IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinlen83.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2153 6 years ago

Interrupting this thread for a special news announcement: DILE #997 has arrived! Incredible machine...there's no other words to describe it!

IMG_4821 (resized).JPGIMG_4821 (resized).JPG

IMG_4825 (resized).JPGIMG_4825 (resized).JPG

IMG_4689 (resized).JPGIMG_4689 (resized).JPG

IMG_4797 (resized).JPGIMG_4797 (resized).JPG

IMG_4812 (resized).JPGIMG_4812 (resized).JPG

#2155 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Congrats!
Is that your GC of 4.7 Mil?
If so, and you just got the game, then I am convinced I suck balls at pinball! hahaha

Yes sir it is! I've figured out the scoring rather quickly...took around 50 games. Can't wait to go crush some long standing high scores at sunshine laundromat and Jackbar in Brooklyn soon (provided flipper power is up to snuff)!

#2157 6 years ago

After a rigorous battle, I beat the game! Went to showdown, and what a blast it was! It reminded me of RTU on AFM. Very cool, and I can't wait to do it again! Next time it will be extra difficult setting

IMG_4840 (resized).JPGIMG_4840 (resized).JPG
IMG_4841 (resized).JPGIMG_4841 (resized).JPG
IMG_4842 (resized).JPGIMG_4842 (resized).JPG

#2171 6 years ago
Quoted from pinball_mutha:

Hello! I'm not sure if this is an adjustment or something, but it seems like the voice audio during disasters is very very low, is this normal?
Thanks for any help!

Haven't experienced any of the above issues. I'm currently running 1.52, and my production date is dec 1. Only thing I had happen was the left opto on the theater fell out of the housing. The right side apparently had the same issue and was hot glued before leaving the factory. Really minor stuff thankfully.

#2215 6 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Had a mega game last night.
Got ALL 8 SIM cards and then completed Showdown.
Was only a single mode of Armageddon.
Finished a bit over 7mil.
Simply a fantastic game.

I had one of those too. What an incredible wizard mode!

IMG_4842 (resized).JPGIMG_4842 (resized).JPG

#2220 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Am I missing something... I have hit 1 million once or twice, and you guys are blowing it up.
I feel like I'm decent at most games I play, but maybe I'm missing something on DI!

Knowing how to score on this game is crucial. I figured most of it out on my own which took me at least 100 or so games. Starting modes, completing them, and getting SIM cards which are the most important scoring multipliers for modes. Stacking multiballs helps A LOT.

Don't get me wrong, I was probably playing for 40 mins to get this score. It wasn't easy lol

#2221 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Nope ..like i said before every game is different and we don't know how others are set up. Have over 1200 games on mine and highest score is only 3 million or so. Most sims collected is 4 and most modes completed is 8. My gane is brutal as hell at 7.0 degrees, very sensitive slings and drone magnet, otber magnets set on medium, waxed regularly, kickback on difficult, extra balls more difficult and the most u can get is 3 in a game also the ball save is only 4 seconds. Most games are below 1 million and last 4 minutes on mine. Every once in a while ill get the sim shot dialed in and thsts when i have my best games.

I'm setting everything on extra difficult today to see how well I do.

#2230 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I'm with you. I don't get it. I think I'm having a great game if I get 1 million and I see guys getting 6 and 7 million. Either they have it on easy mode, glass off or I just suck.

Just played several games on extra difficult. It truly does make the game EXTRA DIFFICULT! Avg scores under 500k.

#2231 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

For sure.... i gap everything as close as possible which really speeds up the game .... that drone magnet does some neat tricks lol.

Drone magnet adds an incredible amount of randomness to the game. Albeit, a fun amount...not frustrating

#2273 6 years ago
Quoted from Robo1:

Thank you Snarof! I just wrote them and hope to get a response soon.

You're much better off calling to be honest. Their communication is incredible from what i've experienced

2 weeks later
#2440 6 years ago

Just started having STDM from the theater. Adjusted the magnet to -60, no effect. Up until the last 20 games, it would nudge the ball after catching it 100% of the time

#2449 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Have you tried the "TEST LAB" setting? Works great on my machine...highly recommend.
snaroff

Test lab and game play results are totally different. Test lab will nudge the ball after release, in gameplay it will go stdm. I even made sure it saved the setting at -60. I'll probably go a bit more towards the negative side as was suggested. Didn't really want the ball to be tossed over to the side flipper which is what happened if I went towards 90

#2488 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Just started having STDM from the theater. Adjusted the magnet to -60, no effect. Up until the last 20 games, it would nudge the ball after catching it 100% of the time

Fixed and working the way I'd like it to!

#2490 6 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

What was your fix? Have you removed Mylar on magnets?

Went from 0, back to -60, and magically its working. I'm going to remove the mylar also when i get a chance this weekend. Didnt think it would last long RIGHT ON TOP of the magnet. Great idea...poorly thought out lol

#2534 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I have the same issue, but isolated to the flippers/slings. Switched out the "stock" balls to Ninja Chrome and believe it's ceased. fwiw, I've never had this happen before.
snaroff

Purchased from the ballbaron?

#2538 6 years ago

How do these compare to the super shiny from titan? I'm gonna order a set...just curious

#2603 6 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

With all this talk about scratches on the clear coat, might some compound help?

It's the next logical step is imagine.

#2639 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Well spotted, just checked mine and that edge is very exposed, I’ll be bending mine in.

Will check this on mine tonight

#2707 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I finally beat my Dialed In!
I just had an amazing game. While playing through all of the modes, shots and got past Chaos in Quantum City and Armageddon. I didn’t complete each of the modes the first time around, but after completing them all they started again so I was able to light enough SIM cards. I was concentrating on completing modes and getting multiballs and shooting for SIM cards. At one point the phone turned gold, and soon I realized that I had only one SIM left to complete D.i.a.l.e.d. I.n. All of the sudden I’m playing against D.I.E. In the Showdown mode. All of the balls are launched and the phone turns light blue and says: “Shoot phone to reveal enemy weak spot!”. Each time I hit the phone another major shot lights red and becomes vulnerable for attacking D.I.E. Each time a ball drains I lose a bit on my meter and each time I hit a red shot D.I.E. Loses some of it’s meter. Whenever a ball drains it’s launched back into play. At one point I beat D.I.E. And the backglass returns to normal (sans meters) and whenever a ball drains at this point it’s gone. All of the red shots are still lit and scoring jackpots until the second-to-last ball drains. At that point the game returns to normal play with no letters in D.i.a.l.e.d. I.n. lit. Final score: 9,748,530.
I was able to cradle the ball and take a picture (below) when I had all but 1 SIM card, but after that the game was just too crazy to try to stop and get pictures.
Dialed In is such an amazing game!

It's unbelievably satisfying to beat this game. Be sure to record your score into Pinsides database! I did a little over 11 Million myself and hold the #1 spot for now. The really big points come after spelling ''dialed in'' and beating modes all over again. I was averaging a little over 1.2 million points per mode completion after showdown!

#2710 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Are you guys doing this with the SIM memory on?

I got my recently, so it would have been the newer rubbers? Are they silicone or standard rubber? Was going to just buy standard rubber from Pinball Life, but the feel of the rubbers in my game seem a bit different from other rubbers I have in my B/W games.

Factory settings. Best I've done on extra difficult was 4.2M which changes scoring dramatically, the ability to get Big Bang, and numerous other characteristics. It's nearly impossible to get an extra ball. Give it a try! You won't believe it

*edit: extra difficult turns off sim memory, and you start with ZERO letters

#2715 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Thanks! I did enter my score in the Pinside database. I’m currently at number 3. I could have done better but I had to effectively drain my last two balls because my wife was angry that I was playing 15 minutes after my agreed upon no pinball time. I really wish I had the time to really play it out. Next time. (Sigh). I still don’t thing that I could have beaten your high score. That’s impressive!

My wife didn't even ask me a question while I was playing. Afterwards, she said to me "now go give mikey a bath. And, holy crap that's insane!"

Thank you for the kind words!

#2739 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So many hangup issues with those playfield protectors...I guess this is another to add to the list. We didn't do it, and I'm glad...

I have #997, and haven't, thankfully, encountered a majority of the issues spoken about here. I wasn't so lucky with my AFMR though.... what a nightmare that continues to be

1 week later
#2812 6 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I have a ceiling fan right above my DI, and 90% of the time it takes pictures of the fan instead of the person playing lol
Definitely needs some improvement

It's pretty spot on at my place. There are settings you can play with to increase accuracy

1 year later
#7649 5 years ago

Re-joining the club after a year DI-hiatus. Just as excited as the day I bought one NIB!

DILE (resized).jpgDILE (resized).jpg
#7663 4 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

To all you owners or frequent players... what is your highest score to date, what does a typical "great" game top out at for you... my highest score is only 2.38 million and I've had what I consider some pretty good games. All settings standard except I have the sim card carryover set. Code 1.57 and I've probably only achieved Chaos on quantum city like 7 or so times in about 6 months of ownership. How often are you all getting to Chaos as an example? I feel like I'm doing great if I've collected 3 sim cards... what say you owners or frequent players?

11.6M is my best to date. Collected all cards and got to showdown.

#7664 4 years ago

Eagle has landed! My son is incredibly overjoyed that his favorite machine is back in our home. Funny thing: my old DILE was 997, and this machine is 996. That’ll never happen again Side note, gotta love when your wife asks where the machines gonna go, and you say “bedroom”.

09BDE062-2827-4CD0-B508-55EC5227F872 (resized).jpeg09BDE062-2827-4CD0-B508-55EC5227F872 (resized).jpegBD2A6152-31E1-4417-A88E-7BFA5A887A61 (resized).jpegBD2A6152-31E1-4417-A88E-7BFA5A887A61 (resized).jpeg

#7669 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I find the Mantis doesn't fit as well as other Mantis protectors I've used. I've been meaning to contact him. Bounce outs are very frustrating.

I have a Mantis on mine. Zero rejects.

#7671 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Why would an upwards bend of the scoop affect the bouce back rate?

Could you take a pic of yours? I want to see if the sides of the scoop (vertical walls on both sides of the scoop) are less forward than mine are in relation to the rubber posts...

Absolutely will when I get home tonight

#7675 4 years ago

Anyone else have an issue with the extra ball light not coming on? It’s work all other times when it’s called for during modes, etc. Test mode works fine in all colors.

Ideas?

1 week later
#7711 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Today May 9th is my 6th anniversary of doing tech support for Jersey Jack Pinball. I'm grateful for all the friends I've made. Jersey Jack Pinball co-workers, distributors, and customers. To celebrate this occasion at my business SS Billiards, I will give any one stopping in today six games on their favorite Jersey Jack Pinball machine here. I have the full line up. WOZ, Hobbit, Dialed In, and Pirates. So come on in and help me celebrate ! It's been a great six years ! Thank you.
LTG : )

Congrats! Here's to another 6!

#7745 4 years ago

IMHO, at 1.57 I consider it complete. Personally, I feel it has met every expectation the theme could possibly have. Not venturing back in to the new code (1.61) due to the animation delays and misc bugs.

#7768 4 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

My spring broke on my Crazy Bob trap door and a new one is on its way. So I disabled the door and I’m amazed the flow improvement! Also I’ve been working on my combos and not concentrating on my score and I’ve learned a new appreciation for DI. I hardly ever did Theatre MB because I just focused on the modes. Last night I stacked a theatre MB with a Crazy Bob MB right after Chaos in QC....that was a good game. I’m so happy with my "phone" game. < sarcasm

It's certainly a gem! I've never started theater multiball yet. Don't know how to get to it

1 week later
#7829 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Guys I'm new to Jjp and have a question, My subwoofer seems non existent. I hear high treble coming out of it but really no bass. I looked in the setting but do not see and Treble/bass adjustments like my Sterns. Is this correct? Thanks.

There are no settings for treble and bass. Just sound mixer options. I’ve been wanting to add a sub to mine...especially for the Big Bang effect! If you put it up passed 25, you get some decent bass out of it

#7849 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I've gotten the app to work twice. Every time since, nothing.
The thing that's frustrating is JJP used this feature to help hype this game up. And now it doesn't even work.

The dongle may not be working

#7856 4 years ago

A few nights ago. The joys of being able to play at home

61D29E05-46E3-4BB4-B5D7-0D8C64F766DD (resized).jpeg61D29E05-46E3-4BB4-B5D7-0D8C64F766DD (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#7895 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I noticed this as well -but I think part of the problem was that it was sandwiched between potc (hard to find anywhere to play one, slightly newer) and I think afmr - hard to beat a classic... or was it alive cooper there.. never get a chance to play that one either really. Still was crazy that there was no line sometimes .. always lines at those front newer games.

I noticed the complete opposite at Allentown this year. There was always a huge line to play DILE (4-5 players deep). It was sitting next to a high end restoration of MB, and a few other "A"titles that weren't getting as much love.

#7908 4 years ago

You may want to try turning down the flipper power also to see how that works. I had the thick "cliffys" from JJP on my first DILE, stopped having trouble once I dialed down the power just a tad. I was still able to make the right ramp shot relatively easy also after this adjustment

#7927 4 years ago

At 1.57, I feel it’s 100% complete. Any additional polish is just GRAAAAVY at this stage. There’s literally nothing more I could personally ask of the game. I’m sure they’re some nuances I could point out if I tried hard enough...

#7929 4 years ago

Need some help!

I Have a switch error that keeps the trap door open during game play once I trigger it. During test mode, it will not release the trap door unless the door is already down. Once I bring it up, it becomes stuck.

I see where the switch is mapped out in the diag menu, but can’t seem to find the switch.

EBAF3967-FDC1-43C9-8F2D-73FCDEB517E7 (resized).jpegEBAF3967-FDC1-43C9-8F2D-73FCDEB517E7 (resized).jpeg
#7930 4 years ago

Never mind.... I was looking for a literal switch, when it’s really an opto. Gonna be a bitch putting it back

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#7952 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Wonder why? Mine isn't left drain happy.

The metal post in between the in-lanes makes it a hazard. Commonly, the slings on mine are the culprit of outlane drains. QED guy causes lots of STDM if you hit it the wrong way

#7973 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yes
mainly when LOCK is ready
but also when in monkey MB, or acid rain mode...

In extra difficult mode, that diverter is mostly down. Changes the whole dynamic of the game

1 week later
#8094 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

I was in the same boat. Looking to get a new pin...went from Munsters to Wonka and both had issues for me...so I "settled" on DI. Best NIB purchase I ever made. It's funny, I played the game at shows and it always flipped well but I could not get the theme integration and I was missing a lot with sound drowned out at shows.
This game is literally "dialed in" and polished in every way. Aside from the weird art decision to put a no emotion dude with the phone in his hand I really like everything about it. Has that Lawler flow, feel, humor and the build quality is amazing. Fun, fully developed game....and it looks so much better in person than in pics.

Welcome to the club! This is my 2nd time owning a DILE. So long as finances allow, it'll stay in my collection indefinitely. Definitely the best modern pin out there. It's tied for first with IMDN in my book

1 week later
#8133 4 years ago

I'm likely one of the very few that dials in their machines to be as difficult as humanly possible. The only thing I'm guilty of is having carrot flippers on my GB. Really, it levels the playing field. To offset that, I have the game set at extra difficult with no mode restart, plus one or two other tweaks to make it impossible.

Dialed in has been set at extra difficult from day 1. From time to time, I will go back to factory, or even extra easy when I want my son to see more of the game rather than be frustrated. I know pinball should be fun, however, by nature my son and I are very competitive. Training hard, playing hard!

#8147 4 years ago

Extra easy on 3-ball should make the game a cake walk so long as you can keep the ball alive. I've ran through the entire game in well under 40 mins and put up a stupid score.

2 weeks later
#8364 4 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

Ahhh... the random coils power... I hate this behaviour in versions > 1.57! I hoped this would be fixed first, as it is really disgusting imho. The phone kick-out and the theatre magnet are most obvious...
I still hope they get it fixed for the final 1.7 or at least continue working on it for a next update. It was no problem before, so it should be fixable, right?
Anybody from JJP here to comment this? Is this a reproducible problem you are working on?
Thank you very much,
Lars

My erratic coil question was ignored on the stream by JJP in chat.

#8534 4 years ago

If anyone’s looking to join the club, I have an LE I’m going to list shortly in NY

1 month later
#9021 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

I’m considering selling my NGG to fund the purchase of a DI LE....good idea or no? Figured I’d ask the group! Haha

:::shrugs:::

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 22.50
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinlen83.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=pinlen83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.