Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Kalipin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphs007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 5 years ago

My new phone came two days ago, but I haven't replaced it yet.This will be the fifth phone,(the original,and four replacements)and hopefully the last phone,I'll need to replace. Two days ago,my phone blacked out on me,and then it came back on during my game. This never happened before,usually once it blacks out,I have to restart my game,to get it to come back on? The phone displayed "VGA" in a small blue box, and then the phone started working again?
    My buddy and I played for three hours last night,and it only blacked out once.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinstyle:

So it looks like my phone is starting to get a little wonky, the game is only two weeks old. Today when I fired it up I noticed the brightness seems to be adjusted higher and the colors are washing out. There is also a pinkish hue to certain colors. It basically looks like crap now. I am running 1.57.
    Is this I sign my phone is on its way out? Is there anything I need to look at? I have looked at all the connections other than the connections inside the phone itself.

My last phone did this,and then it stopped working several days latter.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinstyle:

I guess that means its on its way out. I reached out to JJP so i am sure they will send a replacement. It would be nice to know the underlying problem though.
    I noticed the way the internal VGA cable is routed is not the greatest. It looks like they do not utilize the cutout in the LED board for routing. As a result the connector at the board is stressed, the cable pushs down on the connector. I wonder if this is causing issues after a while.

I think the problem with the phone is the best kept secret in all of pinball.I have zero confidence,that my new phone is gonna be any better than the ones Ive already had.
    I've grown used to the feeling of replacing a phone,and then that sick feeling you get when the new one blacks out too.

1 week later
    #19 5 years ago

Replaced my phone today, so far so good. Hopefully,this one's a keeper.

#21 5 years ago

Please don't tell anyone,but I thought the pinball machine knew the phone was broken. The new phone has been working like it should,sweet!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphs007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-phone-issue?tu=ralphs007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.