(Topic ID: 196073)

Dialed In procedure for connection to iphone?

By PinMonk

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I got this to work a couple times right after the machine arrived and now I can't get it to happen at all. I THOUGHT the procedure was:

1. Load app on phone (in landscape mode with rotation lock off, or it can crash)
2. Hit start on machine
3. With ball in shooter lane hold left flipper button on physical machine until it detects the phone.

Can't get this to work now. I wish this was documented better! It should be in the attract mode on a screen.

Am I doing something wrong? What am I missing?

#2 6 years ago

Hold left flipper button on phone while holding left flipper button on game at the same time - look for icon top left corner of monitor. No Bluetooth pairing.

#3 6 years ago

Does it matter if you hold the phone button before the cabinet left one? I know I tried the Left-Left hold, but I always did the cabinet first, so maybe that's the problem?

The screen REALLY needs some prompts if it detects left flipper held, 0 score, and the ball in the shooter lane to guide you through the process. Doing this in the dark is stupid. It should be promoting the phone connection with an animated screen or two showing it anyway.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I got this to work a couple times right after the machine arrived and now I can't get it to happen at all. I THOUGHT the procedure was:
1. Load app on phone (in landscape mode with rotation lock off, or it can crash)
2. Hit start on machine
3. With ball in shooter lane hold left flipper button on physical machine until it detects the phone.
Can't get this to work now. I wish this was documented better! It should be in the attract mode on a screen.
Am I doing something wrong? What am I missing?

Actually, "Load app on phone" is Step 2.

The real Step 1 is this: Toss iPhone in the trash and get an Android.

You're welcome.

#5 6 years ago

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Actually, "Load app on phone" is Step 2.
The real Step 1 is this: Toss iPhone in the trash and get an Android.
You're welcome.

If I wanted the least secure mobile OS with the highest rate of malware infection and lowest current version adoption rate, I would have an Android phone. I don't. But thanks.

I had to hold my nose to bring an Nvidia Shield into the house because it's Android, and that's only because it's the best option in the segment and the Android version is current. But for a phone? Nuh-uh.

3 weeks later
#7 6 years ago

So I don't know if it's in my head or reality, but after a lot of trial and error, it seems like hitting the left flipper button and holding it on the app slightly BEFORE the left machine button is pressed and held seems to give the most reliable connections to Dialed In and prompts the connection box in the upper corner of the display.

#8 6 years ago

The app and connection is a buggy POS.

1 month later
#9 6 years ago

I got it to work. Even in version 1.13 they have no indication that it is connected. No instructions at all! The casual player on route would have no idea that this is a feature.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I got it to work. Even in version 1.13 they have no indication that it is connected. No instructions at all! The casual player on route would have no idea that this is a feature.

I put a little cheat sheet on the apron to help players on the route figure it out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-procedure-for-connection-to-iphone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.