Topic Stats

• 9,061 posts
  • 494 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 minutes ago by altan
  • Topic is favorited by 165 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,088 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DI CLIP (resized).jpg
DI1 (resized).jpg
DI2 (resized).jpg
DI4 (resized).jpg
69372CE8-CD3A-4BBA-83ED-0A9FAFD64120 (resized).jpeg
568A8AB3-9D97-47E8-AA46-E8F17CEE6CF1 (resized).jpeg
diflash (resized).jpg
99121346-CA6A-4DFC-8201-4E64F2D70934 (resized).jpeg
di-decals-sample (resized).jpg
decals4 (resized).jpg
decals2 (resized).jpg
decals1 (resized).jpg
decals0 (resized).jpg
E7AA35A9-DCF8-41E0-BF0E-55B48A51044D (resized).jpeg
20190828_143115 (resized).jpg
20190814_142930 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (2 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (1 year ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (1 year ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (1 year ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (1 year ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (1 year ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (1 year ago)

Post #1253 Velcro fix for right ramp hangup Posted by cooked71 (1 year ago)

Post #1258 Detailed pictures for adjusting a misbehaving trap door Posted by foobeer (1 year ago)

Post #1332 Getting access to computer in backbox on Dialed In Posted by hank527 (1 year ago)

Post #1347 Ball trap location. Posted by Kevlar (1 year ago)

Post #1377 Fix for USB at the coin door not working Posted by Pinhead1982 (1 year ago)

Post #1391 Fix for Tilt Bob not working all of a sudden Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #1431 Adjustment point to grease for trap door to operate smoothly Posted by LTG (1 year ago)

Post #1451 Adjusting arm on Quantum Mechanic Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #2507 How to get in backbox to check audio connections Posted by pinstadium (1 year ago)

Post #2661 DIY Lighting how-to for sides of Dialed In backglass Posted by lyonsden (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zampinator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#641 1 year ago

Dialed In #184 arrived yesterday! What a fun pin!

IMG_20171004_143317134 (resized).jpg

#643 1 year ago
Quoted from woody76:

Nice lineup, I think I want to add a LOTR to mine.

Thank You. LOTR is a great pin! A true journey each time you press start.

#702 1 year ago

Best game to date. Really enjoying this pin! So much fun!
*3 balls, factory settings.

IMG_20171009_173742983 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171009_173739423 (resized).jpg

#704 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

That's a nice score. Did you change settings to get combo score to record and is that just hitting loops?
Also can someone confirm what the theatre does if anything for shots when there is something visible?

Factory settings, the only thing I changed was flipper settings: 23,23,20.
Those are consecutive combo's(loops & ramps).
You collect what is available in the theater (hurry ups, spiders, bonuses, drops, etc.). Tons of stuff to collect & score on in the theater. It's a major part of the pin.

#707 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

thanks - I feel like I need to check settings b/c I've hit a ton of combos but never asked to record initials. You didn't change anything to record it? Maybe I haven't hit enough? So combo is left ramp followed by right ramp or left loop?
As for theatre - I understand what there is to collect but is the magnet in effect when you pick them up? For example mine turns on for drops but not everything)

Combo's are only recorded consecutively, not total for the game. Any shot that has a corresponding "combo"(loops,ramps) lights yellow. So, my 11 Combo Champ score, was 11 Combos in a row.
The theater magnet activates for most modes, but not all. I'll keep track & post what modes.

#709 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

You can also check your total combo count during a game in the info screen (holding flipper while cradling a ball). 25 total combos earns an extra ball; 100 earns another.

I did not know that. Thank you.

#711 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

didn't even know about the yellow arrows....what is the default amount before you record name b/c I've def hit left ramp right ramp back to back 7 times and no opp to record...
btw - magnet def goes off during certain modes but I was curious about the drops that appear in the theatre itself.

The inserts light yellow & start to flicker as your time is about to expire before making the next consecutive combo.
You can check your game with the flipper buttons during attract mode. I think it's 5 out of the box.

#713 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

got it. So 5 is default and 6 would get your initials? Again I think I hit 7 combos (left ramp into right loop and back to left ramp 7 times) and didn't get the initials. You didn't change any settings so you can record it? I might try it again tonight.

No, I didn't change anything but the flipper strength. 7 should have done it. I will say this, it's harder than you think. Especially if you are trying to get the combo champ. During my 2.4 million game is when I did it. I was just in the zone & railing shots one after another! lol

#747 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Question for owners. I'm considering buying a LE, but wondered about the following:
1) Does the game have depth?
2) Does it have an achievable wizard mode (unlike LOTR and TSPP)?
3) What is the build quality like?
4) Is it a family friendly game in respect to gameplay?
5) I notice that you can opt for a playfield protector. Is this Cliffy's?
Thanks

1) Incredible depth. ALL of the modes feel different, & are a blast to try to accomplish. You then need to collect the SIM Card before you drain a ball to achieve max points(multiplier). Add the "Big Bang" targets(light Big Bang, & Big Bang) to the Sim Card shot & reward, it gives each mode several layers. Really cool coding to do this, & the shots are all fun! It puts a lot of pressure on you to make that Sim Card shot. Reminds me of the scoop on Metallica when CIU is lit.

