IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphs007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3975 5 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

What is this mylar story about magnets?
Thank you for your answers

I think I read somewhere, that If you don't remove the mylar,that's covering the magnets,the mylar will start to bubble up. I'll see if I can find the post, where I read this .This could be my first pinball machine,and I'm trying to read up on all of the possible problems,I'll have to fix, if I do decide on this game.

Here you go,this should answer your question. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/17#post-4019583

#4067 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

My phone went black after playing for a while as well. From my experience and a few others, it is almost definitely your phone. Hook up a computer monitor to the VGA out and see if it happens. It likely won’t.

I have a question,how much would a new phone cost you,once your warranty expires?
Thanks in advance

#4069 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

With or without a 2 year contract?

I haven't bought a machine yet,so I'm not familiar with how the warranty's work. So let's just say I no longer have any warranty coverage, and my phone dies on me,what can I expect to pay for a replacement.

#4074 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

99-030032-00 Smartphone Assy 1 EA 224.99

Thanks. That's not so bad,I was afraid it would cost as much as an iPhone 10
I'm trying to decide on which pinball machine to buy for my first machine. So far,DI is the front runner.
I've read over 50 pages of this thread, and I'll make my decision,once I'm finished.

1 week later
#4193 5 years ago

Any recommendations on which headphones to get for Dialed In LE ? I can't remember the last time I used headphones.

#4195 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Answer, take off ya beer goggles and connect the jack inside the cabinet.
I have just put in Sennheiser phones, sound great.

Could you please tell me what size the Jack is on your headphones?
Thanks in advance

#4207 5 years ago

Ordering my Dialed In Le tomorrow.From what I've read in previous post,I should avoid the playing field protection,correct? Or has this changed?
Thanks in advance
Ralph

#4211 5 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Yes avoid it.

Thank you,I just sent Cliff my information,so that I could order the cliffys,that aren't installed at the factory.He said he's swamped with orders,so It'll be awhile before I get my order.

#4214 5 years ago

I'm guessing that a Nib game doesn't come with a waxed playing field. But that's okay because I'm ready.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4223 5 years ago

I just joined the club,and I'll have my Dialed In LE,June 1st. Do I have to learn a special handshake or anything like that? I'm really hoping that I don't have to go through any kind hazing, because I have a low tolerance to pain,Lol.
While I'm waiting for my Pinball Machine,is there anything I should pick up,before it arrives? I bought wax,surge protector,memory stick,DMM,and a vacuum attachment kit.
Thanks in advance
Ralph

#4232 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

The secret "handshake" is to hold your phone above your head as you walk by. If you are new to receiving pinball machines from a freight company, don't let the driver leave and don't sign the paperwork until you open the box and make sure that there isn't any damage. There have been a few rare cases where they get damaged in shipping. There is a indicator on the outside of the box that JJP puts on it to show if has had any sudden jolts, but don't trust just that - open up the box and look.

I'm picking my machine up at JJP.I hope they are okay with customers inspecting the game before loading ? I would think,they'd encourage it. I planned on opening the top,and looking inside,before I loaded it into my buddies SUV. I'll have to ask the girl I ordered my game from next Thursday.She asked me to call her the day before, to confirm my pickup.
Thanks for the help.

#4233 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I would grab the cliffy magnet protectors, the mylar will just crumple up in no time. Stainless or carbon don't matter but to my taste I like the carbons. You'll need two, drones and theater.

Thanks you.

#4235 5 years ago

That's most likely Jen, Jacks daughter. She is a great person to deal with.

You're correct,and she is a very nice person to deal with.

#4242 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Ask for a tour and let us know if the JJPOTC changeover has started yet.

I'll look into the tour, but I might have to pick it up on a Thursday,instead of Friday,so that I'll have plenty of time. JJP starts their summer hours,so they'll be closing at 12 noon on Fridays. I'd love to take the tour,but I wonder how my buddy who's helping me pick up the machine will feel about that.

#4250 5 years ago

Has anyone added plastic protectors to their game? I don't recall seeing them mentioned in this thread.
Thanks in advance

#4257 5 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

LE on it's way to me. Things I need to do from skimming this long post is remove mylar from the magnets, install cliffy protesters and change the balls.
Anything else?

I'm thinking about getting Plastic Protectors for my machine. I'm not sure which brand I should get.I did email Pinbits to see if they plan on making them,but I haven't heard back from them.

#4270 5 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I bought protectors from mezel mods and they look great.

Thank you,I'm going to order a set.

#4316 5 years ago

Could somebody with a DI do me a favor? I'd like to know what the measurement is, from the bottom of the cabinet near the back legs to the floor. This way, I could set up my adjustable sawhorse,and use it to hold up the back end of my DI,while I attach the rear legs.
Thanks in advance

#4326 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

25"
LTG : )

Thank you.

#4336 5 years ago

It's official,I'm now a member I picked up my game today, and Papapin gave me a hand setting it up.

IMG_20180531_172756778 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_20180531_172756778 (1) (resized).jpg
#4340 5 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I’m a new member as well. Thanks to Shane from Ayce Gogi

Congratulations !

#4377 5 years ago
Quoted from Gizmonic:

The main issues with the trap door are caused by the fact that JJP is not using the adjustment tab for some reason. I try to explain it here:

Ron...

I picked up my Nib Dialed In last Thursday,and this is how the trap door is set up now,using the adjustment tab.

#4416 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

My trap flap is about to die... it’s half way cracked. Seems like it may be a flawed design

Design flaw,or cheap steel is being used?

#4478 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Thank you. I appreciate it

Once you remove the mylar,you should clean the sticky glue that's left on the magnet with some alcohol.

#4484 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

On both my WOZ and DI, I can’t lift the playfield without scratching against the sides, and that’s without blades. I don’t know how people with blades do it.

That's one of the reasons stopping me from getting a set. The other reason is,if my game hit me with any more light from the mirror blades,I think I would pass out,during some stages in the game.

#4506 5 years ago

I waxed my playing field two days ago,and I checked the balls yesterday,and they look fine,as far as having no pitting or chips.My game has about 400 plays on it,but very short plays,I might add, I'm not very good,but I'm still having a lot of fun! I just received some balls from The Pinball Wizard,and I'll replace the ones in my game when I see any problems arise.
One more thing,I order some flipper springs from the them,are these okay for my Dialed In ? http://www.thepinballwizard.net/index.php?p=product&id=384 . They weren't expensive,and if they're not the right ones,it's no big deal.I figured since I had to order balls,I might as well prepare for a busted spring sometime down the road. Sorry for the beginners question .

#4508 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Drop target springs. Those are usually different and won't work.
You can try them. Won't hurt anything.

Thanks,maybe I'll buy a machine that these will fit in.That way,the $2.25 I spent on them won't go to waste.

#4568 5 years ago
Quoted from KellerDj:

Well just joined the club with #77 what a great game and build quality is amazing just a couple issues when got it setup, the BOB sign wasn't attached with any screws just the one rivet so side is marred with a line, left flipper was bound up both easy fixes, but the Phone has one bad red led right near the top on left side if was on the bottom wouldn't bother me as much so have a ticket in, but other than that great game and heavy.

Congratulations on your new Pinball Machine. Is that a WOZ next to your Dialed In ?

#4569 5 years ago

While were on the subject of QED guy,what do his initials stand for ? Quantum Electric Dude?

#4584 5 years ago

I officially joined the club yesterday! LE#289 is in my gameroom now. Born on date is 4/26/18. I’m loving this game. It’s just awesome. Really fun to play!
I have some issues right off the bat.
Number 1 is this terrible static speaker noise no matter what volume the game is set to. I called JJP and they are sending me one of those in-line noise isolators that others have posted about. I have a hard time believing that this will completely fix the problem. The noise is loud. I’ve checked all connections. I connected an external amp and speakers to the motherboard (no noise). So this tells me it’s the cable or the sound board and not the MB or audio out jack. No noise through headphones either. I need to try swapping the audio cable between MB and sound board next to rule that out.
Number 2 has happened only once. Both displays went blank during a game. The game continued as normal. I turned off/on the pin and the displays powered back on. I’m hoping this doesn’t happen again.
Number 3 is strange. The selfie camera takes new pictures only sometimes when I enter in a name for high scores. Sometimes it will display an older picture from a previous game. Really weird.
Number 4 is no big deal. I can’t get my Samsung S8+ to connect to the pin. The app refuses to connect. I’ve tried multiple times. Not that I’m gonna be playing with the phone, but I just wanted to try it.
It took me a while to find the theater magnet settings that you guys have posted about. I was looking for a magnet power setting. That was the mistake. The adjustment is not power, it’s a delay in milliseconds. For anyone else looking, it’s in the test menu. Mine came really high from the factory (-30 I think). So far -90 seems to be working pretty good along with the magnet behavior set to “normal”. I tried the lab test mode too but couldn’t see any benefit.
So far I like the lower flippers at power 21 and upper flipper at 17.
The slingshots don’t have a power setting. Strange. They have another time delay setting. What are you guys setting these at?
Junky

Looks like our games are twins,my game was born on 04/26/18 too.

#4636 5 years ago

My understanding is yes, it's supposed to be 6.5 degrees at the recommended "bubble edge touching the 2nd line". Mine was not

I was kinda surprised that my bubble level was dead on I checked it with a digital level.

#4650 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Unfortunately ill never get far enough to see any of it lol

Maybe we can start our own club.

#4652 5 years ago

I posted about this earlier. My new LE did this twice in the first couple days

What did JJP have to say about your problem?

3 weeks later
#4813 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

This is the kind of pin I need. Every pin I've owned (check my owned in the past list) has been played for a day or two by my kids and they just give up on it. If Dialed In could bring them to playing more with me I'd be happy. I just feel like on this title I'm a bit priced out of the market. I've been trying to justify a standard version but that is even pricey. Would I lose out too much on a standard vs LE that I'd be unhappy with it?

I'd get Dialed In,only if you like it.I almost bought a WOZ machine, because my wife said it looked pretty,when I showed her a Youtube video of the game. I thought it would be nice to get a game we both could play together.
I only played a couple of games on a WOZ,that had a screwed up weak left flipper.It was so bad,that I couldn't tell if I liked the game or not.
I ended up buying a DI, because I really liked playing the game,and after a week of owning DI,my wife says,"Pinballs not my thing".Well at least she gave it a shot.Plus playing Pinball, also aggravated her left wrist,which she's been having trouble with.

Lesson learned,I'm glad I didn't gamble and buy a machine,hoping that my wife would play pinball with me.

#4826 5 years ago

While playing my game tonight,the ball want into the trap door,and then in dropped into the cabinet.This happened two times tonight.
The diagnosis,said the trap door was okay,but when I hit the test to open the door,it did not respond.
Does anyone have any idea of what the problem could be?
I played a couple of more games,and everything worked okay,but I still think there's a problem with the trap door.
Thanks in advance .

#4828 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yup.
Turn game off. Lift playfield up a little and hold with right hand. With left hand grab the trap door big coil/bracket near the lower part of them and give a gentle tug towards the front of the game.
Done.

Did we have the high power interlock switch on the left inside of coin door pulled out to enable high power ?

I located the bracket,but I don't feel any kind of play in it.
Thanks for the tip on the interlock switch

IMG_20180717_005317422 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_20180717_005317422 (1) (resized).jpg
#4832 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I didn't say there was any play in it. You bend it a tiny bit yanking it forward.

Okay,so right where my finger is pointing,is where I grab it and bend it forward?
Thanks in advance

#4833 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I didn't say there was any play in it. You bend it a tiny bit yanking it forward.

The hole that the ball is dropping through,is right below my sharpie pointer.The tab I'm pointing at,looks like if I bend it out a little,it would stop the ball from fitting into the hole,and stop the ball from falling into the cabinet.
Is this what your telling me to bend?
It also looks like, if the bracket was unscrewed from the bottom of the PF, and dropped a quarter of an inch,it would close the hole,preventing the ball from dropping through.I'm not sure it this would affect the arm,that opens and closes the trap door.
I'd just like to make sure I have the right solution,before I attempt any repair.
IMG_20180717_105449669 (resized).jpgIMG_20180717_105449669 (resized).jpg

#4840 5 years ago

Quoted from imagamejunky:Today I moved/separated the Crazy Bob signs (along with backlighting) and added Pinblades.
I'm stoked!

Do you have any problems,with the Pinblades,being too close to the PF,when you raise the playing field up? I really like the looks of the Pinblades,but I was afraid,I'd scratch them up, since I'm clumsy like that.

#4844 5 years ago

Thanks man. I can't take credit. Mezel sells the kit.
Here's a pic with them lit.
The station is lit up underneath blue also but it's pretty dim compared to the other lighting.

It's gonna look really sweet, when you put your new topper on it.

#4846 5 years ago

Just noticed on my moving target (QED guy),that the left Led is not working. I don't know how long it's been out,and I only noticed it was out,when my buddy was playing the game.Normally,I don't have time to look that close,while I'm playing.
I checked the connections,and the wires look okay.
Any idea what could be wrong?
Thanks in advance
Ralph

#4850 5 years ago
Quoted from kharri:

Check the connector behind QED guy. Mine was loose and the LEDs were not lighting. Use the test menu to turn the LEDs on and wiggle some wires and the LED. If all fails you may need to check the LED with an ohm meter.

Thanks,I'll check when I get home from playing golf.

#4880 5 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

Congrats, I just got me DI LE last week and loving it! The first thing I would check is to make sure the Crazy Bob trap door (under the station ball lock) is working properly. I played for a day before I even realized that it was supposed to stay closed until BOB was lit. It was a bit of a pain to finally get it greased and adjusted just right to open up and close properly.
It was stuck open out of the box, so I put some grease on it according to recommendations in this thread by ltg . After that it was closing, but would not catch to stay up. It just kept popping open and closing immediately. Once I finally got that adjusted, it wasn't opening up enough, which made the BOB shot hard to hit because the ball had to have enough force to slam it through the hole. After more adjusting and tweaking of the latch, I finally got it to where when it pops open, it's high enough to have the ball just drop into the crazy bob hole as intended.
I think my biggest problem was that I wasn't sure exactly how it was supposed to work, so I was adjusting blindly and trying to figure it out at the same time.
Here are some pictures that hopefully will help someone else out that is having same issues.

I'm having issues with my trap door closing when it should.I did grease the recommended parts,but I'm still having problems with the door closing.When I run a test on the device,it opens and closes like it should,but during the game,it stays open.
It also stays open at the end of the game,and is open at the start of a new game.
Not really sure if I should adjust any screws,since the door works,in the test mode?
Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing this problem?
Thanks in advance
Ralph
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4883 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I'm having issues with my trap door closing when it should.I did grease the recommended parts,but I'm still having problems with the door closing.When I run a test on the device,it opens and closes like it should,but during the game,it stays open.
It also stays open at the end of the game,and is open at the start of a new game.
Not really sure if I should adjust any screws,since the door works,in the test mode?
Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing this problem?
Thanks in advance
Ralph

Update on the trap door. After I greased the trap door,and moved the parts around a bit,the door worked a little better,but it was still hanging up.
The thing that did the trick,was playing about twenty games,on the newly greased trap door.
Now it's opening and closing like a champ! Every once in awhile,it stays open,into the next game.It's not enough to bother me,and now the game is playing much better.
I'd like to thank Lloyd,for taking the time to call me,and helping me out.
I love you man

#4900 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

You guys find that this game had a lot of dirt/dust on it? I've put on about 700 games, but within the first couple of weeks, the factory white rubbers we're already black. Never seen anything like this oney other games.
I stripped most of the pf, cleaned/waxed, and replaced all rubbers with new Titans and will see how long it stays clean.
Just curious to hear from others about this.

I wipe them down with Nexus 1,and the black comes right off for me.Please send me the rubbers you just removed,I'll pay the shipping.

#4903 5 years ago
Quoted from kharri:

Check the connector behind QED guy. Mine was loose and the LEDs were not lighting. Use the test menu to turn the LEDs on and wiggle some wires and the LED. If all fails you may need to check the LED with an ohm meter.

Could you tell me what numbers I should see when testing the ohms on the led? I did switch the connectors around,left onto the right,right onto the left.When I did this, now the left LED worked,but the right one was dead,so maybe it's a broken wire somewhere down the line. I also replaced the LED,and the small wire harness,that JJP sent me,that hooks into the top of QED guy.I'm guessing that the wire,below this new harness, inside of QED guys legs,or under the PF,could be broken.
I even checked under the PF for a lose connection,but I didn't see any problem.I'm not about to start taking apart the QED guy, to see if there's a cut in the wire,that runs through him.Since this causes no problems while playing,I'm going to leave well enough alone.
Thanks for the suggestions.

#4927 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Definitely the other way around. My first phone was from summer 2017 and it was very orange. Replacement was sent in December 2017 and it is red and the colors are MUCH more vibrant. Later revs are RED, not orange. Maybe they sent you older parts?

My replacement phone,has more orange in it than my first phone did.I replaced my first phone,because every once in awhile,I had to restart the game,because the screen was blank. Now I'm having this issue with my replacement phone.If it doesn't get any worse,I'm okay with having to restart the game, every once in awhile. As far as orange or red,I don't care,as long as the thing works.
It makes me wonder if the problem is with my machine,and not the phone?

#4930 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sounds more like the video card than the phone.

Thanks.

#4960 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Grrr. If I have to replace the phone it will be my third phone. The previous one had bad LEDs. I guess if this problem persists, I can try my old phone with bad LED.

I'm having the same issue,and one of the posters in this thread,said it could be a bad video card.JJP is sending me a new card, to see if that's the problem.If not,it's looks like I'll need a third phone.
For what it's worth ,JJP has been great in their tech support ,and also in sending out replacement parts.

#4968 5 years ago

My Auxiliary Graphics Card came today.Any tips on what I should and shouldn't do,while replacing the card?And what's the best way for me to discharge any static electricity I may have in my body,before I touch any computer parts,in the back box.
I haven't had any need to go into the back box so far,since I've owned the game,so I don't even know where the Graphics card is?
Thanks in advance
Ralph

#4971 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Turn game off. Leave plugged in. Touch metal back plate or any metal part in the head will take away any static you may have.

Thanks Lloyd,I was checking out some instructions for installing a graphic card, in a computer,and I came across this.Once the card is installed,
"Now it’s time to take care of the software side of upgrading your graphics card.If your new graphics card is the same brand as your old card , this process is simple. Just go to the manufacturer’s website and download the latest driver package for you operating system".
Do I need to download the driver for this card?
P.S
My daughter used to handle all of my computer problems and fixes,but she want and got married on me.

#4977 5 years ago

I have a question about the height of the trap door, when it's open. I haven't measured the height,but just by eye balling it,it looks like it's 3/4 " high when it's open.
Every once in a while,it causes the ball to be deflected back down the ramp.
It looks like there's a way to adjust the height of the trap door,by moving the hardware,to the next set of holes,in the device.
Thanks in advance

#4985 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Shouldn't have to.

Cut her out of the will.

Okay Lloyd,I installed the card today,and only time will tell,if that's the problem.Thanks again!

#5016 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Got the Cliffy protectors for the inlanes. Anyone else have problem with the ball getting stuck? I've tried bending down the metal spring which helped but still have balls getting stuck from time to time.

Mine came last week,but I haven't put them on yet.Did feathering the front edge of the protector work for you?

#5022 5 years ago

On mine there were a few times the ball was stuck on the left lane. It wasn’t the Cliffy causing the issue though. The rubber ring around the slingshot was fat enough to hold the ball. I stretched the ring and this seemed to have made it slightly smaller which no longer held the ball. Thought you might want to try this.
Junky

I had the same problem.Stretching the rubber ring only works for a game or two,and then the rubber returns to its original position.I ended up filing the inlane post,and now it's working like it should. After I filed it,I polished it with Mothers Mag/aluminum polish.

#5029 5 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Finally received my topper from Mezel Mods.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!

1 week later
#5076 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

They sent out a shipment of them before. Jack handed me ours right from the shelf at JJP in NJ a couple of weeks ago. There were probably about 50 or so wrapped up in packing material on the shelf getting ready to go out He said that they're shipping them out in batches as they receive them from the printer. I guess it must take a while to make over a thousand of these very nice manuals. I might try to get a TH and WOZ manual after seeing this one. Same as the online manual, but has some extra photos and stuff at the end. [quoted image]

I think I may have a long wait for mine.My machine is number 1051.

#5082 5 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

Yep, same thing happened to me. Call JJP and they will send you a new door. It’s a little bit of a pain to put in but nothing horrible. Since you will have the trap door opener mech off it’s also a good opportunity to check and adjust the opening height, if necessary.

Good idea on checking the height of the trap door.Mine was lifting only 3/4" of an inch,and I think that's what caused mine to break in only two months.The constant pounding on the spring steel,is not a good thing,IMHO.

#5099 5 years ago

You can scratch it by waving your hand, rocking your head side to side lol yeah seriously. Also with the auto scratching I believe that happens if you didn't wave it fast enough and a follow up shot went through the theatre again so it auto scratches, might be wrong on that but I think that's what I had observed.

I wish you didn't have to wave at all.So far my game scratches the tickets off for me and I hope it stays that way.

#5100 5 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Hi All.. just wanted to share a video of PinGraffix Dialed In PowerBladez installed and to let everyone know they are shipping now.
Thank you to everyone who pre-ordered.
I have to admit I was blown away myself after installing them. They look 3D!
You can check out the video here:
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/dialed-in-pinball-powerbladez
Best!
-Joe

They do look good,but I think they would be too tight on my machine.
On the bottom left of my play field, there's only a 1/16 inch gap, between the PF edge and the cabinet.
Are they screwed into the cabinet,or did you use tape/ Velcro.
Thanks in advance
Ralph

#5126 5 years ago

Looks like I'm ready for phone number three. My second phone,is starting to act up on me.I replaced the video card,but it looks like it's the phone,that needs replacing.
The phone is blacked out at the start of a game,and I have to shut off my game,and turn it back on.
The good news is, it's not very hard to replace.

1 week later
#5225 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I'm growing frustrated with the Bob's ball jamming issue. I've tried pulling the solenoid bracket towards the front of the playfield as recommended, but this has not resolved the issue. I'm not sure how it would considering the ball is jammed between the playfield and the lower subway bracket.
Am I doing this right? It's probably happened about 10-15 times in the last 100 games.
[quoted image]

I had a similar problem,my ball would go into the trap door,and then drop into the cabinet.I bent the small tab,that I'm pointing to in the picture,so the ball would no longer fit through the opening. If I were you,I'd bend the tab,so that the ball wouldn't go so deep into the bracket.
I'll show the before and after pictures,of the tab I'm talking about bending.
HTH
Ralph
IMG_20180717_105449669 (resized).jpgIMG_20180717_105449669 (resized).jpgIMG_20180717_134823740 (resized).jpgIMG_20180717_134823740 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#5297 5 years ago

Just received my third trap door.I hope this one last longer than one month! I have no idea why these ramps are breaking so often? I wish there was some kind of mod to strengthen the spring steel,that keeps breaking on me.
At the rate I'm going,I'll need eight ramps per year.

2 weeks later
#5425 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I got to Chaos in Quantum City last night and didnt even realize I had gotten that far! Awesome! I need to read up on the rules a little bit more

I've only reached Chaos in Quantum City a couple of times. I don't even know how I got there. I'm guessing that you need 1,500,000 in points,for it to start?

#5436 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

You just need to start 6 disaster modes. After the 6th, the phone scoop will be lit for CiQC.

Thank you.

#5457 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Which brings us around to, Why not? I am always amazed at how different copies of the same machine play. My WOZ doesn't play like any other WOZ I have played. My DI is the same. Must be that there are so many variables that contribute to game play. From the angle of the flipper to the age of the rubbers to the line voltage, was it made on a Friday or a Monday and on and on.

+1

#5463 5 years ago
Quoted from PinFan4Life:

I got a reply the very next day after putting in a service ticket for my DI manual. One day after that, I received another email saying it was being shipped. JJP customer service is the best!

Same here,but mine was lost in the mail,and now I have to wait until everyone who bought a game gets theirs,before JJP will ship me a second manual. Somebody out there has my manual,that doesn't need one ! I was thinking of calling the Post Office to see if it was given back to the Mail Man,but that's a long shot. Man,I hate the U.S postal system !

1 week later
#5557 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You can try turning the connector 180 degrees and plug back on. Be sure it is plugged into the board in the backbox too.

Is the connector that your saying to rotate,180 degrees,the connector right above the "Volume control

Quoted from LTG:

You can try turning the connector 180 degrees and plug back on. Be sure it is plugged into the board in the backbox too.

Is the headphone jack that has to be rotated 180 Deg. directly above the "Volume control Switch"? I'd just like to make sure,before I make this adjustment. It wouldn't hurt my feeling if you point to it with an arrow,

#5559 5 years ago

Quoted from LTG:Yes.
Page D-109 in the manual, J101 is the only one of the two that you can turn around.

Thank you. Now my headphones are working like they should.

#5610 5 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

Do you have to request it from JJP?

Go to JJP and open up a support form.Then click on DI Manual from the case type options.
Screenshot (10) (resized).pngScreenshot (10) (resized).png

#5670 5 years ago

I hope the new code, makes the Sim card scoop a little bigger.

#5722 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Switch it to Sims staying lit after drain. I resisted for almost a year, but I finally caved. I now have deep games and enjoy the machine much more. The shot is so difficult that it should have been this way stock. It truly makes the game waaaaaay better. For the record, I jack all my machines up to steep angles and typically set rules to as difficult as possible. The only game I've left stock is The Shadow, and the only game I've nerfed is DI. I've made Armageddon only once on the old code, and I still have only spelled D-I-A-L-E-D with sim memory on, so it doesn't make the game easy. Give it a try. You won't regret it.

Good point about getting deeper into the game.At my skill level,I don't get very deep. I did try a couple of games using the carry over a couple of months ago,but then, I want back to the default setting. I couldn't live with the guilt.
I'm gonna give the carry over feature a try for one week,just to see what a good player gets to see,and then I'll go back to the default setting.

#5763 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I have collected all of the SIM cards and completed the game 4 times this month on stock settings. It is defiantly consistently doable .
Make sure your upper flippers power is not set to high so you get rejects from good shots I have mine set on 14.
The way I get the SIM cards is hit the theater shot with the right flipper which gives the ball some good speed then aim for the upper ramp shot right above the tip of the flipper and with the speed of the ball helping it goes right into the Sim Hole.
[quoted image]

That's some good shootin.

#5798 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Where can I pick up a noise filter?

JJP sent me one,and it works great! You can fill out a support form ,or just call them.

#5804 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Will this eliminate the pop on my Polk sub when I power the game on/off?

No and I wish it did,because my Jack Russell jumps out of her skin,everytime she hears it pop.I'm very happy with how it totally eliminated the static,which was driving me crazy.
A couple of weeks ago,the static came back,and I was like WTH! Here the connection came loose,and once I replugged it in,the static was gone.I don't know if the shaker motor cause it to shake loose,but I did change the shaker motor setting to low,just incase.

#5805 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

JJP sent me one,and it works great! You can fill out a support form ,or just call them.

These are the direction JJP sent me for installing the ground loop isolator.

Installing a noise filter (ground loop isolator) in Dialed In! requires removing the backglass and then unlatching the monitor on both sides and pulling it forward and swinging it out to one side or the other so that you can get to the board case in the top half of the backbox. There is an LED strip affixed to the front metal cover of the box that holds, among other things, the motherboard and soundboard. There is one 2-pin connector to the left side of the box for this LED strip and it is a good idea to unplug this so that you can more easily unscrew and remove the cover and place it off to the side of the machine temporarily. The sound board is the smaller rectangular board directly in the center of the case. There is a pink female jack on the top right corner with a male mic-style cable plugged into it (I will attach a picture to this email). That pink jack is the input for the sound board and the male cable is the sound output from the motherboard. All you have to do is unplug the cable going into the pink jack and plug it into the female jack on the isolator body, then plug the male cable coming from the isolator body into the pink jack. That allows the filter to try to remove any excess static or surface noise from the audio before it reaches the amplifier on the sound board. It's that simple, and the only thing remaining is to find a place to either tie-wrap or double stick tape up the isolator body so that it doesn't interfere with anything like fans, etc. The isolator body is light so weight isn't really an issue but it's best if it isn't left hanging freely. Find a spot to secure it and that's it. See attached picture of the pink sound board jack.

install (resized).pnginstall (resized).png
#5841 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Often times my Dialed In doesn’t register shots in the right orbit. Usually it happens when I hit a hard fast shot.
I checked the switch and opto on the orbit and they seem fine.
I have my flipper power set to max. Which makes a perfect orbit hit sling around fast.
Anyway to address this to prevent the game from missing the shot?

I've had this happen to me,more than once.

#5852 5 years ago

Does the picture of my phone look like it's defective? I replaced it about a month ago,and it's been working great . While playing tonight,the screen started to act up.
I shut the game off,and when I restarted it,the phone was okay.This is the third phone that's been installed on my Dialed In.

IMG_20181029_204210655 (resized).jpgIMG_20181029_204210655 (resized).jpg
#5873 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I have trouble with my phone but more trouble with the theater screen. It seems to go on and off all the time. That made me think a loose cable but I have reseated everything multiple times and my local tech looked it over and said it looked good as well. Wondering if I need a new video card and cables

My theater goes off all the time,I thought that was normal. So it's supposed to show a video ,at all times?
I did replace the video card, and I'm still having issues with my phone.

#5876 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

The theatre goes off by design. It only plays animations at certain times.

Thank you.I think I'm going to just call JJP,and see if I can get this phone issue resolved.
Something I saw for the first time yesterday. I was still in a mode,and Mike Banter/? announced, things we're back to nearly normal,but I still had a lot of time left in the mode.

#5905 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Personally I like the toys that function, anyone can bolt happy meal toys in a machine. I get that its a little frustrating that they tend to burn out but I am confident that JJP will come up with a simple fix(inline resistor) that will make them reliable. So just turn them off til then

Mine don't work,so I can save a step, and not turn them off.

#5939 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

. Trap left, bump asshole to get him out of the way. Trap right. Nail big bang with one second left in the mode. Return off big bang shot, SDTFM.

That's funny! One night my wife thought I was losing my mind,when I said I'd like to ring the QED guy's little neck.

#5953 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

I find the QED guy saves more SDTMs than anything. He only seems to get in the way of the pops, the left ramp still gets them, other shots can get past him. Even the hurricane mode, the magnets can pull the ball around him when going for the theatre quite often. Just aim for the Big Bang. New code should make his save ability even better.

I agree,but one night I was on my last ball, having a good game,and I hit him by accident. SDTM. Sometimes I'm a little hard on the little guy.

#5997 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Really like the new code update. Scoring is much better balanced, multi ball scoring is now worth it, now collects SIM cards during Chaos in Quantum City multiball, new and complete animations and speech as well. Made Armageddon and Showdown this morning and got a new G.C. Great job JJP! Only changes to stock settings is SIM card hold when balls drain. May have to turn that off now.
[quoted image]

Great score,I don't think I could score that high,even if I had the glass off.

#6000 5 years ago

I found this on JJP site,hope it helps.

Then hit the Enter Button one more time to start the update. Your screen may go BLACK while the update is being executed and the update should take less than a minute to complete. DO NOT TURN OFF THE GAME WHILE THE UPDATE IS UNDERWAY!

Once the game restarts, validate the version by re-entering the Diagnostics screen and checking the bottom right corner. It should match the version you downloaded.

#6055 5 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

anyone ever have a loud buzzing coming from the speakers upon booting up and it continues? Figure its something to do with the audio jacks or something, but just thought I would ask if anyone knew right off hand. Its not the small popping noise that happens on hobbit, but a lot louder and constant.

This might help your problem,it worked great for me. http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/Wizard-of-Oz-Parts/Ground-Loop-Isolator.html
I still get a loud pop,when I boot the game up,but I don't think this device is meant to solve that problem.
HTH

#6065 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I was visiting this thread and saw the announcement of the code update. I just wanted to post this here because it wasn't clear to me at first until I checked the Google group:
The software is in "beta" test mode, which they are letting you download, but you may want to wait for the final.
As a policy for myself, I don't mess with beta software (on my computer or my pinballs). It's beta for a reason, you may encounter bugs and sometimes those bugs can be significant.
So I'll be waiting for the final. Just sharing this so some people might feel ok about waiting it out.

Is the final coming out this coming Monday,or are they waiting to see if there's any bugs in the beta download?

1 month later
#6692 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

One LED is not lit at all on my machine - 21G (under the right slingshot). Tried to reseat the connector, doesn't help. But as all other GI lamps from J112 are lit I think the LED is defect?
Can the lockbar receiver be adjusted in some way (up, down, left, right)? My playfield is a little bit too much to the left, so there is a gap on the right side and no gap on the left side (would be hard to install mirror blades or something).

I'll be keeping an eye on this question,because my game has the same issue.

#6724 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I'm stubborn and haven't gotten a new phone yet.
The current phone turns on but always has a redish hue to it. Then it shuts off after a while and flickers back on with full color.
I keep checking the connections but nothing is wrong. Sometimes the phone will shut off entirely and won't turn back on when I reboot it. When I do, it'll turn back on with full color.
No idea what's causing the issue, no idea why the phone works fully after it turns itself off and then back on.
Just making a note here in case anybody else is having a similar experience.

Time for a new phone. They're pretty easy to replace.

1 week later
#6846 5 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

What would the issue be if the phone keeps going blank/black during gameplay? If I power down and start back it it starts working again but it's getting annoying

I don't think anyone knows the answer,and if they do, they're doing a good job of keeping a lid on it.

#6861 5 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I'm curious if you switch the VGA cables between the Quantum Theater and the Phone if the problem with video follows. I recently had an issue where the display on my phone showed lines through the screen, and the machine would eventually lock up and reboot. I tried switching the cables on the two displays and the problem followed, which led me to believe the problem was the video card and not the display.

I replaced the video card,and the phone still blacked out on me. I guess it's possible that the replacement video card was bad.

#6927 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Is there a fix for the ball dropping into the cabinet when making the BOB shot into the trap door? It happens about 50% of the time on the machine we have at leagues. Maybe something is missing because there is a huge space in there for the ball to fall through.

Check out post # 5225

#6968 5 years ago

I think the old school technique(phone call) works best with JJP. Once you talk to Frank or Steve,your parts will ship shortly. Sometimes leaving a message does pay off . I was having problems with my Bob's trap door/ramp,and Lloyd called me back,after hours to help me out.

#7000 5 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

My phone screen goes blank occasionally mid game. Led's around the screen work still, but screen never recovers. If I reboot all is fine and sometimes I can play for hours with no re-occurrence. Anyone encountered this and how did you fix it?

I've been dealing with this problem ever since I bought my game . I purchased my game in June 2018,and so far, every phone I've replaced,has this issue. I'm now on my forth phone, and it just started to black out,like the others.
I don't understand why they haven't been able to figure out what the problem is

#7018 5 years ago

I don't know if it's possible,but I'd like to see the phone information displayed on the main monitor(split screen),when ever the phone blacks out.Now that would be a useful update in my book!

#7023 5 years ago

I'm okay with having to reboot my game every once in awhile,but my last phone want black,and never worked again.Now my forth phone is starting to blackout,but it comes back on with a reboot.I'm afraid if I don't replace it,I'll be stuck once my warranty expires.
I'll wait and see if I get the black screen of death again,before I replace this phone.The phone is a part of DI,that I'm really starting to hate.

#7037 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

No I don’t work for Jack, lol. But he is a friend of mine.
There you have it...

Nice,can you do me a favor and ask Jack what's the problem with the phones?
Thanks in advance

#7054 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Definitely not true. Try 15 cables and you'll see for yourself. The issue is that either the graphics card stops sending the signal or the phone stops receiving it, hardware-wise. They have ruled out the graphics card as far as I know. They replaced and repaired my phone. It has improved it immensely as I was getting blackouts every game. Now it's not very common, but still exists. I also used to get color casts (yellow) like crazy. I still see this on occasion too.

You're correct,I replaced my graphics card,but the phone still blacks out.

#7056 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:Would be interesting if lately built machines are also having this mobile video problems. Is the somebody here having these troubles with a machine built mid to end 2018?

Mine was built in April 2018.

#7057 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBuck:

I'm not sure it matters. Many people have replaced their phones recently and they're still having issues. I guess it matters if it's something other than the phone causing the issue. I thought others had used separate monitors to display the phone output without any issues while their phone were failing so it would point to the phone. I just can believe that a cable would be the problem. Maybe on a small number, but cables aren't exactly high tech equipment. My phone was replaced and it happens much less frequently, but it still can happen.

I'm hoping that somebody at JJP can figure out the problem,before my warranty expires this coming June.A friend of mine has a DI,and his phone never blacked out?

#7079 5 years ago

JJP sent me a new phone. All the issues went away for 20 games. Then on game 21, it turned to a tinted yellow, very hard to see/read things on it. Then during gameplay, it went blank again. I turned it off and on, phone turned back to normal. I'm disappointed that the replacement didn't even last 2 days before problems resurfaced.

This is interesting.
I've also noticed that when I play, sometimes the ball hits the phone or the structure holding it and jostles it pretty good. Not sure if this is affecting the phone at all, but I figured I'd make a note of it.
Anyway, I'm a little concerned that I may not get this fixed before the warranty runs out. Game was born April 2018 btw, and none of these problems existed until after I updated to 1.57. Not sure that's a coincidence or not, but I want to get all information out there.

You just described the last phone I replaced.My machine was built April 2018 too. I was told by a JJP tech,that's it's a heat issue that's causing the phones to blackout. Maybe they should have aimed the drones propellers at the phone,so that it would cool down the phone? In my case that still wouldn't help me,since my drones are dead.

#7081 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Interesting diagnosis. My phone will blank early and then never again for an entire evening...

There has to be someone in the industry,who can figure out what the problem is.

#7093 5 years ago
Quoted from DinoBob:

Loose connection to the IO board. No clue what caused it come loose, but the fix was nice an easy. Thanks again LTG!

I wouldn't be surprised if it was caused by the shaker motor. I turned mine down, after I kept finding losse screws in the bottom of my cabinet.

#7095 5 years ago

Here's what my forth phone is doing now. It never fails,as soon as I start enjoying my game again,the phone breaks down,or Bobs trap door/hinge breaks on me.

IMG_20190129_192435933 (resized).jpgIMG_20190129_192435933 (resized).jpgIMG_20190129_192826250_BURST000_COVER_TOP (resized).jpgIMG_20190129_192826250_BURST000_COVER_TOP (resized).jpg

#7100 5 years ago
Quoted from DonnieDarko:

The trapdoor is a tricky piece of technology to get right. It took me about 5 goes to get it right, but I can advise you can fix it. I had multiple issues with mine.
1. I could get the mechanism to "pop" and "drop" perfectly while testing but it would keep reporting as failed during game. Turned out that the switch wire underneath wasn't quite bent right, so the state of the trapdoor couldn't be read by the switch.
2. I also had a lubrication issue which made the door mechanism very stiff, but some silicon grease which I use on my TZ clock fixed that.
3. The third thing that went wrong was the centering of the solenoid on the release mechanism wasn't sharp. The baseplate was crooked with respect to the plate, meaning the latch didn't hold onto the blue arm when extended and therefore didn't release properly. This was just a simple phillps head screw loosen and tighten
4. The final problem was that the latch plate on the door release solenoid was loose. There are two mini phillips screws on the release plate that hold it to the plate. If yours was loose like mine was, it causes the door release flap to slop around, meaning it doesn't release properly. You can feel it being wonky if you have this problem. You have to take off the release solenoid to access the screws.
I've fixed all of the above and it now works and has worked for well over 100 games without a hiccup. Hopefully this can help you or someone else.

I agree the trap door works great after a bunch of tweaking. The real problem is that the spring steel on the ramp is always breaking.I think I'm going on my fourth trap door replacement,because the spring steel keeps snapping on me.

#7101 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Have you tried moving the cable over to the theater to see if it's a cord issue? And vice versa, moving the theater over to the phone? Maybe play a few games with the phone and theater swapped around to see if it follows the cable or if it stays with the monitor.

Thanks for the suggestion,I'll give it a shot.

#7103 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

That's bc something is not adjusted right and its hitting the ramp above it and snapping the flap.

That's exactly what's happening. Any suggestions on how I should adjust the device,to stop it from hitting the ramp?
Thanks in advance
Ralph

#7105 5 years ago

Thank you,I'll have to take a look. I think I know which post your talking about.It involves, bending the bracket,which controls how high the door opens,when activated.
Thanks again for the help.

3 weeks later
#7321 5 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

Anyone want to send me their broken phone it might work better than mine
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks exactly like the phones,JJP has been sending me since I owned the game. I'm still waiting for my fifth replacement phone to be shipped to me!

#7331 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I think it becomes clearer that there is some kind of connection problem. Maybe not the connector itself but something on the phone pcb?

I was told by a JJP technician, that it's a heat related issue.

#7334 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I finally got fed up tonight and put in another ticket for my ongoing blanking. 3rd phone for me...

Does your phone work after you reboot the game? My last phone died on me, and it never came back to life. The one I have now is okay,unless I plan on playing for over an hour,then it blacks out,and the game needs a reboot.

#7343 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBuck:

Seems strange that a reboot would correct a heat problem. Did they say phone heat or video card heat?

Phone heat.

#7357 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Anyone have a pic of a sound loop isolater installed on a DI ? I am not sure where the sound card is in the back box

I think I posted a picture and the instructions, awhile back in this thread. It really made a big improvement over the static noise my game was making.
Hth

#7358 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Anyone have a pic of a sound loop isolater installed on a DI ? I am not sure where the sound card is in the back box

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/117#post-4657919

Check out post #5805

#7364 5 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I just bought my Dialed In NIB a couple weeks ago. Buying a couple mods and I want the Quantum Electric topper made by Mezel Mods. Unfortunately, they are out of stock and don't have plans to make anymore. Kristin from Mezel Mods said if I could get 10 commitments, she would consider remaking them. Anyone have interest in buying this topper? Now might be the your only chance.
Thanks
Gerry
PS - Or if someone has one for sale, that will work as well.

I don't think you'll have a problem getting ten people to commit,it's really a nice looking topper!I bought mine,when it first came out. I'm also curious to how many were sold?

3 weeks later
#7460 5 years ago

Just replaced my phone two days ago,and it's been working great! Hopefully,this one's a winner.

2 weeks later
#7537 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Not sure if anyone has ever noticed this as you may not have had as bad of a ball as I did. I don't think I even hit one shot before I drained. I got 800 points and on the screen noticed it said the points were a "participation award" lol. That was pretty good.

I don't wanna steal your thunder,but I had a ball last week that only scored 20 points.

#7548 5 years ago

Looks like my lastest phone replacement is a winner. It hasn't blacked out once since I installed it.

#7552 5 years ago

I vote fluke.

1 month later
#7846 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I have a big need/want for the phone app to work correctly. My best friend has one paralyzed arm, but loves to play pinball. This was one of the main reason I bought a DI. It worked 1 time, and now just get spinning wheels trying to connect. My friend uses his knee for the left flipper. Does pretty good with it, but the app for this game would be better for him. I also wish that JJP would spend some time to fix it or help us.

You're a good friend!

2 weeks later
#7928 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

*spoiler if you haven't made it to Showdown yet, proceed with caution*
Is there an "ending" to Showdown? Once the mystery boss's energy level is fully depleted, it just ends. The city goes back to normal and you continue your MB until you are down to one ball.
Am I doing something wrong?

The only way I'll ever see Showdown, is by watching it on a Youtube video.

3 weeks later
#8136 4 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

Nope. You get to see more of the game as in wizard modes, callouts, light shows with less shots. Score will of course be larger but that isn't the goal for many. I for example sent it easy (easier big bang, sim carryover, etc.) and five balls a couple weeks ago. The kids and the wife are not as "hardcore" as I am but now they get to see more of the game. They are also pushing my high scores off the game that I busted my ass off trying to get with default setting. Am I mad?...nope. The reason I bought the game is for family entertainment and it's performing it's mission as designed.

I'm gonna give five balls a shot tomorrow, sounds like fun to me

#8146 4 years ago

I got beat up on the golf course yesterday. I told this very large man,that he was making golf too easy, because he wasn't playing the Championship tees.The last thing I remember hearing him say was, I also improve my lie,you have a problem with that?

#8151 4 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

then you were a victim of battery and should report it to the police. Were you also cutting the hole larger to make putting easier?

No need to cut the hole any bigger. If my first putt gets within three feet of the hole,it counts as being made. If I'm not within three feet, the next putt is considered a gimme.

#8156 4 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Look who's being a bully, telling me you're somehow better than me because you like to tell people what you own, as if a list on here makes it real. Stop being a bully. Supposedly its not allowed here, but since you were willing to pay them to verify its OK. Not my style. Here I'll put a list of games I own, will that make you happy? Look I even put in a location. Now will you stop bullying me. I just can't take it anymore and the mods don't seem to care that you are making me suicidal with all this torment.

Don't let it get to you ,take a break from the forum for a little while. It's not worth getting yourself so worked up to the point where it's causing you so much distress.

#8167 4 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

I got a NIB LE DI and the camera does not work. Called JJP and sent new camera out, but still does not work. Test shows camera not initialized. Headphone jack does not work either. Sent that part also, but still does not work. Anyone have either of these issues? Thanks.

I had to reverse the connectors on my phone jack to get my head phones to work, when I first got my machine.

#8170 4 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

What do you mean by reverse! The plugs go in only one way, no!

Check out post 5557. Im sorry I should have said rotate the connector 180 degrees,not switch them around. I should never trust my memory.

#8209 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Does anyone have a picture of the line filter for the sound and how it is installed? It's 1/8 stereo jack ground loop isolator according to the JJP site.
Rob

Check out post 5805 for a picture and directions.

#8220 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Drop an 8/32nds locknut in there will do it.

I'm going to give this a shot. I want through four trap doors in one year. I got so tired of replacing them ,that I just shut the trap door mechanism off.

#8222 4 years ago

It'll work, do it. I did.
I didn't think I was missing much without a trap door, but really it changes the game. So much more fun.

Thanks,I'll pick up a 8/32 lock nut at Home Depot tomorrow. It's been so long since I've fooled with the trap door,do I need to take anything apart to drop the lock nut and into the sleeve. I'm sure I'll know the answer when I lift the play field,but I was just wondering.

#8227 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Of course. That coil isn't hanging there in thin air.

Thanks for the kind reply to a dumb question.

#8259 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Anyone else ever get the "participation award"? I had a ball where I hit nothing, no ball save and saw on screen that I was awarded 800 points as a participation award lol! Nice touch.

My game is rigged,I only get 500 points for my participation award.

#8290 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Two pictures. Hope you can figure out the drop a nut in and where it should land.
LTG : )[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from LTG:

Two pictures. Hope you can figure out the drop a nut in and where it should land.
LTG : )[quoted image][quoted image]

The height of the 8/32 locknut I bought from Home Depot, was to much to work properly. I ended up grinding down a regular nut to a light 1/8 inch in height.Now the plunger is working perfectly,and the ramp no longer hits the wireform ramp above. I've played over 20 games,and so far the trap door is working like a champ.
Thanks again!

1 week later
#8565 4 years ago

Quick question,Is there any good reason I shouldn't store my DI manual, inside of my game cabinet? I'm going to keep it in the box it came in,so it doesn't get metal particles all over it. The thing is like an encyclopedia, and it takes up a lot of space. I'm getting ready to sell my house,and the more clutter I can eliminate the better.

#8617 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I found that I only had this happen when I was trying to make a funny picture. Anyone ever get a picture to come out of you flipping the bird? I have tried and tried, no dice.

I had one come out the other day ,when I wasn't too happy with my last game.

#8674 4 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

Thinking of joining this club to round out my collection but have couple questions for the owners? can someone tell me what the difference is between standard and LE version? Is it worth it to get the LE over standard? For the LE owners, if you can do it again, would you still buy the LE or buy the standard?

This might help, https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/games/ Just click on Dialed In,and you can see what each model has over the next one.

#8683 4 years ago
Quoted from Bodacious:

Hi all. When i shoot the ball into the Crazy Bob scoop about every 10th shot the ball dislodges and ends up on the floor of the pinball. Any easy fix for this? Thanks!

Very easy fix, I made a post showing how I fixed this problem on my game. Once I find the post I made , I'll repost it for you. It takes two seconds to fix!

#8691 4 years ago
Quoted from Bodacious:

That would be great. Thank you

Go to post #5225,Since I've done this fix,I haven't had one ball drop inside the cabinet.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/105

#8752 4 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

Yes, although it doesn't help much I find it frustrating without

I would have sold my game long ago if it didn't allow sim card carry over.

#8780 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Can someone please share the height (clearance) of Dialed In with the head down? I'm trying to determine if it'll fit in my SUV.
Thank you in advance!

My buddy fit mine while it was in the box,in his Toyota Highlander if that helps any.

1 week later
#8877 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Oh! I didn't catch that. Makes sense. Hope it's fixed for those experiencing it.
I'll likely upgrade from 1.57 to 1.71 and try it out... Nothing to lose as you can go back, except my time.
My LE has the Celeron G1840.

I think you still have to load 1.60/1.61 before you update to 1.71,but I could be wrong?

1 week later
#8985 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

With the latest software update, when should I expect the drone motors to turn on? I don’t think I’ve seen them since updating. All 3 motors (still!) work in test mode.

They'll last longer now that they don't turn on.

#8988 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

At the current rate, they'll "last" forever. Are they disabled entirely during gameplay with the latest firmware update?

I don't have the latest update,but with all of the problems people have had with them, eliminating the time's they come on,seems cheaper than shipping out new ones.

#8989 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Any cool must have mods for DI?

I can't say it's necessary but I really like this topper.
https://mezelmods.com/products/dialed-in-pinball-quantum-electric-company-topper

#9009 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Is anyone else still having an issue where, on a hot LEFT orbit, your ball fires through the open trap door and blasts out of the mechanism and down into the cabinet? It happens to me every once in a while (maybe every 30 games). But it's kind of a big deal breaker when you are in the middle of a game (or if you are playing a routed game, I imagine).
I don't really see any adjustment on the mechanism that can fix this.
So - I've developing a clip that just snaps in place and, so far, I haven't had a single ball fly into the cabinet. It's printed with impact resistant ABS plastic so I'm going to be testing it for awhile to see how it holds up.
Just curious, though, if others are having the same issue of balls dropping into the cabinet and if you figured out any other adjustment to prevent this.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Check out post #5225
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/105

#9011 4 years ago

Thanks ralphs007
I ran across that series, too, after some research. I've got my trap door finally tuned in (after much agony about a year ago) - I don't want to throw that thing out of wack again bending the coil bracket. Not sure that even fixes the problem - it's unclear in that thread. Looks like there was some electrical tape, velcro and cardboard involved, too
Hopefully this simple bracket trick holds up. If all goes well, I'll upload this to Thingiverse so anyone can print it out if they need to.

This tweak takes two seconds to do,and I haven't had a ball drop into the cabinet once,since I did this fix,over a year ago.
I'm sure there's many ways to fix this problem, but my fix is fast and requires no materials.
Good luck with your approach,it looks like a good idea.

#9017 4 years ago

I see what you did now - the tab is bent outwards, right? Huh, and no balls through since? Good call - the bend was subtle and I didn't catch it on the first read through

Yes . I placed a slotted screw driver between the tab an the bracket,and then gave it a little turn. It didn't need much. Once a ball can't fit through the hole, you're golden.

#9018 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

I’ve read that a couple times and had a hard time seeing it too!
Why does bending it outwards help?

If you try pushing a ball through the square hole, it'll go through it pretty easy. Once you bend the tab outward,it'll no longer fit through the square hole. It doesn't need much,to stop the ball from fitting through the hole.

1 month later
#9418 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

First million reached
First Bob trap broken..
Any advice [quoted image]

Yes,call JJP and they'll send you a replacement trapdoor.There's
a post somewhere in this thread on how to fix this problem. I'll try and find it when I get a chance,and then I'll post it for you.It's a very easy fix and I haven't broke a trapdoor in a long time.
I broke four in less than a year, before I did the recommended fix.

1 week later
#9449 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr-Worf:

for weeks no answer from JJP (Steve) on my mails. Have since 18 june a broken ramp, a replacement I got promised. Does anyone know what's going on ?

I don't know what's going on,but once you get your new ramp,make sure you stop the ramp from hitting the wire form above it, when the trap door opens.If not,you'll be needing another ramp in a month or so. Lloyd had a quick and easy fix listed somewhere in this thread.

1 month later
#9626 4 years ago

I had to replace five phones before I got one that worked!

1 week later
#9677 4 years ago
Quoted from Bschafer:

Hoping for some help. I have left multiple messages with Jersey jack and not heard back. My dialed in was shutting off during play, usually after about 10 minutes. I would have to wait about half hour before before it would power up again. This went on for about 2 months without hearing back from them. A few days ago it shut down and now won’t power on at all. I know it’s not any power issue at my house. It is a LE with less than a hundred plays that I bought new less than a year ago. Any ideas while I wait to hear from JJP?

Try sending Steve or Frank an email. They were both great in helping me with a bunch of problems! [email protected],[email protected]
I also have Steves phone number,(732) 364-9900 ext. 1217 . I don't know what I would have done without the help of Frank and Steve.

#9678 4 years ago
Quoted from drained:

So I just replaced my bob's trapdoor, the flap broke off awhile back.. Is there anytips or adjustments to make this not break off again?
Looks like the stress comes from the trap door opening and the tip of the flap hitting the wireform above when the coil makes it full stroke before resting on the latch.
I could be wrong.. anytips?

That's exactly what's causing them to break! I want through a bunch of ramps,until I did this fix. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/135#post-4757873
I had to grind down the nuts height a little,because a whole nut was too much.

#9682 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Frank is no longer with JJP.

I wish him all the best wherever he's working now! He was always very helpful and a nice person on top of that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 22.50
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphs007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=ralphs007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.