Topic Stats

• 9,041 posts
  • 494 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by altan
  • Topic is favorited by 164 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,088 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DI CLIP (resized).jpg
DI1 (resized).jpg
DI2 (resized).jpg
DI4 (resized).jpg
69372CE8-CD3A-4BBA-83ED-0A9FAFD64120 (resized).jpeg
568A8AB3-9D97-47E8-AA46-E8F17CEE6CF1 (resized).jpeg
diflash (resized).jpg
99121346-CA6A-4DFC-8201-4E64F2D70934 (resized).jpeg
di-decals-sample (resized).jpg
decals4 (resized).jpg
decals2 (resized).jpg
decals1 (resized).jpg
decals0 (resized).jpg
E7AA35A9-DCF8-41E0-BF0E-55B48A51044D (resized).jpeg
20190828_143115 (resized).jpg
20190814_142930 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (2 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (1 year ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (1 year ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (1 year ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (1 year ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (1 year ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (1 year ago)

Post #1253 Velcro fix for right ramp hangup Posted by cooked71 (1 year ago)

Post #1258 Detailed pictures for adjusting a misbehaving trap door Posted by foobeer (1 year ago)

Post #1332 Getting access to computer in backbox on Dialed In Posted by hank527 (1 year ago)

Post #1347 Ball trap location. Posted by Kevlar (1 year ago)

Post #1377 Fix for USB at the coin door not working Posted by Pinhead1982 (1 year ago)

Post #1391 Fix for Tilt Bob not working all of a sudden Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #1431 Adjustment point to grease for trap door to operate smoothly Posted by LTG (1 year ago)

Post #1451 Adjusting arm on Quantum Mechanic Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #2507 How to get in backbox to check audio connections Posted by pinstadium (1 year ago)

Post #2661 DIY Lighting how-to for sides of Dialed In backglass Posted by lyonsden (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider venom112.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1770 1 year ago

I am on the fence anybody that just got the game with the latest code have impressions. I am looking at Star Wars I like guardians of the galaxy. I know the code is bad right now but where would you rank dialed in? Is it worth 8k or 9k when you can get a stern for between 5-7k depending on the model? Dialed in looks amazing but is it worth the extra money??

#1771 1 year ago

Are there going to be further code updates to dialed in ??

#1774 1 year ago

Cool thanks for the opinions by watching gameplay I was thinking the same thing despite people not loving the theme when it was first shown it looks like the best gameplay on a pin in some time.

#1776 1 year ago
Quoted from libtech:

Thats a question you have to answer yourself, cool game, but will you have just as much fun with a 5.5k game vs a 9k one?
I would like to have a DI too, but am having a hard time justifying it, will probably wait a year till pirates is in full swing and buy used.

Yeah that’s the thing 9k vs 5 or 6k is a big difference. I am trying to justify the price too. I will say the game looks like more fun then most though.

#1779 1 year ago

Thanks anyone know if the software is done or do you think the code is done?

#1822 1 year ago

Finally took the plunge and ordered an LE. Game looks amazing I think this will be a classic machine it is so different than any other game. So much variety. The unlicensed theme is what I like about it I think it really shows off the creativity of the game and the software. Can’t wait to get it!

3 weeks later
#2138 1 year ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

I'm sure I read about the solution, but can;t seem to find it. Right ranp, ball comes flying through hits the end and pops up. Usually, falls into the lane OK, but occasionally it bounces straight up out of the ranp , over the slings and out. Of course it only happens when you have a good ball going.
I was thinking there was a 'tweak' to correct this, but maybe not

Some owners are bending their ramp at the end but there is a new plastic JJP is installing to remedy this problem I would not bend or modify the original design of the ramp too much that can go wrong. Reach out to JJP I’m sure they will help you out with the plastic

3 weeks later
#2396 1 year ago

Very tough shot partially because it is a blind shot the scoop resides under the ramp. I have made it rarely by using the upper flipper. It seems to bounce into the scoop a lot but usually not when it is lit or when I need it too. The game is amazing and fun. Watching videos of it people make it look pretty easy but it is quite challenging because you need to make specific shots when you are prompted to before the mode ends. Just like most games the more practice you get the better you become and then you start to see the real genius behind this game.

#2400 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

After much agony flipping between machines I've settled in on a DI LE as my first pin.
Just looking around trying to find the best place to buy. I'm in NorCal, but happy to have it shipped. Is it best to order direct from JJP, or a particular dealer I should look to?
Thanks...

Congrats on the decision it is a fantastic pin you won’t regret the purchase JJp is making the best pins around right now and Dialed In is amazing.

#2422 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Hey guys, my DI LE is on the way.
What's the consensus on the stock protectors for the phone scoop and sim card hole on the latest batch of machines? Good enough or do I need to investigate Cliffy alternatives to address it?
Cliffy doesn't list it on his site. If it were a big problem, I would hope it would be a current product for him.
Thanks!

I have the factory protectors and I think they work just fine. They definitely protect the scoops from getting chewed up. I have not really used cliffy protectors but hear good things I just really haven’t had a need to change from the JJPs

#2483 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Well, I bit the bullet and changed my SIM card setting to carry over. First game I’ve ever had to set up to make easier. Feel a tad guilty, but Ive been playing it a lot lately and no matter what I do, I cannot make the shot. Whether it’s my game set up or skill, it’s no fun never collecting SIM cards. Even with carryover, it’s still difficult as I have to count on a bank shot. I complete modes a lot, very rarely/almost never collect the SIM card. Seeing the lit insert after I drain feels like I have a better chance to advance.

I did the same thing nothing wrong with making the game more fun that’s why they make the rules adjustable.

#2542 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea they suck.... had same issue untill i put new balls in..

I have the same issue with the play field marks like you describe I used marco pinball regular pinballs and it’s the same as the ones that came with the machine. I think it could have something to do with the oil from the pinballs. The marks on mine come off by rubbing them but not sure how to make it so this doesn’t happen. Two different sets of pinballs doing it so I don’t think it has to do with the ones supplied by JJP if anyone has advice on this I would appreciate it

#2543 1 year ago

I cleaned both sets of pinballs thoroughly and it didn’t make a difference I still get the marks on the play field

#2553 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

That's what I did when I discovered this a few weeks ago. Didn't even mention it to JJP, and I'm far from shy about issues (as you probably know
It's just bizarre that JJP goes to amazing lengths to make a great game and then they put scratchy balls in. Stern had this reputation of shipping cheap balls and you'd think JJP would have learned from Stern's missteps.
Nothing like plunking down 9k and then having to send out for balls that don't mess up the PF. Gotta love pinball to take this abuse...that's for sure!
snaroff

Like I said I used balls from Marco Specialties and have the same issue. They are a lot cleaner and shinier than the ones that came with the game and yet it does the same thing and leaves marks. Seems to me that it is pretty normal I don’t know. You can’t see it unless you shine a light on the play field from a certain angle. It is definitely different I have never seen a pin do this brand new but like I said seems like oil or grease. Maybe there is grease in the scoop or something I saw another pinsider post about that earlier

#2587 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Got my game just days ago. I have a playfield protector installed from the dealer and it covers the magnets. The balls are beaten up anyway and the PP has got tiny scratches all over. My guess is the inner sides of the scoop under the phone, they look really sharp and the ball hit the edges at high speed. Could also be the auto-launcher. I'm changing balls now to see if the stock ones are too soft.

It happens with different pinballs from other manufacturers. These scratches are totally normal. It happens on every pinball machine. Metal pinball vs wood, it will scratch not sure why as this comes as such a surprise. There is a pretty clear distinction in most pinball machines between normal wear and manufacturer defect.

#2590 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Nah it's not normal. I've had 2 NIB's, GB pro ( an early one so no ghosting luckily ) which doesn't have any of these scratches, and DI which had deep scratches near the flippers after only 3 or 4 games. Swapped the balls, no more scratches. JJP balls either already damaged or are soft and got damaged in the machine. 500 plays now, 4 with JJP balls scratching the playfield, and 496 with stern balls causing zero damage.

So then how do you explain this same problem happening with different pinballs from different manufacturers. I have owned many sterns and used the supplied pinballs from them and the scratches still happen. Shine a bright light from up by the trans light with no other lights on in the room I would bet you have scratches. That’s the thing you can’t see them at all unless lighting conditions are a certain way.

#2593 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I can't, I can only relay my experience with DI balls, and other UK owners who all got machines at the same time and were scared shitless that the clearcoat hadn't cured....then we changed the balls and lived happily ever after.

Lol ok cool well I will try some stern pinballs in my DI but would be surprised if it helps. Anyway glad it worked out for you.

#2599 1 year ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

So... this is NOT a paid advertisement :eye roll towards the haters:. Now that we got that out of the way. I wanted to share my first ever experience with Pinstadium lights. The package came well prepared and organized. I did about 10 minutes of phone help with Dialed In because it’s just a tad more complex than plug and play but easy enough for someone who has 0 mechanical ability. With that said. Here are 2 photos in 100% dark room. 1st is with 75% blue and 100% white. The second is 100% white settings. AEnjoy! This is definitely a top three mod for me now going into the future behind pdi glass and a color dmd. It looks even better in person!

Looks nice thanks for sharing pics.I want to give these a try but am a little iffy on the installation. There aren’t any good tutorials or installation videos.

