IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikepmcs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10970 3 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Ok one more question about the lottery scratch off. It says to wave your hand to scratch the ticket yet it doesn’t do anything?

If you are playing the game in a dark room the camera won't pick it up. This is not a joke.

#10971 3 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Just picked up a dialed in and noticed this in the coin tray. Anyone know what this goes to?[quoted image]

Looks like a 12v power tap. I know Mezel Mods sells them for people to add powered mods. I bought one recently. Mezel's are fused so this may be a homemade one maybe.

1 week later
#11021 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I would love some thoughts from someone who has played DI and Wonka. As I get closer to making my purchase, I have never been able to play a Wonka and I would imagine a Wonka would hold its resale better, but I have played DI and think it’s the most amazing pin I have ever played. Thoughts?

I have them both. DI Standard (Made that choice because there was no play difference between standard and LE and couldn't justify the upcharge) and a Wonka CE. The Wonkavator device was a must for me personally so standard was out and because of the theme I decided to pay an outrageous sum of money for a CE (momentary lapse of reason and impulsive. I'd get an LE if I had a do-over)
I like them both for different reasons. I like them both because they are Pat Lawlor as well. Wonka is the choice in my opinion if you just want to play and play without ever having to feel like you have to do something. It's a friendly game that you don't really feel pressured to do anything but slap the ball around. Plenty of stuff going on with multiballs and fun displays scenes, audio/callouts, light shows etc... and I never get tired of continuously hitting the start button again and again.
Dialed In is a little more goal oriented and of course you can knock the ball around all day as well but it seems there's more of a nudge to get things done and complete this or that. That is equally as entertaining and I have no problem hitting the start button over and over again on that one as well. Matter of fact I'm waiting on pin blades to dress it up and then I can install my pinstadium I bought from Scott. I wouldn't have done that had I not really liked the game.
Both games are keepers. Dialed in Standard or Wonka LE would be my choice if I was doing it again. DI SE is $8000.00 Wonka LE is $9500.
Only you can make the actual decision of what you want in a pinball game. Wonka has more attraction in my opinion with the whole visual package but is it worth the extra 1500 to YOU. Wonka Standard wasn't even an option for me due to being a different game in my opinion, so that's how I have to look at it now. I personally don't like the tiered pinball options manufacturers offer.
If I had to choose only one it would be Willy Wonka for me personally. So it boils down to your taste and your style of play and what you want from the game experience. We cannot make this decision for you. But as suggested by the others if you can get to a WW somewhere and put some time in that's the only way you won't be left wondering what if.....
Best wishes and if you have any follow on questions about either game, keep asking.
r/

#11046 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

That's awesome how do I purchase more drones?

maybe Barry can help with this. [email protected]

2 weeks later
#11102 3 years ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

I am hoping that my new DI will be here this week sometime. I have never played it so I have been watching a bunch of videos to get the basic idea of how it plays. Many of the videos I have found are 2-3 years old. Does the theater magnet still capture and throw the ball upwards around the loop like the sanctum shot on the shadow on the latest software?

Yes. There are settings in the diagnostic/tests to control the amount high or low. We all have ours set at different settings for what works best for us. You may or may not have to adjust. Quick story. I had mine(theater magnet strength) set at around 105 and performed an upgrade at some point but apparently didn't play it for a while after. Life goes on and hadn't played since we were moving. One day I'm playing and notice the theater magnet is grabbing the ball but rather than tossing it forward it just kind of glitches and releases the ball so it falls to flippers. Its doing this every time and I'm thinking here we go. I look to make sure the mylar isn't causing the issue etc.. I let this go on for numerous times after until I finally decide to check the settings and sure enough the JJP software upgrade changed the strength to 150 from my 105. I lowered it back to where it was tossing it correctly to the upper flipper and now it opchecks 4.0(old navy guys will get that ref)
So..... Plan on some minor setting changes. Flipper and vuk coil strength and possibly Bob's trap door issues and maybe some cutting the mylar around the magnets in the near future after you get your game. Rest assured whatever it is, post it up here immediately and we'll get you going in the right direction.
r/
Mike

#11126 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Mine is 994 and shipped with this on. Everything working great...cept I was able to open my back box ones and can’t anymore

You'll want to read this thread posted below for possible fixes. Seems there are a few things they may have caused this issue. Foam, actual lock bar on the lock too long, wood needing to be trimmed, and or loosening screws on the lock mech and shift and tighten back. One thing though, if you decide to remove the speaker panel which is the easiest way to see what's going on make sure you have another set of hands to help support and hold things. Don't force anything at any time and be patient.
Link:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/di-cant-get-into-my-backbox

#11128 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

just joined the club with an SE!
Question, does this game just use a standard williams lockdown bar? Like this:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-18240

More or less it looks very similar. Handle to the right when you open the coin door pulls to the left and lockdown bar lifts up.

#11193 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

This might be a stupid question but don’t magnets lose their magnetism when stored together for a period of time? I was thinking to have like 5 sets of balls and just rotate them out when I start having issues? Bad idea?

If you do want to go that route and don't feel like making(youtube) or buying a degaussing tool https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/magnetized-balls-problem-solved-cheaply or don't have a soldering iron to try. put this in the search in that one massive market place that you bid on or sell stuff. 25 1-1/16" Inch Mirror Finish Carbon Steel Replacement Pinball Machine Pinballs.
Don't overthink this too much. I've never had a pinball magnetization problem, ever. I replace or polish pinballs to get the nicks out but i've never replaced one because of a magnetizing situation causing issues. Maybe i'm too dumb to know what the issues are. This is a possibility and not ruling it out.

r/
Mike

#11205 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Do you need to add mylar to the areas where the ball drops on the playfield, like out of the station lock and upper playfield?

