Topic Stats

• 9,372 posts
  • 506 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by the_zap
  • Topic is favorited by 176 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,124 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190818_112830 (resized).jpg
20190818_112853 (resized).jpg
5CC58065-A49F-4026-88D4-6BCA684A9937 (resized).jpeg
DITrap (resized).JPG
97E55CF6-7B4D-48F8-A538-ED978827C7DA (resized).jpeg
91A790A6-A8F0-4357-A429-8A34B2B071B1 (resized).jpeg
2FA68F6F-FF94-4B2D-A3DE-3996F2A6E843 (resized).jpeg
Rubber (resized).jpg
Cliffy2 (resized).jpg
Cliffy1 (resized).jpg
Cliffy3 (resized).jpg
20191003_181551 (resized).jpg
ScreenJJP (resized).jpg
showdown (resized).jpg
25389D20-1022-4992-9032-DC58F7E0D621 (resized).jpeg
E0A0B586-7AF4-483C-9C4B-D556087D9FF7 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (2 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (2 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (2 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (1 year ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (1 year ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (1 year ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (1 year ago)

Post #1253 Velcro fix for right ramp hangup Posted by cooked71 (1 year ago)

Post #1258 Detailed pictures for adjusting a misbehaving trap door Posted by foobeer (1 year ago)

Post #1332 Getting access to computer in backbox on Dialed In Posted by hank527 (1 year ago)

Post #1347 Ball trap location. Posted by Kevlar (1 year ago)

Post #1377 Fix for USB at the coin door not working Posted by Pinhead1982 (1 year ago)

Post #1391 Fix for Tilt Bob not working all of a sudden Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #1431 Adjustment point to grease for trap door to operate smoothly Posted by LTG (1 year ago)

Post #1451 Adjusting arm on Quantum Mechanic Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #2507 How to get in backbox to check audio connections Posted by pinstadium (1 year ago)

Post #2661 DIY Lighting how-to for sides of Dialed In backglass Posted by lyonsden (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#329 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Plays great! Came with the SIM card hole protector in place, and everything shoots well for now. Side ramps, trap door, and theater shots are all set perfectly.
Build date was 8.16.2017.
I put it next to WoZ in the bigger room. Kind of wish that I had put it by Twilight Zone, but I'm not moving it again, even if it's just down the hall.

Sweet. Very nice lineup!

Just curious is a metal hole protector on the kickout below the phone as well?

2 months later
#1313 1 year ago

Gotta love JJP's way of announcing the code update considering the timing, lol.

22894214_1739810592704196_3934116465318738581_n (resized).jpg

5 months later
#3544 1 year ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Hey gang,
I put together a little unboxing / "first play" / discussion video on Dialed In. I know there are plenty of YouTube videos already on DI (mine is DI:LE #132) ... but I just thought I would share:
» YouTube video
Thanks as always.
Chris

Just got around to watching this, great video, thanks! I'm now considering purchasing a Dialed In for my next pinball machine.

#3572 1 year ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Thanks for the info, I am indeed concerned with quality of the clear coat, I don't mean to dredge up this topic again. I am mostly concerned with what my play field will look like down the road. I will make sure to keep a good coat of Wax on it, hopefully saving me from replacing the PF in a couple years. Not sure why JJP doesn't use the same clear coat as TH and WOZ. My TH is still in immaculate condition after nearly 1000 plays.

I'm considering buying a NIB Dialed In LE and I'm interested in knowing as well if clear coat chipping is still an issue on the latest games. I have a Hobbit as well and like you said no issues with clear chipping on it even without Cliffy protectors.

#3574 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Haven’t seen any issues on mine, build Jan 2018, full real cliffys installed factory.

Good to hear. When you say "real Cliffys installed factory" are those the JJP Cliffy type protectors or did JJP install the official Cliffy protectors on your game at the factory? That would be awesome if they are offering the latter as an option.

#3585 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Actual real cliffies, installed at the factory starting the end of Jan 2018. Haven't heard any chipping complaints since they made the switch, but the shooter lane cliffies are not included, so you need to contact cliff if you want that.

Oh wow, that's great to hear! Thanks. Are the Cliffys included from the factory for the phone, SIM card and skill shot?

Update: Found out its sim card and phone scoop based on info from JJP's site

#3587 1 year ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

Whelp my happy new phone fix was incredibly short lived. Upon start up to (my first time since I installed the new phone and video card) the colors are washed out and have a purple tint. I tried power cycling the machine and plugging and unplugging the vga to no effect.
While it now it at least boots each time I’m not thrilled about this new issue. I just reached back out to Stephen at JJP.
Has anyone with this color issue been able to resolve with a new phone?
This is my new replacement phone and video card I just installed on Sunday. My machine is on 1.52 as I got it NIB about a month ago.
Ugh.

I wonder if this is a software issue at this point? Under a full install of 1.5, before going to 1.52, does it still have the issue?

#3595 1 year ago
Quoted from knobstone:

To be clear with my previous post, yes there are adjustments needed to be made. Less so on the newer builds of DI. But nothing major, nor time consuming. Removing the mylar from both the theater magnet and drone magnet should not take more than an hour. All you need is an exacto knife, and goo gone to remove the adhesive from both magnets. I used a q-tip dipped in goo gone to remove the glue from both magnets, and removed the the theater magnet from the bottom of the playfield. Saved a lot of time, as you do not have to remove the theater.
Removing the mylar from the magnets makes a major difference with the performance of the magnets.

With the mylar removed around the magnet core isn't there a risk of chipping? Chipping around the magnet core of Metallica is very common if mylar hasn't been put down around it. When I owned a Metallica pro I put a square of mylar over the magnet core / around it then cut out the area around the core, never had an issue.

#3606 1 year ago

Yeah that mega phone is cool! Darn now this may cost me some more money if I buy a Dialed In.

If you have an exposed ceiling above your game get one of the mounts below (allows for ceiling or joist mount) and install it above or to the side of your game to mount the LCD.

aadb7edc-5f3e-4099-b958-a4a06ee1da32_1.b07f392623cc024fd7bf3fa5821a4c5b (resized).jpeg

#3612 1 year ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Another reason to buy JJP games. Industry shaming support of their products.
JJP - Taking the industry by the ear and dragging it into the future.

I called up JJP recently to ask a tech related question regarding a future game purchase and Frank was more then happy to answer it. When I called another well known pinball manufacturer last year about multiple cabinet issues that were being reported at the time (as I was getting ready to purchase one of their pins) I was told rather directly "there are no issues, some just didn't get enough glue"....yeah.

#3614 1 year ago

Placed an order today with my distributor for a Dialed In LE. I asked my distributor if I could get a game with the newest production date possible. Well, he managed to get me a game coming off the line tomorrow so that works! Really excited to get this game.

#3617 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

U wont be disappointed.... have had mine since june/july and thousands of games. Its still my go to pin and really the only one i play and ive had some great pins over the past year and still do.
Have you put some time on one ?

That's great to hear. It seems like all of the feedback I've read about the game has been really good. I've had a chance to play one a couple times and enjoyed it. When I last played a Dialed In the code was a bit older from where it's at now.

It's nice to see that JJP has added a good amount of code to the game since it's release. Based on one of Ted's recent comments over on the JJP Google Group it sounds like more code is still to come for the game!

#3622 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The game is definitely different, but the layout is kinda familiar. The TZ of the next generation. A better pin than WOZ IMO

Better then WOZ?! That's my favorite pin. Lol

dont_you_say_that_billy_madison.gif

#3630 1 year ago

One of the cool things I've noticed about Dialed In is how it has some shots and layout features similar to Pat's past games. I just noticed that the bottom 1/3 of Pat's unreleased Pinball 2000 game Wizard Block is represented fairly well in Dialed In. Pat appears to have originally gotten the "attack approaching" insert concept in Dialed In from his Wizard Block design.

8f0c5c58506f7f64d5215e8d14b9180fd80f1fa2 (resized).jpg

#3666 1 year ago

Has anyone installed the Dialed In Pingraffix blades on their game? They look pretty cool based on the pics.

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/dialed-in-pinblades-for-jersey-jack-pinball

#3685 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

The lighted ones that animate for Attack from Mars also work in Dialed In thematically and look great.
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/attack-from-mars-powerbladez

Those look very cool. If they matched the colors of the playfield more I would definitely consider ordering a set.

#3687 1 year ago

Just so I'm understanding things correctly rules wise there are essentially 3 wizard modes in the game? Chaos in Quantum City seems like a mid wizard mode that requires starting 6 / 11 disaster modes. Armageddon requires starting all disaster modes. Showdown requires 8 / 11 disaster modes to be completed and 8 SIM cards collected (representing the 8 letters in "Dialed In"). Does that sound correct?

#3694 1 year ago

Just curious, is there an option to have player pictures be displayed next to high scores?

#3698 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

It does that for Grand Champion, though.

That's cool. I hope an option is added to have a picture for the other high scores.

#3700 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

This is almost correct. To get to Showdown, you must collect 8 SIM cards, but you can also collect SIMs by beating the BOB Multiballs.

Good to know, thanks. From what I read to collect a SIM card you have to hit the SIM card shot. If you have a SIM card shot lit after completing an objective and drain is the SIM card shot still lit on the next ball?

#3703 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Not by default, but you can change the settings to make it stay for the next ball(s).

Cool, thanks! Looking forward to getting the game. Sounds like the ruleset is very deep and challenging

Mode wise I assume the game is complete at this point and the code items remaining are polish related?

#3705 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah it's been done that way for along time.

No, it's gone. Although there is a cheat cod....er...setting to hold them over to the next ball.

Haha, yeah.

Oh, here's another thing I've been wondering about Dialed In, lol. I was looking at the online manual the other night and was wondering how left orbit shots are pulled off. When the trap door is down and you hit a left orbit shot how does the ball pass under the the right ramp? Does the right ramp lift up to allow left orbit shots to pass under it?

#3713 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The orbit has an intentional incline to slow the ball down, which is very good design. You have FIVE possibilities with the left orbit: trap door gulps the ball, the incline slows it enough to settle in the skill shot (making for a strong feed to upper flipper), the incline slows it enough to settle in the pops, or you nail the shot with power and it comes around the flipper where you can shoot or let it come down to lower flippers.
It's simply not designed to be a Ritchie orbit. It is a multi-functional orbit, which suits Lawlor's style perfectly.

Wow, that sounds pretty cool and a testament to just how well Dialed In is designed. Thanks for the information.

Update: From another thread showing how the left orbit meets the right ramp area.

7c09fcadada98d1f54a815daefdf065ed407b85f.png (resized).jpg

#3755 1 year ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I'm going to get a Dialed In!!!!! Having some serious debate in my brain about the Standard vs LE. $1000 more and JJP really seemed to add the value.
The manual is nice, I'd probably buy one if I got a Standard. So that's $100
I like powder coated trim, probably a $400 value?
The Invisiglass, meh I have a spare sheet of PDI so that's a wash for me.
Do the lighted ramps make a big difference? IDK
So idk.....it's like a $500 jump for me to go to the LE....what do I do???

The standard is really nice as well but for $1k I thought the jump in price to the LE was worth it. With the LE you get the following items

1. Invisiglass - $300
2. Premium power coated trim (JJP does a really nice job with their powder coats) - $250
3. Lights ramps - can't really put a price on these as they are integrated into the game. The extra lights on the ramp really standout. I would put these at $150
4. Manual - $100 (JJP puts the nicest manuals out in pinball)
5. Laser etched backpanel - I would guess $50 - $100
6. 3D Quantum theater sign - $20 - $40, just a guess

$1,000 right there give or take. You could always use the spare sheet of PDI glass on another pin.

