IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#260 6 years ago
Quoted from heryworm:

I love mine. No complaints at all. The perfect pinball.

It really is, I am enjoying mine more than any pin I own.

#275 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I have played DI on location for awhile now. The ramp that returns to the left flipper, sometimes the ball comes out of it and jumps over to the outlane. Also, Crazy Bob on a stick: Sometimes the ball will rest in the slot that Crazy Bob moves in and the machine clears it by moving Bob, or does not clear it and Bob knocks it out. Anyway, a strange issue. Good fun machine though.

They have fixed that issue on all newer games. They modified the ramp from the earlier produced games. I have a couple hundred plays on mine with no issues.

#310 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

No issue on sim shot with cliffys installed......

Good. Mine are on the way. Once I saw that pic of the JJP factory protector I called cliffy immediately. I do have over 200 plays on mine with just factory Mylar and no issues so far.

#340 6 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

For those of you that have owned yours for a month or more, how is the appeal of the gameplay holding up? Are you still loving it?

still loving mine

1 week later
#377 6 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Certainly glad I moved the "Visit Bob's when flashing" sign to be at a better angle.

What are the steps to do that?

1 week later
#474 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I sure hope the JJP protectors are done soon! Cliff is backlogged on orders for 4+ weeks at this point
Any word on when JJP will start mailing out protectors LTG?

Yea, took me 3 weeks to get my order from cliffy but I couldn't wait for JJP and take a chance on having issues. I put the sim card protector on today. Fit great and took about 30 minutes. I took the entire plastic ramp off the playfield and it made it much easier.

#497 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

I have to say I'm unimpressed with the trap door, as a mechanism - I think it's poorly designed and implemented. It's clunky, doesn't seem to hold up well, and it's an all-too-frequent ball stop: if barely_ making the left orbit (hitting the opto and then falling back) ends a disaster mode, the trap door may well open and hold the ball, requiring a ball search. (Programming suggestion: a three-second delay between the end of a disaster and the triggering of the door.)

My trap door has been flawless and I make the orbit shot all the way around 8 out of 10 times

#519 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

On my way to pick up my LE. Will be in the club soon.

Enjoy. Tons of fun

#520 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I feel the same about mine. Left seems stronger. My game says strength for flippers go to 32 but I can only put my right at 25. Is that normal? Did you guys end up rebuilding this too like the other guy? Just curious if there is another solution as these are brand new machines. Seems extreme. Mine def has power and in fact it will go around the orbit but barely - it just doesn't feel as snappy.
Also - my theatre magnet pulls the ball back up and over to the top right flipper. It's like the shadow (kind of cool - ball drops a little then gets pulled up and through to the right onto topper right flipper). Is that normal though or should it fall back down (not up)?

Your magnet is good. Just like shadow and pulls around to flipper

#558 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so after playing what has to be a ton of games on this tonight, the right flipper is good. Def was playfield height and the position of the flipper.
This game is amazing. Top 3 for me right now - could be top. It's really that good. Feels so good and you just want to play one more time. Plus I love that shadow like magnet pull in the theatre.

It really is a great game. It is in top 3 for me as well.

1 week later
#642 6 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Dialed In #184 arrived yesterday! What a fun pin!

Nice lineup, I think I want to add a LOTR to mine.

#670 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Did you place your order? If not I would...his protectors are 10X the one's JJP provides....

In my opinion, cliffy sim protector is better than jjp but jjp phone protector is better.

2 weeks later
#1071 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

It's tough to really show and capture with a camera the big difference that your eye will see when they are installed. Plus I have the lights only dialed in at 30% brightness to fill the dark sections.
This was just released and a good handful of silent observers on this post do see the need for them. Which is much appreciated and thank you for your orders!
Anyways, it's not for everyone but I think that once you put them on you wouldn't want them off. I would be more than happy to allow one of you to appoint anyone on this post (that your trust) to try them out and then do a fully transparent review of them. In fact that would be awesome and help out a lot of others reading this thread too. I know if I saw someone post something they created for a machine that they love, I would be hesitant at first and feel they are maybe biased but potentially with good reason until someone else confirms.
Feel free to PM me here as not to derail this thread further. Or go to the Pin Stadium thread to keep this appropriately contained:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/18

I think one of these kits would be great on my Shadow. I will check it out. All my other pins are pretty well lit, but as I get older and my vision goes to crap I might be needing them on more.

#1110 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Finally got to join the club yesterday. Mixed feelings on this. Love the pin, absolutely love the pin. But out of box, some issues. Split cab, damage to the decals on the head and coin door. My distributor is going to contact JJP today to determine the way ahead.

Was your shipping box messed up? Had to be shipping issues. I can't see JJP shipping that out.

#1155 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

When mine comes down off the Theater it just touches the tip of the right flipper enough to get a wide angle light shot to the left side of the playfield. It's semi close to draining but 9 out of 10 doesn't. Maybe double check the level of the playfield to make sure? Let me know how that checks out.

Yea, I think key is having the game perfectly level. Once I got mine leveled it hits tip of flipper now and no drains.

#1157 6 years ago
Quoted from Raincity:

Are you leveling left/right on the frame, or on the playfield?

I always to do the playfield

#1179 6 years ago

I had installed my SIM card cliffy weeks ago but just got around to my phone scoop cliffy today. After I installed it the ball stopped feeding the right flipper out of the scoop. I tore it apart like 3 times and it was still doing it. I bumped up the eject coil strength a few notches and now it works great again. What the heck???

#1220 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I had rejects to both left and right when I first got it. On the right, I think the cutout from the left loop was causing it. I put some adhesive felt just under the cutout which seems to force the ball away from the cutout. I'll take a photo tonight or tomorrow. Whatever was causing it, the felt (was actually the soft side of adhesive Velcro) seemed to do the trick and I don't get rejects anymore.

It is the cutout causing the issue but it happens so rarely I don't worry about it. I play 4 hours on mine Friday night and it only happened twice. It only happens on the screamer right ramp shots.

#1238 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Have over 600 games on mine in the past few months and game is still just as great as it was day 1. Im glad they added the chaos mode bc ill probably never c the other wizard modes. Ive only seen chaos twice in 2 weeks ..guess i have my game set up to difficult lol. What a great game and my favorite by far since being in this hobby. Cant wait to c what else is added in future updates but its dam good now

I feel the same way. I have had mine just a little longer than you and it is the first game I have ever owned that truly had that one more game feel. I almost played it all night friday and completely lost track of time.

#1346 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I unboxed my game yesterday and I love everything about it except the most important thing my left and right flippers are weak. Surprisingly the flipper most people are having trouble with the upper right flipper works great. I have the flipper strength set to 25 on all of the flippers.
What are all the things I should do to trouble shoot this thanks in advance.

My upper flipper only goes to 20 max. Is this like everyone else?

#1398 6 years ago

Cliffy sim card protector is much better than jjp, but both cliffy and jjp phone protectors need help. Finally settled with cliffy phone protector with modifications. Everything good now.

#1410 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I believe Cliff has already modified his phone protector. New design is much better.

Yea, I think I got 1st design and he is on 3rd design of the phone cliffy now.

#1500 6 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

I'm considering selling cftbl and wh20 to fund a DI.
I would prefer not to sell two games but I really want a DI.

Why don't you wait for some used standards to come up for sale. I just sold my cftbl but could not part ways with wh2o.

1 week later
#1561 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I added a second set of metal leg protectors. The legs are now sitting about 1/16" off the cabinet and will never cause an issue.

This is what I did.

#1597 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

FYI, Cliffy has redesigned the phone scoop protector. With V-1, My ball was not shooting out of the hole properly, also very hard to get the ball in. Cliff sent me his redesigned V-2 and now its perfect. Photo shows both, New one on left.

Yep, the first one sucked. I spent hours trying to fix it and then finally just modified it and it is fine now.

#1598 6 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Hey gang,
So ... has anyone made the SIM CARD shot from the upper flipper? And, I don't mean "banking it" off a target or having it accidentally dribble-in after a tough shot (where your brain processes it as IF you made the shot but you really didn't). I mean a SMACK KERCHUNK shot right into the hole right off the flipper?
I haven't made it once! And, I've literally tried numerous times specifically over the last couple of games! My SIM protector isn't raised-up and sits flush. I can hit that left ramp smooth as butter and the "Big Bang" light-up target underneath all day long. But, never ONCE have I made it into the SIM CARD shot (I realize it's supposed to be difficult but, shouldn't a shot actually go in there once in a while or is that how it was designed?).
Thanks all!
Chris

I make it pretty regularly now. I would say half my shots are luck and half are direct shots from upper flipper. It has to be perfect.

#1643 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I don't know who mfgs CGC's playfields, but CGC's and JJP's are remarkably similar. They both chip very easily. This isn't a design issue....the exact same areas on MM that took thousands of plays to wear away have chipped on MMR at 50 plays in.
I've own several new Sterns and have never experienced any chipping. I will say their clear coats are noticeably thinner than CGC and JJPs, but chipping has never been an issue for me on Stern playfields.
I have restored two machines - a Dr. Dude and a TAF with PPG clear coat. They both have a nice thick layer, a bit thicker than what you might find on JJP/CGC, but nothing crazy. No chipping after hundreds of plays. Both games have several areas that would chip quite easily if they had the ceramic/whatever clear that JJP and CGC use.
So from my experience, this issue rests entirely with the clear coat being used, and despite environmental regulations, it is still possible to secure a clear coat product that does not chip so easily. Just because a playfield manufacturer chooses to go with a certain clear coat, does not mean it's the best one they could be using. None of the major pinball or playfield manufacturers are ISO-certified, so you will get inconsistent quality from game to game. Just the way it is.

I just sent a met playfield back to stern with major chipping. 3 inch radius around the sparky magnet completely chipped off and a huge chip were ball exits shooter lane. They are replacing so all is good but it looks like they are all having playfield issues of some sort.

#1654 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

How many plays? HUO?

Maybe 400 plays and HUO. I got the bad playfield run from April 2015. I have just lived with it until the dust settled and now they are replacing it. I also got the bad head decals, but they sent some replacements and I put those on this last weekend. Once I get my new populated playfield I will basically have a brand new game. The art would just pop off the wood with a hard ball hit. I would be playing and watching paint chips fly around. It was insane.

#1670 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I’m going to be putting some quality time on a route DI this weekend. Can anyone recommend a (fairly) simple approach to the game to have the most fun, get the most out of it and - to a lesser degree - score the best?
Thanks!

Watch the PAPA tutorial on youtube

#1781 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Dile=best pin released in last 20+ years imo....

Quoted from bigd1979:

Ive owned tons of b/w pins and many top stern pins.... dile is that much better and only game i play since i bought it. So much so im selling off most of my collection bc everything else just isnt as fun to play...

This....

#1853 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Gotta love those JJP updates!

No doubt. This is my first JJP and the code support is amazing.

#1861 6 years ago

Can anyone please explain how to pick the next disaster mod? I have watched the papa video 10 times and still can't figure it out.

#1863 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The disasters are identified by icons on the phone (they look like "apps"). If you cradle the ball with the left flipper, pressing the right flipper will change what icon is selected on the phone (by moving forward). Go 1 past the disaster you want, since pressing the left flipper to shoot the scoop will move backward one disaster. Apparently LOTR allows you to do this, however I've owned it since 2004 and never select a mode explicitly. Always nice to see Bowen play and point out tricks!
snaroff

Thanks man

1 week later
#2012 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Played 3 dile including mine and ball falls to left flipper....

