Topic Stats

• 8,837 posts
  • 487 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 seconds ago by Nokoro
  • Topic is favorited by 160 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,069 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

34CABBA6-C010-4D34-97C2-A38A35964F23 (resized).jpeg
15665371508663972640152063515880 (resized).jpg
20190819_181516 (resized).jpg
6CF3159B-EE80-44BD-91BF-D1C8ABFAA9BF (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190818_173650 (resized).jpg
20190817_173756 (resized).jpg
20190817_145853 (resized).jpg
20190817_132702 (resized).jpg
20190816_170413 (resized).jpg
hwinfo (resized).jpg
2019-08-14 15.21.07 (resized).jpg
2019-08-14 14.29.30 (resized).jpg
2019-08-14 15.20.42 (resized).jpg
2019-08-14 15.32.01 (resized).jpg
2019-08-14 15.32.03 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (2 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (1 year ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (1 year ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (1 year ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (1 year ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (1 year ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (1 year ago)

Post #1253 Velcro fix for right ramp hangup Posted by cooked71 (1 year ago)

Post #1258 Detailed pictures for adjusting a misbehaving trap door Posted by foobeer (1 year ago)

Post #1332 Getting access to computer in backbox on Dialed In Posted by hank527 (1 year ago)

Post #1347 Ball trap location. Posted by Kevlar (1 year ago)

Post #1377 Fix for USB at the coin door not working Posted by Pinhead1982 (1 year ago)

Post #1391 Fix for Tilt Bob not working all of a sudden Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #1431 Adjustment point to grease for trap door to operate smoothly Posted by LTG (1 year ago)

Post #1451 Adjusting arm on Quantum Mechanic Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #2507 How to get in backbox to check audio connections Posted by pinstadium (1 year ago)

Post #2661 DIY Lighting how-to for sides of Dialed In backglass Posted by lyonsden (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballpal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#533 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I feel the same about mine. Left seems stronger. My game says strength for flippers go to 32 but I can only put my right at 25. Is that normal? Did you guys end up rebuilding this too like the other guy? Just curious if there is another solution as these are brand new machines. Seems extreme. Mine def has power and in fact it will go around the orbit but barely - it just doesn't feel as snappy.
Also - my theatre magnet pulls the ball back up and over to the top right flipper. It's like the shadow (kind of cool - ball drops a little then gets pulled up and through to the right onto topper right flipper). Is that normal though or should it fall back down (not up)?

What is the solution for the weak right flipper on some of these games. Is their something broken on some of these games like not enough power going to the right flipper.

Annybuddy? LTG HELP!!!

#535 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

If all is good mechanically with the flipper assembly, I'd try swapping the left and right flipper button leaf blade switches and see if problem moves.
LTG : )

Thanks for the quick reply I do not have my game yet I am just reading through the thread so I am ready to solve any promblems that I might have. Is a lot of these games exhibiting this problem?

1 month later
#1325 1 year ago

My NIB Dialed In is going to be delivered today. The timing of the 1.50 code update could not be better.

#1341 1 year ago

I unboxed my game yesterday and I love everything about it except the most important thing my left and right flippers are weak. Surprisingly the flipper most people are having trouble with the upper right flipper works great. I have the flipper strength set to 25 on all of the flippers.

What are all the things I should do to trouble shoot this thanks in advance.

#1471 1 year ago

On my Dialed in the sound sounds like it is skipping in certain times during the game but it happens the same time every time it happens. I was thinking that it was part of the sound package because the characters voice on the phone during the emp strike skips a little while he is talking every time the mode starts I thought it was part of the game because of the emp strike and all but now I am not to sure. Because the sound skips during the start of multiball, When the announcer says best selfie ever, in the beginning of the acid rain mode and when the announcer says ball one locked. It happens at the same time everytime that is why I thought it was part of the sound package. I went through all of the sound tests and they all play perfectly. Is this a glitch in the code maybe when to many sounds are playing. I hear the same skipping through the headphones as well so it is not the speakers. Any suggestions on how to fix this or is it just how the game is?

Thanks in advance everybody.

Selfie mode is my new guilty pleasure !!!

1 week later
#1568 1 year ago
Quoted from Snailman:

I only had one play session with the new Chaos MB on location, so no idea about any nuances. I plan on having sunglasses ready next time.

Yea I second the sunglasses statement I was super dizzy after playing the Chaos MB last night but I loved it .

1 month later
#2091 1 year ago

Has anybuddy tried the new phone scoop protector from JJP with the front cut out. Does this make the shot easier? Does cliffy make one like this? Is the cliffy’s still the better option?

http://159.203.76.48/di/DI%20Smartphone%20Scoop%20Protector.pdf

1 month later
#2801 1 year ago

Is their a way to adjust the bass or treble on Dialed In. That high note that b3 organ puts out is making my ears bleed .

2 months later
#3899 1 year ago

I finally got to and completed the showdown wizard mode (no SIM card carry over) what a great pin .

4060E013-785C-4157-BCA2-4A80857111DC (resized).jpeg

4 weeks later
#4323 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Are you guys moving the Bob sign so you can see it? Where is the link to how to?

+1

1 month later
#4898 1 year ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

I just got a Dialed In Standard. Out of the box I had to adjust the trap door like above, as it was staying open. I also had to fix the left ramp switch before the divertor, as it was not registering every time. Also adjusted the QED guy switch to make it more sensitive. And rotated the BOB sign to make it more visable to the player. Now the game is playing amazing.
I'm not normally a mod type of guy, but think the game could use a few LED/RGB mods to make it look like the LE. I'm considering the pop-bumper tower, to light up that back left corner. I def' want to do the LERmods backbox light. What mods are essential?
While you can adjust a few coils, there are still some changes I would like to make. Like being able to lower the kickback coil below 6. Amy hoot, like my TNA, I will be streaming this game often. I hope to capture both the phone and quantum theater for the stream. Come hang and get C R A Z Y!
http://twitch.tv/owlnonymous

QED lighting bolts are upside down .

1 month later
#5296 11 months ago
Quoted from Marvin:

it shoudln't hit there but that ramp is just too low, if the ball is up off the PF at all the balls midline gets above the cutout and runs up and the shot fails. I think it would be good if there is any room to raise the ramp and that guide an 1/8 of an inch, washers under the supports maybe. but like i mentioned I don't know if that would leave clearance above the ramp for the other orbit.

Did any buddy figure out any more fixes for this issue other than puting tape on the ramp flap to smooth out the transition.

2 weeks later
#5379 11 months ago
Quoted from RJL:

Seeking advice from fellow owners. I noticed that the kickback never makes it into the phone scoop. Even if it is spot on, it always seem to bounce off.
I though about adjusting the ball guide, but after running numerous balls by hand through the kcikback, it seems to either hit the phone scoop or the right ramp, i.e., it appears to me not to be the problem. It could be my play field angle (currently level is on second line) or kickback adjustment, etc.. Before I start taking off plastics to make a tweak, I thought I would ask if anyone has had and solved this problem.
My game has the factory installed phone scoop protector.
Thanks,
Rich

I asked pat about it and the kickback is exposed to feed the upper right flipper. It is random tho and will not do that every time but that is what is exposed to do.

#5449 10 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'll try new sleeves and flipper return springs with default flipper strength. As far as alignment goes, I'll put them inline with the inlane guides, like I do with every game I have. I'll see if that makes a difference. If not, I'll up the coil strength a little bit...and if not after that, then I'll just learn to adjust to the game.

Make sure your leaf switches are adjusted correctly and that the flippers are not binding under the playfeild on the flipper bushings. LTG can explain it better than me if he wants to chime in. These adjustments made my flippers perfect.

3 weeks later
#5740 10 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm in the camp of disagreeing. I think in a home environment, you should be able to beat your game at least once a year, preferably a little more. How on earth is anyone going to beat it on route?
Every machine I have other than Dialed In is rarely conquered, but it does happen now and then. TZ more than Shadow, Shadow more than STTNG. I love the game, but I see the sim shot as the game's tragic flaw. It is not possible to dial in (no pun intended). Even the most skilled players argue that the shot is too tight and must be approached by finding bank shots and relying on fluke. In my opinion, to balance this issue, you need to be able to light it easier or have it carry over. They could help this issue in the code is what I'm saying.
A generally skilled player finishing a game once per year in a home environment is not asking for too much.

I have collected all of the SIM cards and completed the game 4 times this month on stock settings. It is defiantly consistently doable .

Make sure your upper flippers power is not set to high so you get rejects from good shots I have mine set on 14.

The way I get the SIM cards is hit the theater shot with the right flipper which gives the ball some good speed then aim for the upper ramp shot right above the tip of the flipper and with the speed of the ball helping it goes right into the Sim Hole.
3BD2E268-3572-4C91-879E-8EC39D94EA3D (resized).jpeg

#5746 10 months ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Either you are/should be a top tournament player or the game is set up super easy to beat it that regularly?

It is set up with a tight tilt and stock settings 6.5 degrees out lanes factory.

Thanks for the compliment maybe I should try a couple tourneys .

#5822 10 months ago
Quoted from MEuRaH:

So here's something interesting I forgot to share. The main knock on this game still seems to be theme, if the ratings are any indication. Once people heard what it was they formed an opinion about it before they played it (much like people are doing with Oktoberfest..... come on guys). I played the game a good 10-20 times and fell in love with it. I dreamt about it and yearned to own one someday.
When I finally bought one this past June, I immediately donated it to my local co-op, which is a place people donate machines collectively so we all get to play them. Anyway Dialed In made it's arrival about 1-2 weeks after Iron Maiden also made its arrival. In the beginning, Iron Maiden was easily everyone's favorite game to play. I can't blame them either, it's an awesome game with great sounds and lighting, the theme is powerful and the gameplay is nonstop. I like playing it but my only knock on the game is that points are easy to find, even if you have no idea what you're doing. I scored over 300 million in my first game, and I had no idea what I did to make it happen. It's not an easy game (I struggled to get over 100 million after that), but there's so much going on that you can basically do anything to get points at any time. I think this is why people weren't afraid to play it, because they'd get a score of 50-100 million and felt good about it.
Anyway, Dialed In was the complete opposite. People would play it, get 25-50k, they'd feel bad about it and then not return. Not many people knew I owned Dialed In so I got to hear all sorts of opinions about it from conversations happening around me. "The theme is weak" and "it's too confusing" and the like. It was rarely played, so I got to play it a lot which I liked, but I also felt a little sad about people purposely avoiding it to play just about anything else.
Fast forward to today and wow have times changed. I think the best players at the co-op are the ones who are most attracted to the game. It's challenging with a deep ruleset which I think is the greatest strength AND weakness of the game; Unless you take the time to understand what's going on, you'll never like it and never improve. I think this turns a lot of new-to-average players off. The game has been so popular lately that I can't get myself into a game! It's always on 4 player and there's always a huge line to play it. I've heard so many people call it their favorite machine in the room that I've lost count. It took a LOT of time for people to warm up to it, but now that they have I feel a lot better about having donated it. It makes me happy to see people play and enjoy it... and get frustrated at missing a crucial shot, or hitting the big bang in a big moment, or collecting a sim card (always a huge "YES!" when that happens).
It's a great game. I'm so happy to own it. It's my #1 rated game of all time and buying one is the best decision I ever made.

All to easy.

260689B3-F36B-4C44-8D4F-5F62EC184D2B (resized).jpeg

Trading up for reactor 9.

#5990 9 months ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Really like the new code update. Scoring is much better balanced, multi ball scoring is now worth it, now collects SIM cards during Chaos in Quantum City multiball, new and complete animations and speech as well. Made Armageddon and Showdown this morning and got a new G.C. Great job JJP! Only changes to stock settings is SIM card hold when balls drain. May have to turn that off now.
[quoted image]

I guess SIM card hold will not be concidered cheating your self anymore . It will make the game more enjoyable.

2 weeks later
#6276 9 months ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I don't recall. Pretty sure they are plastic rivets, though. Those are pretty easy to remove.
If you do need to re-secure, 4-40 or 6-32 hardware will work.

What is 4-40 / 6-32 hardware?

1 week later
#6382 8 months ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Sanity check: So, if my right ramp shot has enough speed, sometimes its turning into a right orbit shot. I'm not positive on what happens, but perhaps the ball is getting slightly airborne and then hitting and going over the left orbit "wall" and then down the left orbit? Or do I need to adjust something like the metal flap in front of the right ramp or something?

Some buddy suggested replacing the ramp flap. The ramp flap might be a little too thick causing the ball to go airborne. I was thinking about maybe installing a longer ramp flap so if the ball would go a little airborn from a fast shot the ball will be settled down before it makes that sharp turn were it rejects occasionally.

1 week later
#6441 8 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Is it just me or do the slingshots feel weaker since the update? Am i correct that 60 is the strongest?

They do feel weaker I thought it was just me. I figured either I was just being OCD about it or they did it on purpose to stop the couple people on here bitching about the slings throwing the ball down the outlanes. No biggie for me tho it does make the game a bit less challenging. I just beat the whole game again might be on its way out . Who wants to trade for a TNA plus cash? That should keep me busy for awhile .

#6494 8 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sim Shot - now that the game has been out for some time what are the best ways to get that shot to go in? Curious what others are doing besides me (which is lowering the glass and flicking the ball in with my hand!)...

What I do is once you get the upper ramp shot down what you do is flip the ball into the thearter with the right flipper then aim for the upper ramp lock shot and the ball will go into the SIM card shot. It goes into the SIM card hole 1 out of 3 to 2 out of 3 times for me using this strategie. What is happing is that you have more speed on the ball when you rocket it in the theater with the right flipper.

#6532 8 months ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Any other ideas? So I tried some Velcro tape on the ball trail for the right ramp, but on fast shots it bounces back quite often.
[quoted image]
In this pic, you can see a vertical "ball trail" on the left of the left orbit exit ->
[quoted image]
Which tells me that the ball is getting airborne from the ramp leading up to it. The metal flap in front of the front is ever so slightly raised a bit, which could be a problem though I don't know how to make flush since its riveted into the ramp...

Maybe the modcouple could make some sort of plastic cover that could go over the ramp flap to stop the ball from going airborne.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodstock, GA
$ 21.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballpal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside