By tiesmasc

5 months ago

Stats

• 40 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 month ago by Pinballomatic
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DialedIn-Rulesheet Rev 0.4.pdf (PDF preview)
DIRules (resized).JPG
DialedIn-Rulesheet Rev 0.3.pdf (PDF preview)

#1 5 months ago

This thread will be for discussion, development, and distribution of a Dialed In! Rulesheet.

This first post in the thread will always link to the latest version for easy reference.

The latest version is currently here --> https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-rulesheet#post-3851000

#2 5 months ago

First draft... very rough... need help but let's start that process.

DialedIn-Rulesheet Rev 0.3.pdf

Special thanks to Buffalo Pinball's 3 hour podcast showcasing the v1.0 code at » YouTube video

#3 5 months ago

Nice job

FYI - "Please forgive the black and white tone of the playfield. It was the only way I could make the reference numbers stand out. "

It's just the normal colored pic with no reference numbers.

#4 5 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Nice job
FYI - "Please forgive the black and white tone of the playfield. It was the only way I could make the reference numbers stand out. "
It's just the normal colored pic with no reference numbers.

Yeah... putting the numbers on there takes a long time so I'm deferring that until the next revision. Wanted to get this out sooner than later.

FYI: That is also a pic of the prototype playfield as I haven't found any high res photos of the final playfield. (Same for rulecard)

#5 5 months ago

Awesome thank you.... sld have ny game soon.

#6 5 months ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

FYI: That is also a pic of the prototype playfield as I haven't found any high res photos of the final playfield. (Same for rulecard)

There is one here you can use.

LTG : )

#7 5 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

There is one here you can use.

Thank you!!! I'm planning on it... and hobbit... just have so little time compared to when I was single and without kids.

#8 5 months ago

Very cool.

Thank you for putting this together.

#9 5 months ago

Does anyone have any good strategies for maximizing points yet? I've put 20-30 plays on location now and generally try to start and complete modes and collect "Big Bang" to finish them and play multiball when I can but I don't have a strategy as far as what to stack with what. Is there a playfield multiplier or way to skyrocket the big bang jackpot or is it generally just the 50k or so value? Is there much in terms of risk/reward strategy? I did have one 2.5 million point game but generally it seems my other good games top out around a million.

#10 5 months ago

What do the spiders do?

#11 5 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What do the spiders do?

Haven't got that fact from either this or the 3 hour video

#12 5 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What do the spiders do?

This is alluded to in the rulesheet based upon the below:

I've observed that when you hit a spider it shows up on the screen and gives a spider value... if you hit it again it increases the spider value. Same for Kilowatts (from hitting QED) and Transits (from hitting one or both ramps - don't know which). I've seen Transits collected at the theater. I'd GUESS you also have to hit the theater to collect spiders and kilowatts.

The other thing I noticed is that say you hit a spider... if you hit a kilowatt or transit before collecting then it switches to that... so I think after hitting the spider you have to collect at theater before hitting a ramp or QED!!! (Unless maybe you can use the flippers to cycle through what is lit for collect at the theater...) In the end... a lot of guessing without verification so far.

From the Manual:

After collecting 3 spiders you will get the "Spider Spinner" feature. [I have no clue what that is but would guess a high scoring spinner for a certain amount of time.]

After collecting 3 Kilowatts you will get the "Kilowatt Drops" feature. [I have no clue what this is.]

After collecting 3 Transits you will get the "Train Bash" feature. [This was in the 3 hour video: During Train Bash you must hit the door (image in theater) to collect a transit bonus. (I think 3 hits are required to collect the bonus and then you've bashed open the door and get the chance to bash a new door... probably times out).]

#13 5 months ago

Theres alot going on in this game and still lots of things to discover in the software.

#14 5 months ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

Thank you!!! I'm planning on it... and hobbit... just have so little time compared to when I was single and without kids.

The disasters you're missing for the rule sheet:
Sinkholes
Earth Shaker
Tidal Wave

#15 5 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

The disasters you're missing for the rule sheet:
Sinkholes
Earth Shaker
Tidal Wave

I used the rule sheet this weekend. My high score now is 2.1 million.

#16 5 months ago

Thanks everyone... keep the feedback coming!

Also, I'd love it if someone could scan or photo the "final" rulecard and post it here or PM me.

#17 5 months ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

photo the "final" rulecard

DIRules (resized).JPG

#18 5 months ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

First draft... very rough... need help but let's start that process.

Special thanks to Buffalo Pinball's 3 hour podcast showcasing the v1.0 code at » YouTube video

Glad the stream was helpful. Thanks for putting this together! Can't wait to get my DILE.

#19 5 months ago

Is there a specific place in the stream where they do a tutorial?

#20 5 months ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Is there a specific place in the stream where they do a tutorial?

After the intro it's the first thing we do every episode

#21 5 months ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

After the intro it's the first thing we do every episode

Ah! Maybe I should try watching the video before asking dumb questions.

#22 5 months ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Maybe I should try watching the video before asking dumb questions.

No. Everyone is making mistakes today. Must be something in the air.

#23 5 months ago

New version with many updates and corrections... but still likely many errors and omissions. Spoiler alert in that details on wizard modes were added.

DialedIn-Rulesheet Rev 0.4.pdf

#24 5 months ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

New version with many updates and corrections... but still likely many errors and omissions. Spoiler alert in that details on wizard modes were added.

I assume you watched the gameplay from Pinball Done Quick to help with this? Joe got to Showdown and I got to Armageddon. Cool stuff It's at http://twitch.tv/mlpinball if you missed it

#25 5 months ago

Is it fair to say that the theme isn't 'cell phones', but 'disaster movie'?

#26 5 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I'd agree with that.

#27 5 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I thought the court ruling was Mom Jeans?
Which is strange because if the theme was "middle aged overweight dude in Jorts with his t-shirt tucked it in" it would have been a massive hit

#28 5 months ago

curious if Keith was involved with the code? Pinside database says Ted Estes (only)

#29 5 months ago

Pretty sure Keith was on the team but Ted was the lead.

#30 5 months ago

You are missing a guy on code still for DI.

#31 5 months ago

So I read through the rulesheet last night and learned a little more about the game then played a few. One thing I noticed is the rulesheet says the phone will charge slowly if you go in the phone scoop, but I paid attention to this on multiple shots and it did not charge anymore at all; same level when ball came out as when it went in. This is a very small detail, but the phone's name is spelled incorrectly, it's supposed to be Mandi, which I can't remember what it stands for, only heard her say what it stands for once, but I think it's a reference to Safecracker where Candy stands for something also; the voice talent is also the same for both games.

I would like to see more detail on the Under Attack multiball because I don't have it figured out yet. In particular sometimes the phone says double tap flippers to cancel multiball, sometimes this works for me and sometimes it doesn't, I think I am missing something. It seems like sometimes, maybe if you double flip the flippers as soon as it says it you can opt out of multiball, other times it just silences the phone, but start MB is still on the phone and doesn't seem like you can start a mode until you run through multiball.

Kudos to tiemasc for putting the rulesheet together and also to the JJP team for making fun, semi-complex rules for this game.

#32 5 months ago
Quoted from pindude80:

So I read through the rulesheet last night and learned a little more about the game then played a few. One thing I noticed is the rulesheet says the phone will charge slowly if you go in the phone scoop, but I paid attention to this on multiple shots and it did not charge anymore at all; same level when ball came out as when it went in. This is a very small detail, but the phone's name is spelled incorrectly, it's supposed to be Mandi, which I can't remember what it stands for, only heard her say what it stands for once, but I think it's a reference to Safecracker where Candy stands for something also; the voice talent is also the same for both games.
I would like to see more detail on the Under Attack multiball because I don't have it figured out yet. In particular sometimes the phone says double tap flippers to cancel multiball, sometimes this works for me and sometimes it doesn't, I think I am missing something. It seems like sometimes, maybe if you double flip the flippers as soon as it says it you can opt out of multiball, other times it just silences the phone, but start MB is still on the phone and doesn't seem like you can start a mode until you run through multiball.
Kudos to tiemasc for putting the rulesheet together and also to the JJP team for making fun, semi-complex rules for this game.

I think you only get one shot at double tap. If you lose your ball before starting a mode or multiball, on your next ball you won't have the option to double tap, and your only choice is to start a multiball without a mode.

#33 5 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think you only get one shot at double tap. If you lose your ball before starting a mode or multiball, on your next ball you won't have the option to double tap, and your only choice is to start a multiball without a mode.

Ok, this makes sense. What do you mean "one shot at double tap?" You can only did it once per game?

#34 5 months ago

I haven't got the double tap to work/also haven't noticed the phone say/display that before multi ball starts but I like that idea. I always liked how in Goldeneye you could hold down the trigger on the gun launcher (could be both flippers at the same time for DI) to cancel one multi ball in favor of risking it for another. Aerosmith gives you a display screen and a countdown I think, I like it being more on the go and harder to pull off. Only having the ability to use that feature once per game would make it valuable, even more so if the value of the multi ball jackpot goes up every time you play it.

Same for me with shooting the phone not slowing charging. I did hit something earlier that charged the phone very little (1%) and I think it was the sim card scoop or the big bang shot, but not totally sure. Hopefully getting some more games in tomorrow and will pay closer attention to this, I didn't read the rules posted here until now. Thanks for the work thus far.

3 months later
#35 33 days ago

Is this rulesheet still being developed?

#36 33 days ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Is this rulesheet still being developed?

Yes but it depends upon others contributing as I don't own a game myself and haven't had to time to figure out all the nuances.

For now I'd say the tilt forums version (which I originated with the same text as the original version of this rulesheet) is the most up to date (and likely where I'd start from with an update).

Scott

#37 32 days ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

For now I'd say the tilt forums version (which I originated with the same text as the original version of this rulesheet) is the most up to date (and likely where I'd start from with an update).

http://tiltforums.com/t/dialed-in-rulesheet-wiki/2855

#38 32 days ago

I need to get off my a$$ and whip something up for this. I've been very busy IRL for a while, but that project may settle down shortly and give me time to pop the glass off and start making notes.

#39 32 days ago

So has anyone heard anything about the progress on the printed manuals for the LE and CE buyers?

#40 32 days ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

So has anyone heard anything about the progress on the printed manuals for the LE and CE buyers?

Still in the works. Definitely coming. Shouldn't be long now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 21.00
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
£ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 74.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside