are at the top of the list.

That's the beauty of pinball, however. Everyone doesn't have to like the same thing.

I would suggest playing it at a location or friends house to see if you can get into it, but don't force yourself. There are too many games out there to have to "try" and make yourself like a particular one.

#34 4 years ago

Out of 30 games including IMDN, POTC, TAF, LOTR, and others, it is the -ONLY- game my family has repeatedly mentioned that they miss playing. And me too - That game is fun as hell.

#35 4 years ago

The name of the game is stupid. As is centering the thing around a fking cell phone. If you can look past that, it is a great game with smooth shots, "ecto goggles" that actually do something other than be eye candy (:cough cough: Ghostbusters), a trap door and some pretty cool mechs. The theme of the news channel is pretty cool during the bonus. The dopes should have named it Sim City, Metropolis, Mayors Office, or some other name . If I had the room or the funds it would be a game that I would consider without hesitation. If you have the room and money, go for it. You can do a lot worse.

#36 4 years ago

Dialed in is my favorite JJP game so far. WoZ was clunky, PoTC was clunky. Haven't played Wonka.

I was one of those that thought the theme would suck, but it's misleading. Just consider it a bad name and misleading theme. The actual game was surprisingly fun and more about disasters happening around you.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Looks like a dude with jeans on

Yea, pulled up to his navel.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Yea, pulled up to his navel.

Great, do we need to debate how far the jeans are hiked up on this promo shot digital dude (Navel, mid navel, waist...maybe he has has an abnormally high navel?)or can just agree that overall the gameplay is pretty damn fun regardless of navel location or style of jeans portrayed? I spent a good amount of time playing this at several shows despite not loving the phone or theme. Super fun trying to complete modes, compiled with the humor and side objectives. Then I acquired it in a trade and realized it’s longevity. Still trying hard for the wizard mode. Bad games happen on this pin but get a good Game going and it’s awesome!!

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Dialed in is my favorite JJP game so far. WoZ was clunky, PoTC was clunky. Haven't played Wonka.
I was one of those that thought the theme would suck, but it's misleading. Just consider it a bad name and misleading theme. The actual game was surprisingly fun and more about disasters happening around you.

Agreed.. and wonka also plays very well..give it a try sometime. I find Wonka even more fun to shoot bc of the layout.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Great, do we need to debate how far the jeans are hiked up on this promo shot digital dude (Navel, mid navel, waist...maybe he has has an abnormally high navel?)or can just agree that overall the gameplay is pretty damn fun regardless of navel location or style of jeans portrayed? I spent a good amount of time playing this at several shows despite not loving the phone or theme. Super fun trying to complete modes, compiled with the humor and side objectives. Then I acquired it in a trade and realized it’s longevity. Still trying hard for the wizard mode. Bad games happen on this pin but get a good Game going and it’s awesome!!

People find the oddest things to debate about lol.. when a pin is fun it's fun who cares about a phone and jeans lol.

#41 4 years ago

I never thought this game was about a cell phone, always viewed it as and continuation of Lawlor's other disaster based pins, Whirlwind and Earthshaker, but even if you focus on the cell aspect, it's still an awesome game, the modes are great and varied, Big Bang is one of my all time favorite shots, so satisfying, and the game has great objectives worth getting too. I'd own one if I didn't have access to one any time I want, but in a room full of modern games it is always one I will gravitate towards, and someday I will own one!

#42 4 years ago

Yeah I couldn’t get into it either. I owned it for a couple months and really couldn’t bring myself to press start anymore. I’m just not a Lawlor fan. Most of his games just feel the same. Scoop, mode, scoop, mode, throw in a couple random multiballs and some side tasks. Not exciting at all.

The thing that really drove me nuts were the call outs. The main announcer guy’s voice is so boring and he sounds about as excited as a 9 year old in church. You get an extra ball and you feel zero excitement.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I thought about trading or selling it once, but when I came to an agreement on a deal my stomach turned upside down. I was sick. My wife convinced me to call the buyer and rescind the agreement. I'm happy he was cool about it. Lesson learned. I'm bolting it to the floor.

#44 4 years ago

I won't tell you why you should like it, as I don't like it either!

If it doesn't click, I would just move on to another machine.
There are so many great options to choose from

And this also exactly what annoys me so much on this game:

Quoted from NightTrain:

The thing that really drove me nuts were the call outs. The main announcer guy’s voice is so boring and he sounds about as excited as a 9 year old in church. You get an extra ball and you feel zero excitement.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

If you prefer games with lots of stacking and strategy choices, it may not be the game for you.

Stacking? Try getting a mode, a quick MB, a full MB, and the QT MB all going at once. I had 64 hits on the QED.

#46 4 years ago

It's just weird to tuck in your shirt with jeans, normally one couldn't see the approximate navel propinquity.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

You are nuts. Great pinball, still my favorite to flip.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Stacking? Try getting a mode, a quick MB, a full MB, and the QT MB all going at once. I had 64 hits on the QED.

Yeah, but it’s rare to pull that off in the game, and it is not a major part of the strategy.

Compare that to WOZ which doesn’t have traditional modes but is all about trying to stack stuff in combination with other stuff to maximize points. I stack stuff all the time in WOZ. It is what you do. I almost never stack anything in DI. Both ways of playing have their merits. It is fun to have variety.

#49 4 years ago

The disaster modes are cool but the Bob modes suck who wants an emoji mode or selfy mode there are a lot of games out there keep shopping

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

The disaster modes are cool but the Bob modes suck who wants an emoji mode or selfy mode there are a lot of games out there keep shopping

I think you might just be too cool for this game and Wonka also.You need a badass AC/DC and some other macho title

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-tell-me-why-i-should-like-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.