#2683 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Hi guys, just received LE #822. So far we love it! One issue though.
About 50% of the times I power up the machine, the sub-woofer doesn't work, and has a continuous popping sound. Usually if I power cycle it from there it starts to work fine.
Anyone seen this? Is there a fix?
Also during boot there is a lot of "electrical" noise that bleeds into the speakers. Like it's not shielded? And when the machine is idle I hear a constant "hiss". Normal?

The electrical sound as it boots is normal I have it on mine and the sub woofer pops on mine as well. I think both are normal. Once you are in the game and boot sequence is complete the sound should be normal

4 weeks later
#2984 1 year ago
Quoted from whitey:

Put my order in , was going to sell my TZ, but having that, AF,FH together I cant break em up
Cliffys ? Anything I should look for or do before set up is appreciated.
Back in the day we just put legs on and played em !

Absolutely fantastic game you are going to love it. It does appear they are now shipping with a cliffy on both scoops so you should be hood there

1 week later
#3067 1 year ago

Yeah I have been trying to get cliffy’s for a few of my games and have got no response as well.

1 week later
#3160 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Quick question, I found the option in settings to change the theater magnet behavior, but is there any way to change all of the other magnets, especially the drone.
I'm finding the my drone magnet has a tendency to throw it right down the left drain.
Also, has anyone had to adjust sling strength due to abundant drains off of them?

I was getting a lot of drains on the right side from the left sling. I just adjusted the right Outlane peg down some and it is much better

#3205 1 year ago
Quoted from chill:

Speaking of things rolling down the game, I had a stuffed animal propped up on top of the backbox for awhile (just for the heck of it). Yesterday it scared the fuzz out of me when the shaker motor engaged after I locked a ball and the thing rolled / bounced down the glass right at me.

LMAO hilarious I had this exact thing happen and scared the crap out of me and my son. I moved them to a game without a shaker motor.

#3207 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

LOL... DILE arrives Friday.. can’t wait to get my hands on this game

Congrats on the purchase it is an amazing game. I wish they would do more original themes. This game just shows that you don’t need a big name license to make an incredible game.

1 week later
#3298 1 year ago

Anyone know when the next code update will drop? Any details as to new modes or changes? Code is good as is but just curious what’s to come?

#3348 1 year ago
Quoted from geoncic:

I apologize if this has already been answered, but I could not find a clear answer.
I am about to purchase a NIB DISE, but was wondering if I would be able to get it through my bedroom door, or if I need to plan on storing in another room. The door measures 29" on the inside if I were to take the door off the hinges. I see the dimensions of the backbox are 29", but I'd like to get an opinion on someone who has one or had to get it into a tight room. Is unbolting the backbox and rotating a bit while strapping it down an option?
Thanks everybody, I've been slowly reading through this thread, so much information! I'm so excited, as this will be my first pin to own myself.

My door is exactly 29 and I was able to get it through the game is a sliver under 29. I think if you are measuring exactly 29 you will be fine but will need to be careful getting it through the door

2 weeks later
#3547 1 year ago

Can someone take a look at this and see if I am imagining things. It feels and looks like the left flipper is not aligned quite right, I mean it feels like it is if by just a bit. Does the alignment look ok or does the left flipper look too low?

894FDCAF-DBF6-4CF8-B5BD-F3A3A2333659 (resized).jpeg

#3549 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Definitely too low. Adjust it. I usually use a straight edge to make the flippers parallel to the guide rails, but DI has that hexagon, which makes it really easy. Adjust so that the bat is just touching that left point. Done!

Thanks

2 weeks later
#3898 1 year ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Woohooo JJ @ Game Exchange rocks! Purchasing a replacement LE from him, to be here Thursday.

Nice glad it worked out. I buy from
JJ too and he has been great to deal with. It will be worth the wait it is a fantastic game.

2 weeks later
#4085 1 year ago

Need some help adjusting the left flipper it is drooping low. I checked underneath and can’t seem to figure out why it is doing that. Everything seems to be tight. Anyone have a video or pictures of how to adjust ?

#4088 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I have a video how to use the flipper spacer gauge.
» YouTube video
In it you can see the nut to loosen on the pawl ( just a teeny bit so the flipper barely turns ) and turn the flipper and retighten it.
LTG : )

Thanks Lloyd I will check it out and give it a try

2 months later
#4853 1 year ago

I have a problem maybe someone can help. I am getting an error all of a sudden it says switch matrix #13 theater enter (stuck open) the theater doesn’t register hits. Everything was working with no problem and then all of a sudden just stopped registering. Any idea how to fix? I see there is an opto there

AB082644-1189-45F2-97CA-EA5E9415F488 (resized).jpeg
#4856 1 year ago

Thanks I will check it and report back

#4859 1 year ago

Thank you Lloyd much appreciated I will take a look.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Lee, NEW JERSEY
$ 21.00
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider venom112.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside