Topic Stats

• 9,349 posts
  • 505 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 minutes ago by NightTrain
  • Topic is favorited by 175 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,122 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

5CC58065-A49F-4026-88D4-6BCA684A9937 (resized).jpeg
DITrap (resized).JPG
97E55CF6-7B4D-48F8-A538-ED978827C7DA (resized).jpeg
91A790A6-A8F0-4357-A429-8A34B2B071B1 (resized).jpeg
2FA68F6F-FF94-4B2D-A3DE-3996F2A6E843 (resized).jpeg
Rubber (resized).jpg
Cliffy2 (resized).jpg
Cliffy1 (resized).jpg
Cliffy3 (resized).jpg
20191003_181551 (resized).jpg
ScreenJJP (resized).jpg
showdown (resized).jpg
25389D20-1022-4992-9032-DC58F7E0D621 (resized).jpeg
E0A0B586-7AF4-483C-9C4B-D556087D9FF7 (resized).jpeg
FB41E8CD-4A3A-4540-AD90-BACF76CA6A6E (resized).jpeg
bigrock (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (2 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (2 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (2 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (1 year ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (1 year ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (1 year ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (1 year ago)

Post #1253 Velcro fix for right ramp hangup Posted by cooked71 (1 year ago)

Post #1258 Detailed pictures for adjusting a misbehaving trap door Posted by foobeer (1 year ago)

Post #1332 Getting access to computer in backbox on Dialed In Posted by hank527 (1 year ago)

Post #1347 Ball trap location. Posted by Kevlar (1 year ago)

Post #1377 Fix for USB at the coin door not working Posted by Pinhead1982 (1 year ago)

Post #1391 Fix for Tilt Bob not working all of a sudden Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #1431 Adjustment point to grease for trap door to operate smoothly Posted by LTG (1 year ago)

Post #1451 Adjusting arm on Quantum Mechanic Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #2507 How to get in backbox to check audio connections Posted by pinstadium (1 year ago)

Post #2661 DIY Lighting how-to for sides of Dialed In backglass Posted by lyonsden (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moonduckie78.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#314 2 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I just ordered an LE today from Automated Services and it's shipping today. They just received stock and there is no wait. These where built last week. I have to research this thread and see what I need to do to keep the playfield protected!

I've heard THAT SHIT from Automated before. DO NOT trust them on their word. Their verbal assurance is worth SHIT.
I ordered a WOZ75 from them in Feb.2017 and stated explicitly, several times, that I was ONLY interested in purchasing a unit with a build date AFTER 12/15/16 and I kept being told "SUUUURE....NO PROBLEM.....THESE ONES JUST CAME IN LAST WEEK."

Mine shows up with a date of 11/27/16. Stamped right there on the box. I am FURIOUS. I call up and I'm given the runaround now, about how they can't control what gets pulled from their warehouse, and there is really no indication on the box what the manufacture date is anyway (BULLSHIT!). I decide to bite the bullet and accept delivery anyway (MY BAD!) and I ended up having months and months of headaches with that particular unit.

Screw Automated Services. I would take ANYTHING they tell you when trying to make a sale with an EXTREME GRAIN OF SALT.
You should do that anyway, with ANY salesperson......but twice as salty with these jerks.

My 2 cents...

3 weeks later
#493 2 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Even people who have been going there for months still don't realize there is a room full of pinball machines way in the back.

I was in Denver to see Phish recently, and I drove to Boulder to visit my niece at CU, and we met up at Press Play specifically because I wanted to finally play Dialed In before I placed an order for a LE. Loved it. Cool place and the game was in great shape. I was sad that WOZ was turned off, though. I actually LIKED how the pinballs were tucked away in that back room. It was quieter back there. Felt like we had the whole place to ourselves. This was on a Thursday night.

1 week later
#612 2 years ago

Does Dialed In NOT have a 'Jack In The Back' audio port on the back of the machine, like WOZ does?
I was planning on connecting an external sub this way.

2 weeks later
#810 1 year ago
Quoted from branlon8:

anybody know the weight of a DI ?

I believe it's about 350 lbs. Definitely feels as heavy as WOZ.

#811 1 year ago

Got my DI LE last Friday. Machine born on 10/5/17. There was no mylar installed in front of the slings. Should I get some in there immediately? Already noticing the playfield getting lots of scuffs. Much more than my WOZ.

#836 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Can you post a pic?

Playfield 4 (resized).JPG

Playfield 2 (resized).JPG

#843 1 year ago

Anyone else noticing a ton of scratches on their playfields already? See pics above. Mine still has less than 100 games. Not seeing nearly this much wear & tear on my WOZ75 even after 900 games! What is happening to my DILE?

1 week later
#1112 1 year ago

Quoted from Bigbossfan:And it wasn't tipped or dropped during shipping as that arrow thing they put on the box that will show if this happened was fine.

JJP forgot to pull the tab on the Tip & Tell indicator on my DILE, so even if it WAS dropped, I would never know.

#1114 1 year ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Understood, but with the split being at the front of the machine, I would suspect a split would happen at the back of the machine if it was dropped.
Either way, as others have mentioned, I have no doubt/hope that JJP will make good on the issues.

That's someone else, but mine has a split too, on the bottom right front of the machine. My distributor has fwded pics to JJP but have heard nothing back yet. This is definitely NOT shipping damage. It's split, but it's not loose or moving.

IMG_8326 (resized).JPG

IMG_5894 (resized).JPG

#1122 1 year ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

What is the tip and tell indicator? Don't think I noticed one (and my box was banged up/ripped)

This was on the outside of my shipment. Unfortunately, the plastic tab hadn't been pulled, so it couldn't do its job.

04152014tipntell (resized).jpg

#1285 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The two switches on my left ramp (the one by Betty and the one after that, not the one at the entrance) have very loose actuator arms. Is anyone else's like that. Trying to see if it's normal. Usually the arms are firm on switches.

I think mine are pretty loose as well. Born date 10/5/17. Haven't had any issues with them though.

#1310 1 year ago
Quoted from JMK:

So, just to quickly clarify, is this 1.5 a Delta or Full Install?
Since this is my first JJP pin, is there much difference when downloading (between the two) from the JJP site?
Thanks!

Full Install, and yes, the procedure is quite different. Follow directions on JJP site for Full Install.
Use UNETBOOTIN.EXE

#1312 1 year ago
Quoted from JMK:

Thanks Kev & Moonduckie- will be my first JJP update, hope it goes smoothly.
Great game all around.

Make sure you use a USB drive over 8GB, and make sure you format it to FAT32 (if using Windows).
Follow the directions and it should go smooth.

Quoted from Connor:

Currently installing the ISO to my flash drive and I was asked if I want to overwrite menu.c32. Anyone know what I should do here?

Click YES TO ALL. That's what I did. Worked fine.

#1314 1 year ago
Quoted from andre060:

In case you were wondering which USB port to use on Dialed In for the update - the installation instructions alongside the download don't include this info, but the 2.0 manual does:
"Remove the USB stck from your personal computer. Power your game down and insert the USB stck you burned into the USB cable atached to the cabinet divider, behind the coin box, just inside your game’s coin door."
So, no need to get into the back box to update. Nice!

Yes, no need to open the backbox. Just remove the Bluetooth dongle currently attached to the USB cable behind the coin box, and don't forget to plug it back in when you're all done.

#1315 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Gotta love JJP's way of announcing the code update considering the timing, lol.

Totally using this as my Attract Mode custom graphic!

#1321 1 year ago

So, what does PHONE OVERCHARGE mode do?

I see that if I hit QED too many times, the little battery indicator on the phone screen starts going above 100%, but what does this DO?

#1337 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I've been reading about scratches that appear where the flippers are? Any preventative measure to stop this from happening?

Make sure Jack's factory balls (LOL) are in good condition.
If you do get the lower playfield scratches (which I did...BAD!), a rubdown with some One Grand Blitz Wax (or a similar brand of carnauba wax) on the problem area can really help make them MUCH less noticeable.

#1338 1 year ago

My new custom attract mode graphic!

IMG_4713 (resized).JPG

#1339 1 year ago

Ok, so here's an issue I'm having, which I haven't seen discussed before. Maybe I missed it. Hopefully there's an easy, low-tech fix?

Any low frequency (bass) sounds cause my cabinet to rattle and vibrate quite loudly. Specifically, it mostly seems to be coming from the left side rail. If I pull the glass forward just a bit, so it's not fully inserted into the cabinet's rear glass channel, the left side rail stops making the rattling noise.....but of course, I can't insert the lockdown bar like this. As soon as I slide the glass all the way back into the rear glass channel, that left side rail starts rattling like a snake whenever the game's audio plays any low frequencies. I'm not blasting the volume, either. I always keep it between 22-24.
Actually, I can get it to make this ugly rattling noise without the game even being on. Merely tapping on the rear glass channel will cause that left side rail to start rattling. With the game audio playing, it's just rattles that much louder!
It's really annoying. None of my other pins do this.
At first, I thought I had a blown speaker, but I soon discovered the sound was coming from the cabinet itself.

Anyone's thoughts are greatly appreciated!!!! <3

#1489 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Do you still need to hold the buttons with the new updated app and 1.50 pin software?

Yes. But now, in 1.50, once the game 'sees' the phone app's bluetooth signal, the backbox LCD will prompt you to hold down the left buttons to connect your device.

3 weeks later
#1849 1 year ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Its not a bug, they just haven't finished the animations for everything yet.

