IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nettek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8372 4 years ago

I went back to 1.57 after trying 1.6 and 1.61 out because the inconsistency in coil power drove me nuts. The most noticeable aspect of it on my machine is the spotlight that illuminates Betty. Soon after upgrading to 1.60, I noticed that the Betty spotlight was flickering, even in attract mode. I changed the LED, checked connections and nothing fixed it. I also noticed that the kick out from the phone scoop was all over the place. One other interesting point was that occasionally after power up, the Betty spotlight would be OK in attract mode. If I played games then, the coils would be more consistent. After another power cycle, it would go back to flickering again and the coils would be all inconsistent again as well.

I went back to 1.57 and all of that cleared up. So once more, I upgraded to 1.61. The first power cycle after the upgrade, everything came up solid, and I thought "good - something must have gone wrong the last time I tried the upgrade." Played a stack of games and enjoyed the new features. Came back the next day, powered it up, the Betty spotlight was flickering again and sure enough, couldn't make the consistent shots I'd been making, and the phone scoop kick out was all over the place again. That's when I noticed that I could repeatedly power cycle the machine and occasionally get everything to work OK.

So I ended up going back to 1.57 and hoped JJP would fix it in the next update. At one point I was going to hook up my oscilloscope across one of the coils and get some screenshots of the differences between versions. I ended up not doing it because I was sure they'd fix it. Looks like I might have to give it a go this weekend.

#8396 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Foes the inconsistent phone scoop kick cause almost for there to be done ‘english’ on the ball (like in pool) where it seems to spin towards a drain btwn flippers? That seems to happen to me every 6-10 phone scoop ejects and it takes a good shove to save it..

On 1.57 on mine, 9 out of 10 times, I hold the right flipper up and the ball will come out of the scoop, bounce lightly on the flipper and be trapped. On 1.6 and above, it goes all over the place. Sometimes it flies out so hard it hits the habitrail above the scoop, other times it takes two kicks to get it out of the scoop. It also sometimes hits the right slingshot and occasionally goes STDM as well. It's very noticeable. Best way to test it is to go into the coil test for the kickout, put it on repeat and keep feeding the ball in.

I have the older model H81M-P33 motherboard in my DI.

#8474 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

More play testing on 1.71 and I'm now seeing even worse variations in coil strength than ever. Up until now things were not bad, but the last game I played was different. The phone scoop kickout got weak enough that once it couldn't kick the ball out of the scoop. That's the first time that happened on my game. The kickback was inconsistently weak as well.
Does anyone think this is affecting the flippers also, or just the standard coils?
Has anyone gone back to 1.57 yet?
Rob

I upgraded to 1.71 yesterday. Betty lamp was flickering again after the upgrade. Ran the magnet test and it was all over the place, even after trying to tune it. Then put the ball down the phone scoop in test mode and again it was variable how it kicked out. Played a dozen or so games and it's noticeable. Even the autoplunge varies in strength. The phone animations lagged badly as well.

Put it back on 1.57 and it's all good again. Magnet test is way more consistent, eject from the phone scoop goes to the base of the right flipper every time and the Betty lamp stays on solid. Phone animations are good again.

I'm happy to stay on 1.57. It's feature complete and my game plays well on it.

#8484 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Which processor speed does your DI have? Production date?

I have the Celeron G1840 on the H81M-P33 motherboard. Build date was 24 October 2017.

Apart from the faster processor, did they ever install a different motherboard in these?

#8486 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

So are we saying if you don’t have a certain processor, the update will not work?

No, the update works regardless of processor. Some people, myself included, have reported some inconsistency in coil firing strength and in animation speeds and sync since the 1.60 release.

The question has arisen if this might be due to the different hardware installed in the games during its production run.

#8598 4 years ago

I was playing while wearing a Funhouse t-shirt which has a drawing of Rudy on it. The face detection picked Rudy's face instead of mine and displayed it on the high score table. I thought that was a nice touch.

#8654 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

So is there any secret to removing the head ( are there major disconnects in the harness for example) or do I just have to remove all the connectors in the head like I would a WMS game?
I just thought my Hobbit was fairly simple to pull out the playfield and a shame if DI is not easy.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I did it when I brought my DI home - it's not too hard, and yes, it's similar to a WPC game. Just take lots of photos.

8 months later
#10233 4 years ago
Quoted from Thot:

have made a stl file for this problem pt on my potc and DICE

Hi, did you publish the stl anywhere, or could you send me copy? I was going to design one myself, but if you've already done it, that would save me the trouble.

Thanks

3 months later
#10914 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I'm missing mine too. Don't think I've ever needed it.

Might be worth getting one - Bluetooth connection to headphones and speakers is currently under beta test.

#10917 3 years ago
Quoted from Thot:

i made a stl file for 3d printer if someone want it, i have made for dialed in, is not exactly the same for Potc so i have 2 files[quoted image]

Thanks for creating this and sending the STL. It prints and fits perfectly.

IMG_20200802_152318 (resized).jpgIMG_20200802_152318 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#11441 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

does DI have wifi capability yet? Just noticed Scorbit added support for JJP games.
Cheers,
Neil.

There is WiFi for DI, it's under beta test at the moment. It was just announced on the beta testers group that Scorbit integration will be in the next beta release for it.

7 months later
#11939 2 years ago

It does in the beta release.

#11941 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You sure about that ?
LTG : )

Pretty sure....

Screenshot_20210704-085917 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210704-085917 (resized).png
1 month later
#12046 2 years ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

Not yet for dialed in

Yes it is, I'm running it. There's an open beta channel for it.

#12051 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

So, how do I get the BETA release for my DI? What code do I need to be running first?

Have a look here... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-open-beta-program

#12067 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Is the beta code have any game play differences or it just add the score bit and wifi stuff?

Just Scorbit and WiFi updates.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 22.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nettek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=nettek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.