I put Cliffy's Universal Switch Slot Protectors under where both balls drop from the rail forms to the inlanes. They are expensive as heck but they will do the trick on this game.
I imagine when you say upper playfield up top you mean that flat piece above the pops where it goes in that hole or on the flat plastic when diverter is down?
If so that's a lot of mylar to cover. Maybe directly under the hole I guess but I don't see the drop off of the plastic ever hitting the same spot with any consistency like the wire forms. Check to see if some is already in the area. JJP is pretty decent at putting factory mylar in some high traffic areas and it blends way better than aftermarket.

#11208 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

The ball dropping from the station lock, about a 1.5 inch drop every time you hit the side ramp. Then off the front of the upper playfield it’s like a 2.5 inch drop

If you feel it's something that you want to personally do to further protect your investment then definitely do so. I know Marco has some really sizeable mylar choices because I bought some years ago for some of my older titles. Lots of choices. Make sure the area is very clean, no dust around and don't handle the mylar with your fingers. Use tweezers or a knife edge etc.... I personally put a coat of wax down on the area and buff it off prior to application.
I'm not marketing for this company, I just know they have it. I'm sure many other reputable pinball supply establishments offer similar products at equally fair prices.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PFLD-MYLAR
r/
Mike

#11216 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I noticed a coin reject button LED out so I replaced it with a few different Cointaker and PL LEDs. They all got extremely hot and very quick, one to the point of soft/melting. Then I noticed the ones that were in it are 12v and the ones I put in were 6.3v. Where can I find 12v LEDs?

Comet.

https://www.cometpinball.com/
prices are already very reasonable but if you watch a couple of the big streaming pinball guys you can usually find a promo code.

#11262 3 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

Just picked up a DI and have some questions. I started reading this thread from the start but am only ~25 pages in so forgive me if this question has been answered
What coil strength setting are people using on the upper flipper?
I'm having a hard time getting the ball up into the lock.
Does anyone adjust the coil strength for the phone kickout?
I'm getting some kickouts that are hitting the wireform when the ball is ejected.
Also where do I go to check out what code this machine is running?
Tried finding in the menu but it's crazy compared to my TZ!
Pic added for fun!
[quoted image]

Coil strength is a personal choice. If you bought this used then it's possible the original owner tuned it to their liking.
So just start adding to the upper flipper strength 1 at a time until you are satisfied. I actually lowered mine as well as my main flippers.
Yes. Turn phone kickout down. I've never had that happen personally.
Code can be seen on boot up or enter the diagnostics screen and check the bottom right corner. Full is 1.60 and delta is 1.73.
https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/

#11275 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

anyone know where i can get a rules card? Mine is damaged and JJP says they don't have any more...

maybe this helps
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/12#post-5267214

#11319 3 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

What do I need to do to modify my backbox lock to work properly?
I spent ~30 min last night to get into my backbox, had to take off the speaker panel to finally get the key to turn- what a pain in the a$$!
I also discovered that I get to trim the wood in the backbox as the glass can't lift up far enough to be removed. I found the post about what to do for wood trimming but didn't find/ look as closely about how to modify the lock.
I have LE 179 and my troubles indicate the PO never removed the glass.
Thanks!

You are literally describing the fix. A lot of us have had the issue. Remove speaker box screws and either adjust and tighten lock, bend lock arm, trim wood, etc...
I think it's described a couple pages back recently.

found this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/di-cant-get-into-my-backbox
r/
Mike

#11331 3 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Is there anyway to do LED flippers that match the lighting scenes on the game that rotates?

only thing close I know about was from this guy 5 years ago.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/illuminated-flipper-bats

#11332 3 years ago
2 weeks later
#11481 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Problem solved. It appears to be my trap door plate.
[quoted image]

if it's out of warranty you can get one here.
https://www.pinballlife.com/trap-door-assembly.html

2 months later
#11715 3 years ago

From the factory. My phone has never been removed.

20210212_175737 (Large) (resized).jpg20210212_175737 (Large) (resized).jpg

#11727 3 years ago
Quoted from MajorDrainer:

HELP PLEASE....Hello, when I shoot the left orbit (loop) the ball is frequently falling down into the cabinet...I didn't see any obvious issue....any suggestions for this Noob?....Thanks in advance.

Quoted from LTG:

Blue steel flap broken off of the trap door ?
Search the picture gallery on this thread to plug the hole at the end of the trap door assembly subway.
LTG : )

I'm gonna jump in with an assist on this one because I happen to be perusing the site.

Start here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/105#post-4562448

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/105#post-4565687

That's where the issue will be resolved either by plugging, as Lloyd says, or manipulation of the metal.

more:
Clip was made for it in this thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/181#post-5191590
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/181#post-5195393

r/
Mike

3 weeks later
#11777 3 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Joined the club finally and what a fantastic game. Asking the group for anyone who has installed pinstadiums to the game. How did you go about doing it. This is the first JJP game i will be putting them on and all the GI appears to be light boards. Just wondering if someone can share a little insight.
Cheers

Here you go. I put neos on when I had mine.

Here's where Scott's thread on dialed in starts.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/18#post-4038653

Here's my thread with pictures.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/129#post-5885896

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikepmcs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=mikepmcs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.