• Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1677 (resized).JPG
IMG_1676 (resized).JPG
IMG_1675 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago

These proto games have had the snot played out of them so that things like this cld be addressed on the production pins......

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from QuietEarp:

I noticed a lot of wear by the scoop on the game that made it to PAGG. I am assuming it had the snot played out of it, but it was definitely noticeable.

Unfortunately this will happen on any new game without protection and a shit ton of plays on it.

#12 6 years ago

Best thing to do is wait to hear from production game owner's . Lets see how they hold up over 300-400 hundred plays......

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

PF protector? If people are that worried about it doesn't JJP sell a PF protector that they will install at the factory? I really don't see the issue.
The quality argument should be put to bed. These are pinball machines and are going to have issues, I don't care who is making them.
"Both WOZ & Hobbit. I pulled both out of the arcade due to operational issues that I'm not willing to invest my time into right now. WOZ playfield has multiple areas of wear down through the playfield print. JJP has pre-printed adhesives with mylar to cover these high wear areas.
All of the pins currently on route (20) are Stern. Ironman VE at NYNY is rolling past 30,000 plays this month. ST Prem, AC/DC pro, Metallica pro, Avatar LE, & TWD Pro are all rolling north of 20,000 plays this month as well."
Freemont Arcade in Vegas

I meant cliffys /mantis protectors . All newer pins that ive seen with alot of plays without them have some kind of damage at scoops and drain area. The playfield protector is not needed imo.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Didn't the protos have the different backbox art with the guy holding the cell phone? Either way it's a smart idea to put mylar down in the shooter lane and drain hole just in case.

Yep but there were still other newer test machines for shows /distributors. Regardless all newer pins sld have eaither mylar, mantis or cliffys protectors added to scoops , magnet area and drain areas.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

They are prototypes. They're the same machines that were at TPF and Pinball Showdown. They've been making the rounds for a while. No production games have made it to any shows yet.

Correct .. production di just started shipping in the last few weeks and they have only made 20-30 so far.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-quality-issues?tu=bigd1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.