IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trektobbygermany.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6319 5 years ago

I think there is a bug in Software 1.57: If you Start CIQC with Sim cards lit and trap door open, you can collect the Sim cards with a Bob shot. Can someone confirm?

Great Pin and great Software anyway

2 months later
#7139 5 years ago

Collecting Sim cards in DI is a question of game strategy. With the newer Codes (1.57, 1.61) there are a couple of ways to have a good Chance to collect more Sim cards.

Have in mind you can collect cards in CIQC Mode. Try to have some cards to collect after sixth Mode, is one of these strategies . Or/and Try to Start Theater Multiball at the right moment. Try to finish a bop Multiball to light an additonal Sim Card. And, of course, time the Standard Multiball the right way. Great gameplay designed by Pat Lawler And, If you want to keep this game a long time, do not use carry over. Play the game as designed is much more satisfying.

Only thing I can not understand Pat Lawler is the lower bop target. It's not possible to hit it directly, just luck. You will have a bad game when Kickbacks are used early

#7143 5 years ago
Quoted from DonnieDarko:

I likewise am looking to replace the factory SIM card slot protector with mylar. The number of times I've seen the ball roll towards the hole to just skirt around it (following the line of the protector) has driven me crazy. I'm over it. I've also bought the Mantis protector for the phone scoop and will replace my factory DI one. When playing we have so many rejects from the phone scoop that it just unbalances the game. The game is certainly hard enough without having 3-4 rejects per attempt.
Early on before I purchased my machine I say the post with the chip from the SIM slot. I can't understand how that is even possible. There's no VUK. My only thought is that an air-ball landed on the edge of the SIM slot. Hopefully mylar is your friend here.
Does anyone know where I can get mylar from?

Use the Cliffys to protect your playfield. Just bent them a little to make sure they are flat.

1 week later
#7293 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Try and ensure Big Bang is lit as often as possible, as soon as you start a mode hit the Big Bang target.
As the targets to light Big Bang are near the SIM card scoop often get a bounce into there as well.
Keep kickback lit by hitting B-O-B targets, which also lights award at left orbit, the mini multiballs can be worth some good points, as well as another opportunity to light SIM cards.
Try to only ever start a multiball with a mode running, then concentrate on the mode, not the jackpots.

How do you hit the lower B-O-B target? I think, it's just luck on my machine, not possible to hit directly...

1 month later
#7468 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I read here in this thread several times that I'm not alone with a sometimes stuck ball in front of the mechanics diverter. Especially when the ball rolls very very slowly towards the diverter, it simply stops there. I have to wait for a ball search to free it.
Now I noticed something by chance: the diverter has a lug which causes the ball to roll onto the mini playfield. The lug touches one side of the wire ramp on my machine when it's down - maybe the lug should be right between the two wires of the wire ramp on which the ball rolls and it would move down a little bit more if not touching the wire? In my opinion it would fit perfectly between the two wires and if so I very much think even a slow rolling ball would not stop in front of the diverter.
How is the diverter mounted on your machine? Does the lug go between the wires or does it also touch one side? And is there a method of adjusting it so that the lug is exactly between the two wires of the wire ramp?

I had luck with adjusting the wire ramp. It is fixed on three spots. Loosing the screw on the plastic ramp makes it easier to adjust.

1 month later
#7802 4 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

Does anyone know what lights the "special" in the outlanes? What does it do? Thanks!

Spell "dialed" and special will be lit. I think it rewards points.

2 months later
#8626 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Ok — yeah, I think emp is what I meant. Damn, so annoying— I’m always on edge when shooting that shot, expecting to have to give the game a good nudge to try and save a sdtm.

Just stack emp with Multiball. Choose another mission if it's not possible and play emp later with theatre Multiball for example. The game is much easier if you choose the right mode at the right time generally.

#8631 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Actually I’ve never focused on what rotates the mode selection.. what rotates it?
With the quantum little mini modes - spider, train bash, etc — does a certain number of shots ‘defeat’ them for bonus points or are they just strictly on the timers and that’s it?

You have to finish drone captive balls, train bash, spider spinner and kilowatt drop targets to start quantum theatre Multiball. They are activated with drone target, ramp, spider target and QED guy hits with an immediately theatre shot afterward. You can use Bob Multiball as well and also stack them with the main Multiball... There are a lot of possibilities, just play more and have fun

#8639 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I still haven’t understood how to reach the Quantum Theater MB. I reached it several times but I never understood what triggers it exactly.

Just read my post above. Theatre mini modes are timed out. Hold a ball and look at the status report. There is a whole screen that shows you the way to QTMB.

7 months later
#10032 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Question on playfield.
My DI has had playfield protector when I bought it. I'm considering to remove it as I made that move on my deadpool and the gain in precision of shots was significant.
That said, I'm planning to pu some mylar in the potential wear area.
I've cliff's installed, but were do you recommend to protect?
Exit of the phone seems to one risky area?
Or nothing to fear in a normal 5-10 games per day rhythm?

You need cliffys for Sim card and phone scoop. I recommend switch slot cliffys for the ball drop areas left and tight. If you want, use Mylar in the shooter lane kick out area. That's all imho.

11 months later
#11718 3 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Hi everyone, I picked up a new to me LE today - love this game!
I've got 3 issues and I'm wondering if others have the same (I've only read through 10 pages of this thread so far):
1. the ball gets stuck a lot - on the switch behind the bumpers, in the groove that the electric guy travels in, etc. Could the balls be magnetized? If so, how would I fix that?
2. My right flippers don't always work well- they lose power sometime, and the the upper flipper only works if I press the flipper button hard. Also, when the shaker motor kicks on, the right flipper shakes like it's having a seizure and it loses a lot of its power.
3. last - the phone scoop shoots SDTM at least half the time. I've tried dialing the power up and down and that hasn't made much difference.
This is a HUO machine without a lot of plays on it so I'm wondering if there are some adjustments I need to make.
Thanks!

1: I don't think magnetised balls are the problem. Check the leaf on the switch behind the pop bumpers. It should make contact but do not trap the balls. You can bent it carefully. The qed guy can trap the ball in rare cases. A playfield protector will make it worse a lot. You can check the balls on sticking them together. If magnetised, they will build a line and stuck on each other.

2: check the leaf switches on your right flipper button. You can bend the switches carefully to work properly.

3: the scoop should kick the balls to the right flipper. Powering down the coil power should make a difference. Check the playfield to be leveled and between 6.5 to 7 degree pitch. If necessary, adjust the legs.

1 year later
#12624 2 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

Just joined the club and got a DI SE from a friend. Absolutely love the game. Fantastic flow and rules.
Quick question.
When I set it up at my place, the ball jumps off the left habit trail most of the time. Ball hits the end of the habit trail and launches off. My buddy didn't have the issue at his place, until he moved it just before I bought it. He mentioned there was a fix from JJP. Can someone take a pic of the fix?
I'm going to try and adjust front legs and raise them a bit to see if that helps, but wanted to see the JJP fix.
Thanks!

The jjp plastic will prevent the ball from flying off the rail. But the ball will still bounce back and disturb the flow. I had the same problem, never used this plastic.
You can just try to use some washers to move it up and bent the end of the wire ramp carefully upwards to adjust the angle a little. Maybe that's enough.

1 month later
#12780 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Just found this on the playfield. Any idea where it came from?
[quoted image]

That's the flap from trap door. Common issue.

#12787 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

If I remember correctly, there's a new plastic washer that goes under the nearby wireform too. I guess the trap door was hitting the bottom of the wireform?

Is there a link or a picture how this looks like? I'm pretty sure, that's the problem. I did the nut fix in the coil, an it's okay since that, but the trap door still hits the wireform...

1 week later
#12812 1 year ago
Quoted from JvdS:

Maybe it is painted....strange...not my work....
[quoted image]

The shooter rod plate and the coin door emblem are mods, there is nothing from factory. Could be fixed just by double sided tape. Your le plate "fits" that design. Can't believe someone painted it... Maybe your original plate is somewhere in the coin box or goodies bag?

#12817 1 year ago
Quoted from JvdS:

No its not….can you order them from Jjp?

I don't think so, but you could just ask them. I would try to contact privious owners, maybe someone has it still anywhere and forgot it. If you don't have success, just leave it this way and consider it as your special unique pin

Oh... Wait: did you remove the modded le plate? Maybe original is still under your mod mounted?

1 month later
#12908 1 year ago
Quoted from skwal:

Hi guys,
I just got an issue on my dialed in, the theater does not grab the ball anymore, in the test switches i got "theater enter" stuck open
Does anyone knows where is the issue?
I also seem to have a gate/switch behind the theater that seems in an odd position (see photos)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had to bend the metal gate a little to make it move freely.

#12910 1 year ago
Quoted from skwal:

Can you post a photo on how you bended it?
Thanks

Like that. Just needs a little...

2c03ad1e4d34c2a2ba85d286a85707304bfc4f62~3 (resized).jpg2c03ad1e4d34c2a2ba85d286a85707304bfc4f62~3 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#12923 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I need a little phone scoop help. I have a protector on there now, and a protector inside a bag of Cliffys that was part of the Dialed In kit. I assume the protector in the bag is an actual Cliffy, and the one installed is factory. Two questions:
1) How can I tell the difference for sure, because
2) Which is better at lowering rejects?
I have a lot of rejects from that shot. The ball appears to fall into the hole partway and then pop back out again more often than I think it should. My searches seemed to give inconsistent answers. Anyone?

The factory protector was quite thick and had a cut out in the front. Cliffy's is much thinner, without a cutout. I use a Cliffy and do not have a lot of rejects after bending it a little to fit properly and staying flat on the playfield. Same on Sim card. Plays fine with Cliffy's. Some like mantis Protectors more. To absolutely minimize rejects you have to play without Protectors and the risk of chipping playfield. But that's no option for me...

1 month later
#12988 1 year ago
Quoted from ripit:

I think we should get a choice on that or at least notify us of the consequence's for uploaded the new code. Why have them work on test but not when the game plays . We are losing a toy.

I am at 1.73 software. That is the last one with support for the app (not available anymore, but still on my phone and is still working). This software spins the drones one after another a little bit, but it still spins them. Will stay on that, if you don't need Bluetooth headphones or online features, just go back to that software. If one drone fails and you are able to solder small things and have some time, it's very cheap to repair.

#12998 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

Drone spins are cool. It’s funny how some people are NOT so passionate about the drone spinning more often.

I was thinking about modding them, but didn't yet because of minor usage in newer software. My idea would be to mount them on a spring instead of the screw and give the cables a little more space. The drones would not just spin but also fly off a little bit. Wouldn't that be cool if it was working? Maybe it's an idea and someone here can do that

#13002 1 year ago
Quoted from aeneas:

I tried something similar and wanted to 3d print a holder so they could move up.
Didn't continue after some tests as the cables don't have much space.

Cool idea with a 3d print. I stuck at the same problem with the cables as well. Has anybody knowledge of flex cables or something like that?

4 weeks later
#13079 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

This pin is so much fun, only not sure if the side missions are worth anything to be honest. Seems like most point are in the modes and especially SIM and Big Bang.
However maybe I’m not doing something correctly. Is there any strategy for points besides the disaster modes and SIM cards?

The side modes, especially Bob and theatre multi ball can help a lot to get forward collecting Sims and doing modes. I would avoid emp mode without Multiball for example.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
5,815 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trektobbygermany.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=trektobbygermany and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.