Do we know for sure that they actually INTEND to include more animations in a future update?

#1852 1 year ago

Gotta love those JJP updates!

1 week later
#1981 1 year ago
Quoted from hornisse69:

I hear all the time a loud noise from the speakers and the Fan is very very loud.... (like my woman stands in front of me with a hoover)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/icpy7u693jr43o2/AAB9OnsSHDhV7QCg_SR9pr-ya?dl=0
Today i will try to change the Fan..but i am not sure if this will fixed the problem.
Someone have other Idea...
Thanks for help....

That definitely doesn't sound normal.

1 month later
#2632 1 year ago

Concerning the reports of playfield scratches, look to the area circled below as one of the other possible causes of damage to balls, which in turn can lead to playfield scratches.

On the most recent DI builds, I believe this piece is being bent slightly to the right, so the tip is positioned somewhat behind the stand up target, and balls can no longer strike the edge directly.

DILE (resized).jpg

#2647 1 year ago

Here is how that piece is now being bent at the factory to prevent ball damage.

00D9B0D8-67C9-4346-96B9-B02A541846E0 (resized).jpeg

#2669 1 year ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Just quote this post and say "please do"

Please do

2 weeks later
#2930 1 year ago

Glad to hear Cliff worked something out with JJP.

I would still definitely recommend investing in a set of Cliffy SWITCH SLOT PROTECTORS though. On my first DILE (long story), the inlane return switch slots (ESPECIALLY the right one, which got hammered repeatedly because the full plunge on DI is soooo satisfying!!!) started to show damage from ball drops after only 100-ish games.

Also...for anyone who has bounce-backs or bounce-outs at the left ramp exit.....have JJP send you the free plastic guard. Totally fixed my issues, and it really isn't too noticeable. I don't get quite HOW it prevents the bounce-backs (as opposed to how it fixes bounce-outs, which is obvious), but IT DID.

1 week later
#2987 1 year ago
Quoted from whitey:

Put my order in , was going to sell my TZ, but having that, AF,FH together I cant break em up
Cliffys ? Anything I should look for or do before set up is appreciated.
Back in the day we just put legs on and played em !

i would suggest putting cliffys on those inlane switch slots, for sure.

#2994 1 year ago

FACT: Tony Pepperoni might be a pizza delivery guy, but he knows an EMP strike when he sees it!!!!

Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 9.12.16 AM (resized).png

#2995 1 year ago

Hey........been meaning to ask. Anyone else ever noticed this little 'easter egg'?

If you look closely at the bottom of the phone's plastic case, you'll notice a small circle with the JJP logo 'stamped' into the plastic, right in the spot where an iPhone's Home button would be.

Nice touch! Barely noticeable. Can't see it on the picture, but take a close look at your machine. It's there!

Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 9.22.00 AM (resized).png

#3004 1 year ago

Anyone ever have an issue where one of the pop bumpers gets triggered randomly? The ball isn't even anywhere near that area of the playfield, but sometimes one of the pop bumpers will fire when I press the flipper button or if the ball hits elsewhere on the machine. Like, I think it maybe has something to do with vibrations. I don't know. Just started happening recently. What can I look for?

#3007 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Pop switch needs ajusted... probably to close.

This just a leaf switch under the playfield?

#3025 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes, by the offending pop bumper. The long leaf with the spoon should just be resting on the plastic rod coming down from the pop bumper skirt, not pushing it. The lower leaf blade should be far enough away so vibration doesn't set it off, yet the slightest ball hit does.
A little tweaking and you'll get it dialed in.
LTG : )

Thank you so much, ltg! That worked perfectly. No more random pop bumper firings!
I love how almost every time something needs an adjustment or a tweak, I learn a little bit more about how these machines work, and I grow a little more confident in my ability to fix it!

2 weeks later
#3198 1 year ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

I didn't do all of it. I had lots of help. In fact, I wrote none of the Skill Shot, "bucket" rules, or Bonus stuff. I had to go look at the code to make sure I got the details correct.
--Ted

Ted,

Just out of curiosity, is there any single area of the code you wrote for this game, which you could point to and say THAT is the part you are most proud of.......or the most challenging.........or was the most time consuming........anything like that? Just wondering if there is anything that really stands out in your memory from the time you spent working on Dialed In.

#3229 1 year ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

How is the quality of powdercoat on your machine's lockdown bar? Mine looks a bit like it would have been handpainted with a brush.

Mine doesn't have those weird dots, but it definitely has the brushstroke thing going on.

1 week later
#3372 1 year ago
Quoted from geoncic:

I am soooo excited. I just bought my first pin, and it's a NIB Dialed In SE. It should be shipping out today! If there is one thing I should do to this machine before I start playing, what should it be? (Assuming I've read the manual and set up as recommended already)
I was planning on getting some cliffy protectors, but I do not see them on the cliffy website (passionforpinball). Are they not being made anymore?