#3773 1 year ago

Had LE# 24 delivered today! Game was built on 4/13/18. I can't play the game though as fuse F706 which controls the trough VUK is blown I don't have any if the fuses on hand so will need to go out and get some tomorrow. The game is sure pretty to stare at though, lol. The rest of the game looks good!

20180425_190109 (resized).jpg
20180425_201757 (resized).jpg
20180425_221628 (resized).jpg

#3778 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Time Delay 6.3 Amp , one of those small 20mm fuses.
LTG : )

Thanks Lloyd, I appreciate the info. Is there a reason why that fuse blew on a new game?

#3780 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

You'll know if a new one blows right away.
Sometimes crap happens and never happens again. And sometimes there is a reason.
Watch the VUK for the ball trough. If it locks on at power up, a premature transistor failure on the I/O board. If not, you may be okay.
We shall hope for the best.

Thanks, will get the fuse replaced today or tomorrow. This is the first fuse I've had blow on one of my JJP games but it was really easy to find out which one blew thanks to the games menu, it's nice how the fuses are listed on screen.

20180425_221111 (resized).jpg

#3789 1 year ago

I fixed the F706 fuse blowing issue I was having on my game. With the playfield in the service position and a new fuse in the game the F706 solenoids would fire. Then I slowly lowered the playfield and noticed a quick spark at the ends of the lockdown bar tabs on the apron and the lockdown bar itself. I tried again, new fuse, same thing. Well, it turns out the culprit is either my electrical socket, the surge protector or the voltage regulator that I have the game plugged into.

I switched outlets to one I use for two other games (which are going through the same brand / type of surge protector and voltage regulator just on a different circuit) and the game works perfectly! I have two other games hooked up to the surge protector / voltage regulator (new Sterns with no fuses...) that Dialed In was plugged into it and haven't had an issue. I should probably figure out if something is disconnected on that outlet (ground), surge protector or voltage regulator. I have a test outlet plug and will check if the outlet is grounded and also test at the surge protector / voltage regulator. I don't think the surge protector or voltage regulator could be having issues but who knows.

I'm just glad the game now works and it isn't an issue with the game. Wow is Dialed In fun! I fixed the issue before getting ready for work this morning and when the selfie mode came on I thought "damn, I look terrible right now", lol.

#3795 1 year ago
Quoted from poup:

Born date has changed, it is now on sticker on the base cabinet, on early versions it was directly written on the backbox

Yeah, I noticed on mine it's on the base the cabinet.20180425_201757 (resized).jpg

#3797 1 year ago

My new Dialed In is now playing great except for one minor issue, a full plunge isn't getting the ball out of the shooter lane. I think I just need to move the shooter rod down a bit by adjusting the 3 bolts that hold the shooter rod to the bracket. The shooter rod is likely hitting towards the top of the ball versus the middle.

#3799 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Yes, mine is like this too. Just haven't fixed it yet.

I had the same issue on The Hobbit when I got it and needed to losen the 3 bolts for the shooter bracket, move the bracket down and then tighten it back up.

#3801 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

... built on Friday the 13th ... superstitions are nonsense, right?

As soon as I saw the date I thought "there better not be an issue with the game", lol.

#3803 1 year ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

The only thing that is still a problem on my machine: When the SIM card is lit, it takes an act of god to get a ball to drop in the hole. It is like there is a giant force field that corresponds to the SIM light. Sure enough, after I lose the ball and the light goes out, the ball drops in the hole all day long. Go figure.

Seems like a very challenging, yet fun, shot. Do you have the original JJP SIM card protector installed or the one from Cliffy? I heard with the Cliffy SIM protector that the shot is slightly easier to make.

#3825 1 year ago

Does anyone have any user set audio level settings for ideal sound quality that they would mind sharing?

#3862 1 year ago

Just a heads up for anyone getting a new Dialed In. Replace the balls! After 10 games or so games two of the stock balls already had gouges in them, and one even a small burr. I noticed a couple very light clear scratches that thankfully came out with Novus 2. I threw the stock balls away and replaced with premium Super Shiny balls.

#3865 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Something in the game tears them up. They are ok out of the bag(mine were) it sld use chrome ones but they magnetize and cause issues, so u have to use the softer carbon core ones unfortunately.

Yeah. I read in another thread to turn the power on the pops slightly down. Others have posted that changing to the premium Super Shiny balls solved their issues and that the balls are fine after 100's of plays. I'm just glad I noticed those two fine scratches before things got worse. A good 30 seconds or so of Novus 2 being wiped over the area took them out.

#3873 1 year ago
Quoted from Marvin:

No, the flippers are pretty much cannons on factory settings.

For sure. My game had both lower flippers set to 18 which is a few notches down from the default settings.

#3884 1 year ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

It's out for delivery! I'm stop #14, :-/ sounds like end of the day.....But today at any rate!

Awesome! I think you are really going to like it. I've had mine for less than a week and I'm having a blast. If you haven't already order a audio ground loop isolator, or better yet ask JJP for one, as there's a good chance your speakers will have static present due to electrical interference.

#3890 1 year ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

wellllll that didn't go well, delivery refused.
Glass busted, cabinet probably busted.

Oh no! Sorry to hear that. Thank goodness you refused delivery. My distributor uses R&L and it sounds like they have done a very good job shipping games. Maybe see if your distributor can use them for the replacement.

https://www.rlcarriers.com/

#3892 1 year ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

This was R&L.........

Damn, well nevermind, lol. Guess it just depends on whoever is moving the game if they are being careful or not.

1 week later
#3945 1 year ago

Does anyone have a QUED toy (electric guy) that is holding just 1 lightning bolt in both arms? Mine came lose and I need to hot glue it back on but I only see the 1 piece. Did JJP switch from using 2 separate lightning bolt plastics to 1 at some point?

#3948 1 year ago
Quoted from Marvin:

it has never been 2 pieces.

Quoted from Insanity199:

Sounds like yours was broken in half. It has always been one piece and there is no reason for glue, it pressure fits in there.
Mine was broken on delivery, JJP sent me a new one.

Thanks! I'll take a look at the part again tonight and ask my distributor to send me a new one from JJP.

#3964 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

A fuse is blown, loose plastics from missing screws and bolts scratched other plastics, broken lightning bolt, scratched and scuffed invisiglass from the loose plastics. Worst of all, unplayable today.

Which fuse blew on your game? I had F706 blow on mine and I'm pretty sure the issue was the auto shooter VUK was stuck open against the right tab of the apron and therefore resulting in a short. I bent that tab up a bit, replaced the fuse and everything has been fine since then.

If the Invisiglass is really scratched I would ask your distributor for a replacement. Are you sure it's not adhesive stuck on? Try buffing out with micro fiber cloth and an amomia free glass cleaner (I use Sparkle). Broken QUED lightning bolt seems to be common, had same issue. Which plastics are scratched?

Also, I would highly recommend tossing the balls that came from the factory. Those and even the Super Shiny premium carbon core balls can get pitted easily and scratch your playfield. Order the Ninja Chrome ones from Ball Baron, those work perfectly and hold up well.

#3966 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Thanks for the advice on the balls. I'll order some soon.
It is indeed the trough VUK which is also the left lane kickback. I'll check that out when I get home. I don't have a local store that has the fuse I need though, so I'm having to wait for some to come from Amazon tomorrow.
The glass is scratched pretty bad as well as Bob's sign and the plastic underneath it. There was only a single bolt out of three on it and it was swiveling around and hitting everything during shipping. I haven't gotten anything back from the JJ Support ticket yet, but from what I hear of them I'm certain they will take care of it for me.
Patience is hard though.

Ah ok, yeah that's the same fuse I had blowing, F706. Once you get a new fuse in there don't turn the game on yet, get the playfield lifted to a service position and then turn the game on to test the auto launcher and kickback. The issue I was having would occur as soon as I lowered the playfield back to the lockdown bar mech. Since the auto launcher was stuck open against the tab of the apron I believe it was providing a current to the apron which resulted in a short when I lowered the playfield and the apron tabs made contact with the lockdown bar mech.

