IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4153 5 years ago

I’m soon to get a DI LE, sold my LotR and had some money burning a hole in my pocket.

All my years only had one Pat Lawler pin (TZ). Sounds as if most people are happy with the layout.

I got Woz last year am blown away by that game especially code and lighting. (Build quality too).

Does it seem like DI code is solid or will you anticipate more updates?

Sad note have put my TNA on hold until next year.

#4155 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Di code is my favorite and i enjoy it much more than my rrwoz. The lightshow in dile is excellent and also my one my favorites along with woz. Di shoots much better than woz tho and has much more flow, speed and tons of magnet action and lots of weird ball movements that keep u on your toes. Code is excellent and plenty deep and has more updates on the way but its excellent as it sits at the moment. Glad u got that great deal and if u end up not liking it bc of the theme than u sld have no issue getting your money back.

My gosh several people I’ve talked to said ‘it’s better than Woz’ that’ll take some doing to pass Woz in my book. I’ll be very happy if it’s close to Woz.

#4169 5 years ago

Just picked up my DI LE what a great pin.

Having fun discovering the many things to shoot for.

Pin looks brand new, only a few months old woot. born on 3/6/18.
6338E3D1-97B4-4C3F-8884-5ECBB064B57E (resized).jpeg6338E3D1-97B4-4C3F-8884-5ECBB064B57E (resized).jpeg

#4174 5 years ago

what is the latest code version for DI??

#4177 5 years ago
#4189 5 years ago

I have an issue with the headphone jack, sound only comes through the left side.

#4241 5 years ago

seems like the sound of the characters (phone mode) are too soft compared to the rest of the soind/music (I have everything on default).

#4290 5 years ago

I'm still learning this pin maybe have 30 games since it's been in my collection.

I wanted to say what are some of the things I really love about it.

1) the modes are not super hard (although not easy) so I have been able to complete and collect a few SIM cards.
2) the magnets (EMP mode) that's crazy
3) the subways remind me of TZ (with Sim/Camera and the Phone/Slot machine) shot.
4) the pop bumpers (like that the ball can enter from three different ways and really like the animation on the display during the pops
5) ** LOVE ** the theatre magnet + display where the ball behaves differently depending on what is being collected (this is the greatest feature for me)
6) Selfie camera (didn't think I would like this but it's really neat)
7) the lighting is fantastic
8 ) weak flipper mode
9) Invisible glass
10) build quality and attention to detail
--

I am extremely happy with DI LE, it is better than I had expected, I played DI on location and was not blown away but from the great reviews I was sure it would grow on me in a home setting.

I love DI but so far I still think Woz has the edge might be due to the theme as well as the overall looks to me has a slight edge (Woz is one of my favorite movies) and I think I have a soft spot in my heart for wide pins (having owned TZ, IJ and STTNG) I really am glad JJP was able to bring back the super-pin concept.

#4305 5 years ago

That’s 50x my high score.

#4309 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Yeah no kidding.... I think 1.6 million is the grand champ on ours currently.

I think I'll be able to do a lot better, right now I'm learning the rules. But I have a hard time with the side ramp, not sure if it's my timing or if I need to increase the flipper power or both.

#4322 5 years ago

Are you guys moving the Bob sign so you can see it? Where is the link to how to?

#4331 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It's not hard to do. Unplug the three connectors on the sign, remove the plastic, drill out the two top rivets, drill two new holes, mount sign with small screws. Zoom in on my pic to see what I did.

I hate to drill holes, wish JJP had caught that during design.

#4338 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Congrats! I actually took a little break from mine to play the new games I picked up (LOTR and TWD) and decided to get back to DI today... What a blast to play!
I'm on a mission to get to Showdown!

You’v got quite a great little collection right there.

#4342 5 years ago

Looks more like a phablet

#4344 5 years ago

I can make the SIM card shot all the time when it’s not lit but will soon drain whatever it’s lit.

#4346 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

At least you get it lit.

Crap and then I’ll hit the Big Bang target when nothing is running.

#4350 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

This ball trap has happened to me a number of times now. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, is there an easy fix?

Not there but just above that on the wire ramp just above the middle rightmost drone above shooter lane (didn’t take a picture) but impossible to shake free.

#4356 5 years ago

Heck when this game was announced I was like meh, played it on location it was ok. Now that I have it home it’s one of the best imo.

#4361 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I tried to tell u and many others.... glad u gave it a chance.

I know, I suppose the whole not licensed theme was a bit of a drag. But while I still miss my LotR (feel like it is a special pin, but I didn't want to play it as much as my others) so trading/upgrading to DI is not so bad. I probably played more DI in one week than I played LotR in 6 months.

#4373 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Agreed. CIQC is a cool looking mode, but after you've been to it a load of times, you almost dread it. There is nothing but points to collect, and I find it breaks my focus on the actual task of getting to Armageddon and Showdown. If they don't make it a mode with completion in the net update, hopefully they'll at least make the SIM cards attainable.

I hope they add a goal (end) to the mode would make it more satisfying (not that I've been to it yet, but just in theory).

#4429 5 years ago

so does the theatre drop the ball STM much?

#4497 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Am I right in my assumption that overcharging the phone increases the point value of the mode shots?

Yep it seems like each extra hit will raise the battery by 10% and the points will be raised accordingly. So if your phone battery is 150% the points should be 1.5x the normal value.

But when you drain (before starting a mode) it will reset to 100% although I'm not sure if there is a setting to keep that value.

#4528 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Ok, I was a little slow to realize this, but I just caught on to all the modern physics puns. I’m kind of geeking out about it. Quantum Mechanic. Schroedingers cash. The creators are defintiely having a bit of physics fun.

this pin is awesome all the way around.

I was saying on another thread that DI is kind of funny like that old movie 'Dr Strangelove' (one of the best comedies ever imo).

This pin (like that movie was not meant to be taken seriously, you are not worried about people getting killed in disasters it's light hearted fun not dead serious).

From Dr Strangelove we have characters like: General Jack D. Ripper.

And quotes like "You can't fight in here, this is the war room!" and "Well boys, I reckon this is it: nuclear combat, toe to toe with the Russkies."

The doomsday machine.

#4552 5 years ago

Yep the attention to detail is phenomenal. I love the screen animations when the ball is in the pops.

I have a basic question, they have these numbers on the building Bonuses 2x 4x and so on. How is the bonus built up? Is this from the Bob award, or pop bumpers or something else?

60-000009-00_DI_translite_colorcorrect (resized).jpg60-000009-00_DI_translite_colorcorrect (resized).jpg

#4573 5 years ago

I didn’t get the comic book for DI LE, I’m the second owner but original owner only had it 1 month didn’t get comic either.

Are the comic books available anywhere?

#4618 5 years ago

One thing I’d prefer would be another Bob mode while I do like the three emoji, lottery and selfie modes it would be nice to have a bit more variety. Notice I’m a fairly low level player so I’m getting most of the early stuff a lot and not much past the initial Bob modes.

#4620 5 years ago

I am curious what happened? I was in emoji overload mode and went into the pops and somehow the mode ended. It had just started so didn't time out. Not sure why/what happened?

1 week later
#4667 5 years ago

Can somone tell me what the theater magnet is supposed to do when it grabs the ball for drone delivery? Is it supposed to throw the ball up to top lane?

#4671 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Is there a way to get more then 5 balls per play? Thats the max it would go in my settings
Mo

You could set the replay to fixed and the reward as extra ball, and set it to multiple rewards with low achievable scores.

(I assume you can for DI haven't looked) also you could set a generous ball save timer.

#4672 5 years ago

I asked this before, have been in emoji mode and in the pop area (may have hit the standup) and the mode stops. Is that normal?

#4674 5 years ago
Quoted from MrDucks:

You probably completed the mode with all of the switch hits in the pops.

How many hits would finish the mode? I was not aware this was a switch limit mode, I thought it was time mode (I can not find the rules in fact).

#4685 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

That's the exact same spot where mine is starting, and I have only 122 games on my machine.

I wish I’d gotten RadCals but will be getting the Mylar covers ASAP.

2 weeks later
#4784 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I recommend buying used if you do, because the game has not held its value over the year or so it's been in production.

I did buy used, but just about any used pin should be cheaper than a nib (warranty etc.) the used has to be cheaper for it to sell.

This is not like TNA which is not easily bought new because of slow production so TNA used may seem to keep value more.

Had some relatives kids over and they had access to all my pins and they all liked DI the best.

#4785 5 years ago

As for deepness that's interesting for me to talk about, the top100 list shows both deep and shallow pins at the top.

AFM (shallow) is top pin.

I felt like XMLE was quite deep but not as satisfying as shallow like Tron or IM.

I have *deep* pins TWD, Woz, Tspp and sold LotR money for DI, I loved LotR, but I love DI more. I love deep pins and less deep pins. I don't think DI is especially deep and not especially shallow but to me seems above average deepness, has a lot to do.

I have SM and feel DI is deeper.

Only thing I'd like some different (extra) Bob modes.

#4791 5 years ago

I love DI but wouldn’t mind seeing some score tweets to make it more interesting to play the various side quests.

#4815 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

This is the kind of pin I need. Every pin I've owned (check my owned in the past list) has been played for a day or two by my kids and they just give up on it. If Dialed In could bring them to playing more with me I'd be happy. I just feel like on this title I'm a bit priced out of the market. I've been trying to justify a standard version but that is even pricey. Would I lose out too much on a standard vs LE that I'd be unhappy with it?

Had teens and younger relatives over and I have a strong collection of pins. DI was by far the most played and the idea of daily high scores with selfie is very well liked.

#4876 5 years ago

Have most LE owners gotten a manual?

2 weeks later
#5037 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Yep … when I was there a couple of weeks ago, DI was just recently switched to their smaller assembly line and will probably be making 5 per day on that line per Jack. Jack also said that they would be winding down TH with another run this fall. They plan to startup WOZ again later towards winter too. My guess is that TH will end first. DI has no license, so they can keep making them for a very long time as long as they keep selling. When I was there, they were loading up shipping containers to ship DI's across the pond.

Initially was disappointed with the slow pace of JJP but now realize some things like life are a marathon not a sprint, was glad to get my Woz built in 2017 many years on and hope Woz will continue to sell to new owners. Woz probably benefited by the delay of TH and DI got a boost in sales greatly by a delay in JJP PotC.

3 months later
#6334 5 years ago

My update bricked my game. Must have done something wrong, maybe not have unzipped or something but now it's stuck.

I attempted to update my DI to the 1.57 software and followed the instructions but got frozen and now it won't allow me to get back to the menu and can't seem to load anything.

D39F295E-FF45-4BC1-91BE-151A1FDB719E (resized).jpegD39F295E-FF45-4BC1-91BE-151A1FDB719E (resized).jpeg

#6336 5 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I would download the full game install and reset back to 1.50.
http://159.203.76.48/general/install-full/

Will it pick up from the USB stick because it's not getting to the menu at all.

#6340 5 years ago

I can't understand the instructions to download the file onto my USB drive, I got a new USB 16G and can't figure out how to extract the file to the drive. I read followed the instruction above but it makes no sense whatsoever.

I am going to attempt to try on my MAC.

anyone have a better set of instructions?

Why does it have to be so difficult to download??

#6342 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

If i can figure out how to do it than i know u can bud, as im the least capable computer person ever lol.

think got it for the MAC. It's very confusion with having to download additional programs to extract the code etc.

#6343 5 years ago

All is well. I am up to 1.57 but sorry had to lose all my audits. I had not thought that it I would get hung up and need to do a full install or I would have looked at my audits to see how many games I've played on it.

#6345 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Always backup your settings before ANY install. That way if anything goes wrong, you can restore them. Too late for this update but good advice for the future.

thanks, I don't know how to restore the setting even if I had them.

#6348 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page B-50 and page B-51 in the manual.
You can download the latest version from jerseyjackpinball.com in the Support section.
LTG : )

thanks as always.

this update is nice, game just keeps getting better and better.

6 months later
#7922 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Interesting night I had. Was going to play golf but walked by the pins and said, hell, I have time for one quick game...
Reached Armageddon for the first time ever!! What a rush... Then something odd happened...
(On code 1.57)
I'm playing Armageddon MB, balls draining/getting launched again...then the game freezes. I have two balls locked in the station, Shoot Again is flashing, the music is still playing but the flippers are dead. I thought, maybe this is how the game ends when you get to this mode? No, that can't be it. I let it sit like this for about 5minutes. Nothing is resetting, no ball search..nothing.
I take the glass off and put a ball into the shooter lane. Launches..still nothing. Swithces/flippers/pops...nothing working. I then pull the balls locked in the Station into the trough. Flippers start working. Yay. I have one ball cradled so I start playing and everything suddenly works. Then it launches a second ball.. Uh oh. One of those balls drains and game officially over.
Very odd. I'm not sure if this is a code glitch or a one time occurrence.
To top it off, I'm texting a friend while this is happening and I forget to add my initials for high score and no picture. Doh![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Heck that’s too bad, I’ve never got that deep into the game yet but would hate to get there and have such a glitch.

1 month later
#8295 4 years ago

my phone characters are too quiet can't hardly hear them, is there a way to turn that part of the sound up??

#8322 4 years ago

Does anyone know how to make the phone voice call outs louder?

1 year later
#11336 3 years ago

have a problem with my DI fuse to auto launch, didn't want to muck up the fan club so I have a separate thread.

Thanks.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/di-le-not-working-need-help#post-5952906

#11340 3 years ago

DI is the only game my wife enjoys playing.

1 year later
#12959 1 year ago

I’m curious how can I make the phone (disaster) mode voices louder? Everything else is loud enough but the voices are a bit too quiet.

#12961 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Settings - System Settings - scroll down to Sound. There you can play with various volumes and mixes.
Disclaimer : Call Pat Lawlor and let him know you'd like LTG back.

I am aware there are sound settings, I wanted to know what setting makes the voices louder. I tried to adjust somewhat up/down not finding anything that makes the voices any better.

#12963 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did you try the one for speech ?
You might have to reduce others to get what you want.

Thanks Lloyd. I had thought that I did adjust the speech but must’ve not saved when I exited because it was still on default setting.

#12974 1 year ago

Have been playing my DI a lot lately, I go through phases where I only play one game at a time so for the past two weeks been playing my DI. I have the factory protectors so the SIM shot and the phone shot are not easy, but I am not good at taking apart my games so I am living with what I have. But I did adjust the SIM carryover to at least give me a better chance to collect some.

To my surprise the wrench just broke off right at the base where it screws on, don't know if this is common or not but for now I am going to play without it.

I used to own TZ and I see a lot of similarities with DI at least the two shots (SIM and Phone- Camera and Slot machine). I actually prefer DI over TZ although TZ has a lot more character or nostalgia, the disaster modes in DI are much more to my preference and I love the theater and the magnets, EMP strike is the best although it's such a danger but I love how the ball is thrown around the play field.

1 month later
#13078 1 year ago

This pin is so much fun, only not sure if the side missions are worth anything to be honest. Seems like most point are in the modes and especially SIM and Big Bang.

However maybe I’m not doing something correctly. Is there any strategy for points besides the disaster modes and SIM cards?

#13084 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Quantum theatre multi ball is insane and worth mad points. Definitely worth pursuing via the theater side quests.

I’ve never played that far, that’s what I’m going to try for now.

#13090 1 year ago

I have a little problem at game end photo, sometime the game will not take any photo at all and sometimes it'll use an old photo like from selfie mode or something not from the actual high score photo time. Also my camera is somewhat blurry or grainy (but I don't have a well lit room so I'm thinking that could be an issue).

#13092 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Quantum theatre multi ball is insane and worth mad points. Definitely worth pursuing via the theater side quests.

I was just concentrating on the QT multi ball today and finally got it lit on last ball only to drain before starting it.

2 weeks later
#13107 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

You get it yet? It’s the best multi-ball!

NO!

I usually get stumped on Drones, I am not sure how to make the drones easier to collect in the settings.

#13115 1 year ago

Just got to Quantum theater multi-ball for the first time, lots of fun!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.