• Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1677 (resized).JPG
IMG_1676 (resized).JPG
IMG_1675 (resized).JPG
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Went to Arapaho bowling center today in Denver and they had 2 dialed in games!

Overall the game is fun I definitely enjoyed it but was amazed at the quality issues.

Look at these photos of the play field

IMG_1675 (resized).JPGIMG_1675 (resized).JPG
IMG_1676 (resized).JPGIMG_1676 (resized).JPG
IMG_1677 (resized).JPGIMG_1677 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Yikes. Hopefully JJP can acknowledge this issue and say what's going on.

#3 6 years ago

Is this a new game from the officially shipped stuff off of the line or a prototype machine that's been on tour?

#4 6 years ago

That's a proto and has a proto playfield and thousands of plays.

#5 6 years ago

Also saw playfield chipping on the demo unit at our local distributor (located by the drain, behind the flippers).
I wouldn't think twice about this until it's proven that it's a recent production unit.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

That's a proto and has a proto playfield and thousands of plays.

And a ton of moves. It's not just the play count but the number of times the game has broken down toss in a vehicle and then reset up. That puts a lot of ware on a machine.

#7 6 years ago

These proto games have had the snot played out of them so that things like this cld be addressed on the production pins......

#8 6 years ago

I noticed a lot of wear by the scoop on the game that made it to PAGG. I am assuming it had the snot played out of it, but it was definitely noticeable.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from QuietEarp:

I noticed a lot of wear by the scoop on the game that made it to PAGG. I am assuming it had the snot played out of it, but it was definitely noticeable.

Unfortunately this will happen on any new game without protection and a shit ton of plays on it.

#10 6 years ago

Didn't the protos have the different backbox art with the guy holding the cell phone? Either way it's a smart idea to put mylar down in the shooter lane and drain hole just in case.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Unfortunately this will happen on any new game without protection and a shit ton of plays on it.

PF protector? If people are that worried about it doesn't JJP sell a PF protector that they will install at the factory? I really don't see the issue.

The quality argument should be put to bed. These are pinball machines and are going to have issues, I don't care who is making them.

"Both WOZ & Hobbit. I pulled both out of the arcade due to operational issues that I'm not willing to invest my time into right now. WOZ playfield has multiple areas of wear down through the playfield print. JJP has pre-printed adhesives with mylar to cover these high wear areas.
All of the pins currently on route (20) are Stern. Ironman VE at NYNY is rolling past 30,000 plays this month. ST Prem, AC/DC pro, Metallica pro, Avatar LE, & TWD Pro are all rolling north of 20,000 plays this month as well."

Freemont Arcade in Vegas

#12 6 years ago

Best thing to do is wait to hear from production game owner's . Lets see how they hold up over 300-400 hundred plays......

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Didn't the protos have the different backbox art with the guy holding the cell phone? Either way it's a smart idea to put mylar down in the shooter lane and drain hole just in case.

Yep, doesn't look like a proto to me, new back box side art.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

PF protector? If people are that worried about it doesn't JJP sell a PF protector that they will install at the factory? I really don't see the issue.
The quality argument should be put to bed. These are pinball machines and are going to have issues, I don't care who is making them.
"Both WOZ & Hobbit. I pulled both out of the arcade due to operational issues that I'm not willing to invest my time into right now. WOZ playfield has multiple areas of wear down through the playfield print. JJP has pre-printed adhesives with mylar to cover these high wear areas.
All of the pins currently on route (20) are Stern. Ironman VE at NYNY is rolling past 30,000 plays this month. ST Prem, AC/DC pro, Metallica pro, Avatar LE, & TWD Pro are all rolling north of 20,000 plays this month as well."
Freemont Arcade in Vegas

I meant cliffys /mantis protectors . All newer pins that ive seen with alot of plays without them have some kind of damage at scoops and drain area. The playfield protector is not needed imo.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I meant cliffys /mantis protectors . All newer pins that ive seen with alot of plays without them have some kind of damage at scoops and drain area. The playfield protector is not needed imo.

Totally agree, i would never put a full PF protector on a pin myself.

If you put 30,000 plays on it you can always have it restored later

#16 6 years ago

They are prototypes. They're the same machines that were at TPF and Pinball Showdown. They've been making the rounds for a while. No production games have made it to any shows yet.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Yep but there were still other newer test machines for shows /distributors. Regardless all newer pins sld have eaither mylar, mantis or cliffys protectors added to scoops , magnet area and drain areas.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There are two games there, one is a production game and one is a proto. We only see the side art of the production game.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

There are two games there, one is a production game and one is a proto. We only see the side art of the production game.

Both are prototypes. One just got updated art applied later. I asked about the games specifically at TPF. Jack said they were both test games.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

They are prototypes. They're the same machines that were at TPF and Pinball Showdown. They've been making the rounds for a while. No production games have made it to any shows yet.

Correct .. production di just started shipping in the last few weeks and they have only made 20-30 so far.

#21 6 years ago

Prototypes which are not made the same standards as production games. I've played a prototype Dialed In myself and it had severe wear at the scoop. I thought someone from JJP said that the prototype games did not have Mirco playfields installed?

#22 6 years ago

I can confirm that these are the PROTOTYPE machines that I personally brought to the Denver show. Yes, they have the update backbox side art, but they are still prototypes.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well sounds like you were wrong

Quoted from KingPinGames:

I can confirm that these are the PROTOTYPE machines that I personally brought to the Denver show. Yes, they have the update backbox side art, but they are still prototypes.

#24 6 years ago

I think you will find proto's have digital printed playfields and cleared not the same as production games.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

I think you will find proto's have digital printed playfields and cleared not the same as production games.

That would make sense from the pictures. It looks like the kind of artwork lifting you get with digital printed playfields.

#26 6 years ago

Screen print seeps into the wood, digital sits on top of the wood

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Went to Arapaho bowling center today in Denver and they had 2 dialed in games!
Overall the game is fun I definitely enjoyed it but was amazed at the quality issues.
Look at these photos of the play field

these are PROTOYPE games and pretty sad that you come here purposefully trying to start drama when you either already knew they were prototypes or were iggnorant to it and did not take 2 minutes to call the operator or ask any of the local pinheads. they all could have told you the reality.

I think the thread title should be edited to clarify these are prototype games.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

these are PROTOYPE games and pretty sad that you come here purposefully trying to start drama when you either already knew they were prototypes or were iggnorant to it and did not take 2 minutes to call the operator or ask any of the local pinheads. they all could have told you the reality.
I think the thread title should be edited to clarify these are prototype games.

Calm down...

1 how am I suppose to know their prototype games... these games just recently showed up and I know they recently started shipping.

2. Contact the owner? And how am I suppose to do that? No phone number anywhere...My best guess was to try pinside that's what I did. If these are Prototype games they shouldn't be out in the field... gives JerseyJack a poor image because someone like me who doesn't know every little detail about pinball will think this is a game someone spent $8,000 dollars on and a few weeks later looks like this.

Looks like the problem has been solved.
I'm not trying to bash anyone... games fun I definitely recommend it.

#29 6 years ago

Then retitle your thread now that you know they are Prototypes.

If you made an honest mistake in assuming these were production games then that is a siple fix.

Since games starting shipping this past week, I think it is pretty obvious that any game would not be able to sustain that amount of wear.
(if a game can get that much play in a single week, then sign me up for 5 of them lol)

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

And a ton of moves. It's not just the play count but the number of times the game has broken down toss in a vehicle and then reset up. That puts a lot of ware on a machine.

Normally I respect your wisdom, but how on earth does moving a game around to different locations affect playfield wear? (which was the reported issue here).

Its not like if I drag a game around the country, repeatedly set it up, but put no plays its going to get standard shooter lane wear and dimpling . Unless I am doing something very wrong...

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Normally I respect your wisdom, but how on earth does moving a game around to different locations affect playfield wear? (which was the reported issue here).
Its not like if I drag a game around the country, repeatedly set it up, but put no plays its going to get standard shooter lane wear and dimpling . Unless I am doing something very wrong...

Believe it or not it's true (obviously you are correct about the shooter lane and dimpling, but other playfield ware can be due to exceedingly frequent breakdown and transportation which happens with games made to be taken to show after show and barcaid after barcaid).

Plastics can break when moving a game. Screws come out and GI gets disturbed putting more debris of various sorts on the playfield, increased debris increases playfield damage directly. Get an LED clogged in a scoop and watch how much faster the scoop gets chunks taken out of it when you start playing it. A game traveling around the country is also dumped into different tempartures and humidity levels every weak, consistent quick tenparture and moisture level changes can impact all kinds of things weakening parts of the playfield.

#32 6 years ago

Shit stirring Topic drained!

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

gives JerseyJack a poor image because someone like me who doesn't know every little detail about pinball will think this is a game someone spent $8,000 dollars on and a few weeks later looks like this.

Most people (especially casuals) will probably just play the game and not even notice the outhole wear.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Looks like the problem has been solved.
I'm not trying to bash anyone... games fun I definitely recommend it.

Thank you for adjusting the topic title and bringing this to our attention so other people are not confused by what they see.

If anyone is looking to pick one up let me know. Production has started and machines are shipping.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Believe it or not it's true (obviously you are correct about the shooter lane and dimpling, but other playfield ware can be due to exceedingly frequent breakdown and transportation which happens with games made to be taken to show after show and barcaid after barcaid).
Plastics can break when moving a game. Screws come out and GI gets disturbed putting more debris of various sorts on the playfield, increased debris increases playfield damage directly. Get an LED clogged in a scoop and watch how much faster the scoop gets chunks taken out of it when you start playing it. A game traveling around the country is also dumped into different tempartures and humidity levels every weak, consistent quick tenparture and moisture level changes can impact all kinds of things weakening parts of the playfield.

Yikes! Fair enough. My hat goes off to all those who bring their gakes to shows.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Thank you for adjusting the topic title and bringing this to our attention so other people are not confused by what they see.
If anyone is looking to pick one up let me know. Production has started and machines are shipping.

I stopped out and played a new production machine last night and the game was gorgeous through and through! I really don't think any of the other companies can top JJP for fit and finish and quality feel. The game just feels solid like a WPC game and plays like a dream!

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Do the production games come with scoop/drain/magnet protection or are buyers stuck with the after-market add-on hassle as with Stern?

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Do the production games come with scoop/drain/magnet protection or are buyers stuck with the after-market add-on hassle as with Stern?

On Aerosmith their are cliffy protectors from the factory on both holes even on a pro

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

On Aerosmith their are cliff protectors from the factory in both holes even on a pro

Yeah, they started this recently. It's a nice addition. I wish they hadn't just ripped off Cliffy's design and had contracted with him, but whatever...

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Yeah, they started this recently. It's a nice addition. I wish they hadn't just ripped off Cliffy's design and had contracted with him, but whatever...

Agree. It was great not having to deal with installing protectors on either scoop on Ghostbusters Premium. Finally a change from Stern that actually benefits customers.

Every manufacturer should put Cliffys on their games scoops / kickouts as it tends to be a pain in the ass to install them.

#41 6 years ago

Remind me to never move any of my pinball machines. I'd hate to end up with this kind of playfield wear or any broken plastics.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Remind me to never move any of my pinball machines. I'd hate to end up with this kind of playfield wear or any broken plastics.

Well, these issues are obviously from just tens of thousands of plays (these games have been to several shows and events), but it's pretty common to get issues from moving a game. Anything from board issues to cracked plastics can happen.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Well, these issues are obviously from just tens of thousands of plays (these games have been to several shows and events), but it's pretty common to get issues from moving a game. Anything from board issues to cracked plastics can happen.

Cracked plastics because the balls were left in during the move?

#44 6 years ago

Board issues because the batteries were shaken and started to leak?

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Cracked plastics because the balls were left in during the move?

Absolutely can happen from that. Especially when it's not the owner setting up or breaking down the game...but rather somebody who just lugged the machine from Chicago to Dallas in a day and a half and is tired.

Quoted from o-din:

Vibrations from a bumpy trip cause all sorts of problems. You must not have seen the Silver Ball mania thread and what happened to that game in shipment from Florida last week. Transporting games can cause issues, these machines don't like being broken down and driven back and forth across the country every week for six months straight...

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

You must not have seen the Silver Ball mania thread and what happened to that game in shipment from Florida last week.

You mean a 40 year old game with no prior issues came undone while being moved around? Darn, I sure wish they had paid more attention to quality control when building this game in the first place.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Every manufacturer should put Cliffys on their games scoops / kickouts as it tends to be a pain in the ass to install them.

For Dialed-In, there is a factory option for a playing field protector. Here's the description: "The PF Protector is a thin lexan type sheet of plastic that goes on top of the wood playfield before the game is assembled"

#48 6 years ago

Both of these games are prototypes that Jersey Jack Pinball and KingPin games provided to the Rocky Mtn Pinball Showdown and they have allowed them to be put out for everyone in Colorado to play. These games have been rock solid and have been played constantly.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email me directly at [email protected]

Thanks,
Dan Nikolich

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, because of cracked solder joints, mostly. Lots of under the playfield stuff can happen too. Wires coming off of lugs, plastics can crack from vibration if they're screwed down a bit too tight, dust can get into switch contacts, and all sorts of other little things. Yes, moving a game can create a lot of problems.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

No, because of cracked solder joints, mostly. Lots of under the playfield stuff can happen too. Wires coming off of lugs, plastics can crack from vibration if they're screwed down a bit too tight, dust can get into switch contacts, and all sorts of other little things. Yes, moving a game can create a lot of problems.

hell new in box games can ship with loose stuff Every NIB stern I get has a coin mech screw loose in the box....not the cabinet, the box....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-quality-issues?hl=turtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.