Topic Stats

• 9,061 posts
  • 494 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 minutes ago by altan
  • Topic is favorited by 165 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,088 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DI CLIP (resized).jpg
DI1 (resized).jpg
DI2 (resized).jpg
DI4 (resized).jpg
69372CE8-CD3A-4BBA-83ED-0A9FAFD64120 (resized).jpeg
568A8AB3-9D97-47E8-AA46-E8F17CEE6CF1 (resized).jpeg
diflash (resized).jpg
99121346-CA6A-4DFC-8201-4E64F2D70934 (resized).jpeg
di-decals-sample (resized).jpg
decals4 (resized).jpg
decals2 (resized).jpg
decals1 (resized).jpg
decals0 (resized).jpg
E7AA35A9-DCF8-41E0-BF0E-55B48A51044D (resized).jpeg
20190828_143115 (resized).jpg
20190814_142930 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (2 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (1 year ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (1 year ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (1 year ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (1 year ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (1 year ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (1 year ago)

Post #1253 Velcro fix for right ramp hangup Posted by cooked71 (1 year ago)

Post #1258 Detailed pictures for adjusting a misbehaving trap door Posted by foobeer (1 year ago)

Post #1332 Getting access to computer in backbox on Dialed In Posted by hank527 (1 year ago)

Post #1347 Ball trap location. Posted by Kevlar (1 year ago)

Post #1377 Fix for USB at the coin door not working Posted by Pinhead1982 (1 year ago)

Post #1391 Fix for Tilt Bob not working all of a sudden Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #1431 Adjustment point to grease for trap door to operate smoothly Posted by LTG (1 year ago)

Post #1451 Adjusting arm on Quantum Mechanic Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #2507 How to get in backbox to check audio connections Posted by pinstadium (1 year ago)

Post #2661 DIY Lighting how-to for sides of Dialed In backglass Posted by lyonsden (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 2 years ago

...correct. The original club WOOT!!!

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Are these generally available now? Or do you need to get on a wait list?

Waaaaaait. LEs are shipping now to early people...Standards come next I think and I heard 1 distro say beginning of Julyish but don't know aboot that.

#75 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Dialed In manual was recently posted to the Jersey Jack website earlier this month.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-manual-released-link-inside

I thought you fancy LE owners were given a printed out manual?

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Le and ce get printed manuals but they are not ready. They will ship separatelyper Jack.

Shipping without everything ready....sounds aboot right these days.

1 week later
#98 2 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Was told it should ship this week.

I've been told SE 'should' ship this friday

#101 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Sounds crazy but I kind of feel like Dial In is a continuation in smooth of NGG
What do you think?

I think that's probably because it has 2 real orbit shots, instead of a Lawlor Shot, Which is pretty rare for him. eXpecially NGG which left orbit is massive

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

I know this is a dialed in fans club but man you def have the Pitchfork out for stern

God it's frikkin annoying. it's just as bad as the other side...just feeds both stupid sides to say their stupid endless shit forever.

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

LE also has invisa glass and a few other things over the standard right?

Yes those are the main things

#166 2 years ago
Quoted from PavBall:

Can you get the comic book with the standard?

OMG the comic book...how did I forget take my monies

EDIT: Sorry Read this the wrong way & not as a serious question, my bad.

#169 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Obviously she's just asking a question...jeez. Not everyone follows every thread on Pinside and knows everything...

Oh yes you are correct, my mistake. I read it as a usual snarky LE vs SE that fill this thread. Apologies.

1 week later
#197 2 years ago

Well not in the club yet... In case anyone would like to know standard DOES NOT fit in a 2016 Chevy equinox

There's 100 miles down the shitter

Exit: not true, it's a 2017...and the back seat want pulled forward and it needed some lube.

#200 2 years ago

FG (resized).jpg
I'll get it working maybe

#211 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Sorry dude... ya deserved better
Kudos for not going on a tirade about it. You know it'll get fixed. But the "waiting"... it's the hardest part. Yes I just made that up myself.

Haha I'll make it through somehow
Still working on getting the left orbit to actually orbit but it's a damn fun one alright.

#215 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If I had one criticism, I would get away from the extra all candy (I got 3 in this game), seems JJP games give out tons of EBs. I know that can be adjusted in home settings.

Yeah it gives out EB for points so you know that's a bit much!

Modes go pretty fast eh?

#217 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Loved the modes. Seemed like I could end a mode with a big bang shot. Loved that!
There were a few times I blew up big bang with all these rewards bUT it didn't give me a final point value for it all. Would be nice to have seen thst or is it there maybe and I miss it?

The big bang either: ends the mode, collects all lit jackpots in MB. Or combination if stacked.
So it isn't a 'smart bomb' grabbing everything lit.

Or if you're specifically asking just aboot points awarded being shown, I'm not sure myself.

#219 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The big bang either: ends the mode, collects the sim card, collects all lit jackpots in MB. Or combination if stacked.
So it isn't a 'smart bomb' grabbing everything lit.
Or if you're specifically asking just aboot points awarded being shown, I'm not sure myself.

