Topic poll

“Which version to buy”

• Dialed In - standard 20 votes
    22%
  • Dialed In -LE 69 votes
    78%

(89 votes)

#1 6 years ago

I’m planning on purchasing a NIB Dialed In. Is the LE worth the $1000 more than the standard? What are the major improvements for the LE over the standard? I want your advice

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I want your advice

Read about differences here :

http://159.203.76.48/di/DI-Compare-NEW.pdf

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

I went LE because of the blue powder coating, lighted ramp and invisiglass.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

I went LE because of the blue powder coating, lighted ramp and invisiglass.

Me too. What he said. ^^^^^^^^

#5 6 years ago

Thanks, I was trying to find this.

#6 6 years ago

Don’t forget the book manual as well. A great addition for the LE

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from smognote:

Still waiting on mine

#8 6 years ago

I have a LE but got to play a standard today on location and although it played the same something didn't feel right. I really like the ramp lights and the etched city scape plastic.

#9 6 years ago

Me too

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Still waiting on mine

Yep but will have it sooner than later from what i gather

#11 6 years ago

I would absolutely go LE, the additions are worth the $ IMO

Greg
Pinballpro.com

#12 6 years ago

Its actually an LE that worth the extra $1K....blue powder coating, invisiglass, lighted ramps, exterior headphone jack, and printed manual....if you don't care about those things than go with the standard.....

#13 6 years ago

LE is really cool and if you can spend tthe 1k extra do it. If no take SE, save some bugs and you won't Miss anything important.

#14 6 years ago

Just to pile on here, I agonised over this decision for weeks, and finally just decided to go LE. If any one of the LE features are important to you, it’s almost a wash. The Invisiglass alone would cost $300 to upgrade, and the additional accoutrements (see what I did there?) easily add up

#15 6 years ago

Overwhelming majority say go LE. I definitely don’t want to buy standard then regret not spending a little more to have the added features. I just wanted to get your opinions on whether it was worth it. LE it is!!!

#16 6 years ago

I have a Standard and love it. At the time I purchased the game, I just couldn't quite swing the extra $1,000. Honestly, the glass I have on mine is really good. No glare from the monitor or anything. I can easily see the entire playfield. I've added a few inexpensive Mezel Mods to brighten up a few spots. Sure, I miss the ramp lights but that's about it for me. I can always add powder coated armor later and the other differences don't matter to me (headphone jack, manual, different cityscape, different signage on Quantum theater).

If you can swing the $$$ for an LE and like the upgrades it has over the Standard, then get one. But if not, get a Standard...it's still an awesome game.

Good luck.

#17 6 years ago

The shaker is included on the SE. That would make me lean that way. That’s a really good value. Then, I’d powder coat it myself the purlple Quantum Haze collector colour

#18 6 years ago

If you're the kind of person to powder coat your games and add Invisiglass, go LE. Otherwise, go standard.

#19 6 years ago

I also like the idea of customizing my own powdercoating to give my own look. I wish they would give the option of ordering a SE with Invisiglass all the other perks I could live without but Invisiglass is a must.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just to pile on here, I agonised over this decision for weeks, and finally just decided to go LE. If any one of the LE features are important to you, it’s almost a wash. The Invisiglass alone would cost $300 to upgrade, and the additional accoutrements (see what I did there?) easily add up

Invisiglass in germany is only 185$ and powdercoating cost around 150$ - so for me was it easy but if you can and will go LE

#21 6 years ago

LE all the way but don't buy brand new. Try to find it used and it will be 8-8300.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

LE all the way but don't buy brand new. Try to find it used and it will be 8-8300.

I’m trading my tron plus cash for NIB. I’ve never owned a new pin, so I’m looking forward to that new pin smell

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’m planning on purchasing a NIB Dialed In. Is the LE worth the $1000 more than the standard? What are the major improvements for the LE over the standard? I want your advice

Unlike Stern, JJP actually gives you your money's worth on upgrading from a Standard to an LE. If you price out the upgrades, you come pretty close to $1000 of value.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I've got an LE on the pinside market right now for $7800.

#25 6 years ago

the ramps make me say go for the le

the other features are nice but I love those ramp lights on the one I play on location

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I've got an LE on the pinside market right now for $7800.

Thanks, that’s a nice price, but I’ve got a local distributor than will take my tron as a trade and pay the difference.

#27 6 years ago

I like the look of the Standard better but + I like saving monies; but either way you'll be happy.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Thanks, that’s a nice price, but I’ve got a local distributor than will take my tron as a trade and pay the difference.

Haha! I wasn't offering to sell it to you on the other side of the country, just pointing out that a nice Dialed In LE can be had used for $7800, rather than $8000-8300.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Still waiting on mine

Same here. Mine came with an IOU.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

How much are you getting for your TRON?

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Haha! I wasn't offering to sell it to you on the other side of the country, just pointing out that a nice Dialed In LE can be had used for $7800, rather than $8000-8300.

It's meaningless if you have to pay $4-500 to ship. Winds up being the same thing if you can find one local.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

It's meaningless if you have to pay $4-500 to ship. Winds up being the same thing if you can find one local.

Wow. THE POINT is if they're $7800 here then you're likely to find a $7800 one WHERE YOU ARE, TOO. CA is generally more expensive anyway, so it might be even less. That's all.

#34 6 years ago

Me personally, I like the feeling of cold hard steel under my fingers when I play pinball. DISE all the way.

I made a little table with all the additional features of the LE and had a column for both the most and the least I would be willing to pay if I could buy each feature individually. Added up the columns to see if the LE was worth it to me.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from smognote:

That hasn't come with any les yet that I have seen?

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’m trading my tron plus cash for NIB. I’ve never owned a new pin, so I’m looking forward to that new pin smell

Congratulations on first NIB. Such a great feeling and yours will be a JJP. Added bonus. Enjoy.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow. THE POINT is if they're $7800 here then you're likely to find a $7800 one WHERE YOU ARE, TOO. CA is generally more expensive anyway, so it might be even less. That's all.

I think the $7800 for a used LE is not the norm.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

No, it's a great price. But not the only time that machine has been at this level.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

It's just you dont' see them for sale much (yet?)

2 years later
#40 3 years ago

Pick up flawless SE for 6k

Excellent machine at a radical price.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Pick up flawless SE for 6k
Excellent machine at a radical price.

Great game at a great price!Let us all know wat you think.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 22.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-standard-or-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.