2) Detailed above perfectly by Vireland.

3) I literally laughed out loud when I unboxed it. My reaction was comparing it to the several Stern's I have bought & played over the last 2 years. The difference is literally laughable! It's like comparing a Lexus(JJP) to a Yugo (Stern).

4) Yes. My kids(15,14,12) love it! I've owned a lot of different pins over the years, & this is by far their favorite.

5) My LE came with the phone & sim card protectors installed at the factory. I had ordered the full Cliffy set when I ordered the pin. The JJP protectors look good & protect the holes well. The Sim Card protector from Cliffy goes all the way around the hole. The JJP one covers the front, left & right sides, not the back.

Overall. I couldn't be happier with this pin. It is a ton fun, it's loaded with toys & shots, & is build like a dream. It's pricey. Comparing it to Stern LE, it looks like a bargain!

#755 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What do you need to hit to light the ball lock?
For Big Bang, it lights when you complete a mode?
When are SIM cards collectible?
My high is 2.1 mil, but I’ve mostly focused on combos and completing the disaster modes.

You shoot the ramps(left,right)= lights Lock ball(side ramp). Lock 2 balls = 1st multiball.
2nd multiball & up= more ramp shots & requires 3 balls locked to start M-Ball. Phone scoop is shot to start all multiballs, except crazy Bob m-balls.

Big Bang is lit by shooting the "light Big Bang" targets(2). Similar to TAF. You then shoot Big Bang targets to collect it. Save Big Bang(50,000) during a mode! It automatically completes current mode & lights the Sim Card shot. Shoot Sim Card to Collect (100,000 +multipliers).

Sim Cards are available after any mode or achievement is 100% completed during the time given.

#769 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

guys - I need to trim a little off of the phone scoop cliffy. I realized it's grazing the ball upon exit. I've already turned the part that was catching up and it shoots fine and offers perfect protection. What is the best thing to trim/cut this extra metal off? I tried normal scissors but not strong enough. Need a small but strong precision pair. Any recs?
btw - cliffy on my GB also caused some air balls so I ended up taking them off.....

A good pair of dikes.........not that kind. This kind. Come on, focus!

diagonal-pliers-300x300 (resized).png

#771 1 year ago

Do the "pops" get stronger(voltage) as you level them up? I swear they do.

1 week later
#916 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It will happen almost every time it's lit during a mode (not EMP) or hurry up...if you're seeing it it's working right.

Volcano Mode drops it straight down as well.

#917 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

First day with the game and I already broke a million! Feels absolutely crazy on a jjp game, I was just on a real heater. I really enjoy how completing shots and modes, collecting sim cards (basically, completing things instead of just starting them), can net you huge points. Throw in some multiballs and crazy modes/bonuses, along with skill shots and super skill shots, and you can really get going.
Does anyone have any strategies for which skill shot to go for? I've been going for big points the first ball and then just trying random ones in second and third ball.

I never go for the super skill shot, unless I have already lit "Big Bang". Use that upper flipper to light "Big Bang", then start a mode & shoot the "Big Bang" target. This auto completes the mode, awards all the points, & lights Sim Card. This is the best way to try & blow up this pin up.
It's all about completing modes & collecting those super valuable Sim Cards. The Big Bang target allows us to do it with less shots made.

I've owned this pin for 2.5 weeks, I have 300 plays on it, & we as a family are absolutely loving it. It has fun for all levels of pinball players, including new ones! It's a pure gem!
Thanks JJP & PLD!

#924 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Why wouldn't you go for the super skill shot as the ball comes down from the skill shot you made? It doesn't affect big bang or anything except you get more score.

All in an effort to light Big Bang as fast as possible, that's all.

#929 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I think the Big Bang target is probably my favourite feature of the game.
Do we know for sure if using Big Bang will net the actual same amount as actually playing through the mode?

I just played several games & I was trying to keep track. It appears if you complete each shot, instead of using B.B. you get an extra 30-40,000 in points by making each individual shot. It was hard to keep track while playing, so I might be mistaken.

#941 1 year ago

That's a Crazy S.O.B. behind you! I meant CrazyLevi behind you.

#981 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ill do another video soon with newest code .... Hopefully i have a better game .....

Nice! New code! The music during the lottery ticket was different I believe. I was really hoping they were going to do a pic for high scores, so glad they added that. It's neat/fun idea for us huo families at the very least.

#985 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You didn't notice the pic it did for his HS?

I did. I just reread what I typed, & edited the grammar.