Same here

#2047 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

For those having issues with their phone scoop kickout, check your protector. I have a genuine cliffy on mine and I noticed the flaps were bending outward and possibly affecting the path of the ball. I removed the cliffy and bent the flaps back in and it seems pretty consistent again, no sdtm.

I had this problem. Original cliffy was bad design. I took mine off and cut the bottom section of the flap off and everything is good to go.

1 month later
#2428 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

I recently removed the factor protector on the SIM hole because, come on, I can't be that bad to consistently fail that shot. I replaced it with a Cliffy... and guess what? It didn't make any difference. That damn shot is just too hard. The Cliffy does look a lot nicer, though
I don't use a protector on the phone scoop - just used some mylar. It is holding out well so far.

Yep, no difference in ease of making the shot with cliffy or JJP protectors. I have had them both on there.

#2439 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I now have about 300 plays on my DILE (so 900+ balls), and I've maybe hit the SIM shot intentionally from the upper flipper 3-4 times. It is insanely hard. I've had both the factory protector and Cliffy on the SIM hole, and I haven't seem any difference. I also changed the rubbers on the two posts near the SIM shot to smaller rubbers with no change in ability to hit it directly from the upper flipper.
I understand and agree that it should be a tough shot, but in my opinion it's tougher than it should be. If you figure on average I've attempted the shot from the upper flipper once per ball (which I would say is fair), that means I am able to hit it once every 300 attempts (or 0.4% of the time). That's just not right.
I absolutely adore this game, but the SIM card shot is my only gripe...

That is some very low odds there. I almost always have at least 1 shot per game from the upper right flipper. I actually enjoy now trying to bank the SIM shot off of the big bang or theater targets.

#2457 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I need a break. The more I play the more it sucks.
I think I found the JJP’s GB
Just for my information, who has removed the vuk cliffy? Snaroff said vuk shot was easier without it. Who could confirm?

Not every game is for everyone. I love my DI and actually have been playing GB more lately. Both great games.

I have not seem much of a difference with or without the cliffy.

#2544 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

JJP had me email Mirco directly. He's saying it must be the balls, but they are the ones JJP provided me, and the game was very lightly used. This kind of damage, in this short time is more than disappointing.
Really hoping JJP will step up and right this.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but what do you expect JJP to do?

#2659 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

That is nice. I'm working on a Pinduino version to interact with gameplay, but this was easy to build with parts I have around. A $5 roll of 5050 cool white LEDs goes a long way. . .

Where did you get power for the strips?

#2701 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I finally beat my Dialed In!
I just had an amazing game. While playing through all of the modes, shots and got past Chaos in Quantum City and Armageddon. I didn’t complete each of the modes the first time around, but after completing them all they started again so I was able to light enough SIM cards. I was concentrating on completing modes and getting multiballs and shooting for SIM cards. At one point the phone turned gold, and soon I realized that I had only one SIM left to complete D.i.a.l.e.d. I.n. All of the sudden I’m playing against D.I.E. In the Showdown mode. All of the balls are launched and the phone turns light blue and says: “Shoot phone to reveal enemy weak spot!”. Each time I hit the phone another major shot lights red and becomes vulnerable for attacking D.I.E. Each time a ball drains I lose a bit on my meter and each time I hit a red shot D.I.E. Loses some of it’s meter. Whenever a ball drains it’s launched back into play. At one point I beat D.I.E. And the backglass returns to normal (sans meters) and whenever a ball drains at this point it’s gone. All of the red shots are still lit and scoring jackpots until the second-to-last ball drains. At that point the game returns to normal play with no letters in D.i.a.l.e.d. I.n. lit. Final score: 9,748,530.
I was able to cradle the ball and take a picture (below) when I had all but 1 SIM card, but after that the game was just too crazy to try to stop and get pictures.
Dialed In is such an amazing game!

Impressive. Crazy score! I can't get over 3 million.

#2711 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

It's unbelievably satisfying to beat this game. Be sure to record your score into Pinsides database! I did a little over 11 Million myself and hold the #1 spot for now. The really big points come after spelling ''dialed in'' and beating modes all over again. I was averaging a little over 1.2 million points per mode completion after showdown!

