Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Cloud7
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Can someone explain Radcals for me? Are they just "better" decals on the machine? Is it an aesthetic thing, durability thing or both?

#2 7 years ago

There's a thread about the Hobbit rad-cals that may explain them a bit better than I can, plus a video in the link. If I could sum them up, I'd call them super high resolution printed cabinet art decals with a nice glossy laminate like finish.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-new-decals-called-rad-cal

#3 7 years ago

FWIW I thought Radcals were pure gimmick when first announced. My Hobbit doesn't have them. However, I was able to see in person recently two Hobbit LEs side by side, same everything except one was Radcals and one regular and I must say they do look pretty cool up close.

#4 7 years ago

I have a Dialed In LE on deposit and am trying to decide if they're worth the $400 price tag.

#5 7 years ago

Considering how much nicer they look than standard replacement decal sets for other games which average around $300, rad-cals aren't really much more expensive in that regard, plus the enhanced art really does look amazing.

#6 7 years ago

I guess my next question would be if they're factory installed?

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

I guess my next question would be if they're factory installed?

while they can be installed later, the $400 charge includes installation at the factory. If you were going to do it, then I would do it at the factory. The Hobbit LE that i delivered down your way last week had them installed and they do look great.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

while they can be installed later, the $400 charge includes installation at the factory. If you were going to do it, then I would do it at the factory. The Hobbit LE that i delivered down your way last week had them installed and they do look great.

Ok, good to know!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-radcals and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.