• 42 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by KingBW
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DialedIn-Rulesheet Rev 0.4.pdf (PDF preview)
DIRules (resized).JPG
DialedIn-Rulesheet Rev 0.3.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tiesmasc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

This thread will be for discussion, development, and distribution of a Dialed In! Rulesheet.

This first post in the thread will always link to the latest version for easy reference.

The latest version is currently here --> https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-rulesheet#post-3851000

#2 6 years ago

First draft... very rough... need help but let's start that process.

DialedIn-Rulesheet Rev 0.3.pdfDialedIn-Rulesheet Rev 0.3.pdf

Special thanks to Buffalo Pinball's 3 hour podcast showcasing the v1.0 code at

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Nice job
FYI - "Please forgive the black and white tone of the playfield. It was the only way I could make the reference numbers stand out. "
It's just the normal colored pic with no reference numbers.

Yeah... putting the numbers on there takes a long time so I'm deferring that until the next revision. Wanted to get this out sooner than later.

FYI: That is also a pic of the prototype playfield as I haven't found any high res photos of the final playfield. (Same for rulecard)

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

There is one here you can use.
LTG : )

Thank you!!! I'm planning on it... and hobbit... just have so little time compared to when I was single and without kids.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What do the spiders do?

This is alluded to in the rulesheet based upon the below:

I've observed that when you hit a spider it shows up on the screen and gives a spider value... if you hit it again it increases the spider value. Same for Kilowatts (from hitting QED) and Transits (from hitting one or both ramps - don't know which). I've seen Transits collected at the theater. I'd GUESS you also have to hit the theater to collect spiders and kilowatts.

The other thing I noticed is that say you hit a spider... if you hit a kilowatt or transit before collecting then it switches to that... so I think after hitting the spider you have to collect at theater before hitting a ramp or QED!!! (Unless maybe you can use the flippers to cycle through what is lit for collect at the theater...) In the end... a lot of guessing without verification so far.

From the Manual:

After collecting 3 spiders you will get the "Spider Spinner" feature. [I have no clue what that is but would guess a high scoring spinner for a certain amount of time.]

After collecting 3 Kilowatts you will get the "Kilowatt Drops" feature. [I have no clue what this is.]

After collecting 3 Transits you will get the "Train Bash" feature. [This was in the 3 hour video: During Train Bash you must hit the door (image in theater) to collect a transit bonus. (I think 3 hits are required to collect the bonus and then you've bashed open the door and get the chance to bash a new door... probably times out).]

#16 6 years ago

Thanks everyone... keep the feedback coming!

Also, I'd love it if someone could scan or photo the "final" rulecard and post it here or PM me.

#23 6 years ago

New version with many updates and corrections... but still likely many errors and omissions. Spoiler alert in that details on wizard modes were added.

DialedIn-Rulesheet Rev 0.4.pdfDialedIn-Rulesheet Rev 0.4.pdf

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Is it fair to say that the theme isn't 'cell phones', but 'disaster movie'?

I'd agree with that.

4 months later
#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Is this rulesheet still being developed?

Yes but it depends upon others contributing as I don't own a game myself and haven't had to time to figure out all the nuances.

For now I'd say the tilt forums version (which I originated with the same text as the original version of this rulesheet) is the most up to date (and likely where I'd start from with an update).

Scott

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tiesmasc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-rulesheet?tu=tiesmasc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.