Wait, I'm sorry I think I may be mistaken. I thought the BB collected a lit sim card after a mode but others are saying it does not. I'll check in 23 minutes. "Sorry honey I'm going to have to play a quick game; official business."

Indeed it does not. Well...I'm really at the top of my game aren't I? Quick...to the wishlist thread

#232 2 years ago

I don't know how it got out of factory like that

#239 2 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Does Dialed In "kick ass" like owners of GOT think of their pin (which I agree with). Seems like there isn't a ton of excitement about Dialed In.

Well I own both and yes i would say that DI, kicks some asses; but how many asses has yet to be seen.
I'm still learning how to play it and honestly it was kind of kicking me ass at first for some reason; and I just recently started having some good games on it. I'm learning right now what to ignore...like the drones. Do the drones ever give you anything to justify hitting that shot? I'm not so sure. Is the skill shot worth my time? Not so sure. Also trying to learn more ways to light Sim cards through MBs and shiz like that.
Overall it's just a really fun game and it will make you happy playing it. Although draining with a Sim card lit makes me angry. But hey it should be a simple shot to learn you'd think. Haven;t check my cam but in my basement it takes some of the worst images I have seen since a phone flipped.
It seems a little more straight forward than GOT. GOT has it's unique points system so there was a lot to talk aboot there with strategery.

#249 2 years ago

Enough with the thread jack please.

Quoted from psexton:

New to pinball...

Fair question, you can make a brand new thread or do some searches in the forum. Not the correct place for this conversation.

#253 2 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

...and that's pretty much the only time you shoot the scoop.
Add to that the fact that the mode timers never stop, so you're incentivized to keep shooting and not slow things down too much.

Quick points I actually think the timer stops in the pops...or it's tricking me to think it. You also need to shoot the phone scoop to add more time to modes and side scoop for Sim Cards.

What is a combo considered in the game? Lit shots of 3 or more? I've never broken 7 to be honest so I thought it must be more than 1 shot then a lit shot?

#255 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think it's a pretty fair question. In a DI owners thread asking DI owners what pin would compliment it. No?

Not to me, but I'm only me.

#280 2 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Anyone had issues with the balls?

Whatever company I get a game from the balls they give never hit the PF.

#287 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

BTW: JJP is listening to us.

True they are.

FIX YOUR DAMN CLEAR COAT!!!!

#290 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

So I'm going to go NIB on this pin - anybody know what the wait is?

The orders from Cliffy are a couple weeks out so factor that in

#303 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Is this a factory protector you have?

What are you not understanding?

Quoted from rockrand:

...and that was before the protector was s factory idem...

Ah this

#313 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Have you tried a quick "slap" on the right flipper button at the correct time?

Ah so you have to hit the flipper button at the right time...thanks for the tip

#319 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

LE #650 powering up for the first time.

Welcome! make sure to run that trapdoor a bunch...seems to be like the biggest tweaking area.

#322 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Knock on wood.... mine has worked great the first 150 games this past week.

Yeah mine was really jacked up and took some metal bending. I mean whatever it was a simple job just took a hot minute

#334 2 years ago

Rubber isn;t the best. Like everyone else the slings were trashed on mine in no time.

#361 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Some of them should trigger sooner too.

Count me in the "they ALL need to trigger quicker" camp. This was my original point with learning how to use technology to your advantage instead of against you. You hit a lit shot and every light on the damn thing starts blinking so you can't see the next shot....add in the directions coming too late not very user friendly. Of course unless that's what they're going for which is fine in my book.

#363 2 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

All but two of the modes are always the same; the last shot moves around on SINGULARITY, and the pair moves around on EARTH SHAKER, but that's it. You should_ know by now what the next shot for the mode in progress is.

Hence my point

Quoted from TheLaw:

Of course unless that's what they're going for which is fine in my book.

1 week later
#375 2 years ago
Quoted from focusmediagroup:

When the magnet activates in the theatre it always drops the ball SDTM. It seems to be level, anyone know a fix?

Yes you need to pump up the strength of the magnet. I forget how much but do a search its been talked aboot a bunch

#385 2 years ago

I'm a factory 6.5 or a little more for my games.

#388 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I think it's cool that Dialed In comes preset to 6.5 degrees with all levelers down. Out of the box, it's the "right" angle.

Yeah I've never tried this but I keep hearing it. Is it true because JJP set up info does not claim it.

#391 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I was claimed at the launch of the machine by JJP.

Oh...not on their website or any info i got with the game. I got the day off tomorrow i'll give it a test.

#418 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Another small question, should the left orbit shot go around smoothly and quickly? I've got the right flipper at maximum strength but feels like it might not be strong enough.

Varies, but can be an issue. Some people's are fine some people's suck. Somone said they basically rebuilt the flipper and it fixed it. mine has been garbage the entire time I've had it. Pumped it up all the way and it'll trickle over there a little more now-a-days...def doesn;t shoot freely into the orbit to flipper.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-theater-magnet
This just says what LTG says below.

#425 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Take the glass off and record the ball going into and coming out of (at the top) the left orbit and see if it's smooth of wobbling back and forth from wall to wall.

Mine has never been good and you can feel it's weak coming off the flipper. I wish there was something it was getting hung up on back there. Shooting the right orbit/ramp feels completely diff'rent on mine...and that shot starts much deeper in the PF.

#435 2 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

I was reading some very old threads here (5-6 years old) regarding Stern and people wanting an original theme, Lawlor, build quality, etc.
It made me laugh, because DI has delivered that and much more. Not
Sure why anyone is critical of this game. (Except for cost, but one can easily feel the quality while playing)

2 things.
1. Theme is the most important thing in games now.
2. Because everyone has to complain aboot every thing. I always thought it was going to be a continuation of the PL disaster series and it was, so I was happy.

#439 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Yes their expensive, but who cares...all pinball machines these days are expensive. At least with JJP, and CGC you get quality.

Well I care for sure. I understand everyone likes to assume that Stern pros are for OPs only but that isn't true

#441 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

There's a simple solution...buy a used one or don't buy one at all.... Building these machines isn't cheap...

That's all fine and well. I'm responding to you basically saying there's no diff'rence betwixt 5 & $8,000...I'm happy you have those monies to throw around, just don't act like everyone does.

#443 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

....my point is you get much more for your money with the JJP and CGC games....

That is an opinion that many people agree with and many people disagree with; it is not a fact. But anyway, there's no point to rehash any of it here.

I'm just still waiting for JJP to send me a new board and Cliffy to send my needed PF protectors.

#450 2 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

...Three springs made it worse. One spring was worse also. But the two wasn't working anyway. Will try grease.

Yep try grease...IF that doesn't work like mine didn't i had to go in there with pliers and bend some metal for sure.
But seems the grease works for most.

#486 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Anyone else have issues with the Bob trap door flap not laying flat on the playfield?

Yes quite a few people. Read a few things here and search for some more.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-assembly-line-set-up/page/20#post-3890013

#495 2 years ago

Mine needed work but once fixed never had any problem with it...never had to go through a ball search with it in there either but maybe that's just a random thing

#504 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Old lady photo bombed me lol

Must be my location becasue my camera pics are just horrible. Nothing like yours

#507 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

seems u have alot of issues with yours?

Well only 1 issue - it looks like shit

Maybe I got an artistic one with a longer shutter speed...always blurry. When i go in the cam test though it looks fine...but of course that's the wide angle.

#509 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

O sorry must got u confused with op that had trapdoor,and flipper issues.

Oh ha...I just meant 1 problem with the camera itself
Yes my game has had some issues for sure. Cam, trap door, blown board/coil, bad orbit/right flipper.
That reminds me I need to head up to the UPS store and mail back the board...at cost to me?

#513 1 year ago

People have been saying it was designed to be 6.5 with the leg levels all the way down

I keep all mine at 6.5 they way they were built

#525 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Maybe because the camera doesn't have a "stabilization" feature for all of the nudging? Just joking.

Believe me i had considered that!

#542 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

YI'm wondering if you can TURN OFF the phone from constantly vibrating or ringing....

Yes by shooting the phone scoop

#556 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

this B O B shot is confusing me.

Spelling bob lights kickback and lights random bob award. Extra balls that are lit in the game are collected there. When the lock is lit you can also lock it in bob shot.

The squares are telling you what is available. Like "charge the phone" which lights the disaster and the "disaster" square... "Lock is lit" etc

#563 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks! So how do you earn those quick MB modes? Is it not by hitting the BOB targets multiple times? Same with the extra ball. Or is it earned by hitting BOB 3 times and you're given them randomly - there is no way to guarantee when you get them??

Crazy Bob’s
When lit Crazy Bob will award, in this order:
- Crazy Mode
- Quick Multiball
Every other award is a bonus multiplier increase by default. Extra Ball is lit at the shot for every three Crazy Bob's rewards collected.

http://tiltforums.com/t/dialed-in-rulesheet-wiki/2855

#568 1 year ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I did end up opening up the backbox by removing the black torx screws on either side of the name plate. Once I got it open, I simply left it unlocked.

mine was the same way but after opening it the first time it works fine now.

#627 1 year ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Right - for example, if Mystery Package is lit during EMP or Volcano, you'll get the whip around after it's (silently) awarded.
I'm going to go report that as a bug...

Why would it be a bug (unless you mean the silent part)? I would see it as an advantage to stacking 2 things together.

1 week later
#655 1 year ago
Quoted from andre060:

Are Dialed In Cliffy protectors available at any of the usual pinball supply shops? I emailed Cliff to order one from him directly but haven't heard back

Only avaiable directly form him. He's backlogged for weeks I would imagine but I'm sure he'll get back to you.

#657 1 year ago
Quoted from andre060:

Good to know, thanks!

No prob took around 2.5-3 weeks to get mine. I bet he goes to sleep every night hoping the Protector fairies come out and give him a hand.

#691 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

guys - does your game have any rubber protection on the left inlane middle post? The left inlane has a rubber on the post to the left but the middle post that is in b/w - any rubber expected to go on that one?

No you can't put rubber on a metal ball guide like that.

#698 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ok I can see that but won't the metal on metal scratch the ball?

Yes it will scratch the ball over time like everything else. Pinball machines have been made this way for 60+ years. It's just like the met you owned

#718 1 year ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

the only issue with the machine is I'm already tiring of the theme itself, it's almost Sim City but not, just a bit random. I played a single game yesterday and didn't feel like another which isn't a great sign for me.

Just sell it now when you csn get a good price still. No one should have to own a machine they don't enjoy playing

#723 1 year ago

OK so the update is we've learned people like diff'rent games... Glad we're all caught up

#758 1 year ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

You shoot the ramps(left,right)= lights Lock ball(side ramp). Lock 2 balls = 1st multiball.
2nd multiball & up= more ramp shots & requires 3 balls locked to start M-Ball. Phone scoop is shot to start all multiballs, except crazy Bob m-balls.

Save Big Bang(50,000) during a mode! It automatically completes current mode & lights the Sim Card shot.

Sim Cards are available after any mode or achievement is 100% completed during the time given.

You can push your turn your multiball off by hitting both flippers when your phone starts right right after a lock. It will turn off and you can start a mode, add a ball to that MB.

Big Bang also collects all lit Jackpots in MB, or all JP + finishes mode when running together.

I had my best game yest the other day in which I had 4 Sim cards lit/stacked and cashed them all in But of course I didn;t get to armegeddon or showdown so whatever

EDIT: I still the thing the BB sjhould be used to score a Sim Card if lit...but I don't find the BB shot dangerous at all.

#762 1 year ago
Quoted from JWJr:

The SIM card unlighting when a ball drains is just mean_. You can turn that off in the Settings, but I respect Pat too much to do that.
The BB shot danger depends on where the QED is; I've had a number of perfect BB shots come back SDTM.

Yeah I refuse to turn on sim holdover as well. Without becoming annoyed/scared/angry and flailing away at that sim card hole it would be a totally diff'rent game.

Interesting...never had much issue with BB. I'm going to try not to notice it or it will probably start happening all the time.

#768 1 year ago

Grind it off or tin snips would be my guess. Snips are not graceful though

#823 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Do you guys think I should cut out the mylar over the magnet?

Yes just cut it out, it takes literally 2 minutes.

#855 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Has anyone seen this trap door error?

Yes, i saw it all the time until i took the mech apart and bend the metal lip. But try greasing is on the points in the picture above first

#899 1 year ago
Quoted from Grateful_Pin:

Where should lock ramp/station 3 wire form exit to instead of SDTM? Left or right flipper?

Yeah left flipper...I had to adjust The wireform connection point to get it to fall correctly

#902 1 year ago
Quoted from jamjam:

I'm confused about the left orbit though... the trap door always opens and catches the ball? When should it go around?

Trap door comes from the factory stiff it seems....it's a tricky mech.
See above on LTG post #854 how to grease it up

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/18#post-4026643

#904 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

So, for the new owners like myself, other than the trap door and the lock ramp/station 3 wire form exit adjustments, are there any other known things to look out for?

Bottom 2 LEDs on Bob sign sometimes reversed
Sometimes Trap Door fix doesn't help not being able to make left orbit all the way to right upper flipper
Make sure lightning bolt is in the correct way - straight bolt end on right side - But I gotta admit I kind of liked it the other way where the bolt hits the ball on the wireform

#906 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Theater magnet sld toss it back sometimes

Oh duh yeah that's an obvious one! Increase magnet strength on theatre until (when let) after it catches the ball it flings it backwards a la Shadow/RBION

#910 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

but my left wireform does occasionally bounce off the end (maybe 1 in 10) as it comes down to the left inlane.

Yeah Mine did it at first but broke itself in and fixed it. I would just play that bad boy and let the magic happen.

You got the Theatre mag working correctly right? That's the big deal.

#912 1 year ago

It will happen almost every time it's lit during a mode (not EMP) or hurry up...if you're seeing it it's working right.

#991 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

Total newbie here, got my machine 2 months ago and can't stop playing. But can someone please tell me how to download and install the update? When I go to JJP support page for downloads it only lists the older 1.13...?

New one isn't out yet

#998 1 year ago

Nope that's just EMP. Really the magnets should move the ball a bit. Sometimes they are super strong, sometimes weak as hell. Better start shaking that machine when it's aboot to drop

#1003 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Put your machine on "Director's Cut" which changes a bunch of settings to be like Pat intended, including the magnets to "MEDIUM".

Whaaaaaaa a Director's Cut eh? Nice...disables the ball save I assume?

#1050 1 year ago

1000% not needed. I play in light, low light, 0 lights and there is not one inch of 5he playfield you have any hard time seeing at all.

#1053 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Damn some harsh responses. The pic on the left def looks darker than mine and I have no problem seeing anything but I'm willing to give the guy a post to show the pics. I wouldn't expect multiple posts though.

Its Basically spam.

#1099 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I can see my own game in person, and I've seen your product. It mostly just blows out all the detail and colour of games that are already well lit.

Yeah but what aboot when the color is set to Raspberry?!?

#1120 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

I know this was brought up earlier, but is anyone aware of a fix besides putting the machine in Director's Cut mode?

Yes you need to go into the menu and adjust the magnet settings and see what happens.

For example

Quoted from vireland:

Trial and error. It should release the ball a little then quickly pull it back, swinging it around to the right upper flipper. Start at -90 and try it, then adjust -10 until you get to the point it does it reliably. I will say that removing the mylar from the magnet core in the center of that mylar also required me to re-adjust the pull time, too.

3 weeks later
#1560 1 year ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Seeing how the cab comes with the metal protectors on it, do most of you also use the felt protectors that are provided for the legs??

This is the only new game I used felt on because the spacing on these are not well done at all.

#1571 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Am I correct in thinking if you have 2 sim cards ready to collect you have to hit the sim scoop twice? 1 hit doesn't collect both?

Yes.
I actually had 4 stacked the other month and collected them all amazingly. It was stressful

#1573 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Can anyone explain the basic rules of the game....

Very basic level
Hit moving target man to light mode in phone scoop.
Complete mode hitting shots to light sim card.
Collect all sim cards for wizard.

#1580 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Isn't there a wizard mode for starting all 11 disasters?

Well I didn't want to get too technical with the little things. It's another mode that is good but not a wizard mode...in 3 years anytime MB starts it'll be a wiz mode

Showdown is one mode armegeddon is the other

#1603 1 year ago
Quoted from Snailman:

But you can collect any *lit* SIM cards during Chaos in Quantum City MB, correct?

Not positive myself but I don;t see any reason you wouldn't...they don't 'turn off' for any other MB.

#1606 1 year ago

marco white rubber

#1619 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Unfortunately, the damage is larger than the surface area covered by the Cliffy. Looks like the JJP protector was designed to cover more surface area.

Yup, that's called "design quality" here.

#1669 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I’m going to be putting some quality time on a route DI this weekend. Can anyone recommend a (fairly) simple approach to the game to have the most fun, get the most out of it and - to a lesser degree - score the best?
Thanks!

Yes. You need to complete modes to collect sim cards to make modes valuable. After locking your first ball hit the buttons at the same time a few times in order to push back the MB...this will allow you to take a mode into MB.
Remember the Big Bang shot collects all jackpots lit & completes a mode.....so try to hit that bad boy at the right time.
Keep completing the BOB targets on the left to relight your kickback & advance to MBs there.

#1672 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

How do you start modes?

By hitting the cell phone scoop. If the cell phone is lit it's ready...if it isn;t you need to hit the moving target, lightning bolt dude, to light.

#1674 1 year ago
Quoted from Raincity:

What does that wire control? Any reason I shouldn't splice it back together?

Probably just a ground

Whoa weird eh?

#1676 1 year ago
Quoted from Raincity:

Normally black wire means power though - it's usually green to indicate a ground.

These are pinball machines not home wiring Although I havn't delved into JJP wiring yet.

Your phone works though...and lights around phone.

#1679 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

No SIM card bonus awarded for completing, no stacking a mode into it, and it halts progression towards the real wizard modes in the game.

I think you're over thinking it; It's a MB and people like MB. If you're a good player and thinking 'moves ahead' there are plenty of things that don't work in your favor in games, happens all the time.

#1681 1 year ago
Quoted from JMK:

What is required to cancel multi-ball when it's ready (i.e.: you're not yet in a mode and would rather delay starting MB).
Thanks!

Hit both buttons. After you lock a ball you'll hear the phone ringing...before launching the ball hit the flipper buttons and it will stop ringing.

#1683 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It’s a halfway point, similar to Chaos in QC, but HOTK is based on what was done leading up to that point. Same could be said for Kobayashi Maru in ST with medals. From what I gather, none of that integration exists with Chaos in QC and it’s just a standard multiball.

It's PL's game not SR/Dwight & not all games/rules need to be the same.

There comes a time when you just gotta kick a games ass for straight up points and no progression

#1691 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Not sure why that’s an ouch moment for you?

It seemed a little rough to me. This was before he edited it and added the last sentence...probably so it wouldn't be taken the wrong way.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don’t have the luxury of buying $9k pins ...

It's 8K

#1708 1 year ago

I have Standard and it's great. If someone can't see any area of the PF they should head immediately to the doctors office. The cheapest option for Pinstadium lights is 150. Put in a $1 spotlight if you really can't see the corner.
I have played with invisiglass on & off and not much of a diff'rence in my set up.

#1711 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

-- if you don't, there's a big hole in that wave. You know?
The visual impact of the masterful use of the full RGB has this big gap in it without those ramp lights.

Ah I see what you're saying. That wouldn't be worth $200 upgrade from the factory for me, not with the high price already; but we all have diff'rent things that excite us.

#1713 1 year ago

What's a PP? Edit: oh playfield protector?

#1716 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Not sure how asking a question deserves a thumbs down? Usually when you agree or disagree it’s to a statement, not a question. Doesn’t really bother me or anything, I just find it funny.

Deserves got nothing to do with it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/21#post-4038843

#1718 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

... So again, how exactly does posing a question advocate a thumbs down? or are you just being arrogant?

You're starting to sound a little bothered by it; I think you're taking it too personally.
Pinstadium lights are going to get a thumbs down from me in this thread, it has nothing to do with anyone's arrogance.

EDIT: Unirregardless, it won;t address the issue as further explained by epthegeek after our posts.

#1723 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What's the overall consensus of this mech, is it just a typical pinball pain with easy resolution or have people really been having a serious problem getting this mech to work consistently?

The overall consensus simple solution usually works. Some grease here and there and most people are good to go. I had to get in there and really bend the metal to get mine to work, and it took a bit of time taking the mech apart yada yada but it isn't the end of the world. I just saw someone might have said they've had to go back in and fiddle with it (?) but mostly once it's fixed it stays fixed.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nah, just felt like calling you out for once since it's not the first time ive seen you thumbs down someone for unwarranted reasons (plus im bored so i actually had the time to post about it). But since you keep dodging the question, ill leave it alone for now.

You can call me out all you'd like, doens't bother me and I don;t take much personally here. I'm not dodging anything, we just have diff'rent ideas on what thumbs down are for.

#1727 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Anyone else had a right ramp shot take the entrance between the left loop and right ramp rather than make the ramp?

Yes but not often. From what I remember hearing people say it happens very sparingly...it even made a few of us think it was meant to do it it worked so smooth like you're explaining it.

Quoted from Delta9:

Law is as arrogant as they come dont waste your breath on this poor exuse as a human being

They call that holiday spirit!

#1729 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Anyone else...

Oh here check this out

Quoted from rockrand:

Sorry to say there is no such thing as a true right orbit,what happened is the ball was moving so fast it jumped the wall and continued around the orbit instead of following the orbit wall and back to the right flipper as intended,I had this happen and if bobs hatch is open the ball can get stuck behind the trap and ball search will not clear the jam,I told jjp a month ago and they thanked me and said they were going to lower flipper power on the line,if you want to stop this from happening you should lower the left flipper power to around 15 or so and it will not jump the wall anymore.

#1767 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Turns out that most of them ended up being build related (missing part, ramp installed incorrectly, magnet installed incorrectly, ramp switches reversed, etc.).

Build Quality!

#1782 1 year ago
Quoted from venom112:

Is it worth 8k or 9k when you can get a stern for between 5-7k depending on the model? Dialed in looks amazing but is it worth the extra money??

SW & DI are so completely diff'rent it's hard to pit them against each other....so I won't.
I will say SW is an awesome game, and it's a Stern and feels like a stern and plays fantastic.
For as much as you hear people say "DI is total throwback to 90s W/B etc," it's 100% true and it's impossible not to have fun playing it.

8K+ is a lot though.

#1809 1 year ago
Quoted from jardine:

Anything to do with pitch??

Yes...It seems to settle down a bit over time, but pitch over 6.5 can cause it to jump off.

#1813 1 year ago
Quoted from jardine:

have all new owners experienced this?

Not all of them but it is a common issue yes.

#1865 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Question. Can I download and install 1.52 without installing 1.50 straight from the org version?

I don;t THINK so...152 seems to be a very small update from what i downloaded...if i did it correctly.

EDIT: Or using their terms it sems 1.50 was a full update and 1.52 is a Delta?

#1885 1 year ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I'll be honest I don't know what that means. Tried to just drag the iso file onto the drive and it said it was too big,

Right click on the stick in windows and select reformat. Reformat it to "FAT" format. NTFS has a max of 4 gigs files.

#1894 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Here are some photos/videos for anyone else experiencing my issue.

What happens if you move the machine and not just let it STDM you?

#1897 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Nudging sometimes works, but if you look closely at the video, it's not that close to the left flipper.

Well it's not close to the flipper because you're not nudging the machine

#1905 1 year ago

Personally I don't care much for level left & right...it's all ball roll for me.
I understand people like to over analyze every single aspect of everything now; but I can tell pretty damn quick if the game is level without the use of tools.

#1911 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My targets were all adjusted pretty well...the wrench target in the pops is one exception. It works, but really needs to be hit directly/hard. On the todo list.

Agreed there. It isn't the easiest shot and when you finally hit it and it doesn't register it's a bit of a bummer.

I plan on taking your advice and working on my flippers as well...seem way more random on this than other games.

#1921 1 year ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

But it's mainly happening on the left post next to the phone scoop. I've noticed in the jjp cliffy instructions that post is a different type. Mine is the solid type with a rubber all the way down.
The one in the picture is a nornal post with a small circular rubber up top.
Did jjp swap it out this part to a new one?

I thought I heard someone say they sent out a new post, or would send one out, with the new scoop protector?

#1935 1 year ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Can you guys either let it go or take this to PM?

Killing the thread

#1947 1 year ago
Quoted from Jpp718:

I'm having a problem with the balls coming out of the trough

OK.

EDIT: Or did you want to elaborate on that?

#1993 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

What do you guys have you game set at? 6.5? 7? 7.5? Curious to hear...

#1996 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Measured where on the pf? Using digital level?

Digital level is fine or pinball leveler ap...that will let you see if your bubble is pretty close or not.

#2009 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Played 3 dile including mine and ball falls to left flipper....

My SE goes to left as well.

#2018 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

since we know the magnet is in the same place for everyone's machine.

Actually we don't know how much the magnet is sticking out if you want to get very techincal which it sounds like everyone does.

I need to re-level my machine as I put the levelers all the way in like they never told me to do but apparently is the way it was designed. Now I wonder if it will fall diff'rent?

#2020 1 year ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

W
Has anyone else had huge issues like I'm having or am I the only lucky bastard??

Uff that sucks. Haven't heard of many big issues like this but that is a major buzz kill.

#2027 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Unless PL is personally coming to your house to level your game, I wouldn't put much stock into his recommendation to twist all those levellers in.

Sure sure....but it's just a starting point for further adjustments. But honestly, I don't care much. It's set up around 6.5, I go play in a tournament it's jacked up higher, down at the bar it's something else etc.

#2031 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

Pat has been pretty clear about how the game was designed, and the defaults for it.

Yes, we all understand this now. The problem is JJP never told anyone.

#2034 1 year ago
Quoted from Marvin:

WHAT??? They literally announced this at the reveal in Chicago. It was discussed here a bunch, I think they discussed it in the setup video they did, and it's right in the manual.

YES REALLY!!!

First of it isn't a big deal; I'm just saying put that info on the sheet taped to the game when you unbox it, or put it in the set up directions on the website; For all I know they may do that now.
Reveals aren't the best place to give info to buyers; because I'm a buyer and didn't watch the reveal and most likely never would. I never heard of this until I heard frolic mention it well after the fact + linked the video, and I'm on pinside a lot.
The manual was late getting out as you know.

#2065 1 year ago

Haven't installed either but I don't know if I will now... Didn't hear aboot the 2.0 vwrsion

#2077 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

You can easily make 1.0 into a 2.0 by just cutting it at the crease and filing the rough edges and corners.

Thanks for the info; glad it's an easy fix.

#2096 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Thsts the point of the slings? To be evil and make the game harder?

I don't know man, I have a ticket open now because the ball goes between the Flippers a lot... Not cool JJP!!

#2098 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I was wondering why i cant get to deep into this pin.... the slings and hole between my flippers are wrong......

Yeah it's a great game, but there are tons of flaws. I have a phone meeting with Jack and the team today hopefully I can get in their ear aboot some unpleasantness. I spent a lot for this game, and the other say in MB one of my flippers stopped working and started shaking. Wtf?!? I thought me and my machine were teamates but sometimes I feel like the goddamn thing is working against me!

#2107 1 year ago

Yeah that thing is fugly. Mine was fixed pretty easy too but you know people love to jack their games up super steep.

#2109 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Or use cliffy’s switch protectors.

Quoted from mrgregb123:

PSA: Make sure you install mylar or a cliffy at the inlane drops.

But yes they do need it. Area started denting much earlier than my SW

#2114 1 year ago

Oh yeah I gotta update mine too. I was going to but then i read I needed UNetbootin and lost interest.

#2117 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

You kidding.

Nope.

I didn't rage quit it or anything, I just saw I needed to download another program I didn't expect and did other activities.

Also...I'm a touch lazy.

#2149 1 year ago

Between the slings.

#2151 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

So between slings the reading should be 6.5? Which would be the third bubble line on my game.

Which is why you'll always hear "never trust the bubble."

#2176 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Haven’t tried a new cable - not exactly many VGA cables around the house like the old days!

Haha you probabably had like 20 of them for years and finally threw them out!

#2202 1 year ago
Quoted from jfre81:

The more I hear about Dialed In the more I want to see it, and I should at Joystix in Houston tomorrow night. Will be my first JJP experience.

For me it plays lot better than the other JJPs; It's a ton of fun for sure.

#2233 1 year ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Guys don't do it. Don't turn SIM memory on

For real, you're just cheating yourself.
Turning it on is the same thing as people that play with 5 balls and then "beat the game " and then get bored with it.

#2237 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Hahahaha, why the hell would someone downvote this post?

Because I disagree with it, what the fuck business is it of yours exactly hahaaha?

#2242 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I’d rather play the game as intended by Pat, but I don’t want to damage my insanely expensive game!

Well you can always play it for years until it's blown out and then Cliffy it; the way we've been doing it for a long time

#2245 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Someone had mentioned stacking multiballs is a strategy to get through some of the modes and score. Can someone explain that a bit. Sometimes I get the lock and phone rings for multiball, but I can't get the mode started first.

When you lock the first ball, new ball pops out and the phone is ringing for MB. Hit both flippers and it will turn the MB "off," allowing you to start a mode first and then the phone will ring to start MB with the mode running.

Or yes staring any mode and then starting any MB. Generally you'd want to do this with the harder modes with more shots. And of course sometimes you try to get any MB started if you have a couple+ SIM cards lit.

#2248 1 year ago

Yeah it was very confusing at first to be made to start MB after 1 ball lock

#2288 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Anyone know what I can do?

Don;t be a victim of the machine and nudge the damn thing.

Or do a search. Sarnoff I believe has a ton of posts on this,.

#2290 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Oh trust me, I'm nudging like a mofo! But it still is very difficult to save.

Did you try this?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/40#post-4119516

#2292 1 year ago

Oh sorry this is not magnet related?...yeah shit bro you gotta hit that shot not miss it

#2314 1 year ago

Quality build!

#2329 1 year ago

Build quality!

#2336 1 year ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

When the ball goes over the QED guy's rail slot, does the ball make a tiny jump in your game?

Not mine.

#2345 1 year ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

...waste of money nobody should get one.

Yeah it's a bit much.

#2372 1 year ago
Quoted from Marvin:

It was talked about at the reveal, it's on their setup video also.

Once again 95% of owners never watched the reveal. A high percentage won't watch the 90 minute set up video. I'D say put it on the Damn set up paper on the machine... But a high percentage will probably toss 8t without reading it

#2379 1 year ago
Quoted from nodyeliab:

It doesn't happen very often, but does anyone have a fix for the ball dropping into the cabinet through the Bob door?

#2392 1 year ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Why is the ball suddenly hanging up/hitting the QED Guy lightning bolt in my game? It hits it when the guy is all the way to the right while rolling down the upper wireform. Any ideas/fixes for that? I swear this is new...

Yep I had mine flipped too... Honestly I kind of liked it. If they used it in the code and QED only went that far right when he eats needed to screw with your ball it would be funny

#2405 1 year ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

this game is clearly a monster drain, isn't it?

I haven't really found much of that....but then again I owned a GB so it's all relative. Like a lot of Lawlor games that right outlane is a dick though.

#2409 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

There is a setting to carry over the SIM card to the next ball. SIM card shot is pure luck, which is unfortunate because it’s the key to high scoring.

That's a bit much. I've had 4 Sims stacked and collected them all. It's hard, becasue it's the key to scoring...makes sense.

#2415 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Nope, pure luck on my game and I’m a decent player. Only way it gets into sim hole is an indirect shot/bounce. Most I’ve ever had in a game is 2 or 3. It’s a poorly designed shot.

Well we can agree to disagree on what a "decent" player is Same thing we've all been saying aboot Gem shot for years.

You mean with a single shot you have collect 4 SIM cards that were stacked?

Oh lord no...it makes you earn every goddamn one! You want some real frantic playing try hitting that shot 4 times before the drain and they go away

#2419 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

The Gem shot is MUCH easier than the sim shot, I can hit the gem shot maybe 1 in 4 or 5...

How long have we all been shooting the Gem shot...6 years?

#2434 1 year ago

I find the Lawlor shot target harder than SIM...but then again I don;t go for it much

#2451 1 year ago

Just cut it with an exacto knife

#2455 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Yes, remove the theater. First remove the upper playfield, then there are just two fasteners to remove the theatre. A nut in front and another in back. It's not that hard.
When you are under there, make sure that the magnet is absolutley flush with the playfield. Mine wasn't and that was what was causing my mylar to rip. Once it's flush you can replace the mylar and your issues will dissapear! JJP will send you new mylar if you call and ask.

Or just use an exacto knife.

#2468 1 year ago

I need a break. The more I play the more it sucks.
I think I found the JJP’s GB

Hey-O!

#2471 1 year ago

Great layout but right now I find it artificially hard coz of what you know

How much time have you spent with the glass off the game, just letting that ball roll down and practice that shot?

#2486 1 year ago
Quoted from estrader:

Just got my dialed in set up and the start button didn’t work, seems I have fixed th issue for now.
My big problem is every time the ball goes in the cell phone hole, SIM card hole or up the left orbit the machine has to search for the ball and I get no credit for the shot either. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Well it's not registering hits on the switches there so that's a big problem, game is pretty unplayable without them. Go into test mode and make sure it's not activating any switches.
I've actually never looked down there but I'm guessing their optos? Maybe a board isn't connected or something.
If no one answers you can always look in the manual and see what kind of switches to look for.
EDIT: Yeah they're all optos.

#2598 1 year ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

:eye roll towards the haters:.

What are you, like 12?

#2705 1 year ago

I haven't noticed as some early ones were sent out with some junk. I'll be replacing mine with Marco white for sure

#2716 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Is Marco rubber any different from say Pinball Life rubber?

Yes.

#2753 1 year ago