As others have said, your phone hole and SIM hole are already protected. But I STRONGLY recommend you (and everyone else!) order a pair of Cliffy's UNIVERSAL SWITCH SLOT PROTECTORS for the inlanes. The left & right ramp inlane returns drop down right over those switch slots, and I started to see very minor wear/cracking/denting after only a few hundred games. Would've hated to see it get any worse. Get those slots covered! Literally a 5 minute install.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/switchslot.htm

#3402 1 year ago
Quoted from BigT:

If you don’t remove the Mylar on the magnet, it gets destroyed by the ball and eventually you will have to replace it.

the mylar, or the magnet?

1 week later
#3439 1 year ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Where is the red stuck pixel, is it in the very top right corner? If so, it's not a stuck pixel, it's JJPs, version of a credit dot and you have a game malfunction.

That'd be one GIGANTIC f'ing pixel!

#3441 1 year ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Agreed, it's not a single pixel for the credit dot, but I've seen people unfamiliar with DI specifically call it that. It is a small red spot in the very corner.

Agreed. And if it WAS just a single dead pixel, they probably wouldn't even notice it.

#3520 1 year ago

As far as scratched playfields, I know that some of the earlier builds of DI had a particularly nasty metal edge, located at the right of the theater entrance, which could really damage a ball when hit directly...and then, those damaged balls would really scratch the hell out of the playfield. Seen it happen. On later builds, JJP started bending the tip of that metal piece to the right a little bit, so the ball couldn't strike the sharp edge directly.

Pictures are taken from earlier posts in this thread. Red circle is original problematic edge. Green circle shows the JJP fix on later builds.

926c5b7ffbcb7e3e2b9f3f887e3b64891dce4b84 (resized).jpg
7b6b9dd473b885344ffc306f29e056295ec873b4 (resized).jpg

#3524 1 year ago

Having a minor issue on my DILE. Sometimes, left ramp shots & right orbit/ramp shots where the ball is travelling very fast will not register. Doesn't seem to happen when the ball is going slower......only on my fastest shots.

Should I just try bending those little metal arms on the microswitches a little bit inwards, towards the switch mechanism? They SEEM okay....but this is definitely happening a lot on my fast ramp shots. Annoying!

#3528 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Yep. You just need to adjust the switch blades out a bit more so they make better/quicker contact. Same thing happened on the one here. Adjusting the blade fixed it.

Ahh, I see.......so I should bend the blade ends OUT a bit more! Now that I stop & think about it, that makes perfect sense.
I think I tried the opposite last week, and bent the blade closer to the switch. NO WONDER it seemed to get worse!

Thank you!

3 weeks later
#3938 1 year ago

That baby might still be in diapers, but IT KNOWS AN EMP STRIKE WHEN IT SEES ONE!!!!

1 month later
#4455 1 year ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

LE no 545, so earlish build.

Just FYI......the LE# is completely arbitrary and has nothing to do with the build date.
Just sayin'.

1 month later
#4926 1 year ago
Quoted from kharri:

I'm wondering how I can get the RED led board replacement and not the orange one. I'm not sure how to know unless the later revs are orange, in which case that's all you will be able to get.

Definitely the other way around. My first phone was from summer 2017 and it was very orange. Replacement was sent in December 2017 and it is red and the colors are MUCH more vibrant. Later revs are RED, not orange. Maybe they sent you older parts?

2 months later
#5470 1 year ago

I placed my manual order around 9/21, and I just got my confirmation/shipping emails yesterday.
Give it time.

1 month later
#6096 11 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Confession: I always try to make the skill shot, but don't care what it rewards. I don't even know what transit value is.

Confession: I rarely try to make the skill shot, because the FULL PLUNGE on this game is so much damn fun!!!

1 month later
#6807 9 months ago

without the BT dongle mine was a LITTLE better but still dropped into single digit framerates occasionally.

1 week later
#6964 9 months ago

For whatever it's worth, I've had NOTHING but EXCELLENT customer support experiences with JJP for my Dialed In AND my WOZ in 2017 and 2018.
Those folks have done A LOT for me...going ABOVE & BEYOND the level of support I expected to receive...on multiple occasions!

3 months later
#7645 5 months ago

Wanna see something cRaZy!?!? Try installing the new WOZ code on a Dialed In machine.
It's like a totally different game!!!!

P.S. I'm just kidding. Don't really try this.

2 weeks later
#7736 5 months ago

Animation framerate is SHIT on 1.61 on my DILE

2 months later
#8289 84 days ago

All I want to know is if they fixed the animation framerate issue yet. I think I'm still on 1.57 because of that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Exton, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chatham, MA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 21.00
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moonduckie78.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside