Topic Stats

• 9,342 posts
  • 505 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Tranquilize
  • Topic is favorited by 176 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,121 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DITrap (resized).JPG
97E55CF6-7B4D-48F8-A538-ED978827C7DA (resized).jpeg
91A790A6-A8F0-4357-A429-8A34B2B071B1 (resized).jpeg
2FA68F6F-FF94-4B2D-A3DE-3996F2A6E843 (resized).jpeg
Rubber (resized).jpg
Cliffy2 (resized).jpg
Cliffy1 (resized).jpg
Cliffy3 (resized).jpg
20191003_181551 (resized).jpg
ScreenJJP (resized).jpg
showdown (resized).jpg
25389D20-1022-4992-9032-DC58F7E0D621 (resized).jpeg
E0A0B586-7AF4-483C-9C4B-D556087D9FF7 (resized).jpeg
FB41E8CD-4A3A-4540-AD90-BACF76CA6A6E (resized).jpeg
bigrock (resized).jpg
s1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (2 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (1 year ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (1 year ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (1 year ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (1 year ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (1 year ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (1 year ago)

Post #1253 Velcro fix for right ramp hangup Posted by cooked71 (1 year ago)

Post #1258 Detailed pictures for adjusting a misbehaving trap door Posted by foobeer (1 year ago)

Post #1332 Getting access to computer in backbox on Dialed In Posted by hank527 (1 year ago)

Post #1347 Ball trap location. Posted by Kevlar (1 year ago)

Post #1377 Fix for USB at the coin door not working Posted by Pinhead1982 (1 year ago)

Post #1391 Fix for Tilt Bob not working all of a sudden Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #1431 Adjustment point to grease for trap door to operate smoothly Posted by LTG (1 year ago)

Post #1451 Adjusting arm on Quantum Mechanic Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #2507 How to get in backbox to check audio connections Posted by pinstadium (1 year ago)

Post #2661 DIY Lighting how-to for sides of Dialed In backglass Posted by lyonsden (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wackybrakke.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3742 1 year ago

I'm going to get a Dialed In!!!!! Having some serious debate in my brain about the Standard vs LE. $1000 more and JJP really seemed to add the value.

The manual is nice, I'd probably buy one if I got a Standard. So that's $100
I like powder coated trim, probably a $400 value?
The Invisiglass, meh I have a spare sheet of PDI so that's a wash for me.
Do the lighted ramps make a big difference? IDK

So idk.....it's like a $500 jump for me to go to the LE....what do I do???

#3756 1 year ago

I DID IT! LE on the way

#3793 1 year ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

DI LE to be delivered today!
Wasn't there a post somewhere in this long thread.. making a few pointers about adjustments to make to this game
when setting it up?
Can someone point me to correct page or repost? instead of spending day reading 76 pages..
and instead play game..

Congrats. Mine is on a truck somewhere between New Jersey and Denver. Hopefully I’ll have it middle of next week!

#3807 1 year ago

My Dialed In LE is sitting at the dock in Denver! Ugh long weekend waiting knowing it’s so close!

#3840 1 year ago

I can hear Dialed In LE sitting on the dock here in Denver calling my name.........

#3843 1 year ago

<24 hours and I’ll be playing Dialed in!

#3866 1 year ago

I always put better balls in from day 1, all manufactures.......

#3870 1 year ago

It's out for delivery! I'm stop #14, :-/ sounds like end of the day.....But today at any rate!

#3886 1 year ago

wellllll that didn't go well, delivery refused.
Glass busted, cabinet probably busted.

IMG_0887 (resized).jpg

IMG_0888 (resized).jpg

IMG_0889 (resized).jpg

#3891 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Oh no! Sorry to hear that. Thank goodness you refused delivery. My distributor uses R&L and it sounds like they have done a very good job shipping games. Maybe see if your distributor can use them for the replacement.
https://www.rlcarriers.com/

This was R&L.........

#3893 1 year ago

Sounds like JJ @ Game Exchange might save my day! They might have an LE is stock. Just waiting to hear back from JJP if I can get a refund and buy from JJ.

#3896 1 year ago

Woohooo JJ @ Game Exchange rocks! Purchasing a replacement LE from him, to be here Thursday.

