IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woodmedic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11088 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

My DILE arrives Tuesday and I can’t wait. I got a chance to play GNR yesterday thinking I might have some regrets because I could have gotten it for $500 more and although it was fun, I still liked DILE better. I even liked the new Avengers or JP better. It was beautiful and hands down some of the best animations and playfield I have ever seen, but too many multiballs and add a balls for me to want to own. If I have a multi pin collection I would own it but I can have two max.

That is very interesting to me. I had a GnR LE on order from the release date. I have never had the chance to play DI or any other JJP game for that matter and have wanted a DI for a while. Just yesterday I had my GnR order changed to get a DIle instead. I can't wait to get it but now I at least know that someone else had the same feelings and suspicions as me.

#11100 3 years ago

I am hoping that my new DI will be here this week sometime. I have never played it so I have been watching a bunch of videos to get the basic idea of how it plays. Many of the videos I have found are 2-3 years old. Does the theater magnet still capture and throw the ball upwards around the loop like the sanctum shot on the shadow on the latest software?

#11107 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I got my DILE in today!! Definitely some differences from the JJP unboxing video. There weren’t all those signs on my play field, QED didn’t have a rubber band and the lightening bolt was in his hands already. There wasn’t styrofoam around the tilt bob, and one portion of the bob was in a baggie and had to be put on. These are not complaints as everything looks great and works great right out of the box. I literally haven’t adjusted anything and I can hit super skill shot all day long. My trap door seems fine, it’s not in the up position so I’m assuming it is. Flipper strength is great.
My only two things is, it didn’t come with a manual, they say they mail it. Do they? And there was a piece of styrofoam on the back of the playfield that seemed almost glued and left a residue back there. (Anyone rose had that?] game is playing perfectly and smooth as butter!! I need to update my software,

Congrats! What was the build date on your game? What LE number did you get? Just curious as mine should be here in a few days and it would be fun to compare.

#11112 3 years ago

Got a call this morning that my game is going to be delivered tomorrow! I may not sleep tonight.

#11139 3 years ago

LE #818 arrived today. What a fun game! I was having a little trouble with the theater magnet but after I updated the software, it seems to be working great now. Can’t wait to learn all of the tricks and rules!

#11176 3 years ago

I also just got my NIB DI. Everything is great but the white noise from the speakers was bothering me. I opened a ticket and within a very short time it was answered and a filter is on its way to me. So far I am also very impressed with JJP support.

#11209 3 years ago

Does everyone's Robot diverter spotlight kind of flicker when it is on? Mine does but it may be normal. Just not sure.

#11212 3 years ago
Quoted from the_zap:

The light is driven by a coil driver (see coil test "Betty Spotlight"). Close coin door to see it activate during the test. Afaik the flickering is on purpose (does not flicker during test mode) to mimic a broken advertising sign lighting.

That’s pretty cool actually. Thanks for the info!

#11246 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

It’s awesome. I can’t backhand them damn phone scoop on mine though lol

Having a blast with mine as well! I can just backhand the scoop on mine. Not much room for error though. I’m still waiting for the isolator for mine to get here. Mine was manufactured in July of 2018 so should be very similar to yours.

#11263 3 years ago

I have had mine for about a week now and have been really enjoying it. One small issue is that the ball frequently gets stuck on the robot diverter if the shot up that ramp isn’t solid. Is that pretty common or do I need to adjust my diverter down more?

#11287 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Yup, done that. Works perfectly in test mode. Though I think its hard to duplicate the speed in which the ball hits the magnet in test mode. I feel like because there is a bit more wiggle when the ball is stopped full speed the delay needs to be longer for the real thing. Though its hard to test during a game if I don't know which theatre modes actually are meant to throw the ball around.

Some of the modes are not supposed to throw the ball around. The simply drop the ball straight down the middle. Thats when hopefully the magnets catch it (EMP Strike) or the moving target stops it from dropping between the flippers.

#11291 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

When not in a mode, which hurry ups fling it around? Boxes/drones/spiders/rockets etc. Is it supposed to be all of them?

I am pretty new to this game so I can't accurately answer this question. I can tell you that it's not all of them. Some do and some don't. As a result, I am always ready for the ball to be headed SDTM.

#11296 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Easy to adjust. Turn the game off. Under the playfield you can see the mech. There is what looks like a tiny leg leveler that rides up and down on a out of round wheel on an axle. Above the leg leveler looking thing is a nut. Loosen the nut. Turn the leg leveler looking thing up or down as needed. Retighten the nut. Done.
Page C-59 in the manual. Part #15 in the leg leveler looking thing.
LTG : )

It was adjusted all of the way up already. I ended up taking the whole assembly off and found that there was a spot inside where the link was rubbing on the inside of the robot's body. I trimmed out the area where the interference was and got the arm working smooth now. The only way a ball will get stuck now is if it just barely makes it up the ramp and the diverter is down. It is livable for sure now. Thanks for the help!

#11299 3 years ago

A new problem has cropped up on my DI. The phone screen will either go black or mostly black in the middle of a game sometimes. It will then stay that way until I power cycle the machine. Any ideas on what might be causing this? I just got this machine out of the box less than 2 weeks ago so I’m sure JJP will take care of me if need be.

Here is a picture. Sometimes is is completely dark and others it looks like this.

B1ED7357-2F70-4B7D-850A-BD64C357D639 (resized).jpegB1ED7357-2F70-4B7D-850A-BD64C357D639 (resized).jpeg
#11302 3 years ago
Quoted from GrbJimmy:

Mine used to go black, the game would continue to run normally until I recycled the game. I never saw the blue screen however.
Once I updated to the latest code I never saw that problem again, not sure what code you are on

I am on the latest code 1.72

1 week later
#11371 3 years ago

So since these games are PC based, does that mean that we should hunt down a motherboard to keep in stock for a spare? What happens 15-20 years down the road if these motherboards quit working?

#11435 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I would be really curious how many LEs they actually made. There’s no way they made 2500 of these. I think this is a game that people will want down the road. I just don’t get tired of playing it. I’m over 400 plays in just a few weeks.

I got mine right after you and have just hit the 300 games mark. I agree with you that the game play of this machine is fantastic. Glad I got one while I could.

8 months later
#12002 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Just joined - I don’t remember it being so packed when seeing it at shows. Wow. Any recommendations for YouTube tutorials?

This one is pretty good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woodmedic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=woodmedic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.