Ted sent me some very helpful tips and items to check for that I can also pass along. He mentioned to check if a red 70v wire that provides power to the coils for items on F706 is making contact with the apron in anyway. On my game it wasn't. All I know is as soon as the auto launcher had proper clearance I never had another issue.

#4004 1 year ago

Had nearly all of my pins going today for a family get together. I was talking to my cousin who doesn't play pinball often about which game he liked playing the best. He's a huge Star Wars fan and while he really enjoyed playing my Star Wars LE he said his favorite to play was Dialed In! I asked him why and he said "It's just a lot of fun and has so many cool things in it" Everyone who played Dialed In tonight seemed to really enjoy playing it.

DSC01403 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#4184 1 year ago

Really glad to hear that another code update to complete animations and for a new mode (bonus!) are coming. Both of those items will help make Dialed In an even better game then it already is.

Any chance JJP adds a new city block and with additional disaster modes to the game? Hey I can dream

#4202 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Is that right? Another plus for JJP. My game was built in February so I guess it has Titans. And here I was just debating whether to put them in, not realizing I already had them.
I’m pretty sure the flippers are regular rubbers though. Those I will likely replace.

For the flipper rubbers I would highly recommend the ones by Perfect Play. I bought some red ones for my LE and they look and play great.

2 weeks later
#4425 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Comes out easily from below. With the new flap on it's longer. Move some stuff to wiggle it in from the top.

Did JJP update the ramp flap used on the trap door at some point? If so is it known when the switch to a longer ramp flap was made?

3 months later
#5445 1 year ago
Quoted from epotech:

OK, hate to do this really but...
JJP WHERE IS THE CODE? Last update was going on a year ago, my phone people still aren't animated.

Sounds like the next update should be coming soon, maybe it will be shown at Expo. From an October 1st posted "This Week In Pinball" interview with Jack.

"We have Dialed In LE games and literally a couple of CE games and again, a spectacular game that will also get another code update soon."

1 week later
#5512 1 year ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I should clarify my previous post regarding POTC. There's really no reason to be an early adopter in this hobby unless you have to have the newest item before others or if the item is super limited. "Patience is a virtue." The code and mechanical issues should be ironed out a little more if you wait a year or so.
Regarding toys, I would consider both pretty equivalent. They're both JJP games after all. Although, changing the spinning disc design and treasure chest functionality was a bummer. One thing I admire about POTC, probably more than anything, is the diverters for every shot. That's pretty cool and will allow the code to be flexible with the modes.
Overall, POTC and DI couldn't really be more different. Do you like upper play fields? Do you like wide body games? Do you like longer and more complicated games?

Good points. I've decided to hold off on Pirates at this time as there's a good chance there will be some minor hardware tweaks on the game with those being made 6 months from now. It was nice buying a Dialed In LE a year after release as it had all of the latest hardware changes / tweaks made. For these types of prices I don't want to deal anymore with the headaches of installing update kits.

In regards to Pirates vs Dialed In I would have to pick Dialed In. If Pirates still had the original 3x spinning disk and the opening / closing chest I would pick Pirates. Losing those items yet the price of the game still being $9500 is huge bummer as both of those toys, especially the 3x spinning disk, were a big appeal to the game for a lot of buyers. For me to spend $9k on a game it had to blow me away with features, Dialed In LE did. For $9500 I needed something that went beyond Dialed In LE. Pirates did that with the original features but doesn't with the way the game is today in my opinion. Older gameplay videos with the 3x spinning disk are pretty awesome as the ball was manipulated in multiple ways and the mech just looked awesome. The new smaller single spinning disk doesn't seem to really move the ball around that much and it seems very rare when it actually does.

#5515 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Exciting stuff!!!!! Thanks for posting, Eric!

Yeah, can't wait! Looking forward to seeing what is being added to the game

#5519 1 year ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

We will be releasing the code shortly after Expo, after it has been thoroughly tested there. Yes, it will be playable on our DI machines there.
Cheers!

Awesome. Do you think there's a chance we will see release notes on Monday, during Expo, or will they be released once it's available to the public?

#5523 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Hmmmmm. Is this some sort of hint? Could it be a new disaster mode? Say with some prehistoric animals? Sneaky classic Jurassic Park reference there.

That would be awesome and would go along well with the theme!

#5538 1 year ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Mezel Mods Topper installed!
Hell yes
[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks pretty cool. Every time I've checked out the topper on their site it's been out of stock, hope they get more in.

#5576 1 year ago

Lots of cool stuff from what I'm hearing and seeing so far. Theater mulitiball sounds very cool, looking forward to playing it. Also, the changes to scoring with the Bob modes is a nice modification and will help make them more valuable (as well as make it easier to obtain SIM cards from them). The additional animations for the phone will really help give the game a complete feeling.

1 week later
#5679 11 months ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

Clarification: Your observation relates to what was shared in the stream a week ago. The code in games at the JJP booth at Pinball Expo is newer than what was shared on the stream. No static images. All of the phone character animations are in.
I don't have a firm release date yet. I'm aiming to have new code posted early next week. I'm still waiting on a few items.
--Ted

That's great to hear Ted, thanks. Looking forward to seeing the new animations and playing Theater Multiball.

#5723 11 months ago

I'm personally in the camp of supporting the way SIM cards are collected as of today. There are 3 wizard modes in the game and only the last requires all of the SIM cards to be collected. I think having to collect all of the SIM cards for the games final wizard mode should be extremely difficult and be something that is only achieved on an incredible game. Reducing the difficulty to achieve the mode would diminish the challenge, and the reward of reaching the games final wizard mode.

Dialed In's final wizard mode is this games Valinor and Somewhere Over the Rainbow super wizard mode where only rarely do you hear of someone reaching it on default settings. It's a mode where as an owner of the game you can try to reach it for years and always have something to go after because of it.

A cousin of mine has had a LOTR since it was released, has played over 5k games on it and just recently reached Valinor. He was blown away that after over 10 years of ownership and 5k games that he still discovered a new mode to play. That's what a super mode like Showdown in Dialed In are for

#5727 11 months ago

Heres a crazy idea. With the next update pretty much completing the code would anyone consider paying X number of dollars for a second city block of disaster modes? Typically I would be against such an idea but Dialed In's code is super deep and offers a lot to do. A second city block of 11 additional disaster modes would appear on the LCD and change the entire look of the LCD as it would be another area of Quantum City. Maybe at the start of the game you select what block of modes you want to play.

#5730 11 months ago

Good points. I also think it may open a slippery slope of companies including less code initially to only offer it later as "DLC".

#5774 11 months ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

It looks like the TAF Fester's chair is shown in the manual. I know I've also seen the TZ gumball machine, too. There's likely other references.
This game is so cool.
[quoted image]

Oh yeah, sure is. At times I miss the TZ that I sold for Dialed In but I feel that a piece of TZ lives on in Dialed In as a couple shots really remind me of the game, same with the gameplay. Dialed In itself seems like it's paying homage to all of Pats great games through its code and gameplay. Overall its an incredible game.

#5818 11 months ago

Quick rules question. For the games main multiball, Under Attack, how do you lock additional balls beyond 2? I started the mode today and had a 4 ball version of it going but not sure how I added the 2 additional balls to the mode before it started. Also is there a way during the multiball to add a ball?

Just a side note, hit big bang and then the ball immediately bounced off something into the SIM card shot which collected the SIM card. Very cool game!

#5823 11 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Hit scoop 3 times to add a ball and you also probably started a bob mb with the main mb. Also the main mb gets progressively harder and u lock one more ball everytime

Ah ok cool, makes sense. Thank you!

4 months later
#7435 7 months ago

Just a couple notes I wanted to add to the thread.

1. I was having issues with balls sticking together in the ball trough. I'm using Ninja Chrome balls from Ball Baron as they hold up very well. The Bally / Williams plastic trough shim so far has fixed the issue.

