IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider r0ddan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13192 1 year ago

First post.
Bought a standard edition week before christmas. It's not in mint condition, there are issues, but overall I would say it's ok. It's fun to play and my wife likes it and that is the most important to me.
Many issues I have discovered in the game I have found answers to in this thread. The broken of spring steel flap on Bob's trap door being one of them. I didn't notice at first. It's my first game with a trap door and I didn't realise there was supposed to be a flap to cover the gap. The shot around the orbit doesn't always make it all the way around to the upper flipper but I thought that was the way the game played...

Anyhow. I found a trap door online and ordered one. I will try to upload a picture (but since I was refused a job as an IT expert at NASA I'm not sure I will succeed) but my question is this. What is a non faulty trap door supposed to look like?
The one I recieved has:
A hinge that is crooked and has dug it self into the plexi cover on one side creating a gap.
A plexi cover that is convex and bulging outwards.
The different layers of the door doesn't have the same length.

I'm sending it back. My plan is to order another one from the same company as I can't imagine that there will be more than one on their shelves looking as bad as this one. Bad decision?

IMG_1975 (resized).jpegIMG_1975 (resized).jpegIMG_1976 (resized).jpegIMG_1976 (resized).jpegIMG_1981 (resized).jpegIMG_1981 (resized).jpeg
#13194 1 year ago

Need and want are two completely different animals.
Question is what to expect from a replacement. Many members of this fine establishment has received a new directly from JJP. This is not possible anymore as they don't have them anymore. But this question is to those who did.
What did it look like?
What is to be expected from a replacement part that is claimed to originate from the stockpile of JJP?

#13197 1 year ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

Hey man I can't tell from the photos. What was broken on the trap door/flap?

Look at where the hinge meets the plexi cover. It’s unlevel on one side and creates a gap. I know gap is the wrong word, english is a second language, but the transition from plexi to hinge should be level. Or should it not? I might be wrong…
My opinion is that this trap door, meaning this particular one, should have been at some point caught by quality controll and never reached a costumer. Should not have been sent out to me.
But I have no experience of other replacement trap doors. It is this experience I am searching for.
Plan is to get atleast some experience by sending this one back and at the same time order another one.

1 week later
#13206 1 year ago
Quoted from skwal:

Sorry, my question is
are your flipper bats aligned (not signed) with your return lane?

Right flipper was slightly high compared with the return lane. I wan't them to be aligned so I fixed it. In my imagination the left loop got just a bit easier (placebo for sure). There's a gap between the lane guide and the flipper that causes a bit of "ball bounce". Aligning might also have helped that a bit but I'm waiting for an improved lane guide from Cliff... He doesn't know I am, which might be a problem, come to think of it... Lucky me I didn't hold my breath.
Good enough answer?

#13210 1 year ago
Quoted from r0ddan:

Look at where the hinge meets the plexi cover. It’s unlevel on one side and creates a gap. I know gap is the wrong word, english is a second language, but the transition from plexi to hinge should be level. Or should it not? I might be wrong…
My opinion is that this trap door, meaning this particular one, should have been at some point caught by quality controll and never reached a costumer. Should not have been sent out to me.
But I have no experience of other replacement trap doors. It is this experience I am searching for.
Plan is to get atleast some experience by sending this one back and at the same time order another one.

My experience in replacement trap doors has now increased. This time the nuts is not tightened to hard and the plexi is ok. The sticker is misaligned but I can't bother anymore with this company. The woman answering my emails was more of a querulant than I am. Didn't know that was possible.
She is arguing that since the picture on their website shows a trap door without the hinge there is nothing wrong with the one they sent me. I just got a little extra that shouldn't have been included. I've sent her two additional pictures showing how one of the nuts is tightened to hard and have compressed the plexi thus destroying the assembly. I'm waiting for her response, will have some popcorn ready.

IMG_1993 (resized).jpegIMG_1993 (resized).jpegIMG_1996 (resized).jpegIMG_1996 (resized).jpeg
5 months later
#13359 8 months ago

Playfield hanger brackets?
Mine are slightly more than 90°. Makes it hard to get the playfield back in place. I have no workshop nor tools to bend them right, but I get a monthly salary. Which ones is it if I wanna buy new ones?
The part number in the manual says 10-000014-00.

#13364 8 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Do you have enough tools to get them off ? If so rest one on a table or work bench. Try bending with your bare hands. Fasten one end down, lean the other side over the edge and bend it.
LTG : )

I do. I have tools that fits that strange system with inches and fractions... Btw, how do you learn that? Which countries besides USA uses it anyway? It's like eating soup with a fork. The rest of the world went over to the metric system and someone over there went "nah, let's stick with this medieval system where we measure the thumb of some king and use fractions of that". Makes no sense, but anyway...
It's the workbench I don't have, and I don't wanna f**k up using the kitchen table and a hammer. I thought maybe there was a Williams equivalent that was fairly easy to get from somewhere here in Europe and that someone knew about it.

#13368 8 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

It's pinball. Get used to that.

Outside. Find a concrete curb or something.
LTG : )

I did. I got the right tools years ago. I got a small supply of screws and nuts and things one might need. You see, everything is different from what is standard outside the US. Even the threads on screws are different. You can't just walk into a hardware store and buy fx a replacement nut if one goes missing. They may look exactly the same but won't fit. It's not impossible to find the right equipment but you need to be aware that nothing is according to the metric system in a pinball game. Most things you need must be ordered.

I won't bend my hangers right on a concrete curb. I'll get new ones or have someone with an anvil or a vice get them straight for me. Waiting for a reply from JJP about which ones to get if I decide to buy new ones.

#13369 8 months ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I like the English units, they have a certain flair, but it can be difficult to get nuts and bolts and tools sometimes.

That feeling when you buy a game and you are going to take the legs off. Someone hands you a 16 mm socket wrench and you go "oh no, it's got to be this 5/8 inch or we will ruin the bolt"...

1 week later
#13376 8 months ago

Played a couple of games last night. Main monitor went black for a few seconds then came back to normal... Any thoughts?
And while I'm at it. Is there a way to adjust the picture shown in the theatre? The image is "to big".

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
5,815 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider r0ddan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=r0ddan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.