#3904 1 year ago
Quoted from andrewket:

They allowed you to refuse delivery after cutting open the box? I usually inspect the outside of the box and open just the top and peak in. How do they return/ship with a compromised box?

ALWAYS open and inspect. If this hadn’t had the tip n tell and I had only peeked in the top I woulda been screwed. The box looked fine, but clearly something seriously went wrong between NJ and CO, it had been droppped hard. ALWAYS open and inspect.

#3908 1 year ago

Woohoo Nice surprise today! JJ @Game Exchange said he could squeeze me in today, Dialed In LE on the way! Nice surprise after yesterdays heart break.

#3911 1 year ago

Woohoo, second time was a charm! Machine is 100% perfect. Thanks JJ @ Game Exchange!

40f4e6f9-85b6-43fc-b5fa-bc27b307e3d6 (resized).jpg

#3912 1 year ago

Ha Ha wow! This game is a blast!

#3931 1 year ago

Not bad for only owning the game 24 hours. Collected one SIM card.

FE6CA7BB-4E31-413E-925E-9CDF14BE07A8 (resized).jpeg

#3942 1 year ago

My camera stops working, a reboot usually fixes it. Ideas?

#3955 1 year ago
Quoted from Gizmonic:

The main issues with the trap door are caused by the fact that JJP is not using the adjustment tab for some reason. I try to explain it here:
» YouTube video
Ron...

Thank you! This is exactly the problem with mine and this worked. Without the adjustment the plate has to move too far and the coil doesn't fire long enough to move it all the way and the trap door to close. Someone should alert the JJP factory to this, my game built in Jan 2018 still did not have the adjustment pin bent into place.

#3978 1 year ago

I’ve had my game over a week and 120 plays, the Mylar on the magents is fine so far. So I am leaving it for now.

#3980 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It will eventually cause a issue, in particularly the theater magnet performance with the toss back. It will become inconsistent bc of bubbling in the mylar

If it becomes a problem I’ll deal with it then. For now leaving it factory.

#3987 1 year ago

K, guess I’ll cave and remove the Mylar from the magnet post. I need lift the playfield to adjust the adjustment arm on the trap door anyways, still fails to close once in a while.

#4011 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Watch this video.
» YouTube video
There is an adjustment tab that JJP didn't bend into place to adjust the coil release. The video will walk you through the process of adjusting it properly.

That adjustment pin is the real fix. Bent mine in place and tweaked it and now it works perfect. Others will tell you the joint needs oil, etc.....but that’s not true, the plate adjustment pin is the correct fix.

#4051 1 year ago

Time and time again....I finish a mode...that pretty blue SIM card light turns on.....I take a few shots at it and miss then the ball drains! Ugh! Would it be sacrilege to turn on SIM card memory so it’s still there after I drain???

#4055 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I just went in and set mine on directors cut, I felt like that’s the way Pat wanted it to be played.

Oh! What are the differences from default?

#4090 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Ah, thanks. I’ve occasionally added a ball but wasn’t sure how.

On the phone screen at the top it says Add A Ball, when you hit the scoop the first time Add lights up, second A lights up and third Ball lights up......so you know where you are at with the 3 shots

#4093 1 year ago

People said I looked grumpy. Is this better?

24F6B00C-00B9-49E8-879D-AC6492CDF946 (resized).jpeg

#4110 1 year ago

I took the Mylar off the magnets today, swear my theater is SDTMing a lot more now, any suggestions?

#4114 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

May need to set the timing again... i had to mess with mine after removing the mylar

Where is the timing in the menu? I couldn’t find it

#4130 1 year ago

The only thing I changed from default is SIM memory on, I agree this makes it much more enjoyable. If I ever get good enough where it seems to easy I'll change it back.

2 weeks later
#4366 1 year ago

How do you forgo multiball?

#4431 1 year ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Mine does! I have been reading that you can adjust the magnet to correct this, but I haven't had luck. I am hoping someone can elaborate on the settings.

#4469 1 year ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

These look cool! I have their powerbladez on my MET and they are awesome.
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/dialed-in-pinball-powerbladez

Why do people keep ruining their machines with blades? They look horrible after a while and have you ever tried to remove them? Ruins the cabinet when you try to take them off. WORST non-reversible mod in the history of pinball.