2. Setting the upper flipper power to 14 results in the SIM card shot being a bit easier to hit (my game has a Cliffy at the SIM card shot installed), can still hit side ramp shot just fine.

3 weeks later
#7516 6 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I had one of my best games today. Got DIALE and over 4.5 mill. Reached Armageddon for the first time too. So awesome!

Wow, awesome! Just curious, does your shaker motor seem to slightly go off or pulsate when the games main multiball is ready to start at the scoop? Just want to make sure that's normal.

#7518 6 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Yeah. The phone rings and the game "vibrates" just like a regular cell phone.

Ok cool, thanks! I was worried something was wrong with my game lol.

#7532 6 months ago

Not sure if anyone has ever noticed this as you may not have had as bad of a ball as I did. I don't think I even hit one shot before I drained. I got 800 points and on the screen noticed it said the points were a "participation award" lol. That was pretty good.

3 months later
#8243 88 days ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

[quoted image]

Awesome news! Can't wait, great to hear that Dialed In is getting another code update

#8249 87 days ago

Anyone else ever get the "participation award"? I had a ball where I hit nothing, no ball save and saw on screen that I was awarded 800 points as a participation award lol! Nice touch.

#8275 86 days ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Thinking about selling my Dialed In LE to get a Wonka LE. Should i do it? Yes, No!

Personally I think Dialed In has more going on toys / feature wise, has deeper code, and is the pin with the better theme integration at this time. Nearly all of the iconic scenes from Willy Wonka are played as silent clips on loop in Wonka, I don't understand using the assets that way.

#8285 86 days ago
Quoted from drizzt76:

I might watch the twitch a little, just to see if JJP implemented the recommended changes (thanks PipleYYY for logging them!). Preferably I'm going to wait to see any surprises on my own game. Maybe have our own family New Code Launch Party if I know the code is better.

Same, will probably just watch a little at the beginning to hear about any of the release notes and changes. No spoilers lol.

#8293 85 days ago

Some very nice changes! Game appears to have become very polished.

#8311 85 days ago
Quoted from jorant:

I didn't see much that blew me away on this stream. It is pretty much the same game minus a few things (progress towards quantum theater multiball is shown, "now you're dialed in" plays if you fast forward the multiball into, and emoji mode has more points?) That's all I saw.

It's likely going to be subtle changes and polish from here on out as all modes are now in the game. Thats still good though as it makes modes more engaging, balanced, and less buggy.

I wouldn't mind another city block of unique disaster modes being added I can dream.

#8411 82 days ago

Updated from 1.57 to 1.60 to 1.71 yesterday. Game is playing well. During the "EMP" strike mode I noticed a bit more magnet action which prior to updated seemed to always result in a drain down the middle.

If anyone has an issue creating a 1.60 ISO I recommend trying Rufus.

https://rufus.ie/

#8490 80 days ago

I got around to installing an LED mod for the translite, really dig it. Theres so much more artwork around the translite that is now visible. Bad game though on ball 3, lol, got to almost 800k the next game!

20190728_115821 (resized).jpg

#8504 79 days ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I wonder if there will ever be a 12th disaster as there is one missing to fill the display of the phone. Would at least be a challenge to have this as a secret mission or something.

Yes! Great idea.

3 weeks later
#8801 58 days ago

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue. Shots to the SIM card are not registering, or at least don't appear to be. When I hit the SIM card skill shot nothing occurs (no animation / points awarded), went to collect a SIM card and same behavior (no animation / sound effects). However, in the switch matrix I can see the #19 "SIM CARD Scoop Enter" switch activate when I drop a ball in. Also, when I do hit the SIM card shot the ball does get ejected from the phone scoop without delay. I'm running the latest code, recently installed, but I believe I did see the SIM card feature activate a week or so ago when I was playing on the same code version.

Any suggestions?

Capture (resized).JPG

#8810 58 days ago

Thank you so much, that was it! I tightened the opto boards a bit mounted to the QUED mech and reset the opto cables, SIM card now collects!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 8,000.00
$ 189.00
$ 2.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside