Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pindude80
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindude80.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I thought it would be cool to start a thread that points out the references/similarities that Pat and the JJP team have built into the game that was on previous titles Pat did. I'll start with a few: 1.)the voice of Mandi is also the voice of Candy on Safecracker and both of their names are acronyms, but can't remember what they stand for off the top of my head 2.) the classic Lawlor left ramp hit by the upper right flipper for a Jackpot shot as seen in Addams Family and Whirlwind; it's the opposite on Earthshaker where there is a left upper flipper that feeds a right ramp 3.) the cell phone scoop reminds me and feels like slot machine scoop on TZ where it can be fore or back-handed, but not as close to the player, but it's not as punishing on missed shots. 4.) Characters have that Road Show look to them 5.) the game is great and hard to quit playing and that's why I'm tired today at work

I'm sure there are many others, but those are the ones that were on my mind.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But there's lots of stuff in the software and art that's cute. There are whirlwind and earthshaker modes. There's construction stuff and clanging bells reminiscent of Roadshow.

I was going to say the whirlwind and earthshaker modes, but didn't want to point out all of them I knew. I don't have much experience on Road Show and am not familiar with the clanging bells, but when are they present on DI?

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

The skill shot on DI is a lot like Funhouse's Rudy's hide out skill shot. Ball gets plunged but not all the way and backs up into a small area behind the theater/head.
Also the DI back glass has a red button (a few actually) which can be found on a lot of Pats games back glasses.

Yes, this also! Much like the trap door! I have never noticed the red button, I'll have to look for it on DI, do you know if it's on TZ? I will have to look, I've never seen it, but there is so much on that backglass it would be easy to miss.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Also has the Cousin It/Hot dog target, with more importance than any previous Lawlor game.
Like I said, very little playfield layout is "new" on this game, but that's not the point. It's the package.

Right, I was thinking the same thing that the light big bang targets are in a similar area as the Cousin It targets on TAF. I think it's cool that he incorporates these into his games, but in different ways. It might not be "new" but definitely doesn't have a "recycled" feel.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm guessing it has a shaker motor just like Earthshaker does.

yep, sure does. I am pretty certain the SE also has the shaker, would make sense.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Or the last official WMS-released TZ ROM revision.

Hmm, maybe double meaning, but I would lean more towards the last TZ Rom, good thinking on that, I never would have thought of it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindude80.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-pat-lawlor-references-and-throwbacks?tu=pindude80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.