#992 1 year ago

Just had the game of my life on Dialed In!!
Factory settings w extra balls on. 2.3 million on ball one(no extra balls). 6.2 million on ball one with extra balls. Lol

Made it to Armageddon & to Final Showdown(won)! What a rush! This pin is just ridiculous!

IMG_20171024_134856439_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20171024_140501471_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20171024_141731703 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171024_141748090_TOP (resized).jpg

#994 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Anyone got a solution for the ball getting stuck on the skill shot switch? I made sure it's not dragging on the side of the switch hole but light shots are still getting stopped by the switch.

It's standing too tall, it needs to be bent down a touch.

#999 1 year ago
Quoted from andre060:

I’m often getting center drains when the theater magnet releases the ball in EMP Strike mode (which doesn’t do the usual “shadow” style ball flip up). Any fixes for this? Seems like the release should light ball save for a few seconds, but it doesn’t.

EMP mode drops the ball straight down, & then the lower magnets fling it all over. Volcano mode drops it straight down as well, plus a couple of others(drop targets, captive ball). Other than that the magnet should fling it around to the upper right flipper. If it isn't, it can be easily adjusted in the menu.

#1006 1 year ago
Quoted from andre060:

Yep in EMP Strike the magnets sometimes move the ball enough for it to not center drain, but not always. I'll try changing the magnet setting. Thanks!
Curious what folks are setting their flipper strength to? My machine came with both bottom flippers set at 18, which seems a little on the weak side. The "green" setting seems to be 21 - interesting they would have set them at lower-than-default.

#1040 1 year ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

I've been fighting with an impossible to hit Station 3 shot (statistics show no one hit it in 300 games!). I'm pretty terrible, but not that bad. After watching a bunch of videos I think my upper flipper might not adjusted just right. Can anyone confirm if this is correct or if it needs to be adjusted to swing out a bit more? If so about how far should it extend?

It looks like it needs to be adjusted out further. What does it look like in the resting position? Also, check that ramp(station 3). Mine had a wire hanging down by that ramp & the ball would hit it & slow the ball down enough to keep you from making the shot.

1 week later
#1273 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Per the JJP google group, code 1.50 should be available today pending final testing! Woo hoo!

That's great news!
Do have the link to the software updates for JJP? How different/difficult is it compared to a Stern update?
Thanks.

1 week later
#1491 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Played a couple of games tonight, and noticed that balls are shot out of the phone scoop, they now come noticeably slower than when I first started the game up.
Even had a couple of balls come right out of the scoop and straight down the middle.
Feel like everytime I turn on this game there is a new problem. Not exactly the greatest first impression of JJP.
Any suggestions?

It's the scoop. Just bend it down some, it's grazing the ramp in front of it & putting backspin on the ball.

#1537 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

My phone kickout appears to be less powerful too. Upped the coil power to 21.
I’m getting a few SDTM from the phone kickout.. anyone else have this issue?

It's grazing the wire ramp just in front of the scoop as it ejects. It's lightly hitting the bottom side of the ramp & slowing it down & putting backspin on the ball, it's hard to detect. To verify this, take the glass off & start a game. Put your index finger on the top of the ramp in front of the scoop. Put the ball in the scoop with your other hand & let it eject. If you feel any vibration from the ball hitting the bottom side of the ramp, you need to bend the tab of the scoop down until the ball does not hit the bottom side of the ramp. I did this to mine & it fixed it.
Good luck.

1 month later
#2249 1 year ago

Stacking a mode w a multiball is going to help you score some extra points for sure. But, the main way to score on this pin is finishing modes & collecting the SIM cards. The easiest way to do this is to use the Big Bang target, especially for the harder to complete modes.

1) Light Big Bang
2) Start mode
3) Shoot Big Bang target(auto completes mode)
4) Collect SIM card

The key is making the SIM card shot. It's a tight shot, with a lot of pressure on making it!

IMG_20171024_141737677 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#2580 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Mine throws the ball straight into the wireform in front of the phone eject. It hits exactly where the cross piece is welded across the rails. I wonder if that is causing damage to the balls and then playfield? Anyone else’s doing that?
I’ve turned the power right down to it but still happening.

You need to bend the scoop down slightly until it does not hit the wire form.

1 month later
#3245 1 year ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

ok- it worked- but when I rebooted and swapped back the phone worked too. This is going to be a call the plumber problem that is hard to consistently recreate
As an aside- is the music out of the headphones stereo or mono? I plugged in my good headphones and only had sound out of my left ear. Is there a software switch for stereo?
...or is that possibly not working or connected correctly? Thanks in advance!
Someone else posted this photo of the inside of the box in the head where the VGA connector is for the phone plug- I need to open mine and check that - perhaps that internal connector got loose - it appears to be an extension cable...

Yes. Also, unseat your graphics card & reseat it. Mine was loose, but didn't appear to be. That fixed it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 189.00
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zampinator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside