IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbrave77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7025 5 years ago

Played Dialed In for the first time today(silverball museum in NJ). Just wanted to chime in how much fun I had with it. As a first time player the game does a good job of telling you what to aim for and how to score. The multiball, emoji, selfie mode stuff is great. And I love the electric shock when you hit the power guy. Spent 90 minutes at the museum thinking I would play a bunch of games but spent 90% of my time with Dialed In. Great stuff!

2 years later
#12477 2 years ago

Hello everyone. Ill be joining the dialed in club with an LE shortly. Would someone let me know what pitch this game plays best at? And is there anything I should really focus on when looking at the game before buying?

Mostly i look for any chipping pooling especially on JJP games but this one is fine there. Thanks!

#12481 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

No pooling on my DI LE anywhere. But good to check. Double check the head where it lays on the cabinet. I assume it will have cliffys installed in both holes. I think they come with em, but people get frustrated with the phone scoop and sometimes remove it. I carefully took the mylar off both magnets because over time it can get all jacked up. Better to carefully remove so its clean. The theater magnet is notorious for not working properly but there's a setting you can adjust. Its finicky though. Mine is perfect for a while, then it starts acting up. If it works right, it changes the game play dramatically. Ive heard of people having usdues with the Bob trap door, but I never have. I can honestly say in 8 months or so having it, I haven't had any issues. Almoat forgot, make sure the invisiglass is in it.. Good luck!
[quoted image]

Good points. And i believe jjp invisiglass actually had invisiglass etched on the bottom too to be sure. What pitch do you play at?

#12488 2 years ago

Got my LE yesterday in a trade. Question about the below pic. Is this where most of your wire form is screwed into place? The ball returns so fast the the left inlane and many times falls off, im wondering if its because of this.

Next the theatre magnet. The magnet loves to drop the ball SDTM. Is the only fix to just make sure game is level?

Lastly the left outlane post. Mine is in the hard position and it looks like Id have to take the wireform off to move it, do most have it in that hard position?

20211220_040015232_iOS (resized).jpg20211220_040015232_iOS (resized).jpg
#12490 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Theater magnet should fling the ball around the back ala The Shadow a large percentage of the time. Go into device tests - magnet test and mess with the setting. Mine works well at -100

thanks! Ill do that tomorrow. I have the game pretty steep at around 7 which may also impact things

#12496 2 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

There's a clear plastic to install over the end of the ramp.
Early games didn't have it and you couls request it from jjp. Late run machines had it installed from factory.

plastic flap for the ramp? Or for the ball return to the inlane? Thats where the issue is for me.

#12498 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

He meant the ball return at the end of the wireform. JJP added a piece of plastic to prevent fast balls from falling off.

ok figured, ill reach out to them. ty

#12500 2 years ago

Thx. How about the drones? When i go into switch test they work flawlessly. But during gameplay i hear drone sounds but no real movement. Maybe one of them sputters a bit. Is that a settings issue or hardware?

#12501 2 years ago

Nm. Drones work. 100 on magnet is better but not perfect. But playing well.

For those who have taken off the magnet mylar. Whats the best way to do that? Heat with blow dryer or something?

#12505 2 years ago

So starting to notice that dialed in is a noisy game even at idle. Not line a stern where its just a fan going on once in a while. Its a steady buzzing kind of like being near a fridge. Is this normal? Are there fans i should replace?

#12514 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Probably speaker noise, common on this game. Get one of these if you confirm it’s speakers. Just turn down volume all the way and see if noise goes away to confirm.
KRIPT Noise Filter Ground Loop... amazon.com link »

Thanks ill check that. I think its more computer/electrical humming tho. Will check it out

1 week later
#12521 2 years ago

Stuck ball issue around the pops by the skill shot area. Is this common and is there a way to resolve?

#12527 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

DialedIn control electronic is a PC motherboard with an added graphics board. As such, it consumes way more power than Stern Spike (which are ARM based, very low power consumption). So what you hear is very likely cooling fans in the backbox, which pretty much stays on all the time.
Stern uses in contrast uses a simple meanwell psu, no additional fan. The fan you hear kicking from time to time is inside the PSU when the temperature reaches a certain threshold.
Nothing wrong with DialedIn, it's just a design choice

I figured it was most likely computer Humming noise. Thanks

#12539 2 years ago

Getting a lot of theatre shots that result in magnet dropping the ball sdtm. Should i be messing with theatre magnet catch behavior? Its on normal now but i also see partial and test lab(wiggle)? Any suggestions?

#12543 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Having the same issue. I think it's the leveling, because when I first brought the game hone, it played fine.
Moved it, and now it's giving me almost 100% SDTM from the magnet hold and release.
What level are you guys at for this game, and what line on the bubble are you at?

yea my magnet hold and release is sdtm most of the time. Ill check the bubble later but i never trust those things, and I prefer my games steep. I dont think pitch would matter in this case anyways, it would just be level ness side to side.

#12560 2 years ago

Shit i didnt even know these newer games had batteries to change. When do you change the battery and where is it on dialed in/jjp games?

Do modern sterns need this as well? I really thought spike2 got rid of the need to replace batteries

#12562 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Check the manual. There’ll be instructions and location info. They recommend every 3 years.

Ok thanks guess ill do that. New sterns too?

#12578 2 years ago

Anyone have issues with the scoop rejecting a decent percentage of hits? Ball rattles in and out a lot

#12584 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballizfun:

it's because you missed the shot. It's not the holes fault.

hehe, I mean in many cases i hit it straight on it hits the back of the plate and bounces out.

1 month later
#12735 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Is that the code that came out in the last few months with the Scorbit stuff?

theres a setting somewhere to mess with the magnet power that helped me. Mine drops the ball straight down a lot as well but as someone said the power company guy seems to be coded to get in the way of that most of the time now.

1 month later
#12823 1 year ago

I think i posted this a while back but cant remember. My dialed in has a very loud speaker feedback type noise. For longest time i thought it was computer fans but ive realized its definetly just loud speaker feedback type nice.

If i turn volume all the way down on front control it still comes through. Is this possibly a setting i have wrong? I cant even find speaker settings in the darn menu ha. Like what number ohms like stern has?

#12825 1 year ago
Quoted from Groo:

I bought an isolator for $10 and it fixed the feedback noise.
amazon.com link »

Where does it plug in? I dont see a plug like that. Do I have to remove the LCD screen and look back there?

#12829 1 year ago

Where is the battery anyways and how often need to replace? Any signs you can tell its time to replace?

2 months later
#12952 1 year ago

I was having my best game ever yesterday. Was in chaos multiball and had 3 or 4 sim cards all was going well in multiball when......The power went out in the entire neighborhood. Ugh!

4 months later
#13177 1 year ago

A while ago i posted about speaker noise/constant humming. Someone pointed me to a headphone adapter type thing to plug in and reduce that noise. Only i dont see a headphone adapter type cable anywhere. Doni need to remove the lcd screen maybe?

3 months later
#13265 1 year ago

Stuck Ball issue Ive always had and now figured out why. When trying for skill shot or when a ball moves slowly up behind the pops the ball often gets stuck on this different kind of roll over switch I guess? Its a small metal stick coming out attached to the coil below. Any suggestions to make it stop contributing to stuck balls?

20230318_153921233_iOS (resized).jpg20230318_153921233_iOS (resized).jpg20230318_153926737_iOS (resized).jpg20230318_153926737_iOS (resized).jpg20230318_153929200_iOS (resized).jpg20230318_153929200_iOS (resized).jpg20230318_154102550_iOS (resized).jpg20230318_154102550_iOS (resized).jpg
#13266 1 year ago

also starting to see the magnet mylar wear. to cut around the theatre magnet, did you need to remove the theatre?

#13269 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

It probably needs adjusting. It should roll onto it, ball holding the switch down until it is kicked out. If you know what mean?

Yea it does that many times. But when the ball slowly goes there it doesnt make it past that switch

#13271 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I had to bend mine down, now even a slow ball won’t get stuck.

Did you bend from above the playfield or below?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbrave77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.