#2724 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I played a game on location without the SIM hole protector and nailed it three times off the upper flipper in one game.
It’s tempting me to remove my cliffys.

Before I got my cliffys I used 3/4 inch (or 1/2 inch, cant remember) round rubbers 3 deep on the post to protect that round edge on the SIM hole and it had NO damage when I removed and added cliffy. Just something to think about if you do remove the cliffy and want to have some protection.

1 week later
#2821 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Just got in Mantis's prototype phone scoop protector. You're going to love it when it's done. Very high quality and no covering of the playfield art, but fully protects the hole. Hopefully 1-2 weeks out.

Is he doing one for the SIM hole

#2836 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I get a pop on start up, same with hobbit and woz, but zero static thereafter.

I have no static on DI, but a little at startup on my WOZ

#2864 6 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Just thought id throw this out their all my pins get beach towels i place them on the glass for no dust i know a place that i talked into making a dialed inn one

I will take one if you want to do a few extra

#2866 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Best pins in pinball imo...

Yep, only 2 I am currently playing much. A little TWD every now and then.

#2906 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The changeover seems to have happened after you got yours, in only the last week or so, with a build date of 30th Jan. The one in the pictures posted in the other thread are definitely cliffies (or an exact knockoff) from the factory now.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp/page/32#post-4218215

From my understanding, JJP purchased all the equipment to make their own parts including cliffies and ramps and stuff. They could have just redesigned theirs and made a better version.

#2912 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It should be clear from the abortions that JJP engineered first that not just anyone can make a protector that works well. The CAD program, tooling, and everything else are nothing without specific know-how and experience. Cliffy has that in spades.
I checked with Cliffy today. The ones on the Dialed In made on the 30th that shipped from the factory with Cliffy-like protectors are actually real Cliffys. He wasn't sure when they were going to be on the Dialed In machines leaving the factory so he couldn't say anything until they showed up in the wild. I'm 100% thrilled that JJP is working with Cliffy now to ship their machines with his awesome protectors!
Credit where credit is due, JJP is the first manufacturer to come through and realize shipping with actual cliffys is the pro-customer way to go. I'm just surprised JJP isn't advertising the fact that Dialed In has them now. It's a real PLUS for them, IMO, and a post-purchase cost-savings for the customers who won't have to buy them.
BRAVO, JACK! It took a while, but you finally got this right! Keep it up!

All manufacturers should learn from this. The only problem is cliffy will be so busy it will be very hard and a very long wait to get his products now. I was actually disappointed my AFMrle did not come with cliffies on known problem areas. Hopefully they learn and add on next remakes.

#2913 6 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I have contacted cliffy twice in the last week to get at least the SIM card protector but haven’t heard back. I guess he is really backed up and may become moreso if JJP is using Cliffys on new productions. It’s a bummer that mine was just a month or so away from getting the Cliffys.

Wonder if JJP would send you a set? It would be worth a call.

#2938 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

We spend a lot of time posting our issues (I'm guilty of this too) so when there are good things to report, I think it's important we do so. I just wanted to say something again about JJP. As some of you may have read, I had a bunch of issues with my DI, and when I first tried to reach out to support, I did not get a reply. Not their fault, as we had an issue with emails not getting to me, though they were sent.
Once we got that sorted, support was quick and helpful.

This is why I am hesitant to start blasting on the forums until I have pursued ALL avenues possible to get something resolved. I have had excellent support from JJP as well as Stern. Sometimes things take time to resolved.

#2948 6 years ago
Quoted from at_t_2d:

Cliffy update - I ordered a set on 12/20/17 and they shipped yesterday.

so he is still around 4 weeks. He is so busy. I actually emailed him to place a order and never heard back from him.

1 week later
#2997 6 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Can the sim card opportunity be rolled over to the next ball?

In settings you can make it happen

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=woody76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.