#4471 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Which blades have you been installing? I have had to remove a set of mirror blades and a set of vinyl, and neither were any sort of problem.

I’ve only experienced removal once. Was a god awful set of gold mirror blades glued in with god knows what. The cabinet was fugly as fuck cause the glue pulled bits of wood away. I touched it up with a black sharpie as a quick fix, but if you looked it was fugly. Only real fix would be to bondo, sand, paint. UGH

But I have seen plenty of examples of blades that look horrible because they’ve been scratched, dinged, crumpled by lifting and lowering the playfield. Sure they look nice when first installed, but it’s only downhill from there. WORST “mod” ever.

#4481 1 year ago

I guess I’m in the minority on this blades thing.....but that’s ok. I’ll keep my sides pristine while y’all ruin yours. Just don’t be surprised if I pass on buying your machine cause it has em.

#4491 1 year ago

Glad there are a few folks who understand what I am talking about

2 weeks later
#4702 1 year ago

I’ve tried tickets too and it never works. Just call them. They should take the ticket system off their websites site cause I think they ignore it.

2 weeks later
#4792 1 year ago

Collected 3 SIM cards yesterday! Most ever so far

1 week later
#4885 1 year ago

Enjoy! Great game!

2 weeks later
#5031 1 year ago
Quoted from bondavi:

I understand they are winding production on DI to the last ones now. I had a deposit for one of the last run DILE machines, but cancelled out. $9200 versus buying another open box DILE for $8k. Not sure if I will kick myself later...they seem to be dropping bit by bit in value over time.

They’ll be making Dialed In for years, just switching over to POTC for a while to get all the preorders out.

#5035 1 year ago

Dialed In is my favorite game! They have a real winner there

#5042 1 year ago

L@@K and admire its functionality and versatility! It can function as a mere glass holding a blood orange margarita or it can hold a beer within a pin-gulp caddy during intense game play or even function as a topper!

01136F7D-D027-43FC-A62E-ABACB3336062 (resized).jpegCF576706-696E-4A01-AFCB-C7E162FB53FC (resized).jpegDB146246-CC67-4C2C-B816-80369845047E (resized).jpeg
#5051 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

If you are using those glasses as a topper, you must not be a "nudger" ... unless you glue them down pretty good.

Just there long enough for the picture

1 month later
#5377 1 year ago
Quoted from RJL:

Seeking advice from fellow owners. I noticed that the kickback never makes it into the phone scoop. Even if it is spot on, it always seem to bounce off.
I though about adjusting the ball guide, but after running numerous balls by hand through the kcikback, it seems to either hit the phone scoop or the right ramp, i.e., it appears to me not to be the problem. It could be my play field angle (currently level is on second line) or kickback adjustment, etc.. Before I start taking off plastics to make a tweak, I thought I would ask if anyone has had and solved this problem.
My game has the factory installed phone scoop protector.
Thanks,
Rich

Is it supposed to go into the phone scoop? Mine randomly sometimes gets lucky and it drops it, but I think it's meant just to kick the ball out of the drain lane

#5390 1 year ago

Mine came this week while I was in Chicago. Nice surprise to come home to

#5392 1 year ago

3 months later
#6957 9 months ago

Seems like over and over again we hear about people emailing and calling and not getting a response. Me included, I've run into the same issue a couple times.

JJP should train their folks better, they should respond to each and every call and email in a timely fashion. It's really not very hard to have good customer service, just need to be responsive. Having to call and email multiple times not only annoys the customers, but also wastes JJP's time in having to sift through multiple repeat requests. Just respond the first time.

#6960 9 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Hey now. The ones that go to me. I do answer, then or as quick as I can. I'm running around noon to midnight CST every day. I was at it an hour earlier today to handle others I could help. That is four phones here, two email addresses to me, PM's here and on Facebook, and posts here, people stopping in. I can't send parts or take parts orders.
LTG : )

Ya ya! Sorry wasn't meant at you. You're always on top of it. Just saying there seems to be a lot of delays at the JJP office. Even parts orders I placed on the website would sit for a week without shipping and I eventually canceled. Just seems like there are a lot of delays and repeat requests there. You are great though!

1 month later
#7303 7 months ago

God I love this game!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 21.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wackybrakke.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside