IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rs812.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1847 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I've just fitted my replacement smartphone and all is well. I've read others ask about the animations on the phone screen but couldn't relate before because my screen was down, now I'm noticing some of the face animations not running. For instance the sergeant major type guy who talks during the meteor mode, I've seen that mode start with just a static image of him but sometimes with him animating. Glitch/bug? Also does the scientist that talks during singularity animate? he didn't for me just now.

Same here. What I noticed is that only one face animation for each person is animated, the rest are static. It is the same animation for each person that is animated everytime. Hope they fix this.

#1870 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I got it to work now. Question: are the animation characters ALL suppose to talk now with the mouths moving???

Still no full animations in 1.52.

3 months later
#3119 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I had a weird one happen tonight. The spring steel flap on the “Bob” trap door (under Station on the playfield) snapped in two. Can’t figure out how THAT happened unless it was hit really hard while partially open, perhaps during a multiball.
Has anyone else had this happen? Anyway I’ll call JJP on Monday. They’ve always been great about supporting my pins.

I had this happen also. Not sure how or why, but JJP sent a new one right away. They will send you the whole trap door, not just the flap steel.

#3122 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Another update would be nice about now to fill in all those missing animations.

I was wondering about this, too. Is there any confirmation that the animations will be added at some point?

8 months later
#6264 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

If someone would share the new code with me, I would appreciate it. Thanks

Ditto.

Thanks!!!

#6290 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Quick stupid question: Once I download the update and extract it, do I need to delete/remove all other files on the disk or not? The drive I'm using has my backup files for work.

I didn’t have to. I had the BM66 1.0 update on the same thumb druve and it worked fine.

#6291 5 years ago

Was the magnet behavior adjustment removed in the new code? I can’t seem to find it.

#6293 5 years ago

Thanks Lloyd! Did there used to be one for the playfield magnets, too?

3 weeks later
#6487 5 years ago

The non-working drone issue on my DI was the result of cold/bad solder joints. With the playfield glass off, go into test mode and run each drone separately for each test. If you push on the top of the drone body and the drone works, it is a solder joint issue. To fix this, you need to remove the drone from the playfield, disassemble it, and resolder the joint. It is much like the stern ball trough opto solder issue.

I desoldered mine, reflowed with leaded solder, and the problem has never recurred.

1 week later
#6621 5 years ago

So, what’s the consensus: Stick with 1.57 or go to 1.60?

1 week later
#6784 5 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Is it safe to install the latest code at the moment or is the video lag still a possible issue?

I just reverted back to 1.57. Loaded 1.61 and had every issue described above. Went back to 1.57 and all is good.

It would be nice if a further update/fix was confirmed. Last post I saw by JJP rep appeared to indicate 1.61 was it.

#6786 5 years ago

I was also disappointed to see the drones basically shut off in 1.61, rather than addressing the issue with a better made part. All three of mine quit working and all three were the result of cold solder joints. Reflowing has fixed every one of them.

#6797 5 years ago
Quoted from redrubicon550:

Was this an issue inside the drones? Or under the play field? I want to investigate my own issues here as well.

It’s inside the drones themselves. There is a pcb in the drone body. It looks like they are toys basically modified to turn on/off by wire, rather than a switch as originally intended. The wires are very crudely soldered to the pcb. My guess is that the drones fail because of a combination of poor/cold solder joints and vibration.

You can check by going into test mode and gently pushing on the top of the drone body. If a bit of pressure makes the drone intermitantly work, it is probably a bad solder joint. Mine failed, one by one. I fixed them over 6 months ago and have had no trouble since.

#6868 5 years ago

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

I use these for working on games with any side art or blades

2 weeks later
#7064 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

OTOH, you have a title like Munsters where everyone was gushing when it was released. Now that the initial frenzy has died down, more and more people are "meh" about the gameplay.

Played it yesterday. Very “meh” IMO.

2 weeks later
#7252 5 years ago

So is 1.61 doa, or is there another fix coming?

2 months later
#7624 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So if you were to buy just one pin, would you do a diled in LE or a pirates SE?

I had DILE for over a year. Owned a POTC SE and just upgraded to a POTC CE. For me, DILE just wasn’t fun. POTC has it all.
Don’t miss DI one bit.

#7626 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

robin might know?
I noticed a similar discrepancy with JJPOTC LE.

Here is one I can’t figure out, the pinsider staff rating for a JJPOTC SE is 6.329. The pinsider staff rating for TMNT, #306 in the top 100, is 6.363. Is this correct? Does this somehow equate into the rankings?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rs812.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=rs812 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.