Topic Stats

• 9,378 posts
  • 507 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by romulusx
  • Topic is favorited by 176 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,124 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190818_112830 (resized).jpg
20190818_112853 (resized).jpg
5CC58065-A49F-4026-88D4-6BCA684A9937 (resized).jpeg
DITrap (resized).JPG
97E55CF6-7B4D-48F8-A538-ED978827C7DA (resized).jpeg
91A790A6-A8F0-4357-A429-8A34B2B071B1 (resized).jpeg
2FA68F6F-FF94-4B2D-A3DE-3996F2A6E843 (resized).jpeg
Rubber (resized).jpg
Cliffy2 (resized).jpg
Cliffy1 (resized).jpg
Cliffy3 (resized).jpg
20191003_181551 (resized).jpg
ScreenJJP (resized).jpg
showdown (resized).jpg
25389D20-1022-4992-9032-DC58F7E0D621 (resized).jpeg
E0A0B586-7AF4-483C-9C4B-D556087D9FF7 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (2 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (2 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (2 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (1 year ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (1 year ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (1 year ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (1 year ago)

Post #1253 Velcro fix for right ramp hangup Posted by cooked71 (1 year ago)

Post #1258 Detailed pictures for adjusting a misbehaving trap door Posted by foobeer (1 year ago)

Post #1332 Getting access to computer in backbox on Dialed In Posted by hank527 (1 year ago)

Post #1347 Ball trap location. Posted by Kevlar (1 year ago)

Post #1377 Fix for USB at the coin door not working Posted by Pinhead1982 (1 year ago)

Post #1391 Fix for Tilt Bob not working all of a sudden Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #1431 Adjustment point to grease for trap door to operate smoothly Posted by LTG (1 year ago)

Post #1451 Adjusting arm on Quantum Mechanic Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #2507 How to get in backbox to check audio connections Posted by pinstadium (1 year ago)

Post #2661 DIY Lighting how-to for sides of Dialed In backglass Posted by lyonsden (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#240 2 years ago

Thinking about dumping one of my watches to go in on a NIB... anybody know how long it takes to get a standard once you place an order? I guess I should ask Joe at PinballSTAR...

#243 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

I love Dialed In. It has more plays in less than a week than any other NIB purchase so far.
It's a great change to see a theme adapt to a great playfield layout and set of rules, rather than seeing another pin struggle to adapt to the constraints of a licensed theme.

While i guess it's still an opinion, this seems a really really good thing to point out to those who aren't sold on it yet. The game is FUN

1 week later
#289 2 years ago

So I'm going to go NIB on this pin - anybody know what the wait is?

#291 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The orders from Cliffy are a couple weeks out so factor that in

LOL so 6 months instead of 5?

#293 2 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I just ordered an LE today from Automated Services and it's shipping today. They just received stock and there is no wait. These where built last week. I have to research this thread and see what I need to do to keep the playfield protected!

Holy crap, that's way less time than i thought! I figured I'd have a couple months before I'd have to pony up the dough. Well, let's hope the next couple weeks go well at the company, and I'll be in the club soon...

Did it ship from JJP or from Automated Services?

#348 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Actually considering selling my MB to pickup this title, and I do love my MB.

Had the same thoughts - decided I'm keeping thE MB for the Time being, but gotta figure out how to fit DI into the mix eventually..

#351 2 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

I'm waiting for "my distributor" as well. It's a very painful wait. I'm glad to see that a lot of issues are being addressed so there is a positive in that. Can't freakin' wait!!!

Call Joe, I believe he has them in stock

#355 2 years ago

Do you know Joe's website?

Www.pinballstar.com

#359 2 years ago

Does anybody also have a Hobbit? Asking because even 2 years in, th hobbit was still getting updates, hopefully st least one more planned. Maybe there is even more in DI. Hope so!

1 week later
#390 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I was claimed at the launch of the machine by JJP.

the "right" angle being the pitch used by Lawlor to design the game - so you can adjust it, sure, but there may be consequences

#460 2 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Everyone keep an eye on your QED guy screws. My dialed in on location has 1800 plays and he fell off. The screws holing him in all cam loose. The lower screw required removing the front plate of the moving target. It's all. Ack together now and tightened up fine.

Did you use locktite or anything in it or just screw it back in good?

2 weeks later
#645 2 years ago

Finally did the budget and DI is in sight!!

Anybody know if I order now (say from my closest distro, PinballSTAR), how long before it ships?

#647 2 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Call Joe probably not long!

Good idea!!

#660 2 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Thanks! Problem is I don't have my game yet - expecting an "it shipped!" email any time now... Since I don't know if my game will come with the JJP ones or not, I'm hoping to get the Cliffy ones ahead of time so I'm not stuck without anything when the game comes. Seems inappropriate to ask JJP for them before I even have the game.

Naaaah... something tells me you might be able to get Lloyd to put in a good word.. might help..

When did you order? Or rather, when did you PIF?

#692 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Your last sentence makes me think Dialed In might be a worthwhile game to own.
Hobbit didn't last very long with me.

I think those that enjoy the theme are sticking with it longer and finding more
Depth than originally expected

#775 2 years ago

Boy I sure hope the POTC reveal doesn't cannibalize DI sales - on the other hand, if they break out with Dialed In - "special Bob edition" with red powder coat and a free hat, we'll know what happened

#777 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Di is totally different pin and im proud to own it....its also loaded with features, magnets, code and plays smoother and very flowy compared to potc imo. All jjp pins are must owns bc they are all so different imo.

That sucks, I only have so big of a budget

#781 2 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

From JJP's Facebook page!!
Attention Dialed In! Owners - NEW CODE is coming VERY soon!! Check out whats new!
Legend: +Addition * Change/bugfix - Note
Version 1.45 October 11, 2017
Game Code
+ Added "rough cut" of Chaos in Quantum City wizard mode (available after six
Disaster Modes)
+ Added support for Collectors Edition topper lamp
* Turned off extra ball score award setting
* Added delay to opening trap door when left loop is made
* Fixed SIM Card carryover setting
* Fixed logic for marking moving target bad when it fails to initialize
==============================================================================
== Version 1.40 September 18, 2017 ==
==============================================================================
- KNOWN ISSUES:
High Score photo will crash game if face not detected.
High Score photo does not work correctly with multi-player games.
(Photo of wrong player is displayed/saved for players 2-4.)
- IMPORTANT: The smartphone app has been updated to work with this release.
Previous versions of the phone app will not work with this or later
releases of of game software.
=== Game Code
+ Added option to take player photos for High Score
* Improved operation of camera when unplugging/re-plugging
* Major re-work of Bluetooth connectivity code
* Fixed Left Orbit/Trap Door scoring interaction
+ Added some display, lamp, and sound/music effects
* Balanced and/or re-worked scoring in lots of areas
+ Added Grouped LED Test
* Showdown can now be played more than once in the same game
+ Added a Phone "overcharge" rule
* Changed some display effects to disallow short-circuiting via flippers
+ Added Enter Initials for Armageddon, High Voltage, Monkey Wrench, Drones Gone
Wild, and Combo champs
* Fixed Combo shot logic
* Moved Light Extra Ball to 35th Combo
* Implemented competition mode for some normally random things
+ Added adjustment to always show mode timers on main display (defaults to
MB only)
=== Core Code
* Fixed a drain/tilt condition that could cause a game to hang
* Suppress knocker when Match is skipped via start button (on free play only)

Awesome!! Now get that Hobbit update out !! I can't buy DI until next year so I have to ride out the wizard mode on hobbit!

#813 2 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Got my DI LE last Friday. Machine born on 10/5/17. There was no mylar installed in front of the slings. Should I get some in there immediately? Already noticing the playfield getting lots of scuffs. Much more than my WOZ.

Can you post a pic?

#898 1 year ago

It is killing me not to just up and order one RIGHT now...

2 weeks later
#1359 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Got to Chaos in Quantum City last night...insane! Super fun light show, but for me there was absolutely no skill involved with the mode. It was keep the balls alive while trying to see them. I am guessing some people will hate the mode, but honestly I kind of loved it. It indeed was Chaos!

How does that not take skill!

1 month later
#1890 1 year ago

Checking in to see if anybody was ready to sell this Game yet.. then I see an update was just released! Damn it! That’s great!

2 months later
#3048 1 year ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Alright guys, here are the pics of the new Mantis phone scoop protector installed. I had to do a bit of testing, so apologies for the delay in getting these up. The top of the wings rest flush with the playfield so they will not affect roll-ins.
<rant> Before I installed this I began the first test as my game already was, with no protector. The sound suddenly went out. Became intermittent on/off before dying completely for apparent no reason. Opened the PC, plugged/unplugged audio wires, checked all the connections, nothing I could do. So now I have to deal with that. I'll tell you, from a quality standpoint, this game is crap. I've owned two of these now and I've had more issues with them in 10 months than I've had with the 9 other games I've owned/own combined over 20 years. </rant>
Anyway....

We (Kerry@Mantis and I) wanted to see how it did rejection-wise against other protectors:
I'm a pretty good player and I can generally make the shot dead on 90% of the time.
I took 50 shots at the scoop, all set up the same way with no protector, the factory "thick" cliffy that came with it, and the Mantis protector.
No Scoop - 42 out of 50
Mantis - 36 out of 50
Factory Cliffy - 24 out of 50
I did request actual Cliffys a long time ago but he never responded so couldn't test them here. When taking the shots, I could pretty much tell when the protectors were blocking it out or if I just missed a hair. Obviously if you hit it dead center, you are going to make it no matter what, but when you're off just a millimeter or so is when the protector comes into play. I felt like the Mantis rarely rejected the ball and when it did it was a shot that might not have been made w/o a protector either. The Factory Cliffy seemed to change the trajectory a tad and the ball had to be more spot on to fall in most of the time. Roll-ins were very rare during normal play with that protector on. The Mantis and no-protector performed the same on roll-ins. Not a scientific test but as a player I don't feel the Mantis noticeably affected typical play.

With respect - in order to avoid the impression that this is a “cliffy vs mantis” post, I would avoid referring to the factory protectors as
“Cliffys” since they are not

#3057 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

The older ones aren't, but the Dialed In machines since at least the end of January are confirmed to be shipping with actual Cliffies (which are much thinner than this protector, so a comparison without including a Cliffy is kind of worthless).

Agreed, which this comparison doesn’t include

#3060 1 year ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Sorry, this was not meant as a Cliffy vs. Mantis post. It was a Mantis post + here's how easy the shot is to make with various states of protection I have access to. If Cliffy responded to me when I emailed him to buy his, I'd have included it. Whether or not his protectors are great, he doesn't make it easy to buy them.
But I'm not doing the Android vs. iPhone thing here. The two styles of protectors are much different and they serve totally different preferences. Buy whichever one you prefer. I'm very happy with the way the Mantis version turned out and if I wasn't I would have told Kerry as much.
About the the whole referring to protectors that resemble Cliffys as Cliffys - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escalator#Loss_of_trademark_rights
Kleenex is going through the same thing now....so they do this:

Kind of funny but I guess it's what you have to do these days.

That is nuts! They have been so successful in marketing the name that people ubiquitously use it to refer to tissues, and they can lose their trademark rights! Hilarious

#3064 1 year ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I have tried multiple times to order the SIM cliffy but to no avail. He must be so busy as I get no replies. . Anyone install the slightly smaller post runners on the two posts next to SIM hole?

Did you email him or just on the site? He generally responds to emails

#3074 1 year ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

3 emails. Even from two different email addresses. I can try again.

Damn! He must be swamped

#3127 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Just go to the Japan site and open a case. New protectors for DI is an option.

The Japan site?

#3129 1 year ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Probably meant JJP site. I'll bet auto correct got him.

Aaaaaahh....

#3131 1 year ago

About to be a member!! Paid last night, hopefully wire clears today. Have to make some space!

#3194 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Wow Ted!! I assume you are a Dev for JJP? This is such an awesome response! Thank you! Finally it makes sense.

He did the code for the game, bro

#3196 1 year ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

I didn't do all of it. I had lots of help. In fact, I wrote none of the Skill Shot, "bucket" rules, or Bonus stuff. I had to go look at the code to make sure I got the details correct.
--Ted

Stand up answer,sir! You are the best

#3206 1 year ago
Quoted from venom112:

LMAO hilarious I had this exact thing happen and scared the crap out of me and my son. I moved them to a game without a shaker motor.

LOL... DILE arrives Friday.. can’t wait to get my hands on this game

#3209 1 year ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Just got a call from the truck driver, mine should be here within the hour . . . . . it's just like Christmas morning!

Damn! Beat me by 2 days

Make sure you inspect the hell out of it, inside and out before you accept the delivery!

#3270 1 year ago
Quoted from attack7:

Very similar to a WPC game. Taking a lot of pictures, labeling everything, it took about an hour to remove and an hour to put back on being careful about everything.

I just did this, having received my game #283 on Friday. It was NOT as simple as doing a WPC game - there are a similar number of connectors as a WPC game, but there are at least 3 connectors (USB firmware extension, front headphone jack, and cabinet speaker) which run from the cab to the head with no connector in between. There were also 3 connectors i had to open the PC housing to get to.

In comparison, TH and WOZ are a BREEZE to remove the backbox for transport. So be careful! Don't make the assumption I did in that it will be a fast job...

#3289 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

The Dialed In backbox lock is SUPER TIGHT for some reason. If you loosen the screws holding the lock, you should be able to turn the key. Once you get it open, you can bend the lock blade to make the backbox open normally. No idea why they're not doing this at the factory - yours is not an isolated case, we had the same issue with one of the first ones off the line last May, and others have complained about it, too.

Yep, same with mine

#3291 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Curious as to what your manufacture date is? Many of us had this issue, my game is from July, but I thought this had been addressed. You’ll need a security torx bit to loosen the lock, available at most hardware stores.

Mine has a “born on” date of Jan 30th, 2018

#3301 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

My Bluetooth dongle seems to stop working frequently and my phone won't connect. Could I just swap the dongle with another or does it have to be a specific make/model?

The game has specific drivers for the chipset used, but many Bluetooth dongles use the same chipset so you can try - but it’s sort of a crapshoot

#3303 1 year ago
Quoted from Gusphan:

I'm not able to backhand the phone scoop on my game from the right flipper, or do a post pass from the right flipper. On other DI's I can.
The game is perfectly leveled at 6.5
Any thoughts on what I can do to correct this?

Is it bouncing back hard or more soft? That will tell you whether to dial the coil strength up or down

#3306 1 year ago
Quoted from attack7:

On a recent Buffalo Pinball stream there was also mention of some upgrade to the way the theatre drops/spinner, etc work.

There’s a new setting under coils, where the ball “wiggles” a bit before exiting. It is called “test lab” or something. It really works well on my game

#3308 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

The Test Lab often just wiggles and drops it SDTM still, anyone else getting this?
I feel this game would be a solid 10/10 if the theater wasn't such a center drain and if the SIM shot wasn't such an impossible and improbable shot. Wish it was more like the camera shot in TZ.

Have you reduced the theater settings ? Mine is set to -67 right now, and I have not had a ball caught and go SDTM since I changed those 2 settings

#3317 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr-Worf:

Hi, Dialed In User.
What sound setting you have and are the most optimal for an ultimate Quamtum City atmosphere ?
I have
Volume 21
Speech 75
Music 75
FX 85
Fanfare 75
But I'm still not completely satisfied it could have more dynamics / bass
Best Regards
Worf

i like to turn the music up (or rather, everything else down) - the callouts seem too loud to me

#3320 1 year ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

I generally recommend the latter, turning everything else down. The callouts are aggressive and the mix is more suited to the acoustic war zone of public operation or a pinball party with a lot of machines going.
If you are mostly playing it in a private space solo then turning the callouts down a little would be appropriate.
ddt

Right; turning up is a receipe for a blown out board, or in the case of our machines, a distorted main output. My band is starting to play quieter, thank goodness..

#3355 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

No, it's just a plug-in circuit board that lets you adjust the mini-monitor for the phone. You just plug it into the phone monitor board when you want to adjust it. The buttons on it are MENU, VOL +/-, SOURCE, and POWER. The MENU lets you adjust the monitor brightness/contrast, alignment, etc. The board was only included with the very early machines shipped.
Here's a picture of it:

That’s a fairly standard VGA control board; they are about $8 on eBay, nice little extra thing to have for troubleshooting the phone I suppose

#3361 1 year ago
Quoted from geoncic:

I am soooo excited. I just bought my first pin, and it's a NIB Dialed In SE. It should be shipping out today! If there is one thing I should do to this machine before I start playing, what should it be? (Assuming I've read the manual and set up as recommended already)
I was planning on getting some cliffy protectors, but I do not see them on the cliffy website (passionforpinball). Are they not being made anymore?

Mine was built on Jan 30, 2018 and includes both real-deal Cliffys

1 week later
#3430 1 year ago

Anybody know if there are code updates on the horizon? I know the game is pretty well
Complete (except for the “Onslaught” mode I heard may be forthcoming). Just curious

#3445 1 year ago
Quoted from mcovill125:

Played this for the first time last night and the HYPE was real. It was easily the best JJP game I've played and I really just wanted to keep seeing more of it. I didn't hook my phone up to the table but being able to use the on screen QR code to post scores was cool and the selfies are a lot of fun. I can easily see why people love this game. JJP needs to just make games like this without a an expensive license.

Hopefully they can ride this one out longer, too - they put 4 years into this game, and it shows!

#3450 1 year ago

Onslaught was the working name for what became Chaos in Quantum City.
--Ted

Aha!

#3461 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Nope - not always. If you stick out your tongue or make a goofy face it "usually" uses a pic it took previously. The facial recognition somehow detects that. If you stand there and smile, it always take it when you hit the start button to enter the high score initials/name.

Yep this has been my experience as well. The first pic it took of me I was looking at the game and had sort of a frown on my face, and it uses that pic EVERY time!!

#3464 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

I can see this being a problem for those who suffer from Bitchy Resting Face.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resting_bitch_face

Major problem. I’m calling JJP...

#3467 1 year ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I think the player should have more control when the picture is taken so we can pose how we want.

I remember reading they had to spend some time on the face detection software, so people couldn’t take uh.. untoward pictures on location. Maybe they could add a home setting that lets you take sillier pictures

#3494 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I can backhand my phone scoop. Just barely. It’s actually a very low percentage shot since I have to just barely miss the sling. On other machines there is a much wider tolerance for error and it’s higher percentage.
I haven’t found a way to improve it. Maybe a different revision of the plastics on some machines?
Anyway scoop is easy to hit with the left flipper. Just forces me to do a lot of Post passes.
A few days into TNA and on that thing it fully exercises all back hand shots, drop catch, love catch All at super speeds. So I get my fix for the backhand shots from there.

I’ve found a lot of success shooting toward the right ramp halfway and then tapping it in with the upper flipper. That shot presents itself a lot more than trying to backhand! I will have to practice that too

#3506 1 year ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Hey guys, recently purchased DI the previous owner didn't mention anything about the scratches on the play field is this normal for DO? I have games with 5000+ plays and nothing as bad as this. It is easy to see in the reflection of the light, but it is like that everywhere.

Sadly, mine has a lot of this too. I’m the only owner, have had the game about a month

1 week later
#3553 1 year ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Hi Owners!
sorry if this has been asked before :
I covered my camera cause i'm f'in ugly as shit , how does this affect Lottery Frenzy ?
i never get anywhere in the mode and am not sure the correct way to rectify what seems to be a problem of me covering the camera.
thanks
ez

You need to wave in front of the camera to start the scoring, even though the mode will continue. So you might want to uncover the camera a bit

#3573 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm considering buying a NIB Dialed In LE and I'm interested in knowing as well if clear coat chipping is still an issue on the latest games. I have a Hobbit as well and like you said no issues with clear chipping on it even without Cliffy protectors.

Haven’t seen any issues on mine, build Jan 2018, full real cliffys installed factory.

#3582 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Good to hear. When you say "real Cliffys installed factory" are those the JJP Cliffy type protectors or did JJP install the official Cliffy protectors on your game at the factory? That would be awesome if they are offering the latter as an option.

“Real Cliffys” meaning not the JJP “cliffy type” protectors, they are the thin ones from Cliff Rinear himself

#3603 1 year ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

Quoted from fnosm:
Your MEGA phone is amazing!

LOL right? it looks cool.

oh man! I am totally going to do that

#3621 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I see you have tz. If you like tz, you will love DI. It’s like tz on steroids.

The game is definitely different, but the layout is kinda familiar. The TZ of the next generation. A better pin than WOZ IMO

#3647 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Better then WOZ?! That's my favorite pin. Lol

Haha! I’m not bashing WOZ at all, I think that’s one of the greatest of all time. But I play DI way more, I absolutely find it more fun

#3658 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Not much to look for, it’s a solid game. If the game doesn’t have SIM card protection, check for cracking at the posts. Make sure trap door works.

Yep, trap door has been a common and consistent problem, and is still an issue as of (at least) Jan 2018 manufactured games

#3663 1 year ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Thanks for the suggestion and being a dick....I had better things to do than scroll thru 74 pages of posts. You input was... wow, amazing

Note that there are 2 major posts about the trap door
(which along with the drone switch was my only 2 issues), and the 2nd one with pictures by Lloyd was much more helpful. That is not the one currently pinned, but it’s shortly after so you will find it if yo look at the pinned post and keep going for half a page or so.

#3672 1 year ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

If YOU want to set the letters to starting with 6 lit, outlanes closed, 10 balls, etc. to make the game more enjoyable for YOU that's fine go ahead and do it.

Can you even set the game to do this?

#3678 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Finishing three modes, I believe.

Is it tied to the BOB lights? Or just lit there? Man those are hard to see

I also believe there is a combo-related extra ball

#3681 1 year ago

Oops, double post

#3684 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Just lit there I think.
Yeah, I think I lit it once when I hit the 10k left ramp 10 times. Not positive on that one though. I should learn the damn rules!

I think hitting 5 combos will light it - e.g. left ramp, right ramp, side ramp. I hit that one a lot and sometimes get that EB and I know it’s not score related

#3690 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just so I'm understanding things correctly rules wise there are essentially 3 wizard modes in the game? Chaos in Quantum City seems like a mid wizard mode that requires starting 6 / 11 disaster modes. Armageddon requires starting all disaster modes. Showdown requires 8 / 11 disaster modes to be completed and 8 SIM cards collected (representing the 8 letters in "Dialed In"). Does that sound correct?

That is my understanding as well, except I am not certain if the number of modes matters on Armageddon, you just need SIM cards

#3716 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

This is almost correct. To get to Showdown, you must collect 8 SIM cards, but you can also collect SIMs by beating the BOB Multiballs.

Just learned that tonight!

#3730 1 year ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Just wondering is anyone is seeing, or feels like eventually the trac is going to get torn up like the drac trac on MB??

I worry about that -every- day. The track is definitely not level on my game so the ball catches

#3759 1 year ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I DID IT! LE on the way

Nice!!! When you add it all up, the LE is really a fine deal - powdercoat is a couple hundred, invisiglass, the ramp lights... it's very close

#3765 1 year ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

We are hosting a party with non-pinheads, so I want to make the game as fun as possible. I'll turn on the daily high score function and increase the ball saver time. I'm really on the fence about 3 vs 5 balls but are there any other settings y'all recommend to increase the fun and decrease the frustration for someone that is likely to just flail away?

5 ball is not absolutely necessary, I would hold off until people start getting into the “story” and the “levels” so to speak (e.g. the multiballs, CIQC, etc)

Hold over the SIM card across balls, that makes a huge difference in fun and scoring

#3772 1 year ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

I worry they will never get into the story and will instead move to the other games. I wish there were some way (maybe there is) to ensure that the Selfie mode always came up on 'trip' to Bob's as this tends to suck people into the game.

Agreed 1,000%, this is ALWAYS when people go “whoa!!” on our game

#3857 1 year ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

Are JJP games all price locked? Trying to figure out if i need to shop around

Yes, all manufacturers are setting lowest street prices

#3859 1 year ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

So, it’s pretty much msrp on nib JJP or no?

No,MSRP is "manufacturer suggested
Retail price". What they are pushing now is a "minimum sales price". In other words, it can not officially go lower for any reason. Game console manufacturers have been doing this since the 80s. This is also why you sometimes see "call for price" in ads.

#3885 1 year ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

WOW....something must be wrong with your game. My left flipper is on default and even dribblers make it up the right ramp. Right flipper is one notch up from default....all shots are fine but left orbit shot fades hard. Turning the flipper strength up won't help because it will make every other shot too powerful. This is my 2nd DI and they both felt the same way.

I’m sorry, your SECOND?

#3903 1 year ago
Quoted from andrewket:

They allowed you to refuse delivery after cutting open the box? I usually inspect the outside of the box and open just the top and peak in. How do they return/ship with a compromised box?

That’s what I’ve always Been instructed to do by the distro. The driver can’t force you to sign

#3906 1 year ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Machine - Wanted
Wanted:NIB Dialed In LE. Can pick up @ PINTASTICWanted! “I am looking for quotes on a newer build NIB DI LE. Cash in hand and I can pick up at Pintastic in Sturbridge MA on Saturday night or Sunday during the show if that will save me so...”
1 day ago Mansfield, MA
Wanted
msj2222

or a minty used copy within a couple hours of my location.

Why not order one from PinballSTAR?

#3941 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

I'd check power connections. I know that power cord can wiggle loose on the cabinet so it's connected, but not enough. Check that. Then open the computer box and make sure the connection to the power supply is good and see if the motherboard lights are on and if the cpu fan is spinning (separate from the backbox fan you likely are hearing).
I would also CALL Frank at JJP support, 732-364-9900 x 1222 - their ticket system sucks in my experience. A phone call is much better/faster. You shouldn't still be hanging on this with no contact for 2 weeks...

Computer power supplies need to be fully yanked from the wall (pull it outfrom the back of the cab) sometimes when they have an issue. You may try that as well, leave it off for 30 seconds or whatever. It does sound like it might be more serious but it’s worth a shot

#3972 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

DIE makes a phone that can cause 'quantum events'. DIE loses phone. Average joe finds phone. Average joe gets hit by lightning with phone. CRAZY SHIT HAPPENS.
The aristocrats.

The comic book is on IPDB, it’s basically this

#3973 1 year ago

Hey so here’s a thought - is DI the only modern pin with NO mods?!

#4013 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Is Jack no longer signing the LE:s? Mine is from February and there is no signature.

Send a message through the support portal - JJP packed the wrong LE number on my certificate and they said they’d get me a new one

#4017 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

They are quite good, but I get the sense they are getting busy again and things are slowing down. Calling works best but may be expensive from where you are.

They follow through but are not super fast at sending things out. I’m sure with Pirates coming they are pretty busy

#4042 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I tried doing it the adjustment thing way, but then the trapdoor didn’t hold open as far and there wasn’t proper clearance for the ball. I’m still in a no win situation.

Since LTG is the official JJP support guy, I'd go with his recommendation. It definitely worked for me; no bending needed

1 week later
#4173 1 year ago

I have a WOZ RR and love the machine, the quality and sounds. I said just over a year ago as much as I love JJP I just couldn't ever own a machine based off a stupid cell phone concept. I have never played a DI, never seen a DI in person, nothing other then some video snippets of the machine and a few comments here and there.
Well just grabbed a DILE in trade, seen it and played it for the first time ever while it it was in my gameroom and holy shit I was blown away. I always admired Pat's layouts and I though the shots are smooth but fast and flows nicely, even the dreaded simcard shot I can make two out of three times. I was so impressed with this title that my wife served me some crow for dinner. What a fantastic game, I know the code isn't complete but for whats there it is already an amazing game that will just keep getting better. I'm so glad I was wrong and did the trade, the whole family is enjoying it.

Don't worry - you won't need any of the code updates for QUITE a while! Those later modes are hard!

#4181 1 year ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Back in March, I asked Keith about the animations and he mentioned there would be one more code update. As previously mentioned, the DI online manual has been updated again to reflect the new multi-ball mode for the game.

There are also some tweaks in either Showdown or Armageddon, I forget which. Some of the modes do not have complete animation which will be added as well

1 week later
#4370 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

What are the four LEDs on the apron for? Just decoration? I’ve seen videos of people putting their phones there with the app on, but I don’t think the LEDs themselves do anything. Do they?

I had read that JJP was experimenting with Near Field Communication (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near-field_communication) before they changed over to BlueTooth. I assume that’s because NFC requires the phone to basically be ON the glass without moving, and would have made the whole thing kinda pointless. I can play DI from my kitchen upstairs using BlueTooth! (Ok.. not WELL..)

#4388 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

More
If JJP are slow you can also buy one yourself. I got this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LYYRT7M/ref=pe_1909131_77695521_tnp_email_TE_Cardp_1
No more hissing!

Just buy one . JJP support will eventually get to it (they are great!), but great service is SLOW, and they seem to be overwhelmed right now as far as shipping parts is concerned. I would imagine it’s all hands on deck on the POTC line

#4391 1 year ago
Quoted from Marvin:

More
its finicky, there is no need to hold a button to link the game. with the game on, make sure the phone is on with bluetooth enabled. start the app. it will attempt to attach to the game. If it connects then you hold the flipper prior to plunging the first ball of any player who will use BT. if payer one is using BT, load game normally, before they plunge hold flipper button, it should says welcome. player 2 would do the same before they plunge ball one if they were going to use BT. It's the initial connection that seems flaky, Once it links to the game attaching the player is usually not an issue. Turn off or delay as long as possible your phone screen timing out. seems that going into screen off mode messes up the BT working in game.

Respectfully, the only way I could get the game to connect to my phone (iPhone 7 I think) was to hold BOTH the left game flipper button and the left button in the app. Works every single time now.

Also, you may need to fully close the app by double-clicking the home button and swiping up (I think this works on recent Android versions too). Or completely restart your phone. I have to do this all the time now with other apps

#4412 1 year ago
Quoted from Marvin:

The same operators who have been, the people who understand that these games all need work on arrival, not the people who want the pinball equivalent of a trailer queen.

LOL What the heck is a trailer queen?

#4415 1 year ago
Quoted from Marvin:

cargument, trailer queen is the super clean car that never sees the road and only moves in a trailer so it stays perfect.

LOL. NOT what I was thinking at all

#4459 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The magnet setting has nothing to do with sdtm drops. You need to raise the back right leg a few turns and the ball will fall to the left flipper. This was discussed on the jjp forum and was a suggestion from the designer. The magnet does not consistently throw the ball back on any setting, at least on my game. More often than not, it will drop the ball to the left flipper.

How..... am I just reading about this now ?!

#4465 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Wow, did you make that?

I think I saw this (or something real similar) at the Cointaker booth at Allentown

#4470 1 year ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Why do people keep ruining their machines with blades? They look horrible after a while and have you ever tried to remove them? Ruins the cabinet when you try to take them off. WORST non-reversible mod in the history of pinball.

Which blades have you been installing? I have had to remove a set of mirror blades and a set of vinyl, and neither were any sort of problem.

1 week later
#4565 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

So guys I have been playing my DI CE more and more. I think I finally got the story down, can you guys correct me.
So Im some dude, I think an exterminator and I live in a city where disasters happen. I happen to buy this phone from quantum physics which can help me get rid of the disasters. I am still confused about the sim part of it. The bob thingy I think is an app store in the city? also the spider is there because I was an exterminator. Then the quantum people want their phone back because they know its powerful so they attack me with those red lights.
Is this right so far?

I dont think the guy is an exterminator, but he does get the phone (from Crazy Bob), and him activating the phone is what starts the disasters happening. Dialed In Electronics are the makers of the phone, and they want the phone back, and are the ones that attack you. SIM cards are a real part of a phone which activate them and set up so the phone can connect to the cell network; they kind of fudge on this in the story, you only ever have 1 SIM card in a phone.

I don’t have any idea what the deal is with the spider. You can watch the backstory on attract mode on the game; it’s also partly in the comic book.

#4589 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Ugh! I’m still getting way too many air balls even though I reduced power to the flippers quite a bit. Every time I hit a stand up target or brick the phone shot, it seems as if I get an air ball. I swear this wasn’t happening a week ago, but I can’t be sure. Anyway, I might try raising or lowering the back legs a bit. I think raising is the correct direction to prevent airballs, is that right?

Try to make sure the game is a hair over 6.5 degrees; I believe the game is at 6.5 degrees when everything is screwed all the way down, then you want to raise the rear legs a couple of turns

#4611 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yeah, but JJP is at a different level than the rest. The ending to Battle the Wicked Witch on WOZ is one of the greatest moments in Pinball. Here’s hoping they can do a little something more with DI.

Unfortunately the super wizard level on WOZ "Over the rainbow" is the same kind of letdown - it is SO complicated and difficult to get to, and you get a bunch of video of clouds flying overhead. Total opposite of what you'd expect with the amount of effort involved in getting there. On the other hand though... on many games it'll never be seen, so I get the JJP business decision not to spend a lot of time on it. I do hope for DI there's a whole denoument to the story though!

#4622 1 year ago

The choreography for Showdown hasn't been completed yet. You do get victory laps for defeating the Top Evil Dude, but most of the feedback is missing at this point. We'll get to finishing that up eventually.
--Ted

The

T op
E vil
D ude

I love that!

#4637 1 year ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

My understanding is yes, it's supposed to be 6.5 degrees at the recommended "bubble edge touching the 2nd line". Mine was not

You want to adjust it a tiny bit higher, a few additional turns to make the back legs higher. This reduces getting caught in the QED track, and SDTM from the theater

2 weeks later
#4724 1 year ago
Quoted from pintris:

Hi,
I have seen some posts about the camera... Mine does not do a good job in "recognising" my face while playing. I did experiment with the camera settings but it did not help much. I admit my gameroom is dark with colored ambient lights. When I lean forward, closer to the backbox, face recognition works fine. But when I lean back to a normal player position, the system start to recognise my shirt or neck as "face" too (or nothing at all). The complete camera image in settings is actually very zoomed out, so that ofcourse makes my face small compared to the complete image. So I guess that face recognition would work better if the initial camera image would be more zoomed in, closer to the player, so that the face is covering a larger part of the image. However, I cannot seem to find a way to zoom in. Any ideas? Or is it just something we should live with?
Thanks

This is handled automatically by the software. If you have lights behind you it will interfere with the facial recognition tech. You may just need to increase the ambient light

1 week later
#4770 1 year ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

The code in this game is not deep. It's typical Pat Lawlor, which unfortunately is the same exact formula he's used for 25 years: Do thing, start mode, complete mode, with multiball sideshow. TAF and DI are practically the same rules.
TAF = Hit bear kick ramp to light mode
DI = Hit QED guy to light mode
TAF = Hit chair to start mode
DI = Hit phone to start mode
TAF = Complete all modes to start Tour the Mansion
DI = Complete all modes to start LITZ....er, Armageddon
DI adds in the SIM cards to extend the difficulty and longitivity of the game. But difficulty and deep code are not the same thing. Deep code? TSPP, Walking Dead, Iron Maiden, even Metallica.
Full disclosure: I own DILE. But I recommend buying used if you do, because the game has not held its value over the year or so it's been in production.

I am dying to know what you consider a deep game, if this is not an example of one?!

#4841 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Do you have any problems,with the Pinblades,being too close to the PF,when you raise the playing field up? I really like the looks of the Pinblades,but I was afraid,I'd scratch them up, since I'm clumsy like that.

All blades are at risk of this - you have to be very careful. Some cabinets are worse than others at scraping/being off center. My Monster Bash always touches the blades, my SS never does.

#4865 1 year ago
Quoted from MEuRaH:

Once in a while I get a ball that gets stuck in the train station (lock is not lit). It goes through a ball search and then the ball falls into the locked position, so I have to wait for the 2nd ball search to activate, and the ball finally falls through back into play. Furthermore, when I've locked 2 balls in the train station, the 2nd ball (one in the back) is never released right away. I play a 2-ball multiball until both balls drain, and then wait for another ball search like the one mentioned above.
I did a search for this issue on this thread and only found 1 person to had the same issue. I don't know if anyone else can help me or not.
I love the game to death, but so far I've had FOUR issues and I've only had it a week.
-- Left ramp not always registering
-- Ball falling in sim card scoop but counting as a BOB/Trap Door/Locked Ball
-- Ball stuck in train station
-- Large amount of static in speakers
I bought a JJP because I thought it had superior build quality, but so far the Iron Maiden in the same room is flawless. I called JJP 3 times with 0 responses.
I'm a little sour.

I hate to tell you, but ... it sounds like you bought a pinball machine. We have a support group

1 week later
#4925 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

guys - do standard william/bally mirror blades fit on this game? I feel like they do and have an extra pair so wanted to confirm.
EDIT - it appears they do. I checked in this thread (earlier posts indicate yes). I'll try mine and if they don't sell them..

yes, they should fit

#4956 1 year ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Just today, I am now getting a periodic behavior upon boot up where the phone screen test pattern is only displayed on the bottom part of the phone screen and then after boot up, the screen is blank. See pic where entire screen should be filled with that a pattern at boot up. If I shut the machine off and turn it back on again, it goes back to normal and all works fine. I thought it might only happen after machine is unplugged (all power removed) but I have not been able to consistently reproduce. I had it happen several times.
I haven’t changed anything since yesterday. Any ideas? Love this machine but every month I seem to have a new problem to fix. The good news is that JJP helped me fix issues up to this point. [quoted image]

This is how I feel about TZ and STTNG try screwing in the screen connector on both the CPU in the backbox and the video screen on the PF

#4962 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Does JJP post updates about dialed in like they do with jjpotc? It would be nice to know a ballpark of when the next DI update is slated for release.

There's been speculation (only) that since that huge Hobbit update went out, that DI would be next, but I don't believe anyone has confirmed it. I just wish we could talk Ted into doing that final Twilight Zone update - the 9.4H release was such a milestone. He's got some just amazing ideas.

#4992 1 year ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

April 18 is my build date. They said I have cliffys when I talked to support but they sure look like the old ones to me

You definitely have the Cliffys. They started putting those on in January or something.

#4993 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guys just a reminder that if you have a newer DI make sure you change the color settings on the display. When I finally had my DI last year JJP replaced the display for to a dead pixel. I noticed that the screen out if the box didn't have the same pop as my original.... Reds especially. Fast forward and I'm back with a Feb build and same thing with the screen.
I went into the screen settings and bumped the contrast from default 50 to much higher and changed the color settings too and now it's much more vibrant. I'm a oled guy so I like a saturated picture!
I'm looking forward to the code update. I said it when I owned this last year and I still say the same having it now..... Smoothest shooter out now. Each owner should be given a stick of butter when you buy this game. Unbelievable.

On the phone display or the backbox display?

#4997 1 year ago
Quoted from kharri:

There are two different colors on the phone LEDs surrounding it being shipped. Some are red and very vibrant, some are orange and less so.
I believe he is talking about the large display as there are not settings for the phone.

The phone does have settings, if you attach the additional PCB to the phone, but I am sure you are right, it's the big display

Quoted from Insanity199:

I can’t agree with the phone. Many of us are going on our third phone. Being unlucky once, fine. But twice and some three times? Not saying that quality isn’t top notch overall but there have been numerous issues with the phone displays.

Unfortunately this isn't something that would be caught in QA at JJP; it's potentially a bad batch from their manufacturer. I have had zero issues with the phone myself

#5007 1 year ago
Quoted from kharri:

Not sure where the phone settings are? There are two PCBs inside the phone. One is the controller for the LCD and the VGA cable connects to it.
The other PCB is for the LEDs surrounding the phone. The Ethernet cable connects to it along with a power connector.

You know what, I am sorry - I am getting confused with Houdini. It also has a small LCD on the playfield, but includes a ribbon cable-connected set of buttons which can adjust it- that’s what I was referring to

#5024 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

A few questions:
1) How do you stop MB from occurring after two balls only? Is there anyway to change the default setting so you don't need to manually press the two flippers right away?
2) What is the best way to get the SIM card - best shot?
3) Is the "subway" shot the jackpot ramp that you hit top right flipper to left ramp?
4) What does overcharge do?
5) Best way to get the phone scoop to shoot just a little more to the left?
Thanks

1) flipper cancel RIGHT away. I do not believe you can disable it
2) bank off of standups but really there’s no guarantee
3) subways are 2 Ramps and theatre
4) more points in activated mode
5) move the scoop I would think, or adjust coil power

#5038 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Initially was disappointed with the slow pace of JJP but now realize some things like life are a marathon not a sprint, was glad to get my Woz built in 2017 many years on and hope Woz will continue to sell to new owners. Woz probably benefited by the delay of TH and DI got a boost in sales greatly by a delay in JJP PotC.

To build on this comment, I owned a WOZ a few years ago - I think it was my 2nd or 3rd machine(!). I could not appreciate it then so I sold it.. recently played a RR on location with updated code. WOW. My updated code allowed me to appreciate it a bit more . WOZ has been out what, 3, 4 years?

#5044 1 year ago
Quoted from BigStiffy:

I may be looking at a Dialed In LE this weekend. Does someone mind sparing me reading the 100+ pages of the club and summarizing potential issues and what to look for? Thanks in advance!

The trap door under the left ramp is the most common issue. Expect to have to adjust that at some point, it sticks open frequently. Fixing it is incredible simple though.

The other thing I can think of is to cut the Mylar away from the magnets as they protrude from the play field. Remove the magnet from underneath, then just take an X-acto knife and cut away the Mylar from the open hole (from below)

Also the little sign with the CRAZY BOB’s status is rotated weirdly on the game, so you can’t read it. It’s annoying but fixable; however is like that so it doesn’t cause a ball trap. Your call whether or not to address it

Others have mentioned messing with the screen colours and temperature, contrast, etc. I would recommend not doing that unless you are super familiar with how to dial in those settings - it can quickly make the LCD look worse if you don’t take the (long sometimes) time to get it perfect

#5074 1 year ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Ha. Yup. That cable is completely missing.
Any idea on troubleshooting the red tinted phone display?

The phone is just a tiny lcd display; you may need to get JJP to send you a cable which will let you mess with the settings, unless you find one in the cabinet

#5078 1 year ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Thanks.
I did submit a ticket, but I don't know how long it will take. In the meantime, I reverted to v1.50 FULL and it fixed it temporarily until the next reboot. I also updated to v1.52, and the LCD tint was still there. Today it's a yellow tint. Weird. Sounds like it's in software, though, which is good.

WEIRD! It’s like you got a bad driver installed. That should be rectified with an update though

#5097 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Ted said he's working on something that might include the QED guy moving to block balls. My game seriously suffers from sdtm drops from the theatre, so hoping they do something.

Clean with?

Sorry to hear that - it took us a while, but raising the back legs and setting the theater coil to. -90 finally did the trick

#5101 1 year ago

Turned on my game today all ready to play - and the upper right flipper is sticking! I believe it is an electrical issue, as the flipper drops as soon as I turn it off. occasionally it will drop down but it comes right back up as soon as I hit the button, and then it stays. Coil power test does not fire the flipper at all, which I thought was weird. Anybody else have this? I have not moved this game since I got it off the truck.

#5108 1 year ago

I’m very familiar with troubleshooting B/W games but I’m having this weird issue with my upper right flipper. When the game is -started- the upper right flipper stays in hold position. When the game is over, or is turned off, it drops. I am not sure where to start? Does DI even have a hold fuse I should try to check? Or is this a coil issue? I’m not sure where to start here

#5113 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

It isn't. Flipper would be locked up at power on, not when game is started.
LTG : )

Thanks guys. I just haven’t seen this behavior before, where when you start a game the flipper energizes. Will check the leaf switch!

UPDATE: yep, it was the flipper button leaf switch. I didn’t even remove the glass to fix it. The things you learn Thanks a ton!

#5118 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Then you haven't had a failed opto on a flipper button opto board or a broken flipper button opto board interrupter.
Same thing happens. JJP uses leaf blade switches instead of optos on the flipper buttons.

I don’t believe I have - I’ve replaced a lot of them as precautions but never had to fix a dead one . I also don’t believe I’ve ever owned a game that didn’t have optos on the buttons

#5122 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I´ve got the Bladeskinz (mirror and decals) and they look great but the fit is extremely tight (!), almost to the point of not working. I have scratched off som small parts of the decals so now I really avoid lifting the playfield (and if I do, I move it very very very slowly). Someone suggested putting some kind of sheet between the playfield and the blades when moving the playfield but it is so tight that nothing will fit there (even if I try to move the playfield to the sides).
Maybe the Bladeskinz are the thickest ones since they are chrome metal?

It’s really hard to avoid damaging metal blades. You can add felt to the playfield sides so it will slide easier, or buy the playfield protector that you insert before you lift the playfield

#5125 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'd personally say moderate to difficult depending on how you play it. Going for Armageddon is challenging but very achievable. Going for Showdown (especially with SIM memory off) is very tough!

SUPER tough! I have sim memory on, otherwise the game is way too hard for me. I did make it to Showdown ONE time on an incredibly lucky game - this is one of the only games I’ve gotten to the final wizard mode and didn’t almost immediately think about selling the game! It’s just too fun

#5128 1 year ago

Has anyone heard anything about the next update?

#5139 1 year ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Question how do you start the mechanic mode. The arm comes down, knocks the balls off the ramp. Then what do you shoot?

Do you mean the multiball? You’re supposed to shoot the ball up the ramp so it clears the arm when it’s up. Man it is harder than it sounds!!

#5141 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I hope they do more with the Drones shot. Game is already so good though.

No doubt, it is still super fun, and really still feels complete; just I know since Hobbit got that MASSIVE update recently I figured maybe DI had something in the wings - but I know they are also working on Pirates now

#5151 1 year ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I'm not sure what I'd prefer, just complaining.
It just seems too easy. The lock automatically lights after the first mode, then when you lock it through normal gameplay, the phone is no longer accessible to modes. I'm always feeling like I need to get that multiball out of the way in order to progress through the rest of the game. There's no avoiding it. The multiball is fun, but it's awarded so early in the game play, every game, that it almost becomes a chore.

You guys know you can skip the first MB right? You have to hit both buttons pretty much right after it starts but it works consistently to cancel the MB

#5155 1 year ago
Quoted from RJW:

It doesn't cancel it so much as it delays it. Once you start the next mode you are locked in to play the multiball. If you drain after cancelling the Mb you are locked into it at the start of the next ball.

Am I mistaken in thinking it’s the 2nd multiball this time though?

#5169 1 year ago
Quoted from tonycip:

no the arm comes down and stays down, what makes it go up and down?

Oh you just meant in general - yes I believe it’s when lock is lit. Just makes the game harder I guess

#5192 1 year ago

I would go ahead and install your mirror blades. I have pinblades without any issues. I'm assuming your pin is like mine. It's not difficult because of width. The playfield doesn't want to slide forward all the way (easily).
Junky

Anyone have thoughts about installing black mirror blades? Or would it be a waste on DI?

#5204 1 year ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I'm growing frustrated with the Bob's ball jamming issue. I've tried pulling the solenoid bracket towards the front of the playfield as recommended, but this has not resolved the issue. I'm not sure how it would considering the ball is jammed between the playfield and the lower subway bracket.
Am I doing this right? It's probably happened about 10-15 times in the last 100 games.
[quoted image]

Mine has done this as well- the issue is a right-to-left movement problem, not up and down like you might expect. There’s too much play in the hinge to make it works perfectly every time. Unless you lube or rebuild it

#5210 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

BTW Absolutely love my JJP.. so put down a deposit for a WOZ. cant wait!

I'm heading in this direction as well. I've bought and sold all of the current JJP games except DI, which is staying. Now I've tried a bunch of other games, and only a handful have remained in the "won't sell" pile. TZ, DI, MB for sure. I'm getting frustrated with Houdini and Scared Stiff, both of which I thought were never-sell games.

#5216 1 year ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I've previously owned a Scared Stiff and thought it was a long time keeper, too. The problem is that the game is so basic, it becomes repetitive, predictable, and boring. For the amount of money they go for, I decided to sell and put that cash into other games.
I'm glad I owned it. It's always a fan favorite for guests. It just couldn't hang in there in a smaller collection. If it was worth half the cost, I probably would've kept it.

I think the game is worth its high price, especially that it had a relatively limited run for games back then. It’s well integrated, very interesting playfield layout, and the spider is a one of a kind cool feature. But I agree 100% with everything else you said. It’s fun! It’s easy! Those are big virtues in my book - but I already have Monster Bash and they both can’t hang in a 5 game collection

#5228 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I haven't bought a pin in years, but we had a chance to play this at a barcade a few months ago. I think this might be my next pin. ...sigh pins are so pricey these days.
That being said there seem to be a ton of little issues here and there from the pages I've read. I know that the phone seems to be an issue, and that's a concern since it is the primary aspect of the game.

There’s really not - my game was built in Jan 2018, and I only had 1 issue with the trap door; you may have an issue - every game has something - but you won’t likely have all of them. JJP games are outstanding quality - and this game is FUN AS HELL. good choice

#5236 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Oh they will and if it's anything like the Hobbit hold on

Don’t get too excited - Hobbit had a lot of gaps; DI is pretty complete

#5238 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Agreed - DI is farther along but I feel like it really needs code to help make those bob MB's or any MB make sense to pursue. I'm interested in hearing other strategies right now besides hit electric guy, play mode and do it again...

Well, nope that’s pretty much the game. It makes sense though - this game progresses much more like a video game than any other pin(especially when you get to the Boss battles). DI really pissed me off tonight. Had 2 great balls, completed 4 modes and 1 multi ball, got extra ball, and then ... pinball happened. Drain. Drain. Drain. Arrrgh..

#5242 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

so I get my dialed in today and first thing I'm hit with is trap door issue. If it's down, the switch does work to raise it when expected. Problem is I can see it struggles to actually close the door again. I'm out of time now to revisit but will tonight. If anyone knows of why it won't go down and what to focus on exactly, appreciate that info in advance - otherwise I will read through the troubleshooting as my previous DI never had this error. Thanks

the posts are marked as key posts in this thread

#5248 1 year ago

Hoping for a little code update soon!

Made it to Showdown today. Man this game is fun! I didn’t make it though.. ugh, and I think I had to start over? I wasn’t about to do that and go through the whole game again so I just bailed. Still fun though !

#5251 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I am seriously considering this as well, as the game is so damn hard. Just too bad having to play the game any other way Pat intended too.
Maybe the code update will make sim memory on factory standard?

I always have SIM card save on; you are right, the game is too hard without it. You'd never make it to the end without having that on - it's hard enough to earn the darn things!

1 week later
#5280 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

The next update should also let you score SIM cards when you drop into the SIM card hole during Chaos in Quantum City mode.

Aah! I hadn’t even realised this wasn’t happening already

#5287 1 year ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I usually trap up the ball on the left flipper, then a strong fast hit to the theater almost always works. If the ball is floating around or not moving quickly, the magnets will definitely have their way with it.

This works for me as well sometimes - but there are still a LOT of times when the ball comes back out of the theater and SDTM, and of course I also have the times when they all just rockets down the middle after the magnet grabs it and -drain.

I wish they could add some code to grab the ball at that drone magnet after you successfully make a shot. May not be physically possible but it would help a lot

#5290 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The drone magnet does grab the ball? Mine does a fair amount... its pretty cool

I meant and stop it when the ball comes out of the theatre - like in Met or something. Or at least throw the ball to the right - mine frequently gets pulled straight between the flippers

#5307 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I know the code update is going to add a MB and some animations. Does anyone have solid reason to believe we’ll also get scoring tweaks in the BOB modes, MBs, etc.? I know we all here want some scoring tweaks and talk about it a lot. I just haven’t heard if we’ll actually get it.

Nope, Ted would need to chime in and confirm anything. I believe even that multiball was extrapolated from a new rule sheet somebody put out. The last code update they did for Hobbit was PHENOMENAL though, so any tweaks for DI will only make
A great game
Excellent

#5313 1 year ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I had a problem with my phone having a red tint, so JJP replaced the phone under warranty. Now, the phone's display is out of alignment. See the photo. If I restart the game two or three time, it eventually works. It's hasn't been properly aligned the first boot since I installed it last Thursday.
Any ideas? Or is this another JJP tech support ticket?
[quoted image]

That is weird! The offset is a setting though, I would open a ticket.

#5321 1 year ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Not disagreeing but with no awesome jackpots it really puts the emphasis on accumulating sim cards which have the potential for dramatic score enlargement. I think what I am trying to say is some machines are all about the multi ball jackpots, some aren't. which begs the question does a game need to have multi ball jackpots to be fun/great/complete?

I get what he’s saying though - the multiballs are fun, but they can feel “forced” on you and there’s not a lot to make them worthwhile. On the BOB multiballs, if you beat them you earn a SIM card, which wouldn’t be the worst idea for these either. And these have much more of a “beat the bad guy” feel to them since you are actually being attacked!

#5328 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

suppose this has been asked already (post 1332 didnt help me) : how easy (or not) it is to remove the backbox from the cab, as i have some tight stairs to climb... (and of course dont have the pinball in my hands right now)
tanx

It’s hard for a newer game. The back box is heavy as HELL because the whole game is inside it. You will need to desolder the cabinet woofer, and open up the computer case inside the back box in order to get to some of the wires. By comparison, WOZ and hobbit are a breeze. But it is not impossible. It probably took me 2 hours vs 10 minutes for WOZ and Hobbit. But it’s possible, just make sure you get help. Removing the play field is about as easy as TH/WOZ, which is to say not too tough: The play field and back box are very heavy

#5331 1 year ago

Ordered my manual, they already put it through !

#5350 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Got my Dialed In manual. Wow! Worth the wait. This sucker’s huge! Maybe 3.5 pounds and extremely well done. High quality-first class all the way as always. Thanks Jersey Jack Pinball!
It includes 60 full color pages with pictures on the design and making of Dialed In as well as many many pictures from various shows leading up to the official release of Dialed In!
[quoted image]

I’m curious, when did you order it?

#5353 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I ordered it on Thursday. Get yours quick before they run out of this batch!

I also ordered on the 20th,
So hopefully it arrives tomorrow!

#5356 1 year ago

Ok wait a sec. Order it? I thought all LE owners were just going to receive one. We're supposed to order one?

I mean it’s not technically “ordering” it but you do have to raise your hand by entering a support ticket

#5360 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Just an FYI somebody just listed a pretty sweet “Suicide Squad” version of Dialed In on the marketplace. To complete the transformation it even has an actual phone case stuck over the ball lock area.
Looks pretty legit. Yours for the low low price of $9,999.00
You’re welcome.
[quoted image]

I mean.. why... like, in the WORLD. Would a rational thinking human think that’s a good idea ?

#5382 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Real Cliffy's allow it to happen more often. Myself, I'd rather it did not happen at all as I like my games tougher rather than easier.

I can confirm this. Generally the kickback hits the UR flipper but occasionally it will go right in. I have real Cliffy’s. The original factory Protectors seem just thick enough to cause issues

#5386 1 year ago

Another day, no manual... darn!

#5388 1 year ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Mine showed up yesterday.

Uncool, man! Lol

#5408 1 year ago

Got my manual! I love the appendices - lots of behind the scenes in there

#5451 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Is there a difference between JJP hole protectors and Cliffy Hole protectors? I thought Cliffy was making them for JJP now? I had asked the previous owner to send in an order for me through JJP (as he still had the game).

There was a run of games that had protectors JJP created/installed themselves, and were thicker than Cliffy's designs. they seem to be more prone to bricks and rejects

#5453 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Ok. My game has nothing installed, so I'm hoping that the ones that JJP will send me are the thinner official Cliffy protectors.

Yes I believe they are doing Real Cliffys now

#5488 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Yes I’d love to know as well. Since these pins are so expensive, I’m looking to buy one of the two. I like DI as a great game cause I’ve played it at a friends, but looking at pirates too. It seems to have even more active toys and depth. Can someone who owns DI tell me why they’d chose it over Pirates or vice versa?
A couple of questions I’d like answered by you DI owners: So what’s your verdict?
1. If you had one table either POTC or DI, which would it be and why?
2. Which one will have greater longevity for the family?
3. Which one will have a better resale value?
4. Is the depth on POTC better than DI, so the game will hold interest longer since you’ve seen/played both?
5. Have you ever grown bored with DI and want a newer challenge or has it staying power for you?
Trying to decide what to buy. At these high prices want to figure out best value for money. Thinking POTC everyone knows and so it is more likely to resale much easier than say DI, which few know (I do like original theme of DI). But would be nice to just buy one and keep it for the long haul.
Thanks for your help in advance. If you answer all questions correctly, you’ll get many free plays on Batman 66, lol. A table I have already and enjoy. But must say I’m impressed more with JJP’s high quality and not sparing on the details. JJP tables do not seem to have the copy and paste approach that Stern takes. Can’t wait for Toy Story. That’s a definite buy!

IMO DI, although I only have a few games on POTC. Pirates is really cool, almost rivals WOZ IMO.. but it is hard to get into. And loooooong. DI has a lot more “pick up and play” going for it. For me.

#5491 1 year ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I would recommend waiting a year or so on POTC to see how it all shakes out. The designer seems like a great guy, but I'd hesitate to jump in head first on a new designer's first design.

However it DID work out pretty good for Imdn..

#5495 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Eric is an awesome guy and POTC is a super fun game. First design or not, I think POTC has the depth you would expect from a Keefer game, as opposed to DI which harkens back to the B/W style mode driven game. DI shots and flow are very smooth with a great ruleset, and solid art, audio, and video package.
POTC has a complicated (some might say overly) ruleset that you'll need to really delve into. The game plays well, but doesn't flow as nicely as DI. It does have lots of innovations and small (positive) nuances that make it really stand out from other machines. You'll not find a machine similar to PTOC as a whole.
You will have to try to play both of you can, then decide. I prefer DI over POTC, but that doesnt mean that POTC is a slouch. I'd have both if I could.

Help me understand how Keith’s games are different from a mode-driven game? I am familiar with TH, WOZ, LOTR, etc but these all seem like mode based games to me

#5504 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Mode-driven games, to me, are games where you have to complete a set of modes to make progression through the game to get to the final wizard mode. Looking at B/W games, Lawlor games specifically, if we look at TAF, TZ, Roadshow (just the first few that pop into my mind), you have to qualify a mode, start a mode, then rinse and repeat to get to the final wizard mode. Yeah, there are mulitballs, quick mulitballs, other "side" modes, but they don't necessarily give you progress through the game. If you think about TZ, you have the door panels. As long as you light them all, you'll get to LITZ. You have the main mulitball and the Powerball multiball. You could play those 2 multiballs all day without progression. Or you could play directly for door panels to get to LITZ.
If you think about LOTR for example, it has a much larger ruleset than TZ. Admittedly, I'm not super familiar with the ruleset, but from what I understand, there are several different objectives that you need to get in order to get the the final wizard mode. There are the 3 multiballs (from each of the movies), there are the ring modes, the gift of the elves (each requiring a different objective be met) etc. I'm not sure you could call those "modes" (some are modes, some are shoot X, Y, Z). Look at WoZ. I think in one of Keefer's interviews, he said that WoZ was LOTR 2.0, and just beyond the modes in that game, there are a plethora of other objectives to reach in order to get to Somewhere over the Rainbow.
I guess one could argue that the objective in Keefer's games could be considered modes. For me, it's more like ticking off a checklist of items before getting to a final wizard mode, where as, for more mode-driven games, there are actual modes that once you qualify, not necessarily complete, you'll get to a final wizard mode. I understand that with DI, you have to collect Sim card in order to get to Armageddon, but that seems like a pittance compared to Keefer's ruleset lol.

So if I’m breaking this down; the difference to you is that a “mode based game” requires starting each mode, but not necessarily completing them to get the final wizard mode - and the more complex games (LOTR/WOZ, et al) require completing stuff in order to do so?

LOTR is based on “collecting” things - getting the rings lit, completing the battles, etc. (Are we considering Valinor or Destroy the Ring as “completing” the game?) This is also how TH works.

DI is more of the Addams/Twilight where you are starting each mode to progress, but must collect the SIM cards to get to the final mode. IMO if we are basing purely on variety, TH offers the most - you have the same basic 5 things required for each stage/movie, but the Smaug Multiball and the modes themselves
Offer a huge variety of challenges. Smaug, which also offers its own unique build-up in order to actually kill him, changes as you progress through the game. Mode inside-a-mode, if you will. The collect-the-dwarves and Beast modes are relatively consistent as you progress.

DI has another code update coming soon, but I doubt it will change the rule set drastically - I really enjoy the fairly linear progression, and the inclusion of all the video game sensibilities (bosses, mini bosses, etc), but I have to balance it with other games. I love DI but have not played it in a month after getting to Showdown. Then Pinball happened

#5546 1 year ago

I hope there were no intentions to remove it in the update because it's great the way it is.

Absolutely agree. Took me a couple tried but mine works excellently

#5568 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Is there a collected 'common issues with DI and fixes' thing like somebody did for ... some other game that is escaping me at the moment?
I have the theater guide with the harsh edge I'd like to fix, but I'm not sure about the best way to cleanly re-shape it. I kind of want to adjust my lock ramp to come down farther left than the dangerous point it does now, but with how the ramp edge goes over the nut it's not just a simple move and tighten down affair -- has anybody done an adjustment there? Bent the ramp? something else?
I think I finally have my trap door working well. I tried all the basic advice I'd seen from others, but was still having issues. In the end, the screw on the bottom of the drop coil on mine was loose so the coil would rotate and the catch/release would get screwed up.

Quoted from brucipher:

New code stream day!! Sadly, I will miss the live stream...stupid work!

Can't believe we have to wait until THURSDAY to check out new code... sigh.. guess I'll have to play my Hobbit, which just got ANOTHER awesome update! JJP is on fire!

#5571 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Chicago JJP today 3pm CDT - https://www.twitch.tv/jjplive
They will be testing at Pinball Expo later this week. If all goes well, released sometime after that.

Hopefully MINUTES after that!

#5574 1 year ago